Detroit vs Boston Series Thoughts and Plays

i would like to ask you what do u think bout this player prop : Antonio McDyess OVER 17.5 point&rebs???

doesnt look like BAR is around to answer in time - my humble observation would be to go look at his game log and see what he's like off a good game, what is his consistency factor? he showed up in game 1 when a lot of his team mates didn't (at least to their full potential aspect). If his team mates do take up that slack today, that leaves him less room to shine (specifically, offensively) again. So he still gets the rebs, but may kill that prop on the offensive side of things.

I'll write more in a bit.

I am pissed...well also really knew in my heart that Billups wasn't ready to go. The whole "100%" stuff was a line...

Jeebus

Anyways....even though Boston played as good as they can on defense and shot lights out..I just can't gather confidence that Detroit will actually try and run...its SO FUCKIN EASY! Run...uptempo. Every offensive set started wih 10-12 seconds on shot clock. Flip said it but they just don't do it.

Boston -4.5 -110 2 units
Boston Under 172 -110 2 units

I fucked up in Game One. Shoulda hammered that under. Way too easy. All the FT attempts and Boston shoots 52 percent and game goes under easily..lmao

Agree with both plays :)

hmmmm

BAW Nation siding with the enemy tonite...setting up a new SEMassCON chapter here??? :)

gl amigo...

The Under Was Looking Great First Qtr...now Its 3 Min Left In The 3rd N The Pace Is Shitty For Us. Not Over Yet But To Me It Is....bol Luck Anyways, We Will Get Em Tomorrow

B.A.R , its my first post and want to say hello to all CTG people in ur thread 'cause i would like to ask you what do u think bout this player prop : Antonio McDyess OVER 17.5 point&rebs??? I think its really nice, but would like to hear what u think? Thanks

:shake:
very good call - McDyess covered that easy - good job ! :smiley_abcs:
(15-8)

your boys stepped up bro

got a nice win

ain't no series until someone wins on the road....

now we have a series:pillow:

Rodney Stuckey...what a steal

I remember when ABCS declared this kid wasn't any good..what an idiot

Anyways, that was a fun game to watch..obviously great Boston shooting in 2nd half and FT's both way killed any chance for under.

As Wilbon said, I think, Boston ashoots 58 percent o sumtin in 2nd half and still loses..amazing.

You realize that they won to spite you because you chose that Wings avatar above the Stones.

I mean, I don't want to put the blame squarely on you, but it is all your fault.

Rodney Stuckey...what a steal

I remember when ABCS declared this kid wasn't any good..what an idiot

Anyways, that was a fun game to watch..obviously great Boston shooting in 2nd half and FT's both way killed any chance for under.

As Wilbon said, I think, Boston ashoots 58 percent o sumtin in 2nd half and still loses..amazing.
Stuckey is great and you know who will be better come next season?

Afflalo. I'm sure of it.

Stuckey is great and you know who will be better come next season?

Afflalo. I'm sure of it.
I agree brah

Kramer...never..

like I said before series..I see 2-3 road wins in this series

I think tomorow night is a HUGE dogfight..ugly...shit

Not playing under because of all the whistles in first two games

Go Stons!:cheers:

Stuckey is the real deal.....

But Afflalo has been overrated since he was at Compton Centennial in High School. He was a big, athletic slasher and the hs and college levels, but he does not have the offensive game to be a starter in the NBA. He is too small and too slow to play effectively as a SG, but could develop into a good role player if he can improve his outside shot.

Stuckey is the real deal.....

But Afflalo has been overrated since he was at Compton Centennial in High School. He was a big, athletic slasher and the hs and college levels, but he does not have the offensive game to be a starter in the NBA. He is too small and too slow to play effectively as a SG, but could develop into a good role player if he can improve his outside shot.

I had same thoughts of Aaron when he waas at UCLA

That being said, he is prolly the hardest working player on Detroit. That says a lot. He will be a solid 12 year guy as a 6th man and marginal starter.

Game 3

I sat out in game 1, and played Detroit in game 2. Wanted to play the under in both, but thought the line was where it should be.

What sticks out to me is the total domination by the Celtics where points in the paint is concerned. In game one they outscored Det 44-22. In game 2 it was 36-24. That's a 76-46 edge for the series. I want to play the Celtics from a value standpoint, but I'll wait and see if they lose game 3. If they lose game 3, they will be playing for their playoff lives in game 4, and I'll back them then.

For now, it's back to playing the 'under' for me. An inflated total here in game 3, thanks to game 2. I don't expect close to 90% of the free throws to drop again tonight, and I don't expect a 32 point qtr by Detroit or a 28 pt qtr by Boston.

85-80 feels right.

Good luck, and fuck the Red Wings.

Full on white out tonight...all fans receiving white shirt when they enter building...don't recall the palace ever doing that before...should be awesome......

that being said, I think the celts definitely steal at least 1 game.

yeah...why couldn't they have a blue out or a red out? that woulda been better...matches the home whites tho i guess

imo the wings/pens series could go either way.....i'm on the pens in game 1, if they lose i'll take them again in game 2...i think they come out of detroit getting a game....going to play the under 5.5 some as well

as for the pistons/celts, i think pistons take this game...don't know if i'll play it b/f the game, prolly wait till half or ingame.

