How bad are the Nets?

Dollaz

Pretty much a regular
As a Zards fan, I'm shocked they are favored by 5.5 over anyone in the association. This team is without Hibachi and the guy that made the most improvement on the team last year, Heyward. He's not great, but at least he's a presence down low. Etan Thomas is awful. He looks tough, I guess that's what gets him in the lineup. Jamison is also hurting, but should play.

The point guards are Daniels, Dixon, and Brown. It doesn't get much worse than that.

The shooting guards are Stevenson, Young, and McGuire/Butler sometimes slide over. Young does have the potential to score, but does nothing else adequately and isnt even a great scorer yet. Stevenson has a handful of hot shooting games.

Butler is great. Mcguire only gets offensive rebounds and my offensive game is more polished than his.

Jamison is a no defending shot jacker that is injured. Songalia......is there a worse PF not named Kwame Brown? Oh yeah, there is, Olaoijdfchey Pecherov.

Etan Thomas down low is awful.

The only hope with this team is Blatche and McGee are both very long, raw, and talented. McGee looked excellent this preseason and showed a tremendously well rounded game, but Jordan will play him 10 minutes tonight if that, and he won't make a difference.

Granted they are in the east, but this is not a good team. The only chance they have is if Arenas and Heyward get healthy and Blatche and McGee reach their potential.

I know the Nets are bad, but are they that bad?

Didn't even mention the loss of Roger Mason, which will really hurt this team.

Ughhh.

This game is kinda an unknown in my book in all honesty.

I do see where your coming from though.

The Wizards team isn't a whole lot different than the one that was a 3 point fav last year against Jersey and won by 15. That Nets team had JKidd and Jefferson as well so the line seems about right. The only difference between that Wiz team and this years version is the loss of Mason and Haywood. They played a combined 42 minutes in that game and had 19 points, 5 boards, and 0 blocks. Pretty sure that Blatche/Thomas can match that production. With two days off following this game I'm sure you'll see Butler and Jamison playing 40+ minutes each.

Know a couple of guys that I respect that really like the Nets tonight so I won't be involved either way, just trying to put some reasoning behind the line.

The Wizards team isn't a whole lot different than the one that was a 3 point fav last year against Jersey and won by 15. That Nets team had JKidd and Jefferson as well so the line seems about right. The only difference between that Wiz team and this years version is the loss of Mason and Haywood. They played a combined 42 minutes in that game and had 19 points, 5 boards, and 0 blocks. Pretty sure that Blatche/Thomas can match that production. With two days off following this game I'm sure you'll see Butler and Jamison playing 40+ minutes each.

Know a couple of guys that I respect that really like the Nets tonight so I won't be involved either way, just trying to put some reasoning behind the line.

Ok, I understand that and good points. Though, this minimizes the impact of Heyward who played as one of the best centers in the east last year, especially defensively. Though, I don't think the Nets have a lot of guys down low or guys that will attack the basket. The line may be right, but I'm surprised that the Wizards are that big of a favorite. This is Eddie Jordan's last year in Wash, imo.

Maybe the spots that the Wizards will really be in trouble are big teams that take it to the hole. Cause Etan is not a viable center, imo. He does hustle though and his hair flies everywhere.

The guys that have improved the most are Blache and Young, but EJ likes to play the vets. I honestly believe that McGee should be starting at center, but like I said, EJ likes to play the vets.

Agree that Etan is horrible. I was just pointing out that he didn't do anything last year and they still managed a comfortable win. Against teams with real centers he'll be a gigantic liability. Josh Boone isn't going to light him up for 30 tonight though.

I haven't actually watched either team play this year so I'm honestly clueless about what will happen tonight. BOL if you decided to play the Nets.

While I am clueless in general about the NBA at the moment because I read but a few paragraphs of research . No fantasy NBA leagues so not aware of player movement either . So take it FWIW-

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...008-10-28_vince_carter_gives_nets_a_shot.html

The NETS are BAD !! How bad ? Probably have alot less talent then the Knicks but probably a few key better players (Vince and Harris).

The Nets will be looking to stay competitive despite a more youthful group than they’ve had in years.

New Jersey has only seven holdovers from last season’s team, the first Nets squad to miss the postseason in seven years.

Other than Carter and Harris (14.8 ppg), the next-highest returning scorer, Josh Boone, averaged just 8.2 points last season.

Looks like its going to be hard to figure out what types minutes players are going to recieve.

PG - Harris / Dooling
SG- Carter / Jarvis Hayes (ex Wiz) / Douglas Roberts
SF- Yi / Bobby Simmons
PF- Sean Williams / Ryan Anderson
C- Josh Boone (possibly limted out 10 days)/ Brook Lopez

Preseason road games :
@Paris vs Miami 91 up when it went to OT( NJ wins 100-98)
@London vs Miami win 94-92

@ Boston : L83-66 -
“We got just killed on the boards tonight,” Nets guard Devin Harris said. “It’s a lot of small things, small details that you see the Celtics do. I think they’ve got four or five guys with 10 years in the league. We’ve got four or five guys with maybe two.” (Bos outrebounds them 56-29 , KG played sparingly 1st and 3rd Qs)

Now VC DNP , Boone DNP , Celts big 3 went bewteen 16 to 20 minutes , Pruitt played 44 minutes , Rondo and Cassell DNP)
Boston was basically +20 with its starting 5 with VC out and Rondo out

Which in NJ 1st game back from Europe they hosted Boston and lost at home 111-108 but the Celts big Three all DNP as well as Cassell.

NJ at home also hosted NYK and was basically waxed despite only an 8 or so point loss as they won the 4th Q easily and cut the lead in half . They lost each quarter 1 to 3.

Then NJ after that hosted Philly who hit 14 treys after 0-9 the previous game , Sixers won 116-100 w/o Miller or Ratliff , Brand played 16 minutes scored 3 pts .

@ NYK last preseason game (won 1st two by 2 vs Miami in Europe lost 4 straight back in the US )

They led throughout and opened a huge 21 pt lead to which Crawford answered with 3 straight threes to close the 3rdQ . NYK rallied in the 4th and lost by 1 . NYK hit 16 of 28 3s........

This team is learning a new offense as well supposedly . I think the ROAD is going to be real rough for them (I mean as IN ROAD games) . They had 3 narrow wins vs NYK and Miami twice teams who worse then them last year . They were not real competitive vs Boston twice , Philly and NYK on NJ's court basically beat them for 3 quarters .

So a team whose strength looked to be depth at the forward spots couldnt stop anyone in the final few preseason games. Thats alarming IMO. I think JPicks is right Washington isnt really different from last year and while I agree Haywood is a huge loss . The way it looks as of now NJ is not going to be the team to benefit from that . Etan Thomas might be fired up to play an NBA game after a year off and heart surgery.

Wash looked pretty bad in preseason but they are a vet group who should be more likely to use preseason as "practice & conditioning" rather then a team infusing young or new players (like NJN) and working with new coaches or systems.

The terrible defense especially by NJN really has me looking at the over first and foremost but I worry this could get a tad ugly and see a slow 4th Q ...

So lean Wiz and over tad more to the total......:shake:

they better get moving to brooklyn then. i heard the shit is on hold?

It will happen but its not going smoothly. If Lebron really idiolizes Jay Z as much as they make it out to be then it will happen . King James knows he needs a big market to become a megastar and its not like CLE is making much progress .

L26 away games of last season NJ allowed 100 + pts in 21 games . They allowed 98 , 91 pts 3x and had 1 low output.

Back