January 2014 In-game

might go to my first TFC game
tumblr_mbsuxhLYYu1riqizno1_500.gif

Not sure what exact motives are, but mls is giving these players opportunity to make more money and live in North America/United States.. That probabaly is hard to turn down

But why would Bradley potentially give up champions league football next year with roma, i assume he is still XI??

I still don't understand why MLS doesn't go all in for Javier Hernandez. He'd be the next big thing after Beckham, and he'd draw in the Latino crowd, especially if Miami comes back...

had Barca/Getafe o3.75 @ 2.89 in game thought it was deadsville then 2 goals in the 90th and 90th+2, both goals….Messi of course

Like I said have no idea what motives are.. Maybe Europe sucks ass to live and of you can live where you grew up and make great money and be close to family and friends then maybe that opportunity is hard to pass up.. Also, I don't believe Bradley was starting all the time, maybe he can't get a commitment from them on playing time.. I'd guess Toronto is also paying a transfer fee that is greater than anyone else..

I personally don't like it, but I also think we tend to blows these things way out of proportion.. Is altidore a better player now that he is playing in the epl?

a lot of americans have chosen bad situations/team to make there jump to Europe.. edu, adu, altidore, dempsey, donavon, onyewu, beasley, shea...

only few who had good spells recently where they improved were demeritt, howard, cherundolo, and mcbride. altidore had a good situation with AZ

According to ESPNFC.com, MLS is poised to sign Bradley to a contract in the five to six-year range at an annual salary in the neighborhood of $6.5 million, making him one of the highest paid players in the league. The Toronto Star reported Wednesday that thecombined value of transfer fees and salaries for Bradley and Tottenham Hotspur striker Jermain Defoe would reach $100 million.
There was conflicting data in terms of the transfer fee, with one overseas source indicating that Roma expects to receive $7 million. But multiple MLS sources stated that the league expects to pay in excess of $10 million.
The Reds are working on what could be the splashiest offseason in club history. Last month, they signed young Brazilian striker Gilberto to a Designated Player, then selected former captain Dwayne De Rosario in the Re-Entry Draft.
De Rosario will be re-introduced to the club in a press conference on Thursday.

not sure what cap is , but Im assuming they would both be DP's so they would not count against the cap. (each team allowed three dp players)

Usually the league will chip in to cover some of the transfer fee in order to bring players like that in

i don't think transfer fees are included in the cap, and defoe and bradley will be designated players so they won't count towards cap

yeah they have pockets but thought there was a set cap all teams had to abide too?
I think DP's only count against a certain percentage of the cap so as not to discourage teams from going out and signing international players. Can't wait for DeRosario to start bitching about how much Defoe and Bradley are making...

doesnt matter

Defoe instantly becomes the best striker in the league, and with decent talent behind him he will have so many CBs in his pocket hanging off the shoulder

he's small enough that his speed won't decrease with age that much and as a finisher he's as good as almost anyone

DeRo still looks decent, and in Bradley I would assume they now have one of the 2 or 3 best midfielders in the league

yep.

Defoe easily best striker

Id say Bradley and the guy who plays for Portland( Valeri) would clearly be the two best center mids in the league

I wonder what Bradley will do

I know there has been some talk of Defoe staying on loan until March, but even then I don't think he'd play much

for US hopes I would think you want Bradley to rest and then just be a few months in the MLS season as WC hits, rather than basically it being his 11th straight month

Bradley may join the current US camp for the month of January and the two week trip to Sao Paulo.

If the transfer go through, when would he be released from Roma, immediately?

ya unless they work out some type of loan deal that he stays until MLS season starts he is TFC property right away

right now he and Lambert are 4th/5th with Defoe probably just ahead, and they will either take 4 or 5

unless Carroll comes back healthy in the 2nd half and plays great I think he will

I read he was hesitant about joining MLS without knowing how it would effect his national team chances.

anyways both great pickups for the league. Bradley is a shocker since he is in his prime, but whatever. Wonder what the reasons were , probably mostly about the good amount of money he will be making.

the more I think about it makes sense for an American

he's 26 or 27, if he wants to start it's going to be with a mid-table team so trophies aren't likely

he doesn't want to sit on the bench at a club of Roma's level, so he gets a big pay day, moves back to North America

the defoe thing is tricky, there aren't many other options so I dono what Hodgson could do

even playing 1 up top (Sturridge) and Rooney behind, if one of the two get injures the replacement is likely Wilshere moving forward or something like that, which is why a lot of people think he brings 4 instead of 5, but even then if/when they need a goal Defoe has to be trusted over Lambert/Carroll, and Welbeck can play the target man if needed so those 2 aren't needed for a plan B

he supposedly told Lampard last year his best shot at making the World Cup team this year was to stay in Europe, but midfield has so much more depth for England, and Lampard is on the fringes anyway

