Has Johnny Football Worn His Welcome?

What a dumb fuck....could cost himself his college career for some cash when his parents are multi millionaires....

havnt seen the video....but did any $$ exchange hands? If not, then this is as good as trying to sue McDonalds for getting you fat.

No but something about the guy telling him he'd give him more money if he signed a certain way can be heard on the video.

Not sure how that video is permissible if he recorded it illegally.

Whether it is or isn't, the NCAA can still use it against him bc they are not the courts. That's not to say they may try to hide behind it since it is an SEC school, though.

think this is what will happen...

they suspend him for the first game or two...which are against Sam Houston and Rice, game 3 is against Bama. Everyone wins...I think.

I'm ignorant to his family situation. What do his parents do that brought them into millions?

The kid seems to make stupid decision after stupid decision though, hopefully he gets that under control in the near future. I made stupid decisions at that age too(still do) but I'm not in the spotlight either. He's got to learn that he can't give anyone ammo.

think this is what will happen...

they suspend him for the first game or two...which are against Sam Houston and Rice, game 3 is against Bama. Everyone wins...I think.

Bingo!!!...but it may turn out controversial

If aTm loses to Bama, fans & critics will say it was Johnny's first game back.

If Bama loses to aTm, fans & critics will say he should've been suspended for more games, if not not the whole season (ala Newton special)

I'm ignorant to his family situation. What do his parents do that brought them into millions?

The kid seems to make stupid decision after stupid decision though, hopefully he gets that under control in the near future. I made stupid decisions at that age too(still do) but I'm not in the spotlight either. He's got to learn that he can't give anyone ammo.

his grandfather and grand uncle were wildcatters. they hit a couple wells. his daddy did some wildcattin too, i believe. I don't know about "millions upon millions", but they're doin pretty well. His dad moved the family to the hill country when JF was younger because he got contracted to build, like 100 homes out there. Pretty sure last i heard he was the GM of a honda dealer in east texas, so it sounds like the old man has his hands in a bunch of stuff.

his grandfather and grand uncle were wildcatters. they hit a couple wells. his daddy did some wildcattin too, i believe. I don't know about "millions upon millions", but they're doin pretty well. His dad moved the family to the hill country when JF was younger because he got contracted to build, like 100 homes out there. Pretty sure last i heard he was the GM of a honda dealer in east texas, so it sounds like the old man has his hands in a bunch of stuff.

Thanks.

Top 5 regular season game. Please tell me 5 others. Defending heisman going up against the nearly consensus number one, and two time defending champion team in the country who has had 1 loss in their last 18 games.

It'll be a big game but easily top 5 all-time? C'mon bruh. Just off the top of my head

93 fsu-nd
96 fsu-uf
Wide right
The bamer/lsu matchup a couple years ago
tOsu/Mich after Bo died

And all that is modern era games just off the top of my head

late regular season games >>>>>>>>>> september

this one won't even really matter at the end of the day, like last year

It'll be a big game but easily top 5 all-time? C'mon bruh. Just off the top of my head

93 fsu-nd
96 fsu-uf
Wide right
The bamer/lsu matchup a couple years ago
tOsu/Mich after Bo died

And all that is modern era games just off the top of my head

Right on the spot here, Cap ... here's what I found as well

Ohio State - USC in 2009
Texas - Texas Tech in 2008
Ohio State - Texas in 2006
Florida State - Miami, FL in 1994 (wide right II)
Notre Dame - Michigan in 1989
Notre Dame - USC in 1988
Oklahoma - Miami, FL in 1986
Iowa - Michigan in 1985

Many of these were played in September ... UT-TxT was Nov, Iowa-UM was an October game

get ready for all this shit to fall apart ya'll. they gotta prove he took money. good luck. uncle nate the bro warrior will take the fall, or nothing will happen. why was johnny standing up in the photo taken of him signing shit? if you're gonna sign 100 things, are you standing up? i know i'm sittin my ass down in a comfy ass chair if i gotta sign 100 goddamn pictures. and the fact that he even talked about this in his old SI article w/staples makes this shit all kinda weird.

It doesn't make it weird or anything. It is simply you not wanting it to be true. Nice try, though.

Anybody remember ND and Holtz finally beating Miami. Or Washington ending Miami's home wining streak?! Wide right? Wide left?

I think revenge plays a huge role in hyping this game. I get that it's early in the season. The bama v lsu have was huge 2 years ago, but that ended up not mattering either.

Anybody remember ND and Holtz finally beating Miami. Or Washington ending Miami's home wining streak?! Wide right? Wide left?

Catholics v. Convicts, 10-15 1988, Notre Dame Stadium, 31-30 Irish win on failed 2-pt try after a Cleveland Gary controversial fumble call

Sept. 24, 1994, Huskies end 58-game home win streak

Wide Right I and WR II, 1991 and 1992, Miami, FL v. Florida State

Wide Left was 10-12-2002 when Xavier Beitia missed for FSU in a 28-27 Miami, FL win

Ok, looks like we need a new thread on "your top 5 cfb games of all-time". Somebody get that goin, should be one of the top 5 threads in ctg history.

Catholics v. Convicts, 10-15 1988, Notre Dame Stadium, 31-30 Irish win on failed 2-pt try after a Cleveland Gary controversial fumble call

Sept. 24, 1994, Huskies end 58-game home win streak

Wide Right I and WR II, 1991 and 1992, Miami, FL v. Florida State

Wide Left was 10-12-2002 when Xavier Beitia missed for FSU in a 28-27 Miami, FL win

Shake hands

and that's the thing, you can't compare it to played games but the most hyped games have always been no 1 vs no 2 or traditional rivalries...

osu/mich
fla/fla st
red river shootout
tenn/fla
cocktail party
even lsu/bama recently when they were 1 and 2
notre dame/usc
etc

most of those series have had many more than 5 more hyped games themselves than this game and many were late in the season

i don't see this one as being overhyped personally, haven't even thought all that much of it other than all this recent BS...ought to be an entertaining game but not can't miss tv by any stretch

I am saying top 5 hyped games. Not top 5 played games.

Then Miami blanking the Noles to start the '88 season in the OB was the #1 hyped game of all-time. Deion and the boys were talking monster trash all summer and even made a music video barking about their pre season #1 ranking. Canes beat em 31-0. Never seen a team so humiliated outside of the Sun Bowl game where the Canes played Texas!

and that's the thing, you can't compare it to played games but the most hyped games have always been no 1 vs no 2 or traditional rivalries...

osu/mich
fla/fla st
red river shootout
tenn/fla
cocktail party
even lsu/bama recently when they were 1 and 2
notre dame/usc
etc

most of those series have had many more than 5 more hyped games themselves than this game and many were late in the season

i don't see this one as being overhyped personally, haven't even thought all that much of it other than all this recent BS...ought to be an entertaining game but not can't miss tv by any stretch

Have you seen ticket prices for this game? If you are a college football fan there is not a bigger game. Entertaining is uga vs clemson. Maybe I am missing something..

I am saying top 5 hyped games. Not top 5 played games.

Exactly do you not remember the hype for that bucks/wolves game after Bo died. Or the Bama/Lsu game a couple years ago. It was Armageddon. This, while a big game, is FAR from those type of deals

prices aren't relevant to the past, they're more expensive every year

hard to argue with a real fan like yourself, go have some fun at this once in a lifetime event!

i highly doubt the hype machine will have it's crew on the team buses for this one like a couple years ago, although this one should be more entertaining

Last edited:
And these are just modern games we're talking about. Some of the game's in the 40's,50's and 60's were just at hyped if not more but we tend to forget that just cause we weren't alive back then

Back