AU U 8' +130 (2-2)
TCU U 10 +115 (4-0)
UGA O 9 -140 (4-0)
Ole Miss O 8' -120 (4-0)
Oklahoma O 8' -140 (3-0)
UCLA U 9 -125 (4-0)
Wisconsin O 9 -115 (3-1)

Last edited:
Felt like I saw some games really well, went 7-2-1 in SEC games posted, hit Alabama 2H unposted so it's not in the record. My foray into PAC12 this week was a disaster. At least I didn't have to sweat out Washington, Oregon, or the Arizona schools. Probably see me stick to football on this side of the Rockies this week.

Week 5 SEC games (posting my PR lines):

SCAR @ Mizzou (-4')

Alabama @ UGA (+1)

AU (-22) vs SJSt

Ole Miss @ UF (+9)

Arkansas @ Tennessee (-6')

LSU (-43) vs E. Mich

Vandy (-5) @ MTSU

Miss St @ aTm (-9)

UK vs EKU (no line as I don't have FCS PR #s)

Some pretty good games this week. Thoughts, opinions, and news all welcome. Good luck everyone. Discuss....

Just at first glance, I like Vandy to outright win. A&M to walk, but I came into the season low on State. I would have to think a little longer on Ole Miss at your number, but like them at a TD.

Watched the rewind on them this morning. Vandy played an excellent game, but the Rebel black bears knew they were going to win. Played much like you thought last year should have played out.

Just at first glance, I like Vandy to outright win. A&M to walk, but I came into the season low on State. I would have to think a little longer on Ole Miss at your number, but like them at a TD.

Watched the rewind on them this morning. Vandy played an excellent game, but the Rebel black bears knew they were going to win. Played much like you thought last year should have played out.

I think the UF defense can eat Kelly alive. If they can't get a ground game going, I expect it to be close late in the game, possibly even a UF win

Adding:

Alabama +2

Florida +7'
Auburn -19'
Vanderbilt +1
Notre Dame PK

So, this is kick catch interference. NCAA has some great rules

[video=youtube;ppaA-KeYdas]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ppaA-KeYdas#t=0[/video]

He has to let it hit the ground first.

Yeah I know the rule, just think it's stupid. The Vandy guy in no way interfered. This isn't a situation where the gunner swatted a ball that was slightly bobbled. Seems like there could be some leeway in how it's enforced.

Once it hits the ground all bets are off, but the rule is worded in a way that allows for a judgment call if the ball is still in the air. Expecting most SEC officials to make a good judgment call is a losing proposition.

"When a Team B player makes a valid fair catch signal, the unimpeded opportunity to catch a free or scrimmage kick continues if this player muffs the kick and still has an opportunity to complete the catch. This protection terminates when the kick touches the ground. If the player subsequently catches the kick, the ball is placed where he first touched it."

Yeah I know the rule, just think it's stupid. The Vandy guy in no way interfered. This isn't a situation where the gunner swatted a ball that was slightly bobbled. Seems like there could be some leeway in how it's enforced.
I agree with you 100%

Once it hits the ground all bets are off, but the rule is worded in a way that allows for a judgment call if the ball is still in the air. Expecting most SEC officials to make a good judgment call is a losing proposition.

"When a Team B player makes a valid fair catch signal, the unimpeded opportunity to catch a free or scrimmage kick continues if this player muffs the kick and still has an opportunity to complete the catch. This protection terminates when the kick touches the ground. If the player subsequently catches the kick, the ball is placed where he first touched it."

Ya they are going to take the easy road .. especially if it is in the conference best interest, as it was here.

So bama dogged for the first time in how many years?

Is this a playoff elimination game for Alabama?

And it isn't for uga .... And I am not saying uga won't be up for Alabama .. of course they will .. not saying this isn't a huge game... of course it is ... but in the grand scheme of season goals, isn't next week a more important game for UGA?

And it isn't for uga .... And I am not saying uga won't be up for Alabama .. of course they will .. not saying this isn't a huge game... of course it is ... but in the grand scheme of season goals, isn't next week a more important game for UGA?

It's fair to say that Alabama has their backs against the wall and UGA doesn't. My thoughts are that we are built to stop teams like UGA. Chubb is incredible, but we are pretty good at run defense. Our performances on the road the last couple of seasons have been shaky at best, but I couldn't pass up getting points

It's fair to say that Alabama has their backs against the wall and UGA doesn't. My thoughts are that we are built to stop teams like UGA. Chubb is incredible, but we are pretty good at run defense. Our performances on the road the last couple of seasons have been shaky at best, but I couldn't pass up getting points
What did you make this line, if you don't mind my asking? Bama minus a couple?

As an aside: it is my opinion that all lines in alabama games are already shaded at least a couple points, with the books expecting the typical (and well deserved for the most part) overwhelming love for bama. I feel like this line should be over a fg for sure and probably more like -4.5 with uga's huge hfa, but books don't wanna be overexposed. Just my two cents, and for that reason alone I can't back bama.

What did you make this line, if you don't mind my asking? Bama minus a couple?

As an aside: it is my opinion that all lines in alabama games are already shaded at least a couple points, with the books expecting the typical (and well deserved for the most part) overwhelming love for bama. I feel like this line should be over a fg for sure and probably more like -4.5 with uga's huge hfa, but books don't wanna be overexposed. Just my two cents, and for that reason alone I can't back bama.

I made it Alabama-1

10-4. Thanks. I know you dont gaf, but made uga -4. Probably not getting involved unless it gets down to a PK. GL with your plays sir.

Adding:

Temple -23'
aTm/MSU U 60
Kansas St +8
Houston -5'
Ala/UGA U 55
UF/OM U 51'

Have to think the 5-8 inches of rain will play in the favor of Alabama (and Notre Dame)

At minimum it will likely neutralize HFA for UGA. More people (not students) trying to stay dry than be loud. Playing in the rain is all about mental toughness. That has been one of our strengths in recent history, guess we'll find out about this current team. Generally not something I associate with UGA, but maybe it's their year

Adding:

Tex Tech/Baylor U 88' (I'll probably regret this)
EMU +45

8-1 on SEC wagers, not including the Alabama ML I apparently didn't post.

Back