Detroit vs Boston Series Thoughts and Plays

Boston has to feel great right now. They got out-hustled, outplayed and are down four.

Yes, I think that Detroit can win this game but am also scared right now of how things transpired in the first half.

Small play

Boston +2.5 -110 2h

:thumbsup:

BAW Nation likes BAW-ston :cheers:

Motown should have won by 30

they win game 5 its the hardest game of the series when 2-2.

Boston will choke unless they get 40 ft's :popcorn:

Back To Even

nba_ap_billups_allen_412.jpg

• AP Photo/Tony DejakChauncey Billups and the Pistons held Boston to 31.8 percent shooting.

Well, that was one of the best games I have seen Detroit play on defense in recent memory. They were smothering on defense and hustling on every play. They overcame some very questionable officiating at times and some offensive lulls. This game was won by the power forwards and centers. Wallace was able to score when not on the bench. Maxy was unbelievable. And then, there is Antonio McDyess....

This is the guy from the core of this team that doesn't have a ring. He was one quarter away in 2005, but they couldn't get it done. Dice really struggled for the last 3 months or so of the regular season. He couldn't by a shot. He defended and boarded well, but just couldn't score. He got his nose broke in Round One and has played on. I have noticed some really inspired play the last few weeks since his grandmother died. Its like he is on a mission. I can't say enough about this guy. He is quiet in lockerroom but he stepped up at the film session Sunday and spoke up. That more than anything, is what set the tone for Game 4.

Now, the big question is whether or not this Detroit team can be like those teams in '04 and '05 that can bring that intensity each night. Tonight, like in '87, '88 and '91 is another pivotal game in Boston with the series tied. I think its going to be an all out war. I think Boston jumps out early and Detroit claws back. The second half, who knows. Another ugly game though in my opinion.

The Plays:

Under 173.5 -110 3 units
Det ML +220

Pretty good value on the ML in my estimation, hence the small stab.

I believe in Detroit ML and leand towards Under as well, but tonight the Under worries me a bit so I will play the ML only.
Hope you hit both!

Unda looks pretty solid...I think both teams come out TIGHT...limited possesions and solid D.

Celts will look to the BIG ticket to get him off early, they won't play into lookin to get Allen off like last game, Doc is going to KG and Paul and let Allen get his in the flow of the game

KG kept talkin about hanging his hat on the team D...."we win when we defend"...look for another ugly, grinding affair

GL BAW

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iVAXzkd326E&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iVAXzkd326E&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AImXNWjWcBU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AImXNWjWcBU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WLtwyOu_95Y&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WLtwyOu_95Y&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Detroit's starting 5 is the most talented but also the softest in the NBA...just have lacked that killer instinct since 2005 and have never gotten over it....

If Flip was smart he would go with 3 guard rotation the rest of the series...gotta keep stuckey in the game somehow...

I could go on and on..but don't feel like it.

Detroit's starting 5 is the most talented but also the softest in the NBA...just have lacked that killer instinct since 2005 and have never gotten over it....

If Flip was smart he would go with 3 guard rotation the rest of the series...gotta keep stuckey in the game somehow...

I could go on and on..but don't feel like it.

Tell us how you really feel. :shake:

RIP is definetely a pussy...I don't think he was even hit in the eye.

and they have to find some toughness on the front line..Sheed is a spot up three point shooter right now..

Perkins is dominating them in the Garden.

sheed just don't give a fuck. still has the bad attitude but now is too old to fuck anyone up. he's lazy on D. what a pussy.

You guys have to be kidding me on Sheed with no fire. He still plays great defense. Yes, he hung out on perimeter in Game 5 but has willingly went into post all playoffs long and been solid. He was gonna have a huge game in game 4 but these crooked fuckin refs called 30 fouls or so on Detroit. Shocking. Another postseason, another series with terrible officiating. Well, league wide. Thought this shit would end with the Donaghy shit but Stern is more powerful than the president

Moving on...had to post this article for Retburj just due to a certain reference..lol.

AUBURN HILLS -- It's too soon to tell whether Richard Hamilton will be able to play in tomorrow's Game 6 matchup against Boston. But if the game were tonight, Detroit Pistons coach Flip Saunders said his leading scorer wouldn't be able to play.
"It would be different if it was his left arm, but it's his right arm, his shooting arm, the golden arm" Saunders said. "I think he'll need to get it polished up a bit before he can play."

If Hamilton doesn't play, look for rookie Rodney Stuckey to be in the starting lineup and either Juan Dixon or Walter Herrmann, to be added to the active roster.
It's hard for me to imagine Hamilton not being able to play in a game of this magnitude. How effective he'll be, that's another story. But in this series, Detroit can find ways to manufacture his scoring from other places. More important is the Pistons defense, which looked downright silly at times in Game 5. Kendrick Perkins became the latest in a growing number of where-did-he-come-from? players (Daniel Gibson and Brian Scalabrine when he was in New Jersey, immediately come to mind) who had career performances against Detroit in the playoffs.
It'll be interesting to see what adjustments Detroit makes on him, and the rest of the Celtics.

I'll try and get a better RIP update this afternoon.

Kinda suprised they stuck the 5.5 out there.

Flip says Stuckey would start. Bad idea IMO. We need Afflalo out there for his defense on Ray to start the game.

my concern re: the refs & Stern is, with the Lakers already done & waiting, if Hamilton doesnt play then early & often called fouls against Wallace/Dice/Billups sets up much needed extra rest for the Celts before the finals.

Good point with a set finals starting date...

I cannot touch this game..espcially with an injury. I was leaning Celtics ML but I keep thinking of Det-Mia Game six in 2005.

No way B.A.R. - this is either Detroit or no play. Detroit will win this series 4 - 3 I believe and today there is a good chance for a close game, but if Sheed and Billups will show up, it will be one team show and they are the leaders of the team...

but if Sheed and Billups will show up

very bad signs on the Billups front

he took 4 games to warm up offensively this post season. After those games til he got injured, he shot an avg of 49.1% while totaling 21, 20, 19, 28 & 2 pt totals. Since then, he's shot an avg of 40.5% and totaled 9, 19, 6, 10 & 26 pt totals. The key thing is not only has he not been able to put together consecutive significant efforts (and w/either no Hamilton or a hampered Hamilton, his coming off a 26 pt game is not good news in this regard) but he's been unable to generate anything at home (underlined) - since Boston has scored more freely at home themselves, it makes sense then that Billups has gone better on the road. Where the Celts have struggled more offensively, their defense has stepped it up and held him down successfully.

Based on the stats, I'd not be playing any Billups props over, and if he doesn't contribute while Hamilton can't (through absense or hinderence), then Boston may look to be an easy play but they are 2-8 ATS their last 10 after all. For people to keep believing in them into the finals, how does it hurt the books to have Celts believers-slowly-turning-into-doubters win a rare one?

Moving on...had to post this article for Retburj just due to a certain reference..lol.

AUBURN HILLS --
Kendrick Perkins became the latest in a growing number of where-did-he-come-from? players (Daniel Gibson and Brian Scalabrine when he was in New Jersey, immediately come to mind) who had career performances against Detroit in the playoffs.

WORD....Fear The SCAL:smiley_acbe:

BAW you knew you can't keep BIG RED down...hasn't played a single minute but RED is still gettin the love
Glad to see u have come around on the Big Jimmy (Trojan) :tiphat:

I believe the difference is the coaching. Flip just sucks..plain and simple. KG knows this real well. Sheed has been good, when he is posting up. This is a different series if Sheed was playing his low post game instead of trying to be reggie miller. I just dont see Celtics winning 3 in a row.

Back