Friday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 5 Fri 2024

Opening Day in Detroit.

A tradition unlike many others.

Pretty chilly but dry.

Thankfully get Oakland after 20+ innings today.

Skubal hopefully makes quick work of the Oakland/Sacramento/Vegas Athletics...

With the RL only being -110 I might try and pop a -1 here.

Lean to Red Sox and Kutter

Better travel for the Sox who just go down South from Oakland to LA; while Angels finished beating up on a bad Marlins team in South Florida.

Like Kutter over Canning and Sox pen is off to good start

What a full day of ball starting at 10am!

Will look as I get time to do it but the earlier the better if anyone has weather situations they're aware of that will void all day wagers...any updates would be greatly appreciated.

Also I know most are aware but for those who aren't and don't have the MLB package all games will still be available through this weekend I believe whether it's Extra Innings or mlb.tv...I think.

Opening Day in Detroit.

A tradition unlike many others.

Pretty chilly but dry.

Thankfully get Oakland after 20+ innings today.

Skubal hopefully makes quick work of the Oakland/Sacramento/Vegas Athletics...

With the RL only being -110 I might try and pop a -1 here.

man it feels like a god awful spot for them, def helps my boy Skubal going and it the A's. i was afraid they would jack up skubal k's but i expected 7.5, they ain't fucking around think this the 1st 8.5 i've seen all year. A's have actually hit lhp fairly well this year, of course it a limited sample and those lefties can't hold Skubal's jock don't think i can play over 8.5 k's, i was alresfy having a tough time making a decision when i assumed 7.5. 9 k's a big damn ask for 2nd start of season!

instead the k's i was eying a's ff ff un 1.5 but that is freaking -145. jp sears van kinda be a pain in the ass seeing how he terribly inconsistent from start to start but tigers not exactly ripping the cover off the ball, they have really struggled with lhp, i heard they were grumbling bout having to play a dh yesterday w this day time home opener, home opener or not they had a lousy trip to ny sitting around waiting to play, the bats didn't exactly do a whole lot and for most part their offense tends to come later in games than early. sign me up for

a's/det ff un 3.5 +115

What a full day of ball starting at 10am!

Will look as I get time to do it but the earlier the better if anyone has weather situations they're aware of that will void all day wagers...any updates would be greatly appreciated.

Also I know most are aware but for those who aren't and don't have the MLB package all games will still be available through this weekend I believe whether it's Extra Innings or mlb.tv...I think.

so far i hsvnt ran into a game where they calling for any rain chances but havnt done the whole card. all the day games appear safe, chilly and windy but no forecasted rain that i've seen. from what i've capped so far and the weather id say def under or nothing on salami total as i think we for sure have at least a few very low games with only 2-3 runs.

the game in pittsburg features a fantastic pitching matchup im not sure will get the same kind of resoect/attention we might get with more household names. wont be long till both these kids talked about in sane breath!!!

the game in pittsburg features a fantastic pitching matchup im not sure will get the same kind of resoect/attention we might get with more household names. wont be long till both these kids talked about in sane breath!!!

greyson rodriguez ov 6.5 k's

no problem with the under here also, the only scary part is if o's up 4 2 and we gotta sweat our way thru a kimbrel save chance, this the only thing keeping balty from being on my short list of legit WS contenders. they gonna have to do something bout this, i'm sure they will be fed up w this loser well before trade deadline

Last edited:
reds -1.5 +160.. freaking awesome price to fade the muts in a bad spot for them! mfers were just held hitless for 13 innings by tigers pen and arguably their worst starter! you could def talk me into playing Greene over k prop but i can't pass this plus money to watch reds kick the shit out this team! im freaking shocked the money line is diving so low, no clue who is gobbling up muts but at this point reds def cheap enough to just play the ml but im greedy! i expected greens to struggle with a very pesky nats lineup, i dont think he will have similar issues here, the way mets swinging the bats he could be poised to put on a show!! so if you like his k prop by all means go for it!! i trust reds offense to score 4-5 runs minimum, if they can get to quintana could be way worse! he has been solid in this park over the years but this refs lineup a lot tougher on lhp than they were in the past.

super tempted to play jordan hicks k's again, doesn't really bother me they ticked him up to 4.5, the 3.6 they hung in his 1st start was hilarious, but i don't love he facing same team b2b. i still kinda want to play it cause i have a very strong feeling Hicks is gonna have amazing breakout year as a starter. just getting away from the terribly mismanaged cardinals who never really gave him a fair shake at being a starter, the track record of guys leaving stl has become a tragedy, and he lands with the giants who are easily the best organization in baseball when it comes to making a pitcher the best version of himself, they have done wonders for guys with way less talent than Hicks! i have no doubt he likely to be pitching for the all star team where he will get a chance to hang out with all his other former cardinal friends, telling stories bout how much better life is now that they got away from this shit show being run info the ground!

