Harbaugh to Michigan

I thought Hoke had recruited well just shitty coaching

Rivals has them 7th in 2012, 5th in 2013

those guys are sophs/juniors next year, should start to dominate right awya

title or bust IMO

Very true. Jim comes into a solid base that is finally, kinda deep.

http://thewizardofodds.blogspot.com/2007/08/they-arent-about-to-forget-jim-harbaugh.html

[h=3]Harbaugh's Michigan Comments Still Sting[/h]
They are not about to forget Jim Harbaugh for the swipe he took three months ago at his former school.

"He's not a Michigan man," Wolverine running back Mike Hart, right, told Angelique S. Chengelis of the Detroit News. "I wish he had never played here, but it is what it is."

Harbaugh, in his first year as Stanford coach, told the San Francisco Chronicle in May: "Michigan is a good school and I got a good education there, but the athletic department has ways to get borderline guys in, and when they're in, they steer them to courses in sports communications. They're adulated when they're playing, but when they get out, the people who adulated them won't hire them."

Jamie Morris, one of Harbaugh's teammates, used to consider the former quarterback a close friend. Today, they no longer speak.

"We've dissolved our friendship," Morris said.

Morris, who works in the Michigan athletic development department, said he talked to Harbaugh shortly after the comments were printed.

"I said, 'Jim, here's my question for you — do you really believe the comments you said, or are you saying them to make you look good?'

"He said, 'I believe them.' And I said, 'Would you have said it if [former coach] Bo [Schembechler] was alive?' He said, 'That's not the point.' And I said, 'That's exactly the point. You didn't hurt Michigan, you hurt your coach, and you hurt the guys you played with. These are the teammates you turned your back on.' "

Then it became heated.

"We said, 'We're not friends anymore,' " Morris said. " 'You lose my number, I lose yours.' "

I thought Hoke had recruited well just shitty coaching

Rivals has them 7th in 2012, 5th in 2013

those guys are sophs/juniors next year, should start to dominate right awya

title or bust IMO
Def wasn't a recruiting issue...although this year he had a lot of decommits from highly rated guys...but it was known he was a dead man walking so that's to be expected...he just didn't develop guys for whatever reason..

http://thewizardofodds.blogspot.com/2007/08/they-arent-about-to-forget-jim-harbaugh.html

Harbaugh's Michigan Comments Still Sting

They are not about to forget Jim Harbaugh for the swipe he took three months ago at his former school.

"He's not a Michigan man," Wolverine running back Mike Hart, right, told Angelique S. Chengelis of the Detroit News. "I wish he had never played here, but it is what it is."

Harbaugh, in his first year as Stanford coach, told the San Francisco Chronicle in May: "Michigan is a good school and I got a good education there, but the athletic department has ways to get borderline guys in, and when they're in, they steer them to courses in sports communications. They're adulated when they're playing, but when they get out, the people who adulated them won't hire them."

Jamie Morris, one of Harbaugh's teammates, used to consider the former quarterback a close friend. Today, they no longer speak.

Morris, who works in the Michigan athletic development department, said he talked to Harbaugh shortly after the comments were printed.

"I said, 'Jim, here's my question for you — do you really believe the comments you said, or are you saying them to make you look good?'

"He said, 'I believe them.' And I said, 'Would you have said it if [former coach] Bo [Schembechler] was alive?' He said, 'That's not the point.' And I said, 'That's exactly the point. You didn't hurt Michigan, you hurt your coach, and you hurt the guys you played with. These are the teammates you turned your back on.' "

Then it became heated.

"We said, 'We're not friends anymore,' " Morris said. " 'You lose my number, I lose yours.' "

They kissed and made up....but yeah, i'm curious to see if he gets asked about this at his presser.

[h=3]Harbaugh's Michigan Comments Still Sting[/h]

Then it became heated.

Seems like a sensitive bloke

does he got a bonus for that

B6HumJACcAANS8D.jpg:large

5 million a year, what a steal ;)

Can't believe he turned down Dumpster Fires deal in Oakland...

OrangeMonk nice call. the media did miss by a mile on the salary though, with the 5 mil per yr much lower than the reported 8 mil offer. Saban still the top dog money wise

Majent, btw, his wife pushed for this. National media pushed so many things it got laughable.

And for the record, I would love nothing more than OAK Raiders to be great again and be a face of NFL...it would be so huge...I hope they make right moves and do it...

Okay, but you were the CTG version of NFL talking heads who had no insight on what was actually going on during this...

we dont know that they didnt have insight, which was all I was saying is those guys were saying it wasn't done and at the time they were we dont know what it was

the whole '49m contract offer' to pay him 7m a year turned out to be false so there was right there

it will be interesting to hear (if we ever do) when he actually decided it was done, I imagine it's somewhere in between when the UM reporters were saying and when the NFL guys finally relented on Monday

:pillow:

Love Harbs to the B1G, makes shit interesting to say the least

Well yeah, it is back to how it was within a few years...

League was a joke this year...

and honestly will be Big 2 little 12..(maybe add msu or psu_) due to crappy new hires in west division

we dont know that they didnt have insight, which was all I was saying is those guys were saying it wasn't done and at the time they were we dont know what it was

the whole '49m contract offer' to pay him 7m a year turned out to be false

Yeah, today, lmao, when all ESPN/nfl guys reported otherwise...

the whole '49m contract offer' to pay him 7m a year turned out to be false so there was right there

it will be interesting to hear (if we ever do) when he actually decided it was done, I imagine it's somewhere in between when the UM reporters were saying and when the NFL guys finally relented on Monday

It was done on the 22nd imo...and many others...

meaning either no one actually had a legit source

or as Harbs proved 3 years ago with all the Miami/SF stuff he can be a bit indecisive and was telling different people diff things

I give JH respect...he still talked to Mark Davis and turned him down..he did it all the right way...even with niners...

This was a clean break...et al...

Back