ESPN, Handicapper Scores WEEK #6

Added the Bulldogs of MissState -20.5
I like this one. WMU lost by 41 to Cuse and 31 to Iowa. MSU off 3 straight SEC losses with bye on deck, and you know they need a solid W here to feel anything good at all about themselves heading in the second half of the season. MSU 11-2-1 ATS as fave of 20+. Makes sense - given their place in the SEC hierarchy, when they step down in class, they have to go out make it count. Feels like a get-right spot for a team that badly needs it and against an overmatched team that likely is okay with just taking the check and the whupping then heading back home to focus on MAC play.

Kanell picks games on the Cover 3 podcast, which I like a lot (not necessarily to tail picks - Bud Elliott is really good, Tom Fornelli is decent, Chip Patterson is fine and Kanell normally the worst of the 4, but having a good year so far this year). Their picks ep is 11 am on Thursdays on youtube, usually makes it's way to podcast form around 2 pm. I wouldn't straight tail anyone's picks, really (doubt you would either, bank) but discussion, interplay and chemistry on this podcast makes it a solid listen imho.

I can’t even bring myself to tail the BTB guys who like never lose the one play they give out! Lol. There a few ppl around here I will put something they suggest on my leans but It still has to make it past my rigorous coin flipping process to become a play!

That’s cool tho, I’m always looking for decent podcast to listen to as there really not a lot of ppl I can stand, at the moment I really only have 3 for ncaa fb, the “BTB” guys, Joel Klatt, and Greg McElroy are pretty much it for me, there a show or 2 on sirus college sports radio that not bad, Rick Nuehisel Is pretty good on one of those!! so I’ll check it out, thanks bro,

For nfl I really have nothing but the BTB guys, I can’t stand the clowns in RJ bell crew or RJ bell himself, bunch of tout loser fucks, the one dude living off his rep of winning the vegas contest 2 years in a row 30 years ago (when they prob had like 25 entries, lol, joking bout that) can’t stand listening to him talk bout each players point value to the game, that shit is so silly to me, football don’t work that way!!

I am super excited I might have just found some new nfl content, I havnt got around to listening to any the shows yet but I absolutely love Greg Cosell, I record that turd Collin cowherd show just cause I want to listen to Coselll’s 20 min segment on Thursday! Never even occurred to me to search him on my podcast and sure enough he has several and they look like some serious in depth diving into it shit so I’m excited to check those out, i just don’t spend a ton of time on nfl.

I never been able to find Jack shit for baseball I can stand, the only pod in my saved list for mlb is RotoGrinders who ain’t bad even tho the more geared to fantasy baseball which I don’t really play they do come with lot of good info you can use for props/helping with games., so if you got any you like for mlb im all ears!!!

Thanks again.

I like this one. WMU lost by 41 to Cuse and 31 to Iowa. MSU off 3 straight SEC losses with bye on deck, and you know they need a solid W here to feel anything good at all about themselves heading in the second half of the season. MSU 11-2-1 ATS as fave of 20+. Makes sense - given their place in the SEC hierarchy, when they step down in class, they have to go out make it count. Feels like a get-right spot for a team that badly needs it and against an overmatched team that likely is okay with just taking the check and the whupping then heading back home to focus on MAC play.

Man, you guys make sense w this but i been so used to bashing and fading mississippi st the idea of laying 20 w them makes my head spin! They did smash SE Louisiana in their opener (whoever that is?). It just such a abomination to me what this staff did to this team after Leech passing, he gotta be turning in his grave! To me they basically the equivalent of a triple option team who hires a coach to change into a modern offense, except in this case they want to replace the innovative offense and go backwards! Lol. they don’t have the right guys to run what they want! I’d think they still have athletes on the defensive side even tho that hasn’t looked very good either, I see cuse and iowa held wmu to virtually nothing, I can’t compare msu to iowa d but I’d think they have as much talent as cuse d, just not sure they being coached as well. I’m probably thinking bout it to much, what ya’ll saying makes sense and they prob should be out for blood against a physically overmatched team before they get whipped some more by sec teams! I feel so bad for that qb Rodgers, I think leech had him on track to get drafted and have a nice career as a nfl clipboard holder but now I dunno if he get that chance since this coaching staff has basically killed his momentum running this crappy offense!! I do see he threw for almost 500 on scary!! Wonder what happened there? Lol

With @TahoeLegend permission

I will start the thread since I have listned to Bet the Board podcast and have it ready for this week.

