-136U 12½
8:10 PM
925San Francisco Giants+1½
+143O 9
926San Diego Padres+1 Markets-1½
+120
-155U 9

Friday starting pitchers

can't help but want to be against NYY in some fashion tomorrow but Cobb off an unknown reason IL stint and Akin with no track record does not make me feel good about trying to root for a 2/1 dog to win in regulation so they avoid the death sentence that is extras

some interest in SEA since ARI can't close a door, maybe they survive tonight's game but they're using guys i've never heard of against the heart of the LAD order

CIN getting in real late to StL as this game hasn't even hit the 9th yet and it's midnight central, favored and will be sleepwalking with Winker leaving early (undisclosed) along with Moustakas (HBP on foot). Lots of bullpen use thanks to Sonny failing to get out of the 4th after again just one bad inning dooms him. Lorenzen not being used since he worked so much today will help the win probability, Thornburg also leaving with injury so the hits just keep on coming

Gotta roll with ATL and the overs.

Braves own Fedde and Freddy kills the Nats

Overs in Zona
Overs in Miami

can't help but want to be against NYY in some fashion tomorrow but Cobb off an unknown reason IL stint and Akin with no track record does not make me feel good about trying to root for a 2/1 dog to win in regulation so they avoid the death sentence that is extras

some interest in SEA since ARI can't close a door, maybe they survive tonight's game but they're using guys i've never heard of against the heart of the LAD order

CIN getting in real late to StL as this game hasn't even hit the 9th yet and it's midnight central, favored and will be sleepwalking with Winker leaving early (undisclosed) along with Moustakas (HBP on foot). Lots of bullpen use thanks to Sonny failing to get out of the 4th after again just one bad inning dooms him. Lorenzen not being used since he worked so much today will help the win probability, Thornburg also leaving with injury so the hits just keep on coming

im incredibly happy yesterdays got rained out and now we get Cobb vs Cole at roughly the same price,, much prefer backing Cobb even off the IL than Akin facinng nyy for second straight start, no secret im a Cobb fan tho, i think he be able to navigate his way thru this lineup several times with minimal damage.

Cobb sports really good career numbers vs the yankees, in 7 starts at yankee stadium he only allowing a .620 ops to go along with a 2-2 record and sub 3 era.

i dunno if they will win but i think getting 2-1 a good play. chances they run into a couple of CVole pitches are better than that imo. gotta believe Cobb has way closer to a 45% chance of giving O's a quality start than the 29% chance that -244 suggest!

trevor rodgers has increased his strikeouts almost 3 per 9 above his minor league numbers. very small sample so gotta assume they prob come down some but if he would throw his change up even more maybe he can keep the increase (not as if his strike out rate was low in minors with over 9.5 per 9 at every stop). Imo he be better served sacrificing the k's and getting his walk rate back down to his minor league numbers as he walking way to many thus far. biggest concern for him is he really needs a 3rd pitch as that slider/curve/slurve thing he throws isnt very good imo. he does have 2 plus pitches tho with a solid fastball and a change that plays off it really well.

Nola sports solid numbers vs fish but in fairly limited ab's fish do have 6 guys hitting above .280 against him, only Brian anderson has taken more than 6-7 ab's tho. i jusdt don't think phil's should be laying more than -150 vs a solid fish club. We saw last night phils pen still a weakness as fish came back and got us the cash despite the defense letting alcontara down, good job by him being able to still keep them in the game and give 6 innings despite not having his best stuff. I feel like we have a big enough sample to say fish belong in the playoff conversation even if their lineup doesnt look anywhere close to phils on paper. think ill be playing fish anytime during this 7 game series when i can get a number anywhere close to this, or when sixto (or alcontara last night pitches!).

Dear lord and @2daBank please talk me out of making a Reds wager tonight. Hate that team so much

i was afraid we were fucked after the rain delay i had no idea was a possibility! just dont like backing star pitchers when they have to sit around for hours.

far as tonight goes i certainly understand wanting to back castillo at a very short price for him. reds have had some pretty good success vs waino but i want to say that mostly comes at cincy as his stuff has diminished he has struggled in that bandbox, however at the friendly confines of busch he has been fantastic!! only allowing a .546 ops at home this year! between the pitcher friendly park and reds offense struggling i gotta think we see another fantastic start from him., i like him to go 7 innings and hold cincy to 2-3 runs. we do have a concern at closer tho with gallegos getting hurt in midst of blowing gm2 yesterday. i think reyes gonna end up being our closer but after pitching 2 innings yesterday i doubt he available in this one.

nothing looks bad for castillo but the surface stats, im done trying to figure out wtf wrong with him but i dont think it all bad luck that his babip is a insane .387! obviously there some bad luck there but i also think there has to more to it.. cards pesky lefties have hit him pretty well and just think if they can get on base at top of the order he might once again get into a little trouble and once again not be his dominate self. i was planning on playing cards but i expected to get a little more plus money so i understand playing cincy, i just couldnt do it cause despite all cards issues i think they the opposite of reds, they figure out how to win games while reds figure out how to lose them despite being more talented... ff u4 is prob a solid play, only thing im interested in.

i dunno if they will win but i think getting 2-1 a good play. chances they run into a couple of CVole pitches are better than that imo. gotta believe Cobb has way closer to a 45% chance of giving O's a quality start than the 29% chance that -244 suggest!

I like it, but i've had very little success over the years with 2/1 dogs so i think i'll let it go

Back