GT / UNC.... Somebody help me out....

vanzack

Pretty much a regular
Hey guys -

I have GT favored in this one -2. My statistical line was -3 GT, and my gut line was -1 GT.

Somebody please talk me down from the ledge on this one. I can get +4.5 comfortably.

I rarely have a difference this large, just wanted to know if anyone had some feelings about this one way or the other.

:cheers:

Looks tempting, I know, but that defense is mighty quick and can defend that triple option. Also, GT's defense has taken a few steps back in recent weeks, getting gashed by mediocre offenses in UVa and F$U. Tarholes at home are also a different animal.

Toss up game. If UNC can establish the run like UVa did, GT is going to catch a beating here. If GT can find a way to force Suxton into throwing the ball and control TOP, they'll have a chance. My only potential play in this game would be the Under.

isn't QB Nesbitt questionable at best for GT? I don't think they got a 1st down after he left the game?

isn't QB Nesbitt questionable at best for GT? I don't think they got a 1st down after he left the game?

Exactly why I asked the question. Thanks.

My dumbass skipped right over this.

He is listed as questionable, anyone close to GT program know a real status?

Jgalt - :cheers:

Here is the latest.

Georgia Tech QB Nesbitt misses practice
Coach expects starter to return Tuesday

By Larry Hartstein
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Monday, November 03, 2008
Georgia Tech quarterback Josh Nesbitt, who left Saturday’s game with a sprained ankle, did not practice Monday but probably will be back Tuesday, coach Paul Johnson said.

“We thought another day off of it would be good,” the coach said. “He’s planning on practicing (Tuesday).”

Safety Dominique Reese, who missed Saturday’s game with a concussion, practiced Monday. But cornerback Jahi Word-Daniels, who missed the last two games with a hamstring injury, remained out.

Here is the latest.

Georgia Tech QB Nesbitt misses practice
Coach expects starter to return Tuesday

By Larry Hartstein
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Monday, November 03, 2008
Georgia Tech quarterback Josh Nesbitt, who left Saturday’s game with a sprained ankle, did not practice Monday but probably will be back Tuesday, coach Paul Johnson said.

“We thought another day off of it would be good,” the coach said. “He’s planning on practicing (Tuesday).”

Safety Dominique Reese, who missed Saturday’s game with a concussion, practiced Monday. But cornerback Jahi Word-Daniels, who missed the last two games with a hamstring injury, remained out.

That sounds pretty good to me...

Thanks for the info.

Cool thanks.

I need some good opinions before I make any decisions.

:cheers:

When I first glanced at this game I was thinking GT myself. My power rankings are showing UNC at -6 which to me has no value since I look for a 3 point or more difference to the actual spread. GL on whatever you decide but I passed on this one. :cheers:

Georgia Tech injury report

Submitted by jpg on 11/07/2008 - 10:11 <!-- BEGIN tags -->Tags: ACC Now | Georgia Tech | Josh Nesbitt | Paul Johnson
<!-- END tags --><!-- BEGIN content -->Georgia Tech quarterback Josh Nesbitt will play against UNC on Saturday, at least according to the Yellow Jackets' injury report.
First-year coach Paul Johnson provides the minimum information under the ACC injury guideline. (Note: it's a guideline not a policy, hence there's no policing of the injury report.)
Tech lists only the players that are out for Saturday's game, no probables or questionables or even types of injuries. Nesbitt's not on the list.
Out: RT David Brown, LT Andrew Gardner, RB Quincy Kelly, WR Tyler Melton, CB Jahi Word-Daniels
In the big picture, the reciever and backup running back matter little to Saturday's outcome but Word-Daniels (hamstring) is one of the team's better corners and in addition to Gardner, who is out for the season with a shoulder injury, the other regular starting tackle David Brown, who missed the FSU game with excess fluid in his spine, will also be out against the Tar Heels.
Nesbitt sprained his right ankle against Florida State and missed most of the second half of the Jackets' 31-28 win. Nesbitt has missed significant parts of two games and two entire games in GT's first nine games with ankle and hamstring injuries.

Nesbitt didn't play against Gardner Webb and GT narrowly escaped with a 10-7 victory, although Booker was QBing, not Shaw, who is Nesbitt's backup.

Last week GT was in control of the FSU game until Nesbitt went out, as they had put up 31 points and were driving in FSU territory when Nesbitt was injured. Shaw came in for Nesbitt, fumbled on the first play, and GT did not score the rest of the game.

For my money, it is tough to play Tech unless we have better confirmation of Nesbitt's health. It seems he has a grasp on Paul Johnson's offense, whereas the other QBs are struggling. Shaw played OK vs Duke, but that game was dominated by the GT D and Shaw only had 13 yards in 18 carries running the option.

UNC's record is somewhat deceiving, as they have been out first-downed this year 161-133 despite their 6-2 record. Despite this disparity from the line of scrimmage, the Heels could easily be 8-0, as they outplayed VT and UVA in their 2 L's. This team has playmakers on both sides of the ball and lives by the big play. Very good special teams as well.

Common Opponents:

UNC--VT Loss 20-17; GT--at VT Loss 20-17
UNC--at UVA Loss 16-13 OT; GT-- UVA Loss 24-17
UNC--BC Win 45-24; GT at BC Win 19-16

Besides GT's health, the biggest factor is that UNC is coming off a bye and Butch Davis has had 2 weeks to prepare for Paul Johnson's option attack.

I am leaning heavy toward UNC here as a small home chalk.

agree this game is a pretty tough call, which would mean a slight lean to Georgia Tech and the points for me...

Back