Season 4-1. Last week was loser with TCU

KY @ Georgia -14.5/49:
GA has won 13 straight vs Ky and 6 straight games by 10+ points while keeping KY to 17 or fewer points in those 6 games. KY seeking 3rd 5-0 start in history with last being 2021. KY has not played away game yet. GA has trailed by double digits in last 2 SEC games for first time since 2016. GA is pitching a ZERO ATS this season. KY has scored at 28+ points in five straight games and they have 4 non-offensive TDs tied for most in FBS.

Payne: O coordinator (Liam Cohen) has improved KY offense. They ran straight up middle agst Florida and beat them there. The GA defense is not as good as 2021 GA defense. KY offense has lived on the explosive plays this year and not down to down efficiency. They have 16 plays of 30+ yards and are Top 25 in explosive plays but are outside the top 80 in down to down success. KY running up the middle won’t work this week. Passing game with Leary “has lacked rhythm and he’s been inaccurate on 35% of his throws.” He likes KY receivers and “thinks positive regression is coming” but he still named 2 receivers with 24% and 17% drops respectively. “If you watched KY and GA last week, you tell yourself KY should be able to run ball here and maybe they find success b/c of Ray Davis who managed 8.3 yds per attempt after first contact last week. Then, you see Auburn’s QB Thorne running on GA last week. But, digging into numbers, GA allowed only 1.3 yds per rush until first contact on traditional running back runs and this week Leary is not a threat to run in KY’s pro style run game.” GA is 9th in country in tackling, so the yds after contact should diminish for KY. KY O line has performed better than expected but no starter has an average run blocking rate above replacement level. If GA can stop KY’s run game they should be able to put pressure on KY offense which is outside top 120 in avg 3rd down and distance to go. KY has played a schedule outside the top 90 and Payne thinks GA can have success on defense. “The price stands out.” The books are “begging for KY money here.”

Powers: He still has GA power graded #1, but has downgraded them 5 points since start of season. In their 2 SEC games GA had big time struggles, they have been flat and beaten at line of scrimmage. Upgraded KY a couple of points due to last week, but before that “I was not particularly impressed. They had a fortunate cover agst Ball State, struggled mightily against Akron, Vanderbilt a phony final score due to 2 defensive TDs.” On Saturday night “I have a sneaky suspicion I might be back to where I was before the Florida game.” GA’s final 4 possessions last week agst Auburn yielded 17 pts and 2 kneel downs. “I don’t think Carson Beck has necessarily been the issue for the GA offense”, he’s top 20 QB with good numbers. Brock Bowers is a generational TE and a Heisman contender, McConkey’s return with 4 catches will help move the chains – a key return for GA. The O line for GA is the main concern with only 4.4 yds per run, lowest in a decade, with few explosives. GA O line have not played up to expectations. KY D front has some good players, top 10 agst rush and they have 2 pick sixes. But KY D has also given up explosives and they are #85 in country on third down success rate.

Notre Dame @ Louisville +6.5/54:
The first meeting btw the schools as both ranked schools. Ville sold out for game and 1st time since they last played each other in Ville in 2019. Ville 5-0 for first time since Bridgwater in 2013. Ville sinking 8th straight home win and they have not done that since winning 9 in 2015-16. ND has won 30 straight agst ACC teams, last loss in 2017 at #7 Miami. ND has covered 10 straight ATS and won 15 consecutive ACC road games and all by 10+ points, last week agst Duke being the exception. But, ND’s schedule this year has done them no favors with last 2 games being decided in last 30 seconds, now at Louisville with USC on deck. Week zero were in Ireland.

Powers: ND’s schedule is one of the factors in this game. The snap counts for key players are a concern after the last 2 games. ”This schedule is unacceptable and will catch up with them this week or next, I think it will be next. They have scheduled themselves out of the playoffs.” Powers thinks ACC officiating is an issue. ND’s biggest concern is wide receiver and are missing 4 of 5 starters from the opener…he thought this was a dire situation in Duke game but they have 2 starters back – Greathouse & Thomas. He loves ND TE Mitchell Evans. Powers is not impressed with Ville’s wins and schedule “seriously question their SOS.” NCSt held Ville to like 20 rushing yds and ND handled NCSt handily. Plummer, Ville’s QB, is facing ND 3rd straight year in 3rd different uniforms. Ville does have explosive capability with an inconsistent offense. Ville will not move the ball methodically against ND defense. Powers worried about ND being tired based on schedule.