Think I am rolling with 1st Q Boston , 1st H Boston and Boston +5. Such even teams IMO the slighest of edges that Boston had increase with Billups absence so I prefer the points here...this is the 1st time Boston is playing a real big road game IMO as DET has won on there home floor early in the series unlike the previous...nothing crazy but GL all

Think I am rolling with 1st Q Boston , 1st H Boston and Boston +5. Such even teams IMO the slighest of edges that Boston had increase with Billups absence so I prefer the points here...this is the 1st time Boston is playing a real big road game IMO as DET has won on there home floor early in the series unlike the previous...nothing crazy but GL all

Wish they were all this comfortable......Celts vs LAL just like the ole days:cheers:

AUBURN HILLS -- The Detroit Pistons have a versatile roster, but they haven't spent a lot of time playing "small ball" until the playoffs.
While it has hurt the Pistons on the boards, playing a three-guard lineup helped them pull out a Game 2 win at Boston on Thursday, and kept Detroit from getting blown out in their 94-80 Game 3 loss on Saturday.
It remains to be seen how Detroit's smaller lineup will affect the Pistons in their Game 4 matchup with Boston tonight.
"It's tough, because we really haven't done it that much," said Tayshaun Prince, who slides over to the power forward position when Detroit goes with a three-guard set. "We've done it maybe seven, eight games out of the whole season."
Pistons coach Flip Saunders has gone with the smaller lineup to try and speed up the game, maybe force a few turnovers.
But more than anything else, he has gone with the three-guard setup because of Rodney Stuckey's emergence.
"We've got to play him, play him somewhere," Saunders said.
Playing Stuckey significant minutes as part of a three-guard lineup is a compromise of sorts for the Pistons, who have received inconsistent play from point guard Chauncey Billups.
After struggling in Detroit's Game 1 loss to Boston, Billups bounced back with a strong 19-point, seven-assist performance in Detroit's Game 2 win. In that game, Billups tweaked the right hamstring that has forced him to miss two games this postseason.
"The thing is I don't want to be talking about it," said Billups, who still receives lengthy treatment sessions with Arnie Kander, Detroit's strength and conditioning coach. "The bottom line is I've got to play better, we've got to play better, and whether it's hurting, still hurting or not, I've still got to play better. I've still got to play through it. That's exactly what I intend on doing."
There's a good chance he'll be doing it with at least two other guards on the floor.
Billups finds fault: Billups isn't blaming his sore right hamstring for his poor performance in Detroit's Game 3 loss. He doesn't believe his 1-for-6 shooting performance was the primary culprit, either.
"I thought I just didn't really personally do a good job of leading," Billups said.
"That's not just shooting the ball and scoring the ball. I think just leading. I think the game got away from us early, and I think I didn't step up enough vocally when guys were missing coverages and when things (weren't) going right."
Pistons guard Richard Hamilton said Detroit's Game 3 loss had nothing to do with Billups' ability to lead.
"I believe he's doing everything possible," Hamilton said. "He's one of the best point guards in the league and he's going out there and trying to do it."
Quick hits: Since 2004, Detroit is 3-2 in playoff series in which they lost two of the first three games. Their most recent comeback from a 2-1 series deficit came in the first round of this year's playoffs, against Philadelphia. After losing two of the first three, Detroit bounced back to win three in a row and advance to the next round of the playoffs. ... James Posey came into Saturday's game having scored a total of five points in Games 1 and 2. On Saturday, he had seven of his 12 off the bench, in the first half. ... Boston's Sam Cassell saw his first action in the Eastern Conference finals on Saturday, finishing with five points in eight minutes.

Tough spot here. They basically have adjusted every home game by a hook in the 2nd meeting. Like if Det won I think we would have seen Pistons -5 here they lost so they bumped it to 6...been doing it all playoff series from what I recall. Even SA opened Game 1 at -5 they opened game 2(home) at -4.5. Billups is huge obviously and how Manu stepped up yesterday makes me think maybe he can to but Billups I think is beatup worse then Manu was.

I just think Boston is better . DET has had no answer for the Celts on offense all season. Sort of the how ORL must feel when they play DET.

I know I am playing Boston over 85 points and have done pretty well with team props. Little concerned since I am less sure of this outcome but think its Boston +6 and Over 176..1st quarters have been unders in there matchups of late....

I think in the reg season BOS was 10-3 ATS catching points but the 3 losses they wer +1 or +1.5 so basically when they got a bucket or better they covered. Which tells me even though they were small dogs like 1 or 1.5 points they were expected to win. Same deal in the playoffs. They were still basically expected to win despite catching about 3 points in the Cle series and I keep fading them. In game 3 as I said somewhere in this forum and BC sort of started be rolling on this discussion is Bos never really NEEDED to win on the road in the playoffs cause they were always up 2-0 when they traveled and when they lost in was a matter of few possessions. They couldnt fall behind DET 2-1 and they came out and blasted DET. They win tonight and the series might very well be over. So Boston has that incentive vs a team they respect highly and DET has that incentive and presssure IMO. As I said to BC DET has not played well this postseason the fact they won some road games and Bos didnt was a mirage IMO. DET pulled a few games out of there asses and didnt even play better comeptition then Boston where Boston really blasted off at home in some of those games...Billups is ailing and Boston is just better IMo...

Just got text from BAR...his play tonight is on:

Cleveland Cavaliers to win NBA Championship

for 80 units.

Good luck

Not feelimg nuch myself waiting till half mostly ...

C's +6
Over 176 (lil less then 1 unit )
over 85 Boston team
3rd q Over 43.5
4th q Cs+1

Boston has to feel great right now. They got out-hustled, outplayed and are down four.

Yes, I think that Detroit can win this game but am also scared right now of how things transpired in the first half.

Small play

Boston +2.5 -110 2h

The biggest problem is foul trouble. It took away a lot of the Detroit aggression and tenacity in the first half.

I don't know, one of the hardest things for a team coming from a big deficit behind is to not only cut the deficit, but take the lead. The comeback takes so much energy and allows a few minutes for the opponent to adjust, so even if Boston will tie the game, I believe that Pistons will make a run of their own and should close this game.

Refs by the way did their job I believe. Too many calls to my taste, but as long as they are calling even and they did, they all right in my opinion...

Back