Handy's NBA playoff thoughts

handy

Pretty much a regular
The NBA post season has been real nice to me. I haven't had the urge to post in quite a while but here is what I have for you now.

I like Washington to beat Cleveland. I don't know if they cover or not but I think they win the game and have a real shot at coming out of the 1st round. I picked them up at +400 (series price) down 0-2 in this series. I also own the Cavs at +1275 to win the East. Bought that before the awful trade they made with Chicago and Seattle.

The Suns won't go down easy today. In fact I'm predicting they win this game going away. They also will put up a big time fight in game 5 at San Antonio. Very hard to eliminate a team on their home court. Game 3 Suns are 7/7.5 now 3.5/4? The book makers still believe the Suns win this game or they wouldn't favor them. (I will transition this thought later on in this thread)

Philly/Detroit - I wouldn't go near Detroit with your money. In fact I think the Sixers may win this series. Detroit just doesn't look right. It's more or less the same old story with this team come post season. They should win the series but don't count on it. Remember the team which wins game 1 goes on to win 78% of the time. Sixers plus 5.5/6 (very tempting)

New Orleans at Dallas - The Hornets might be live and kicking in this one. I don't know another tough one to call but Dallas is another group of choke artists. I expected them to win game 3 but game 4 could look a lot different. I don't care that NO hasn't won in Dallas in a long time. It doesn't mean anything. This isn't the same Hornets team as the ones which lost there 13 straight times. Trust me it means nothing. Just a gamblers mentality thinking results from years ago have anything to do with today's game. Nonsense.

My slam jam game is coming up Monday night in Denver. Folks, bet the Nuggets with both hands. They're not going down quietly in this one. Carmelo said the whole team quit in the 3rd qtr. of game 3. They were embarassed at home and they're going to claw, kick and scream and find a way to get this series back to Staples Center. Again, I expect them to fight but lose in game 5. The Lakers have no business laying 4.5 in this game. Remember last year in the Finals the Spurs were up 3-0 and the books had them 3.5 pt. favorites vs. the Cavs? The Spurs won the game but didn't cover the number. It's just very hard to close out teams on the road in a series. I believe Denver wins this one possibly in a route. Lakers will be on cruise control. Take the inflated line and go to the bank.
The books I guess have no choice other than to favor the Lakers in this game but do you really think LA should be laying 4.5? I don't.

Good luck and as always life is dandy betting the Nuggets in game 4 with Handy!!

I agree with Wizards and Suns, but Lakers will sweep easily the Nuggets. Denver simply lost and they won't recover as long as they got the same roster and coach. Both things should change before anything happens. Carmelo, Martin, Carter and Atkins should be kicked from the team together with George Carl and they must get a great PG (but a PG not another small SG) and a shooter in the SF position and they got a good team...
I like the players in Denver's roster, but I think that this is the dumbest team ever to reach the playoff in the NBA history.

lakers will sweep. lakers won huge effortlessly. denver has to play a perfect game BOTH sides of the ball, and lakers have to GIVE it away to lose. even if denver plays 100 percent efficient and lakers 80 percent efficient, lakers still win.

denver can play with the lakers if they try. They have kept a couple games close up until about half time but then they just lose focus. phil jackson has been here before. What does he think? does he want to finish this off in denver and have a long rest? Or maybe he wants to go back to LA and win at home, and have a slightly shorter rest, keeping some momentum?

If LA wants to win this game I would have a hell of a hard time betting denver.

I do like the hornets though, and I hope you are right about the wiz. thoughts on pistons are on too

You will see the Suns come out again with a lot of heart in game 5. All the pundits will tell you the Spurs took game 5 off. Perhaps they did but it was more a case of the Suns just wanted to win more than SA. Don't be surprised to see SA 5.5/6 in game 5 but there is no way I would lay those pts. The Suns have proven to be able to play with SA all year long including this series. They just got hammered in game 3 other than that they easily could've won game 1.

Also, don't believe the Wizards are going down easy in game 5. Those teams are so even that on any given night any result won't surprise me.

These are my NBA thoughts and opinions. At least you can have confidence knowing you're getting solid NBA advice from a player who just got shut off from his online book. That's right one of my books limited my action to $20 on NBA bets. I guess they're tired of getting beat by a capper named Handy!! I'm not kidding either.

Back