OU vs Texas -6.5/60.5.
119th meeting and 1st time both teams are undefeated since 2011. Texas won 49-0 last year. Texas had a 300 yd passer, 200 yard runner and 100 yard receiver last week for 2nd time in school history. OU had 40 pts in 1H agst Iowa State and Gabriel has a 75% completion rate with 19 TDs and only 2 ints on the season.

Payne: I think OU is struggling to be multi-dimensional on O. Their run offense is “wildly below avg.” The passing game is better than both Washington and USC in the first 5 weeks, after the opponents are factored in. The O line is outside top 100 in offensive line yards created. Texas is TOP 15 in defensive line yards. “A mismatch there.” Payne thinks that maybe OU can present challenges with (1) pace - Texas prior opponents outside top 100 in pace, and (2) explosive plays. Texas is outside top 70 in explosive pass plays allowed. This is also a step up in class for Texas on QB they’re facing. Texas been facing 2nd stringers, including last week. Payne asks: Can OU take advantage?

Texas 5 straight games 30+ points first time since 2019-2020. Texas offense is bad in 3rd and short, 0-3 yds, tied for 2nd worse in nation. Ewers is good with no turnovers but had 1 last week. TE Sanders health is a concern – he went out last week. Status is day to day. Powers thinks he’s worth ½ a point. The run game with Brooks is looking better. Run blocking avg is only ranked #69 in nation and O rushing success #83. Sanders went out and then Mitchell the wide receiver became featured. Texas was dominating, more than score indicated, in their win agst Kansas. Concern for Texas is special teams, 2 subpar games in a row with fumbles on returns and 5 missed kicks already this season. OU D is much improved this year. The LB Stutsman and OU’s Payton Bowman look good, but in watching film he did not see OU D dominating – even against Iowa State.

Powers hesitant to declare OU’s defense capable of handling Texas’ offense but he has concerns re Texas on 3rd down, O line on rushing plays and special teams.

MD vs Ohio State -20/58:
OSU won all 8 meetings btw these two teams, avg 5 TD wins and 43+ in all of those games. MD 5-0 first time since 2001 and won each by 15+ points. Only 5-0 FBS not ranked, they are +9 in turnover margin 2nd in country. But concerns about MD opponents and their SOS to this point in the year. OSU has played best coming off a bye with an avg of 41 points in victories and going over the total with Ryan Day.

Powers: MD’s prior opponents’ Ds have been weak. Powers thinks the OSU D will be more than MD can handle. MD O does have skill at perimeter. “This is OSU’s best D since 2019. I can safely say that.” He lists almost entire Buckeye Defense as standing out except for the D line which was pushed around by ND. But MD probably not the team to do it this week.

Payne: “Buckeyes can turn out 7-8 yds per carry” and this is a step up for MD against OSU which has had 2 weeks to prepare. MD stuff rate is only 30% and their D is outside top 90 in D line yds allowed and outside top 100 in D rush rate allowed and stuff rate. All signs point to Buckeyes running well and for OSU to have success in the red zone – this helps McCord throw with play-action and he will get TDs and explosives. “This specific game there are match ups that lead to OSU having offensive success.”

Col State vs Utah State +2/63.5
Powers is taking OVER 63.5.
Tempo – Col State is #12 and Utah State #7. The totals market has not grasped the Utah State totals and Utah State’s last 4 games gone over OVER by avg of 26 pts per game while playing slow tempo teams. Now they play fast tempo team. Utah State lost their good defensive players in the transfer portal. Col State has a lot of weapons and the total line should be in the high 60s. (I see 65 now).

WAZZU vs UCLA -3.5/59 at the Rose Bowl.
First meeting since 2019 when UCLA won in Pullman 67-63. First Wazzu visit to UCLA since 2015 and they are seeking first 5-0 start since 2017. WAZZU have won 3 straight on the road, but have not won 4 straight on road since 2002. UCLA has lost 3 straight and 7 of last 9 against ranked PAC 12 teams. Cam Ward is #10 in completion %, 3rd in yds per game and 8th in passing efficiency. UCLA D has great accounting stats but they have faced no real offenses thus far.

