Injury News/ Other developments/Plays

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
Well Redbearde hasn't checked in yet with his thread so I thought I'd start one.

Looking over the standings and thinking about the Philly/Indiana game has led me to believe the Sixers should have no interest in winning tonight. Right now they are tied with the Kings for the 8th worst record in the NBA. They have 6 games remaining and will most likely be the dog in all 6. They are only 1 game out of having the 5th worst record in the NBA. If they stumble down the stretch and pull off two victories they are likely to end up with the 12th worst record in the league. That would make a drastic difference in their draft pick. So after seeing all of this I thought I'd check out the injury front for Philly and see who was going to mysteriously be hurt today and tomorrow (@BOS).

Samuel Dalembert (left knee swelling), Andre Iguodala (lower back strain) and Rodney Carney (left knee sprain) all missed practice on Monday and are listed as day to day.

An MRI exam has shown that Kyle Korver, who will not play on Tuesday or Wednesday, has a small tendon tear in his right wrist.

Most of those guys have been fighting those ailments for awhile now, but have played thru them. I'm not going to be surprised at all if the Sixers decide that some of those injuries are a bit to much to deal with coming down the stretch.

That said I'm taking the Pacers -1.5 (-110).
Also for what it's worth I've played the Bulls at -13 (-110). This one could get ugly for sure.

Korver is 100% OUT. My educated guess is Carney will sit, too. Iguedola has been injured for a while now, but has played through injury. He SHOULD start, but this is the first time we've seen my on the report, so I dunno. Dalmerbert SHOULD start, too, but not sure of that.

GL

thanks Cake. good luck to us.

Wizards vs Nets.

While I think the Wizards have to win this, I'm not sure they will. At this point I think the Nets have the 6 seed in mind. They're 3 games back of the Wizards with 6 games left to play. They win tonight and they'll be 2 back with 5 to play. It's still a longshot, but the Nets do have the luxury of playing the Knicks twice while the Wizards only free game will be against the @ Atlanta and I'm not sure you can call any road game for the Wizards a free game. Either way I'm hoping for a Wizards half time lead to play the Nets. I really think the Nets get it done in this spot, but I'm not willing to lay 3 on the road with them. Their is one thing I will be playing in this game...

Under 204 (-110)
These guys scored 208 in regulation and 234 for the game. Both teams combined to hit 30 of 68 3's. Carter and Kidd bothed came up with triple doubles. This play all comes down to the fact that I don't expect Carter to get 46 (season high) Jamison 37 (season high), Jefferson 27 (season high) and Jarvis Hayes to get 29 (career high). All of these players pretty much played out their minds to get a total of 208 at regulation. With one or two coming back to earth this game should stay below the 200 mark.
Many trends, recent matchups and other past results are pointing towards an over here, but I'm throwing it out the window here with Butler and Arenas being out. And just for the record I HATE betting on any under with the Wizards, but I think the spot here is justified.

GL Satyr. Think it's a strong one.

Believe. I agree that one would think that AI and Dalmbert would play, but when you look at the standings I wouldn't be surprised if Cheeks went ahead and sat one of them or both of them. He has no reason to play them with the rest of the lottery teams intentionally tanking it. It'll be interesting either way. I like the Pacers with those guys in there, but I'm not going to be surprised if they are out.

Yeah, sorry....I was really pissed after getting that push last night in Seattle, and I'm taking the day off.

according to Donbest...

Iguodala is probable tuesday.
Korver is downgraded to expected to miss.

Calvin Booth is probable Tuesday. Good News for Jersey...heh...

Marbury is downgraded to expected to miss.
Any news on Stevie Francis?

Tyson Chandler is downgraded to doubtful. I would expect the clippers to be up for this one after shitting themselves all over the court against the Mavs...

Posey is questionable.
Shaq is expected to miss.
Dwayne Wade is probable.
Udonis Haslem is questionable.
Gary Payton is questionable.

Rudy Yag is questionable vs SacK.

Tim Thomas is Questionable....

Jermaine O'Neal is probable
Jeff Foster is upgraded to probable
Jamaal Tinsley is downgraded to expected to miss

Ben Wallace and Kirk Hinrich are expected to play vs New York

Othella Harrington is upgraded to Questionable
Adam Morrison is expected to miss
Jake Voshkuhl is expected to miss
Matt Carroll is downgraded to expected to miss
Derek Anderson is Questionable

Ryan Gomes and Kendrick Perkins are probable
Al Jefferson and Delonte West are downgraded to expected to miss
Paul Pierce is expected to miss
the usual 5 are all still out

Joe Johnson is out for the rest of the season
Josh Smith HAS BEEN SUSPENDED for the next two games
ZaZa Pachulia is doubtful for tonight
Salim Stoudamire is questionable
Childress and Speedy are out for the season

GL Satyr. Think it's a strong one.

Believe. I agree that one would think that AI and Dalmbert would play, but when you look at the standings I wouldn't be surprised if Cheeks went ahead and sat one of them or both of them. He has no reason to play them with the rest of the lottery teams intentionally tanking it. It'll be interesting either way. I like the Pacers with those guys in there, but I'm not going to be surprised if they are out.

I would tend to agree, especially with the Pacers still having a remote shot in hell at making the playoffs, but even including their last win at Charlotte...

Indiana is 3-7-2 ATS in its last 12 games on the road
Indiana is 1-11 SU in its last 12 games on the road

This is since mid February...they haven't done a damned thing on the road.

Also, Jamaal Tinsley is supposed to not play.......and as volatile and useless as he is occasionally, he's one guy who can create a shot for himself any time and from anywhere.

The Pacers are weak mentally right now. Not Jermaine, of course, but the TEAM can have one bad run and essentially quit the game...

I'm just too damned pessimistic to play today. GL my friend.

'an_horse'

I would tend to agree, especially with the Pacers still having a remote shot in hell at making the playoffs, but even including their last win at Charlotte...

Indiana is 3-7-2 ATS in its last 12 games on the road
Indiana is 1-11 SU in its last 12 games on the road

This is since mid February...they haven't done a damned thing on the road.

Also, Jamaal Tinsley is supposed to not play.......and as volatile and useless as he is occasionally, he's one guy who can create a shot for himself any time and from anywhere.

The Pacers are weak mentally right now. Not Jermaine, of course, but the TEAM can have one bad run and essentially quit the game...

I'm just too damned pessimistic to play today. GL my friend.

'an_horse'

Thanks Red. Enjoy the day off my friend. Those #'s look pretty similar to the #'s for the Magic before they went in and waxed the Bucks. I'm hoping for a similar result.

Also Francis will play tonight. He came back last game, but got tossed early after picking up two T's.

posey will play!

Yet another reason why I think Pat Riley is a douchebag. He suspends Posey and Walker for being two pounds overweight yet he won't suspend Posey 1 game for a DUI. Tony LaRussa school of coaching.

2-1 +.90 Units

Last edited:
Back