According to ESPNFC.com, MLS is poised to sign Bradley to a contract in the five to six-year range at an annual salary in the neighborhood of $6.5 million, making him one of the highest paid players in the league. The Toronto Star reported Wednesday that thecombined value of transfer fees and salaries for Bradley and Tottenham Hotspur striker Jermain Defoe would reach $100 million.
There was conflicting data in terms of the transfer fee, with one overseas source indicating that Roma expects to receive $7 million. But multiple MLS sources stated that the league expects to pay in excess of $10 million.
The Reds are working on what could be the splashiest offseason in club history. Last month, they signed young Brazilian striker Gilberto to a Designated Player, then selected former captain Dwayne De Rosario in the Re-Entry Draft.
De Rosario will be re-introduced to the club in a press conference on Thursday.
I will say I don't know shit..but to be one of the better players on the field at 6-7 milly a year close to home may be hard to pass up

and it aint like he is an all time great right? And he wont get "shittier" playin there..

I don't think he will be shittier. The surprise is the fact that he is probably one of the few US players who can actually make it in Europe and play for a quality club, and he is choosing in his prime to come to the MLS. .

There is very little job security for players in Europe. Always turnover with coaches. He gets job security for sure with MLS

The money and the chance to be close to friends and family is probably a huge factor. Can't blame him for that.

The training and coaching is far far superior over in Europe than it is in the MLS.

Last edited:
doesnt matter

Defoe instantly becomes the best striker in the league, and with decent talent behind him he will have so many CBs in his pocket hanging off the shoulder

he's small enough that his speed won't decrease with age that much and as a finisher he's as good as almost anyone

DeRo still looks decent, and in Bradley I would assume they now have one of the 2 or 3 best midfielders in the league

DeFoe is only as good as the squad he has with him, and the majority of his goals have come against weak Europa opponents. I love the guy, but he's lost step or 2, and will have little to work with in TFC. They will fill seats, but he won't score and they won't win. JMHO.

maybe, but in a league where imo Robbie Keane is one of the top strikers, I find it hard to believe that Defoe won't have success.

well wonder how he feels about playing on an artificial pitch in rain! haha
nice to see TFC finally have some ambition to bring in players that actually have had success, majority of the fans were idiots to believe Danny Dichio was a god…smh.

Lol that is a mess... I've heard he was not under contract while Vancouver says he was... Would be an epic fuck up if he leaves for free

WFC keeps saying they picked up his option in November so who knows the whole situation is getting dragged on.

Whole things seems shady, if in fact he was under contract why would this team just openly sign him.. I can't imagine they would want to sour relations between the two leagues, which makes me think Vancouver and mls really fucked up on this

Wouldn't doubt it, we'll see how it folds like you said worst case scenario is he leaves free that would be fucked.

hahaha this is funny, got this from Skysports. Wonder if you guys can figure it out

Former Aston Villa midfielder Michael Bradley is close to a move toFC Toronto from Roma, according to the player's agent. Alberto Faccini is quoted as saying to tuttomercatoweb.com. "We are very close to define the transfer. Michael made a lifestyle choice and will go in a league where he is much appreciated. There were also many Italian and European teams which wanted him, but Michael made a different choice."
The move will see Bradley link up with Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe at Toronto with the England international set to seal his move to the MLS early next week.

hahaha this is funny, got this from Skysports. Wonder if you guys can figure it out

Former Aston Villa midfielder Michael Bradley is close to a move toFC Toronto from Roma, according to the player's agent. Alberto Faccini is quoted as saying to tuttomercatoweb.com. "We are very close to define the transfer. Michael made a lifestyle choice and will go in a league where he is much appreciated. There were also many Italian and European teams which wanted him, but Michael made a different choice."
The move will see Bradley link up with Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe at Toronto with the England international set to seal his move to the MLS early next week.

I read something that he was making about 1.1 million at Roma... Huge increase in pay to mls , really can't blame him at all now

Morning fellas :cheers:
Club America was wank last night, and this chelsea game looks meek now

Don't see a single game I like coming up. Nuts that United is favored without Rooney and RvP. Has anyone seen them play of late? they are fuckign terrible.

Rangers last 4 games vs E. Fife have been 4-0, 5-0, 4-0, and 4-0 (granted the last one was 7 years back)
pretty consistent thumpings.

Athletic Bilbao are undefeated at home, coming off two losses, and Almeria is without their top scorer today.

Back