Payne: “Very early 2 way action this week. Taking 4 with Wazzu and laying 3 with UCLA.” The question is: “What is the real UCLA defense? They have really played nobody on offense.” Bruins allowed 50% passing success rate first 3 qtrs against Coastal Carolina. Payne thinks UCLA is going to try to get WAZZU to run but WAZZU will be efficient with the pass. UCLA has questions re their defensive backfield. But, he thinks UCLA can draw a stalemate on D and has advantages on the other side of the ball.

Powers: “Certainly this match up leads to more success for UCLA on the offensive side of things.” UCLA RBs split time and do well. WR good and O line good, but questions re UCLA pass blocking. “Of all the units we will talk about in this podcast, the least impressive one to me is Wazzu’s Defense…#85 yds per play and not in top 75 in yds allowed per game.” Tackling been an issue for WAZZU. “Certainly, there’s a pathway for UCLA offense to have success.” (UCLA has had 2 weeks to prepare).

BAMA vs A&M +2/46.5
Powers downgraded Bama’s power rating 3.5 since start of season. A&M is flat on their power rating for the season. A&M D looked bad agst Miami but looked good agst Auburn and Arkansas. Bama is top 3 in Power 5 teams in running %. 65% of plays are runs and avging 32 points per game, fewest for Bama since 2009. Passing yds of 195 yds per game, fewest since 2017 when they ran for 250 yds per game. “Bama has to get explosives in order to win this game.” Bama wide receivers are a far cry from what they have had in recent past. Powers does not like Bama O line and “you could argue the Bama O line is the biggest disappointment in college football this year.” The run game is what they rely upon, but they avg only 168 yds per game and 4.1 per carry, second fewest since Saban’s first year. The Bama O line cannot pass protect, 18 sacks in last 4 games and #122 in country in sacks allowed, allowing tackles for loss, #89 in EPA on early downs. This Bama offense is “eww….their only path for success is hitting pass for explosives.” A&M defense line is playing up to their predicted success. But, I cannot get Miami out of my mind. Concludes: “The trend line for A&M has been really good and I have still not seen Bama offense put 60 minutes together.”

Payne: “This game comes down to which team can protect and have success on early downs.” Jimbo believes O line improving. Payne questions that and also says QB Johnson is holding onto ball too long. Metrically Bama defense has not been dominate but look to be getting closer and are improving with pressure and sacks. He points to Ole Miss game as good D performance. A&M has been poor on early downs - outside the top 75. Maybe Bama can pressure when A&M is in passing situations? Bama LB Lawson may miss this week again and his replacement cannot cover like Lawson. “I don’t see A&M having a ton of sustained success. Early downs will decide this game.” “A&M getting the money from the open at +4 on down to current number.” Payne asks Powers: When is Bama going be a value? Powers says even at current -1.5 -2, “Bama is not there yet. Maybe at ‘pick’ Bama presents value.” Payne gives numbers on Milroe and explosive play potential – “22% of his throws are 20+ yards with a 148 passer rating, he’s 11 for 17 and 4 of the incompletions were drops. He has been amazing going deep. Makes me nervous taking A&M.”

Best Bet
= UNDER 48.5 KY vs GA. I am seeing 47. They made it a point to say that 48 is a key number.
Thanks for doing this write-up.

I like the BTB podcast but it's long and I don't always have the time to listen. These cliffs notes are super helpful.

You said it much better than I could, seriously. But, that was essentially my thinking. I was just looking thru all the games (other than the 'marquee' contests) and this one jumped out at me.

@M.W. I dunno how some these Assholes get these jobs, keep them, then after they finally get fired get recycled to another program to ruin!?!??! Well I have a pretty good idea but I won’t get into the redic good ol boy network way of doing things!! That what I love bout Deon Sanders, it ain’t the flash, the ego, I mean I find him funny but what I like and what they hate is he upsetting the natural order of the way things always been done, the shit I can’t stand! It scares all these assjoles with Jobs they didn’t really earn cause of their abilities, damn sure don’t deserve to keep, surely shouldn’t keep getting more chances after proving to be incompetent! Now the ppl w all the power seeing there might just be a better way than hiring some prick who had every advantage, knew the right ppl and sucked them all off, but don’t have a ounce of actual freaking talent! The faster we can get rid of these dudes w no imagination, no creativity, no balls, the faster we can stop seeing awful football from places that could be better!!

Great job in here guys!
However, if there are handicappers who continue to lose, kick them to the curb, why give them looks? Follow people who win consistently. I'm seeing records of below .500 by 4 games, 6 games, maybe they deserve another week or two, but no way would I even stop to look at write ups.

