Help Me Out, Got a Draft TONIGHT (9/25)

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
I've been in the same league for a few years now. Draft is tonight @ 8:30 Central Time. 12 Team League, 18 roster spots. We actually used to do 14 teams but cut back this year so draft will be different for me this year. No idea where I'm drafting but if you're interested come back by closer to draft time. We have the following positions.

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
WR/TE
K

D (any Defensive player)
DB
DB
DL (includes LB)
DL

PPR, IDP, Fractional Pts. If you want to see the breakdown its provided.

Completions (0.5)
Passing Yards (33 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (5)
Interceptions (-2)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Receptions (1)
Reception Yards (15 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Yards (33 yards per point)
Return Touchdowns (10)

2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (10)

Field Goals 0-19 Yards (2)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (2)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-1)
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-1)
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards (-1)
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards (-1)
Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards (0)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Point After Attempt Missed (-1)

Tackle Solo (1)
Tackle Assist (.5)
Sack (2.5)
Interception (3)
Fumble Force (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (10)
Safety (5)
Pass Defended (1.5)
Block Kick (5)

I highlighted return stats for a reason. Rankings are already slightly different being in a PPR but I've gone through the depth charts looking for KR/PR who also see significant playing time. If you know anyone else let me know.

Basically what I want to know is how would you rank these guys knowing they will get the extra points over the course of a season for you.

Devin Hester (My guess someone reaches for him so they can have him)
MoJo
Nate Burleson (PRIME Example - was ranked among Plaxico, Kevin Curtis, Bobby Engram, Derrick Mason. Out Performed Steve Smith, Anquan Boldin, Roddy White, Greg Jennings)
Terrence McGee (got him round 12 last year, he went in the 7th in 06 though)
Wes Welker
Ted Ginn Jr.
DeSean Jackson*
Eddie Royal*
Will Blackmon* (probably no point in drafting the 3rd CB)

* Dont really know how much PT these guys will get or be heavily involved
I hope to take a late round flier on Eddie Royal since he's been named the starter opposite of Marshall and will keep the spot when he returns and hes both their KR/PR.

Also, IDP players usually start getting drafted around round 7/8. Consistancy is the key to IDPs, I don't care if you rack up 3 sacks one game, if they record 1 tackle the next theyre basically worthless to me.

Any sleeper LBs out there? I picked up Patrick Willis after week 1 and never looked back, of course I dropped Nick Barnett. London Fletcher and DeMeco Ryans have been top 4 LBs last two years. (Fletcher 1st in 06, 2nd in 07, Ryans 2nd in 06, 4th in 07). Others who have been around top 10/15 are Urlacher, Kirk Morrison, Will Witherspoon. DEs are too much of a risk since you must rely on sacks.

DBs I hope to wrap up Terrence McGee once again, got him round 12 last year and only DB to be top 10 (7th in 06 and 1st in 07 by our stats) because of him being a returner. Any recommendations on good Safeties? I'm definitely targeting Roman Harper but What other Safeties would you peg as draftable? Looking for consistanty, nothing more. CBs are usually out of the picture but there are a few expections.

I'm sure I won't get much feedback at this point with the late post and crazy league settings.

I can only really speak on DeSean Jackson for you, but hes going to be a big part of the Eagles offense this year.

Curtis is out after having sports hernia surgery last friday and they say hes out 4 to 6 weeks....more likely hes not back until after the bye week at the earliest (week 8).

Reggie Brown is nursing both a hamstring and an achillies injury. If he tweaks either one, he could be out for a while.

Jackson has looked phenomenal in the preseason and as of right now, he is the defacto number 1 reciever...plus he returned a punt for a TD on Friday...he doesnt do kickoffs, just punts but thats a nice bonus in your league

looks like DeSean is worth a gamble. I listened to some radio talk show on the Eagles website but they talked the guy up a lot. Of course they were also trying to talk up Pinkston without making it sound like he sucked.

I predicted full season stats for each player. I then created a VORP (Value Over Replacement Player) for each player at their particular position. By taking each players predicted fantasy pts and subtracting from it the average predicted fantasy pts of every player at his position i thought would be drafted. I then drafted based on taking the player with the higher VORP and predicting who would go when in the draft. Trying to optimize value.

Also, late in draft i didn't pick washed up vets. I picked younger players with huge ceilings. For me it was Aaron Rodgers, Chris Johnson and Deangelo Williams. I have my eyes on a few others currently in FA in my league.

I went 1st, 5th and 2nd in my last 3 FF leagues using this method. However, each league was 8 teams and not 12. It also wasn't against everyday gamblers like we have here.

Should be fun.

Gl Renew.

No IDP for either league im in. I wanted to do one this year but nobody else wanted to. :(

Well the commish has been really iffy and we've had talks of making this a keeper league like about a month ago and this is what he posts today.

ATTENTION... THE DRAFT IS TONITE...
theres been a lot of talk about keeper league.... the consensus is to do it... SO DRAFT TONITE AS A KEEPER LEAGUE... this may change strategy for some of you... you will keep up to 50 percent of your players at the end of the season... you will let me know who you want to keep and we will custom draft next year... ALSO.. I AM ADDING A COUPLE ROSTER SPOTS TO THIN THE POOL.,, since we usually play with 14...

He changes the rules the night of... who does that?

Post team when you got it Renew.

almost done.

Its BS, hes a little baby. We tried bringing it up and he didnt even listen. I think I'm just gonna do it this year and peace out on them. Fuck that shit. most unorganized keeper league.

he literally said "well keep like half the players" wtf theres more of a format than spewing nonsense

Back