Injury / Line Question

Frank Costanza

Co-Inventor of the Man's Bra
Throwing this out for those on this site much smarter than me....Gabriel is in concussion protocol and next in line at OU QB looks to be a pretty significant drop off. I was surprised to see a line on the Texas / OU game today. Does that mean that Vegas:

- Likely thinks Gabriel will play Saturday or
- He's not all that and as such Gabriel's absence isn't all that to any line.

Thanks in advance.

The sheets that Mark Moneymaker posts has some power ratings, you could look at and compare

Last week Pointwise had Oklahoma 55 and Texas 54. That is before the TCU loss and before the QB injury. Winning Points had Oklahoma 53 and Texas at 45 (added coaching value to the raw PR). I did not add homefield in to any of course. Playbook had Oklahoma 120.5 and Texas 117.

Maybe that gives you some information on how the teams were viewed going into last week.

Have the same questions plus Ewers rumored to be playing again this week

Card played well this past weekend. My guess is that Sarkisian feels he can beat OU with him and isn't going to play Ewers, risking injury plus he's rusty while Card seems to be hitting his stride.

This would be a terrible, maybe worst in my existence, loss for Oklahoma given the tangibles

I don't expect it but it would be mildly entertaining

Maybe they just adjusted for how bad Oklahoma is.

I would actually consider it a mild upset if OU were to win this year but Horns also hate winning close games.

Maybe they just adjusted for how bad Oklahoma is.

I would actually consider it a mild upset if OU were to win this year but Horns also hate winning close games.
I don't think Venables knows if they're good or not

I'm on OU but if they lose it might be one and done for Brent

Before week 5 - OU -1'/2 or so

A 5/6 pt adjustment off poor performance vs Frogs / losing QB = Horns -4'/5 as an opener

Bettors seem to think that Ewers will play - DG probably won't, or it won't matter anyway.

Personally, would have been all over Texas as a dog here, or at P (with Card) - but now it's an OU lean for me.

Sarkisian's presser from yesterday....Asked about his QB situation and said "we're as healthy as we've been all season".

Feels like Ewers will go in the game based upon that comment. I'm indifferent as Card seems to have a hot hand, Ewers will be rusty and he's not going to be able to do much with his legs (Card can).

Will be really surprised if Gabriel plays given the increased focus on the head thing since Tua's situation.

We'll see.

The sheets that Mark Moneymaker posts has some power ratings, you could look at and compare

Last week Pointwise had Oklahoma 55 and Texas 54. That is before the TCU loss and before the QB injury. Winning Points had Oklahoma 53 and Texas at 45 (added coaching value to the raw PR). I did not add homefield in to any of course. Playbook had Oklahoma 120.5 and Texas 117.

Maybe that gives you some information on how the teams were viewed going into last week.

Pointwise downgraded OU to 52 (3 points worse) and bumped Texas by 1 point to 55 this week.

Back