Great job in here guys!
However, if there are handicappers who continue to lose, kick them to the curb, why give them looks? Follow people who win consistently. I'm seeing records of below .500 by 4 games, 6 games, maybe they deserve another week or two, but no way would I even stop to look at write ups.
I'm much more a fader than a follower, love the consistent losers.

SVP Winners drop yet? Can't find them online anywhere...
Don't know why, but they weren't on Sports Center last night. SVP wasn't on either. He's been at the Gameday site all year I think, so I guess he's in Dallas.

ESPN seems to be drawing back from any news about gambling this year. McElroy doesn't even pick games anymore and Daily Wager is almost all NFL now. I'm guessing they are getting a lot of pressure from colleges that have had players suspended for gambling so decided to drop most college gambling picks.

western is horrible - and they just crushed ball state - a week after ball put up like 100 total yards against georgia southern...makes me think ball state is the first team to fold in 23..

@M.W. I dunno how some these Assholes get these jobs, keep them, then after they finally get fired get recycled to another program to ruin!?!??! Well I have a pretty good idea but I won’t get into the redic good ol boy network way of doing things!! That what I love bout Deon Sanders, it ain’t the flash, the ego, I mean I find him funny but what I like and what they hate is he upsetting the natural order of the way things always been done, the shit I can’t stand! It scares all these assjoles with Jobs they didn’t really earn cause of their abilities, damn sure don’t deserve to keep, surely shouldn’t keep getting more chances after proving to be incompetent! Now the ppl w all the power seeing there might just be a better way than hiring some prick who had every advantage, knew the right ppl and sucked them all off, but don’t have a ounce of actual freaking talent! The faster we can get rid of these dudes w no imagination, no creativity, no balls, the faster we can stop seeing awful football from places that could be better!!
A lot of those guys were my neighbors and friends when I was a kid. Whom do you have in mind, exactly?

A lot of those guys were my neighbors and friends when I was a kid. Whom do you have in mind, exactly?
There’s something to what you’re saying, but it’s nothing compared to how things work in the real power centers in NY. DC, and Hollywood. Unlike those networks, there’s a limiting factor in football coaching. You really need to have played the sport.

A lot of the crappy coaches who keep getting jobs and never figuring out how to call plays or create a game plan that works are friends of yours? I mean I guess I could write a list of the ones who shoulda been fired or not hired but I don’t wanna offend anyone. I just like the idea of ppl who have talent getting chances instead of having joined the right fraternity or however some these guys keep jobs. Hell there nfl coaches I can’t figure out for life of me why they have a job. Just think it might just work out to expand the search outside of what’s comfy.

I am not interested in the least. There are 50+ other games to bet on.

Yea I have no desire to play that game. Under makes total sense to me but it kinda late to play it now. Aggies havnt done anything or beaten anyone that makes me trust them to beat bama. I dunno where the points come for either side really.

@bones , what you think of the “non-powers 5” play? I thought he made a fantastic case and will prob jump on that! I can’t do it totally blind but then again last time I looked into his play I got info that talked me into passing on a winner! Maybe I should swallow my pride and just play it! Lol. Not like I don’t have plenty of work to do between catching up on this and freaking mlv playoffs!
Powers' play is now down to "62" on the ColSt/UtahSt total. So some bettors put $$ on opposite of Powers.

Powers play is now down to "62" on ColSt/UtahSt total. So some bettors put $$ on opposite of Powers.

Interesting. Think I recall him saying utah st could be on 2nd string qb but he didn’t mind, maybe that effecting some action? I havnt looked at it, still doing all my crap. Who knows if I’ll actually end up on it? I never really blindly tail anyone, I dunno if I’ll get around to capping it or not? Lol

add: KY/Georgia UNDER 48 -125. My concern is GA gets 38 themselves. KY is not going to move the ball on these men

Yea I would play uk team total under before game. I used to bet those on Uga opponents all the time. You would think Uga doesn’t give up anything on ground, very possible Finley could get picked for points more than once

Clemson has beaten Notre Dame twice since 2017.

Notre Dame has won 11 straight against ACC teams, not 30, with the streak beginning against FSU in the 2021 opener.
I went back and listened and Fuhrman did say "30 straight regular season games against ACC teams. Last lost 2017 at #7 Miami." It's around 19:15 in podcast. I corrected it.

