Injury/Player Updates

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
Millsap in Tonight, AK out tonight but should play tomorrow.

D. West questionable for next Monday, should play sometime next week. Tyson probably out until after the All-Star Break. Byron said he'd be "pleasantly surprised" if he returned before then.

Gallinari will be sitting the 2nd game of B2Bs until further notice

Brandon Wright out until after the AS Break, Belinelli out 1 to 2 more weeks.

Camby questionable for Sunday with his ankle sprain

Kevin Martin is expected to play tonight after missing yesterday nights game for his grandmothers funeral.

Jannero Pargo is the middle of discussions with Olympiacos and 3 NBA teams, two being the Lakers and Knicks. Should know his plans Sunday/Monday.

T-Mac is questionable for Sunday/Monday games. He said once he returns he wont be missing anymore time. We'll see how that goes...

D. West questionable for next Monday, should play sometime next week. Tyson probably out until after the All-Star Break. Byron said he'd be "pleasantly surprised" if he returned before then.

Kevin Martin is expected to play tonight after missing yesterday nights game for his grandmothers funeral.

Jannero Pargo is the middle of discussions with Olympiacos and 3 NBA teams, two being the Lakers and Knicks. Should know his plans Sunday/Monday.

T-Mac is questionable for Sunday/Monday games. He said once he returns he wont be missing anymore time. We'll see how that goes...

:36_11_6:

If you offered me 500 to 1 odds on him not missing another game this year I wouldn't bet it.

Roto World says AK plays tonight but not tomorrow. GL

just a typo, i had a double take on that too.

<!--[if !IE]> R 7eba1023e7a35d9df93153c763aa4e81 Sat Jan 24 15:00:37 2009 <![endif]--> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://deseretnews.com/media/js/dn-article.js"></script> Utah Jazz recall Fesenko for tonight's game against Cavaliers

Published: Saturday, Jan. 24, 2009 11:56 a.m. MST
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://deseretnews.com/js/library.js"></script>
bubble6.gif
7 comments
E-MAIL | PRINT | FONT + -

The Utah Jazz today recalled center Kyrylo Fesenko from the Utah Flash, their affiliate in the NBA Development League.
Fesenko's recall, coach Jerry Sloan said this morning, was promted by the team's injury situation.
Sixth-man forward Andrei Kirilenko does not plan to play to tonight when the Jazz face LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers at EnergySolutions Arena due to recurring pain in his inflamed right foot.
Also tonight, All-Star power forward Carlos Boozer (arthroscopic knee surgery) will miss a 32nd straight game.
Replacement starter Paul Millsap, however, does plan to play despite missing Friday's practice with soreness in his bruised right knee.
"Good to go," Millsap said after this morning's shoot around.
With Kirilenko out, Sloan said starting-small forward Ronnie Brewer will be the primary defender on Cavalier's All-Star James.

:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

From the city, love the Rockets, but not a fan of McBaby at all..!!!

Good thread renew. :shake:

As for McGrady, he's a pussy. I'll never forget that one year where he was out for a slate of games due to "personal" problems. I believe he was fighting with his GF or some dumb shit like that.

ok dude wtf

Andrei Kirilenko (inflamed ankle) will play on Saturday and is doubtful for Sunday.

Fortunately for the Jazz, Paul Millsap (sore knee) said after shootaround that he is "good to go" despite sitting out practice on Friday. Kirilenko's absence means Ronnie Brewer will defend LeBron James for most of the game -- don't expect Brewer to muster much offense. Jan. 24 - 2:22 pm et

it says he's in, then it says his absence will mean brewer guard lebron? huh?

ok dude wtf

Andrei Kirilenko (inflamed ankle) will play on Saturday and is doubtful for Sunday.

Fortunately for the Jazz, Paul Millsap (sore knee) said after shootaround that he is "good to go" despite sitting out practice on Friday. Kirilenko's absence means Ronnie Brewer will defend LeBron James for most of the game -- don't expect Brewer to muster much offense. Jan. 24 - 2:22 pm et

it says he's in, then it says his absence will mean brewer guard lebron? huh?

Id ignore rotoworld's headline and just read the articles. simple typo

Yeah I think they meant he's doubtful for saturday, will play on sunday. I think they got it reversed. It makes more sense that way.

Exact quote from AK

"It's not even close. I was trying to jog and it's not there yet," Kirilenko said. Asked about not being able to play against James, Kirilenko replied: "I want to play him. I like to play against him."

If you offered me 500 to 1 odds on him not missing another game this year I wouldn't bet it.

Tracy McGrady suffered what he called a "high ankle sprain" during Friday's practice and is a game-time decision for Saturday's matchup with the Warriors.

T-Mac says he doesn't think this will keep him out of the lineup for multiple games, but it's hard to take him at his word when it comes to injuries.

The amazing thing is he expects sympathy for playing very little and taking huge money from the team.

Granger expects to play Friday: The Indianapolis Star reports that Danny Granger expects to play Friday night against Miami after sitting out one game with a right knee injury. He announced the news to reporters following Friday's morning shoot around.
(Updated 01/30/2009).

obviously Granger is still not 100% ... he may not have an impact on tonights game.

West likely to return Friday: The New Orleans Times-Picayune is reporting that David West will start Friday's game against Golden State after missing the previous five games with back spasms. Unlike earlier in the week when he painted a bleak picture, West said that he felt fine Friday morning after going through Thursday's practice. "It feels good, I'll probably go tonight," said West.
(Updated 01/30/2009).

Back