General Baseball In-Game

Nice to see a non-pea-sized strike zone for once. Lower the mound, bring in the fences, juice the player, juice the baseball and then squeeze the pitcher is a bunch of bullshit

Nice to see a non-pea-sized strike zone for once. Lower the mound, bring in the fences, juice the player, juice the baseball and then squeeze the pitcher is a bunch of bullshit

Its all about consistency. The calls in the first inning were hideous

Its all about consistency. The calls in the first inning were hideous

Not arguing with you. I am not saying he is doing a good job .... I am saying his bad job is refreshing compared to the normal bad job of allowing hitters to sit on a very small segment of the plate.

Stroman is a pile of dung

Remember in last year's playoffs when Jays fans (and others) wanted to anoint him as a top tier pitcher in the league? It was funny then, it's really funny now.

I don't think he quite a pile of dung either...he's a decent, young pitcher with the potential to be lights out. I just tire of the need by people to anoint "the next big thing" in sports these days based on a few games/stretches of games/series/etc. It's just how it is now, I get it...it's still tiring/annoying.

Remember in last year's playoffs when Jays fans (and others) wanted to anoint him as a top tier pitcher in the league? It was funny then, it's really funny now.

I don't think he quite a pile of dung either...he's a decent, young pitcher with the potential to be lights out. I just tire of the need by people to anoint "the next big thing" in sports these days based on a few games/stretches of games/series/etc. It's just how it is now, I get it...it's still tiring/annoying.

Ya I am tired of that crap. We still have people trying to compare Lebron to Jordan as if it is a reasonable comparison. They did it with kobe and Jordan before that.

Not saying it sucks to be lebron or kobe because they probably live pretty damn nice but it must suck to not just have your game admired for what it is as compared to being compared to an ideal that you don't even enter the same galaxy of. A lot of people look at lebron as a failure because he didn't measure up instead of looking at his amazing game and amazing accomplishments and I think that is because we had to anoint him the next Jordan or greatest ever before he even played a game in the league. Just isn't fair imo.

I saw people at another forum asking if Tyson in his prime was better than Ali in his prime. I had to laugh to myself. Ali was a bad human but a much better boxer than Tyson on his best day.

I will say, I think Tiger on his best day is the greatest golfer ever. He will never match Jack's career but I can't be convinced that if you took every golfer in history in their prime for one tourney that he wouldn't be the favorite to win that tournament

The Lebron thing to me comes down to one thing, whether right or wrong...the others, if they had the ball in their hands with 10 seconds left and the game on the line and you were a fan of the other team, you knew what was coming. Hell even Nash in his MVP years was the same, daggers when it mattered. With Lebron, that's just never been the case even though he's obviously hit some.

Just the court of public opinion and shots that win games live on forever.

Most important 9-iron of Tiger's life unfortunately was swung by Elin and connected with his head

not quite sure how tomlin is doing this. his stuff is mediocre at best.

stroman is going to end up being a dominant reliever

That is quite the fall from grace you have him lined up for.

his size and his lack of swing and miss stuff for a guy with his velocity is what is going to lead him there. may be a few years. no shame in that; andrew miller is getting paid as a dominant 8th inning guy after not living up to hype as a starter

a leadoff walk :NoNo:

its weird it seems carapazza calls the outside strike differently for right and left handed batters

Jays quit but not putting loser Dickey on the mound in the 18th. Putting a positional player in is all but quitting.

After I worked all day in a game like this for 17 innings .. the manager does that and I am really pissed. Sorry, but I would be super pissed.

Just saw tip running naked on the Penn Turnpike and he didn't even know why so I kept going

Back