ND did beat Clemson in 2020 regular season and lost to them in 2020 ACC Champioship game...so I guess therein lies the discrepancy?

Cowherd's Blazing 5

Pittsburgh +4x 24-23
New Orleans -1 24-20
Indianapolis +2x 27-21
Philadelphia -4x 27-21
Cincinnati -3x 27-20

He def making better plays than his was early.

I like Steelers, it really doesn’t matter how either these teams playing anytime you can get over a fg you take it cause damn near all their games decided by 3 or less!!

IF Carr is healthy I like saints but man how they put him out there a week after sprained ac joint or whatever I heard he had? He clearly wasn’t right, dunno how we know if he is now gonna be right?

No clue on titans/colts, tits usually own this but that was before Richardson or this coach got to Indy.

I don’t like Philly at all, rams getting +4 or nothing for me.

Cincy has to easily be the squarest play of the week! Every jerkoff is gonna be on them. Not saying I disagree, I sure couldn’t bet zona but that line is begging for us all to ba k burrow and co!

Sidekick's weekly best bet
Last Week 1-0
Season 3-2
Week 6: UCLA 1H
(be a sleepy game with no fans present. UCLA has 7th ranked havoc rate and 2 weeks rest)

I listened to this segment.

So UCLA's empty stadium helps the home team and not the away team? Isn't this the exact opposite of how home field advantage works?

UCLA could very well win the first half 35-0 but Schwartz seems to really be throwing shit against the wall.

And I think Fallica picks UCLA all the time because of his self proclaimed relationship with Chip.

The new podcast w/o Stanford Steve is terribly disappointing. Schwartz brings nothing.

I listened to this segment.

So UCLA's empty stadium helps the home team and not the away team? Isn't this the exact opposite of how home field advantage works?

UCLA could very well win the first half 35-0 but Schwartz seems to really be throwing shit against the wall.

And I think Fallica picks UCLA all the time because of his self proclaimed relationship with Chip.

The new podcast w/o Stanford Steve is terribly disappointing. Schwartz brings nothing.
That's being nice to Schwartz....I said it a few weeks ago, I have a difficult time listening to the thing each week and I skip over the group discussion

Yea I have no desire to play that game. Under makes total sense to me but it kinda late to play it now. Aggies havnt done anything or beaten anyone that makes me trust them to beat bama. I dunno where the points come for either side really.
I agree. It’s a coin flip game pretty much, but every talking head is acting like Alabama has no chance. I guess everyone is trying to pile on while we look vulnerable, but agree that there are dozens of better games to bet on

I agree. It’s a coin flip game pretty much, but every talking head is acting like Alabama has no chance. I guess everyone is trying to pile on while we look vulnerable, but agree that there are dozens of better games to bet on
Crazy to me that early betting has Bama 64/36 on wagers, I haven't heard on person betting on them

Bad game to bet in general

I had no problem betting ya’ll vs ol miss while everyone was loving the points. The thing is they all want to be part of “bama demise” and feel smart that they willing to ignore all the obvious worts on these other teams!!! I get it, bama isn’t the team they been but they still way better coached, have at least as much talent, and I trust them to win games. There is nothing am has done since jimbo got there that makes me willing to risk my money betting them vs bama! If you gave me a Hundo and said I had to bet one these teams I’d bet bama every time.

I had no problem betting ya’ll vs ol miss while everyone was loving the points. The thing is they all want to be part of “bama demise” and feel smart that they willing to ignore all the obvious worts on these other teams!!! I get it, bama isn’t the team they been but they still way better coached, have at least as much talent, and I trust them to win games. There is nothing am has done since jimbo got there that makes me willing to risk my money betting them vs bama! If you gave me a Hundo and said I had to bet one these teams I’d bet bama every time.
We could certainly lose. I just find it funny that these pundits keep using words like "can't" and "never" when describing some aspects of Alabama's team. My guess is that they watched the Texas game, and looked at the stat sheets for the other games, and also assume Milroe is the same guy he was when making his first start against the Ags last year. And as bad as those fumbles were in that game, I believe Milroe is the only QB to have 3 TD passes in a game against them last season

Like what is it they they see in Aggies? Just like the ol miss game I thought they were ignoring the fact bama d could control that game as Rebs had not gotten their offense working right as of yet. How the hell they see Aggies scoring points? I sure can’t find them!

I went back and listened and Fuhrman did say "30 straight regular season games against ACC teams. Last lost 2017 at #7 Miami." It's around 19:15 in podcast. I corrected it.

