Friday Discussion Thread

of course tigers

leans:
GIBSON due for regression, but Stroman is too. PHI comeback kids forcing blown saves against all comers, now at home pretty cheap vs a lineup who can't hit at all and enters with the pressure of a division lead dwindling. Diaz likely back from paternity, but he's not trustworthy at all right now and the rest of the good NYM pen isn't either. Kennedy on the PHI side hasn't been great since his trade, but his track record has been good

webbL has been getting strong prices lately and has pitched well as the darling of the fantasy community entering the season. SF with one of the biggest comeback wins in decades today, but MIL won't blow it like ARI did. Hader looks like he's on the serious COVID list and that really hurts the MIL pen since everybody slides back and that means less potent arms must get bigger outs. McGee having an awesome season

alcantara is priced pretty high even considering what will be a rude awakening to Coors. COL tried to build its team with groundball pitchers, that's why they have been in the cellar but Alcantara offers that along with some major strikeout upside added lately. COL with a good series vs CHC, but being priced like MIA gave up on the season and nobody has like CHC. MIA bullpen should be in decent shape despite Bender throwing a lot of pitches today closing out a 3-1 series vs NYM, the other part of the good pen rested though and COL is a team i want to be against as a favorite since I think MIA is better. Travel day today doesn't help, but momentum from the series win over 1st place will be evident in a young team who still has some decent pieces

gonzales is scary as a pitch to contact @ NYY with that improved lineup, but NYY overpriced as always. Major lineup discrepancy, especially when you consider length as the bottom of the SEA lineup is gross

eovaldi was not good @ TB as he got plenty of support to get a win and he was not sharp, will be a tough assignment if he's that way vs TOR. Manoah doesn't seem as good as his debut, but TOR bullpen has been better. Hand looks like he's not the answer, but was worth a gamble for a backup catcher. Not sure Romano has been as sharp and i wonder about the impact of more innings this season, but BOS pen feels deeper to me and the lineup is comparable. Probably have to favor TOR lineup, but they don't work counts and Eovaldi has plenty of swing and miss in his repertoire. Manoah not throwing as hard as he did in his debut, think he's worth looking to be against at this price after BOS did not show up for the day game in DET

manning pitches to contact too much but this price is too high on Quantrill even off a good start

minor can't get through an outing without a big inning, but the StL pen had another disaster tonight and i wonder if the young arms are showing the wear on the tires. Knizner may have been at fault since he somehow doesn't know Reyes can't throw his fastball for a strike, but Gallegos was not good and he's been the lynchpin of that bullpen despite usually taking the 8th. Cabrera bad, all were bad and that's how you blow a 4-2 lead with 2 out in the 8th. KC with a good win @ CHW, bullpen is more settled and has plenty of arms even though nobody knows when matchups Matheny is going to experiment

sandovalpat price is massive to be against PRICE, massive bullpen disadvantage doesn't get me excited though with my current two month swoon

Yanks O, Phillies ML, Detroit O, SF ML, LAA O

have already played the bold.

fortune favors

make me a little more comfortable fading MIL? They can hit now all of a sudden
Anyone can hit when youj're last 6 of 9 were against the lowly pirates. Overachieving IMO and Burnes looks either hurt or fatigued. Both teams have a couple of guys with good numbers against each others pitchers but Bryant really makes that SF line up so good. Belt is also back tonight.

Last edited:
I am super curious as to what they do when Longoria needs to be activated nextr week. Belt was activated today and was able to get on since Gausman went on the paternity list. Bryant to the outfield? But who does he replace Wade/Dickerson/Yaz....only other spot might be 2, but La Stella quietly doing good things there..

I am super curious as to what they do when Longoria needs to be activated nextr week. Belt was activated today and was able to get on since Gausman went on the paternity list. Bryant to the outfield? But who does he replace Wade/Dickerson/Yaz....only other spot might be 2, but La Stella quietly doing good things there..
I've also seen La Stella getting hits each time he comes to the plate

Bryant is worth even more value since he's such a utility player, could see a rotation based on which hand the opposing SP uses. Longoria is important, but also aged so i'm not sure he's a must have in the lineup despite his salary. Tonight you probably want the L vs Burnes who has eaten up R in his career. Only R in the lineup tonight are Posey and Bryant, guessing lots of PH when Suter enters. I'm not sure Burnes deserves a lot of questions after 5 starts with 1r or less allowed leading into his poor performance @ ATL.

Whole MIL pen should be available besides IL'd Hader, only SF arm worked b2b was Jackson (3 of 4). MIL bullpen is quite different staring at Williams, Boxberger, Curtis/Suter from the 9th inning backwards than when Hader is at the end

Manoah has been great, Eovaldi off a poor start but always missing bats

If we get into the bullpens, gotta believe the market would say Whitlock Taylor Ottavino Barnes > Hand Cimber Romano. Guess it depends on the openers to see who outpitches who

Back