• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Iverson to 'Stons...Dyess and Big Shot to Denver?

Saw the same thing on Yahoo yesterday I believe. That would be huge. And quite dumb for the Pistons imo. Maybe John Hammond was the genius behind the Pistons all these years :)

ehhh dont know how i feel about it... have thought chauncey has been too slow for last year or two anyways...

Great move for nuggets, Chauncey is a very smart player which is someone that the nuggets need. Iverson isn't what pistons need, he dosen't really buy into team concept.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1137811 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid">Yesterday, 10:38 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid" align=right> #12 <INPUT id=plist_1137811 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 5px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle; PADDING-TOP: 0px" type=checkbox value=0 name=plist[1137811] inlineModID="inlineMod"> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 0px solid" width=175>B.A.R.<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1137811", true); </SCRIPT>
CTG Partner

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1137811 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Random notes....

Good to see the Thunder get that highly anticipated first win under their belts. Sorry Marlo, your boys made history as the first victims of the Thunder. Looks like an exciting 4th qtr with 30 total points scored...

Glad they hammered the Knicks total in that Philly game before I could get to it. Dantoni's system obviously needs some more work with this bunch. Shavebury should be released soon. Thought I saw something like the Nuggets might be interested? Kooky...

Few far out there Detroit trade rumors..Prince to Oakland for Jax. That would be pretty funny having Jax play at the Palace 41 times a year. We would lose two years with Jax and would prolly need a pick or something thrown in. Also a Billups for Iverson rumor is out there. Kid you not. Would need a filler in there as well...
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

:pillow:

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Btw, Joe D. has always been enamored with Allen Iverson. Remember back the summer before Philadelphia went to Finals I believe there was a Stackhouse and fillers to Philly for Iverson and Matt Geiger. Yes Matt Geiger. If my memory serves me correct. Geiger exercised his no-trade clause which made the deal dead.

Few far out there Detroit trade rumors..Prince to Oakland for Jax. That would be pretty funny having Jax play at the Palace 41 times a year. We would lose two years with Jax and would prolly need a pick or something thrown in. Also a Billups for Iverson rumor is out there. Kid you not. Would need a filler in there as well...
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

as far as tonight would make an interesting bet on Detroit.. they have excellent bench players and I personally have felt Billups is being able to be broken any time a quick point guard faces him. Will be looking at Detroit hopefully at -1? Also the overreaction factor which people love. Joe the Plumber saying oh no no Billups and Mcdyess take BOBCATS. Personally i dont feel they throw a clunker out there because they know they are going to be center of basketball universe for a week.

The Detroit Pistons have reached a tentative agreement to trade Chauncey Billups and Antonio McDyess to the Denver Nuggets for Allen Iverson. Neither player was at this morning's shoot-around. Team officials said that more information would be forthcoming later today.
Come back to MLive.com for the latest news.

The Detroit Pistons have reached a tentative agreement to trade Chauncey Billups and Antonio McDyess to the Denver Nuggets for Allen Iverson. Neither player was at this morning's shoot-around. Team officials said that more information would be forthcoming later today.
Come back to MLive.com for the latest news.

:seeya:

AI contract expires this year correct? wallace as well?

Bar didnt Maxiel/Johnson both just resign?

Denver Nuggets

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
530.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Antonio McDyess
Salary: $6,813,050 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 7.0 REB: 4.0 AST: 1.5 PER: 13.79
</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
63.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Chauncey Billups
Salary: $11,050,000 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 12.5 REB: 5.0 AST: 7.5 PER: 18.20
Outgoing Players: Allen Iverson
det.gif
Detroit Pistons

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
366.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Allen Iverson
Salary: $20,840,625 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 18.7 REB: 2.7 AST: 6.7 PER: 17.42
Outgoing Players: Antonio McDyess, Chauncey Billups

Cant decide if the move is good for Detroit or not....do they have enough up front if they deal Dice?

Loooooooove the move for Denver though. Bring Chauncey home and get some stability on that crazy team w/ him and Dice.

'Sheed and The Answer on the same team...hmmm
<!-- / message --><!-- attachments --><FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Images</LEGEND>
attachment.php

</FIELDSET>

marlo's avatar sure turned quick..lol

so, Wallace and Iverson contracts come off books at end of this year...nice

Aplous, they have plenty up front. They just lose that big man who could pick and roll with Stuckey off bench

Btw, Joe D. has always been enamored with Allen Iverson. Remember back the summer before Philadelphia went to Finals I believe there was a Stackhouse and fillers to Philly for Iverson and Matt Geiger. Yes Matt Geiger. If my memory serves me correct. Geiger exercised his no-trade clause which made the deal dead.

I dont think it was a no trade clause...i think it was some sort of trade kicker where his contract called for him to get an extra 3 mil or something and he wouldnt waive it, so the deal died

I think this is Detroit basically saying there "rebuilding" rolling with Prince/Stuckey/Maxiel/Johnson, basically take 1 step backward right now, to take 2 steps forward when AI's deal is done.

I dont think it was a no trade clause...i think it was some sort of trade kicker where his contract called for him to get an extra 3 mil or something and he wouldnt waive it, so the deal died

Yeah, I just knew it had to do with the ole Geiger Counter.

marlo's avatar sure turned quick..lol

so, Wallace and Iverson contracts come off books at end of this year...nice

Aplous, they have plenty up front. They just lose that big man who could pick and roll with Stuckey off bench

chauncey is my favorite player in the league

I think this is Detroit basically saying there "rebuilding" rolling with Prince/Stuckey/Maxiel/Johnson, basically take 1 step backward right now, to take 2 steps forward when AI's deal is done.

It looks like that at first.

At same point, the team could get a dynamic push for this year or could have chemistry issues. TBD

This is a great move for the Sixers...

that removes one of the two teams we couldnt beat in the playoffs!

Now if boston would just trade Paul Pierce to golden state for steven jackson or someone, wed be in the pole position!!

I dunno about the timing of this though...if all the contracts come off the books after this year, isnt that a year early for all the big time names on the FA market??

They gonna waste the money on someone just to spend the money??

Cant get a whole lot of guys to agree to one year contracts for next year...

I love it.

Iverson last year in contract....this is good for different reasons...I can dream for Bron.

Even if Iverson does sign extension here, it's not bad. Stuckey is obviously the man, I persoanlly love Chauncey but that hammy has caused him serious problems the last few years...

gotta think Iverson is the hungrier player as well.

I dunno about the timing of this though...if all the contracts come off the books after this year, isnt that a year early for all the big time names on the FA market??

They gonna waste the money on someone just to spend the money??

Cant get a whole lot of guys to agree to one year contracts for next year...

Understandable, but at same point they do not have to force anything this summer whatsoever.

Back