Greg Davis blows and needs to be fired

SHSUHorn

Thief
Same ole shit. 5 of 6 plays three and out against a defense that has been worked on by UAB, Oregon, and Washington. Nothing vertical and trying to sit on a 7 point lead.

Big games this guy has no balls unless VY is behind the center.

Not sure who's worse at OC him or lil Bowden.

And I know I'm talking to myself in this thread but damn you can see Texas missed Terrell Brown vs tOSU.

Horn, it didn't matter because the Texas offensive line manhandled our defense in the 2nd half and Sooner turnovers took them out of the game.

Congratulations to the Longhorns today, the better team won.
beer.gif

OU got punked, but UT was far from impressive. They would get smashed by several of the countries top teams. Fortunately for them, OU is far from a top team. Congrats Orangebloods....

violin

I agree Sooner. Texas defense is very nasty when they are all healthy. Tarrell Brown was bigtime vs Malcolm Kelley today. Wish texas could've had him vs Ginn and put Ross on Gonzo. Oh well looks like the young QB has grown up.

Sooners need to get a bigtime QB in this recruiting class though. I'lll keep you posted on what I hear since I know you don't follow recruiting that close.

jester, who would smash them? Maybe beat but smash? tOSU won very easily but that game was closer then the score and Texas had 4 different players (Derry, Griffin, Robison, and Brown) start on defense today that barley played in that game due to injuries and suspensions.

Still think OSU is better don't get me wrong but I wouldn't say a bunch of top teams would smash these guys.

Just wondering what teams would smash them?

Agree. Greg Davis is way too conservative. We need a Bobby Petrino assasin at OC with all this talent. That would be a perfect compliment to Chizik.

congrats texas and their backers. I didnt watch the game, but the final score looks good. AP got his which i stated he would, they just didnt put up enough points. You guys are right back in the national championship race, you just need to hope that usc loses to cal or notre dame.

Horn:

Florida would OWN your boys. They should be dancing with tOSU at the end of the year. I also feel that Louisville, LSU (not todays team), and Cal would dispatch of UT by double digits as well...

xXx

abcs--thelegend said:
congrats texas and their backers. I didnt watch the game, but the final score looks good. AP got his which i stated he would, they just didnt put up enough points. You guys are right back in the national championship race, you just need to hope that usc loses to cal or notre dame.
No AP did not "get his". The numbers look ok although 109 is lower than a typical game for him. If you had watched you would know that the UT defense is nasty and handled him just like I told you they would. His second half average was less than 3 yards per carry. Take out some poor tackling on AP's one TD run in the 1st half and his number are extremely pedestrian for the day. He was rendered a non factor in the 2nd half and this played a large part in UT pulling away. This Texas defense is a lot nastier than hte one 2 years when AP had 200+ yards (the game which you referenced). I said he may very well get 100 but that doesn't mean he dominates and I was correct. In addition, his two turnovers didn't help the cause. There's no doubt hes the best player in college football but he did not do his job yesterday.

I watched the first half and he looked pretty damn good. He had that 30 yard run for a td but before that he looked solid, just didnt get that many carries.

abcs--thelegend said:
I watched the first half and he looked pretty damn good. He had that 30 yard run for a td but before that he looked solid, just didnt get that many carries.

First half does not a game make.

2nd Half was much different and this dude's 2 TOs led to 14 points.

Go ahead wave bye to AD. He is gone.

Back