these fuckers had me thinking it was saturday, pretty rare for this much day action on a friday!! freaking barely slept then realized theresa had damn appointment w pain management dr, at least not important one for me to be inside so she let me stay in car to nap. lol

super tempted to play jordan hicks k's again, doesn't really bother me they ticked him up to 4.5, the 3.6 they hung in his 1st start was hilarious, but i don't love he facing same team b2b. i still kinda want to play it cause i have a very strong feeling Hicks is gonna have amazing breakout year as a starter. just getting away from the terribly mismanaged cardinals who never really gave him a fair shake at being a starter, the track record of guys leaving stl has become a tragedy, and he lands with the giants who are easily the best organization in baseball when it comes to making a pitcher the best version of himself, they have done wonders for guys with way less talent than Hicks! i have no doubt he likely to be pitching for the all star team where he will get a chance to hang out with all his other former cardinal friends, telling stories bout how much better life is now that they got away from this shit show being run info the ground!
Does your shop across the river offer the 'pitcher with most strikeouts' prop @2daBank ?

man it feels like a god awful spot for them, def helps my boy Skubal going and it the A's. i was afraid they would jack up skubal k's but i expected 7.5, they ain't fucking around think this the 1st 8.5 i've seen all year. A's have actually hit lhp fairly well this year, of course it a limited sample and those lefties can't hold Skubal's jock don't think i can play over 8.5 k's, i was alresfy having a tough time making a decision when i assumed 7.5. 9 k's a big damn ask for 2nd start of season!

instead the k's i was eying a's ff ff un 1.5 but that is freaking -145. jp sears van kinda be a pain in the ass seeing how he terribly inconsistent from start to start but tigers not exactly ripping the cover off the ball, they have really struggled with lhp, i heard they were grumbling bout having to play a dh yesterday w this day time home opener, home opener or not they had a lousy trip to ny sitting around waiting to play, the bats didn't exactly do a whole lot and for most part their offense tends to come later in games than early. sign me up for

a's/det ff un 3.5 +115
I get the bad spot.

But, early in season vs A's I'm willing to play -1 (only -1)

don't think there are bad spots a week in. these fuckers are probably happy to be on the road to take a break from their old ladies at this point.

I get the bad spot.

But, early in season vs A's I'm willing to play -1 (only -1)

yea i dont exactly think they gonna lose, just expensive and while i like them im not crazy confident in their run production, looks like chilly/windy day which ain't gonna help the offense any. you right tho it is the a's, only time i tried backing them they committed 5 freaking errors in like 4 innings! i have little doubt Skubal will shut them down and tigers playing w growing confidence by the day so they outta figure out a way to score 3-4 which should be plenty.,

hell they might score early and fuck my under, especially if A's decide to kick the ball all over again. i never know wtf i'm gonna get out a Sears start, my new plan with capping him this year is after he garbage expect a better effort, if he actually puts 1-2 quality starts together then fade the shit out of him. i tried my typical ways of capping pitchers last year with this dude and i swear i never was close on what i wrote him down for that day!!

DK has $100 max on Soto boosted to +150 over 1.5 h/r/rbi

Rarely play their boosts outside of the NBA but this one has merit

Radio was right on saying we'll likely never see a 75 win team (maybe best case) lined like a 100 win team because of who they beat early in the year.

A's Tigers should always be a PK'em. Even a 40 win A's team

Hicks ov14.5 outs. man i was writing up why i liked this a lot and dozed off for 45 min, sorry so late

i swear i had such a good write up for hicks outs, i kept falling asleep trying to finish it and next thing i know it damn 10 min til 1st pitch and i didn't have it posted, lol. my bad

Skuballs should have been pulled after 5. What a bum

lol. you kill me bro, dude is a beast. i dunno wtf happened to him but he killed it for my cause! hell he even hit his k's, if those jackoffs woulda just posted 7.5 like i expected i wouldn't have given it a 2nd thought, 8.5 was just pushing it but he hitt that shit like nothing, looks like things went heywire on him shortly after but stuff happens. i been trying to say oakland gonna compete some this year, they have some pretty good young hitters. tigers shocked me putting up that 3 spot Skubal had to be perfect to get the ff under! hell before start i saw they actually dropped A's ff team total to freaking .5! think i've only seen that one other time, they ain't posting a 5 inning team total of half a run for some scrub pitcher no matter the team!