ND did beat Clemson in 2020 regular season and lost to them in 2020 ACC Championship game...so I guess therein lies the discrepancy?
Right, it's 30 straight in the regular season. Meanwhile, they lost to Clemson in the ACCCG in 2020 and lost to Clemson in the first round of the playoffs in 2018.

Last edited:
Added some picks from Stanford Steve:
Oklahoma +5x
Okla/Texas o 61
Mizzou +5x
Georgia -14x

Says he leans aTm, but thinks it’s the hardest game of the week to handicap. Is tempted to take the points with Ga Tech (Miami Fla) and Arizona (USC) just because both the favorites have big games next week

Last edited:
Right, it's 28 straight in the regular season. Meanwhile, they lost to Clemson in the ACCCG in 2020 and lost to Clemson in the first round of the playoffs in 2018.

Speaking of clemson ya’ll are gonna beat the living hell out of wake right? I don’t like super trust the offense still but I just watch wake and that kid they have playing qb is awful! Gtech horrid d mostly shut him down, of course being Gtech late in the game they let him compete some those awful passes he just throws up for grabs. I don’t see how wake scores more than maybe one flukey td if ys’ll focused.

Speaking of clemson ya’ll are gonna beat the living hell out of wake right? I don’t like super trust the offense still but I just watch wake and that kid they have playing qb is awful! Gtech horrid d mostly shut him down, of course being Gtech late in the game they let him compete some those awful passes he just throws up for grabs. I don’t see how wake scores more than maybe one flukey td if ys’ll focused.
I have a big bet on Clemson -19.5. Better bet would be 1H -11. One concern: After placing the bet, I checked Clawson's teams' performance off an open date. The tend to score huge numbers of points.

Added Joe Foretenbaugh picks:
Nebraska +3
Georgia/Kentucky o 47x

Added another Stanford Steve pick:
Michigan -18x

stanford steve in the Friday Invitational @ VSIN

He's 12-16 BB 2-2
Kansas +2.5
Dmers -6.5
jorjatek +20
Iowa St +6
zona +21
ucla -3
BB Maryland O57

I have a big bet on Clemson -19.5. Better bet would be 1H -11. One concern: After placing the bet, I checked Clawson's teams' performance off an open date. The tend to score huge numbers of points.

Im assuming those were with Hartman at qb? Or I dunno who was before him (he was there a long time! Lol). Hartman is awesome and somehow ran that goofy long slow mesh to perfection. This kid Griffis they have playing qb is not Hartman, he isn’t freaking Phil Hartman! He is freaking terrible, amd I watched him against a gtech defense everyone looks good against, especially in the 2nd half of games! This kid was 16-30 for 160 and 3 picks against that crappy d!! Couldn’t even guess how many times he was sacked (felt like a lot!), and seriously his numbers wernt even close to that good until a late drive or 2 where he just launched ball up in air and somehow his wrs caught it over tech defenders! It was very ugly, one the worst qb performances I’ve seen from a strictly passing/arm talent/things he did, I guess it would go Nebraska’s now backup turnover machine simms then this kid, but at least simms brought something. If wake scores 2 offensive tds I’ll think something went very wrong with tigers d!! I actually think clemson d will outscore wake offense!

Im assuming those were with Hartman at qb? Or I dunno who was before him (he was there a long time! Lol). Hartman is awesome and somehow ran that goofy long slow mesh to perfection. This kid Griffis they have playing qb is not Hartman, he isn’t freaking Phil Hartman! He is freaking terrible, amd I watched him against a gtech defense everyone looks good against, especially in the 2nd half of games! This kid was 16-30 for 160 and 3 picks against that crappy d!! Couldn’t even guess how many times he was sacked (felt like a lot!), and seriously his numbers wernt even close to that good until a late drive or 2 where he just launched ball up in air and somehow his wrs caught it over tech defenders! It was very ugly, one the worst qb performances I’ve seen from a strictly passing/arm talent/things he did, I guess it would go Nebraska’s now backup turnover machine simms then this kid, but at least simms brought something. If wake scores 2 offensive tds I’ll think something went very wrong with tigers d!! I actually think clemson d will outscore wake offense!
82% on Clemson

Either Wake or run fast

2019-2022, QB was either Newman or Hartman. Scored 59, 44, 66, 40, 53, 70, 43 in those games. Lost two of them!

Back