Friday NBA

Marlo

Check out my DAD BOD
14-15-1 -5.56 units.
7-6 +2.66 with Dallas pending

New Orleans -7 1.75 units

Love this spot for NO, they come back into this game healthy. They come into this game off a road loss against Atlanta. Where there were really never in the game. Atlanta set the tone of the game from the get go, and despite a 3rd quarter push from NO they were down 6-8 the whole time.

New Orleans beat them last year 112-88 at New Orleans and 99-85 at Charlotte. Both games last year were played before NO was considered by the public as a power house.

Looking at Charlotte's losses this year

Lost by 3 @ NY. Lost by 20 @ home against Detroit and 13 to a Miami squad, and by 17 @ Cleveland.

Obviously this team has shown they have the ability to get blow out. After seeing NO lose on Wednesday night I had a feeling NO was going to beat them by DD. I made this line right where its at, and wouldnt be surprised to see -9 or -9.5 at some point in time. I'm thinking I will have a play on NO 1st quarter or 1st half as well as I expect them to bounce back after the loss in quick fashion

New Orleans is 7-1 ATS the last 8.

Toronto +3 2.5 units

IMHO Atlanta has over performed to start the season. Yes this is the same team that took Boston to 7 games last year, and yes this is the same team that has beat ORL, PHIlly, and NO this year. Toronto is off a home loss to Detroit, who right now looks as good as Boston and Cleveland as the best team's in the EAST, but there comes a time when a team has to stop performing at the level it is, and this game is it. Atlanta plays at home before going on a road trip on Sunday. They have there next game against OKC, so this game could easily be a let down, they snatch up another win @ OKC to start the year 4-1 and quite possibly 5-1 before they face BOS next week. I know BAR said O'neal is not performing as well as some would consider, but I think this Toronto team offers match up problems for Atlanta and the combo of Bosh/Oneal/Calderon provide problems for ATL. Will be playing Tor ML as well. Would lean strongly to the over as well, Strong Trends support this as only 1 of the last 9 games between these two teams have gone over the total.

Cleveland -9 .50 units

After watching Cleveland for the 2nd time last night for a significant amount of time, I realized 1 thing. This team is finally healthy, and they finally have the horses to go with Bron to make a run for the Title. They are playing great, and it seems Bron has discovered that he can absolutely PWN anyone off the dribble when he drives. This team seems they are out to prove something. At first glance this line seems ultra high, but you also have to figure in the scheduling spots for both teams. Cleveland plays a home game, and has a road game tomorrow night against Chicago in which I believe they will lose SU, because they come back home again for a nice home stretch. Indiana has Cleveland OTR then the go home for two games against New Jersey, and OKC, both winnable games. They can easily take the night off here knowing they can go home and win both games, and then go back on the road and lose to NJ. I would expect alot of love to come in on Indiana thinking this line a little to high and possible drive this line down. Thats why I'm only playing it where its at, will add more if it goes to 8 thats my key number because I made the game -7.5.
  • Favorite is 13-3-2 ATS in the last 18 meetings.
  • Home team is 10-3-2 ATS in the last 15 meetings.
  • Cleveland is 10-1 ATS there last 11 games
Miami/San Antonio 1st half Under 95 1.5 units
1st quarter under 47.5 2 units

Trends strongly point to a under here. San Antonio is also offer a long game on Wednesday night against Minnesota where they played 2OT. All of the starters and key bench players for San Antonio played a ton of minutes, add in the factor they have to travel from cold Minnesota to Miami. I think San Antonio has tired legs. Also Miami for the exception of there first game against NYK have started out extremely slow.

Miami 1st quarter

San Antonio 1st quarter

Looking at a few more, but want to see what happens over night.

Chicago ML +165 1unit

I have had a gut feeling for 2 days that Chicago wins SU either against PHO, or against Clev. Both games they will be dogs. Were seeing 4 here and I expect -5 on Saturday. All this team has to do is find some kind togetherness, and they will start to win, but like Tuck said all they are now is a Middle of the road team in the EAST at best, but with all that talent if they can shoot well they will beat some teams they shouldnt. I tend to thinkt they beat PHX tomorrow night, but I'm not 100% sure.

Minnesota ML +130 1 units

Minnesota is playing really well right now. This team will rarely ever beat a team there not supposed to i.e. Dal/San An this year. Both games this year they had there opps. to beat these teams and couldnt close. I think against teams like SAC/Mem/OKC/Char they stand a fair chance and should be considered a pk or +1 or +2 against these squads. I think if Minny beats OKC earlier this week as small chalk this game is a pk.

Last edited:
Havent looked into Fridays fully. But do agree with your leans in the Raptor games.
Atl -3 just stinks and is begging for Atlanta money.

T

I'm not a big fan of backing Toronto on the road, but this sets up nicely with ATL beating NO last night. Also ATL has some sexy wins, and one has to think they come down to reality. I also don't like the matchups for ATL, who is gonna guard Bosh in this one?

I was expecting a higher number.

Atl has beaten some good teams on the road and off a big win at NO. Meanwhile the Raps just lost to a depleted Pistons team and have only beaten an overrrated Philly team and Milwuakee on the road.

Like the NO play. Still torn on the ATL TOR matchup. I want to take Toronto hear but i can't pull the trigger for some reason. This Atlanta team is overachieving and I think it all started in the playoffs last year when they took Boston to game 7. I think that instilled a lot of confidence in these guys. I think that they think they are contenders now, which is the first step to becomming one imo.

Like your card..great writ-ups..

Nawlins just missed the cut so far for me...going to look it over once more though.

GOOD STUFF MARLO, I like your thinking on ATL. Im looking to start fading ATLANTA.

Thanks for the w/ups. Thinking about jumping aboard with that Spurs under 1st half play.

anyone know if kevin martin is playing tonight

Pre-game update - and it's not pretty
The local logic surrounding tonight's game had gone something like this for the Kings faithful, "Well, at least it's just the T-Wolves."

And suddenly, the T-Wolves look pretty daunting.

Why, you ask? Well because Kevin Martin will start despite having a left ankle that is somewhere close to 60 percent healthy and face the task of chasing equally-active Corey Brewer. And because his help off the bench has gone from slim to virtually non-existent, as Quincy Douby is out with a sore right ankle. To make matters worse for this bunch, team trainer Pete Youngman has extended the recovery time for swingman Francisco Garcia (right calf strain) to two to three more weeks from today. All of which is good news if you're Donte' Greene.

The rookie small forward will be active by necessity but could get a chance to play if the circumstances are right.

"With Kevin kind of not knowing exactly what's going to happen when the game starts, we could end up needing another small too," Kings coach Reggie Theus said. "When you look at that (Minnesota) lineup...He can guard (Brewer), definitely. I think so."

Back