Cubs total too low again at 7/7.5

they really fucking those up ain't they? freaking Hendricks against a dodger lineup that has scored 5+ in every game! cubs lineup ain't no slouches either!! outta be playing alternate totals on these things!

what's crazy is i saw draft kings was offering special price on bellinger ov 1.5 h/r/rbi for like +150 or something and he like only guy in lineup that hasn't done shit, dunno how they got away w that? lol

wow i didn't think they would send grayson back out for 7th, took him awhile to start fanning guys but he got on a roll just in time!

they been way off with Hicks, they must have got their info from cardinals dumb asses who never gave him a legit chance to be a starter! even tho he did a good job as closer i always thought he was suited to start, he always wanted to start, but i guess cardinals have so many quality arms in rotation they decided they couldn't use a guy built like a tank who throw a 99-100mph power sinker with late movement! telling ya he will be joining all the other former cardinals around the league at the all star game !!

they been way off with Hicks, they must have got their info from cardinals dumb asses who never gave him a legit chance to be a starter! even tho he did a good job as closer i always thought he was suited to start, he always wanted to start, but i guess cardinals have so many quality arms in rotation they decided they couldn't use a guy built like a tank who throw a 99-100mph power sinker with late movement! telling ya he will be joining all the other former cardinals around the league at the all star game !!
You do any Gilbert props? I think he pics up after Kirby's poor outing, seems like a perfect spot against a Brew Crew that should accommodate him

You do any Gilbert props? I think he pics up after Kirby's poor outing, seems like a perfect spot against a Brew Crew that should accommodate him

i had him and freddy p wrote down, ended up playing ff under 4.5 instead the k's.

i had him and freddy p wrote down, ended up playing ff under 4.5 instead the k's.
I've lost a lot on Peralta over the last 3 seasons, took Gilbert outs o17.5

Guess I can see under, not a big fan of betting against M's bats on first game of a roadie after playing in Safeco Cavern

i just wrote a bunch bout nats and lost it.

nats +180.. the short of it, one team young and hungry and wants to be at the park, one team has bunch of dudes who rather be home rolling around in their money, think they can wait til august to flip a switch. you come to washington half assing it these kids will take 2 of 3 no matter how much more talented you are! i never liked corbin and philly should win but these guys have formed a habit of not playin the right way until around the all star break. i guess all that money they making only buys half a season and playoffs!! lol

I've lost a lot on Peralta over the last 3 seasons, took Gilbert outs o17.5

Guess I can see under, not a big fan of betting against M's bats on first game of a roadie after playing in Safeco Cavern

i'm not a big fan seattle offense. they let go of guys to cut down on strike outs but they lost power too, and they still striking out. i always been a freddy p fan, i think he punches out close to 10 tonight.

actually think both freddy and gilbert will hit their k's. if i had time i might do something like freddy 8+, gilbert 7+ and see what that pays!

i'm not a big fan seattle offense. they let go of guys to cut down on strike outs but they lost power too, and they still striking out. i always been a freddy p fan, i think he punches out close to 10 tonight.
I continuously lose on Peralta and Lopez for the Twins

They are two upper Midwest enigmas for me

I continuously lose on Peralta and Lopez for the Twins

They are two upper Midwest enigmas for me

i could see that. i'm usually solid w both them but they can be tricky. i got some my own headaches but i think for most part im ahead w those 2. freddy usually comes out gates blazing but just when ya think he has it figured out he throws up a couple stinkers! the times lopez has got me it usually on that duckling manager, i can usually see when he needs to get lopez out but he got a bad habit of leaving lopez hanging out to dry when he don't have anything left.

the reds somehow played more proficient loser ball than the muts tonight, unreal. muts hand them 7 walks, 2 errors, 7 hits the 1st 6 innings. 2 runners on early in at least 4 innings and nobody willing to choke up and move guys over, nobody willing to slap ball the other way, they all wanna swing out their shows and hit a 3 run bomb. coulda scored more than enough just playin the game right, god knows the muts gave them chances to beat them every inning, that how you beat the muts you play good baseball and they will hand it to you on a platter. you match them with terrible at bats, throwing errors to give up a run the only inning they had baserunners . way to go reds, you just got drug down to mets level, maybe in the future don't try to duplicate a team who gonna finish in basement!

they really fucking those up ain't they? freaking Hendricks against a dodger lineup that has scored 5+ in every game! cubs lineup ain't no slouches either!! outta be playing alternate totals on these things!

what's crazy is i saw draft kings was offering special price on bellinger ov 1.5 h/r/rbi for like +150 or something and he like only guy in lineup that hasn't done shit, dunno how they got away w that? lol
They didn't with me. Difference is I took advantage before first pitch lol

Back