Friday Discussion Thread

Tribe getting to see Teheran again already really gonna test the tribe Ff under theory! Lol. Feel like almost have to play it tho!

Phillies def worth looking closely at that price for wheeler, another game where both teams seeing starter in b2b starts. Im fine with unbalanced schedules but really wish they space teams out a little more!! Same thing with a’s/Stros.

Im getting sick of these small cards, I’ll be happy when we past all these opening days and we have nice full slates of action!! Not nearly enough games to choose from any day this week!!

Phillies, reds are worth a look with marte out for az, hate playing yanks/tb games but kluber should have the advantage but no judge for nyy?

Phillies, reds are worth a look with marte out for az, hate playing yanks/tb games but kluber should have the advantage but no judge for nyy?

reds number has shot thru the roof, I’m not sure they worth it at -140? I havnt been tracking it but I feel like 20 cent or more line moves have almost been death sentences for a play in recent years. Maybe it just been my perception but few years back I cut way back on grabbing overnight lines cause ones where I beat number by that much wernt going very well! You would think beating the line by that much be a good thing but not if they stinking lose at a high clip! Im sure I could get push back on that statement and I understand it, after all you can grind out small profit by beating lines by that much if you wanted to, and in theory it should be a great long term thing!! After all your win percentage at 20 cents cheaper number can be like 5% less to turn a profit!

I certainly understand the move, zona is all beat the hell up with injuries and reds one the hottest teams out the gates.

Yup I agree on that as well. Though I'm not overly fond of Mahle, but he seems to get things done mostly. Reminds of Arrieta in some ways. Not overpowering, but can use the stuff he has. I Have no idea on the Widener guy Zona is throwing out there.

Yup I agree on that as well. Though I'm not overly fond of Mahle, but he seems to get things done mostly. Reminds of Arrieta in some ways. Not overpowering, but can use the stuff he has. I Have no idea on the Widener guy Zona is throwing out there.

think I read roof gonna be opened in zona tonight. Besides the line move Im also not a huge fan of backing pitchers that have never pitched there (similar to coors), over the years I’ve heard a lot of cardinals pitchers comment bout pitching at that park. I think Mahle has decent potential, his velo was way up in his start vs cardinals last week. Im just not looking to pay -140ish when I think lot of uncertainty with a guys 1st start there.

I don’t know anything bout snakes pitcher either, he did go 6 scoreless vs pads so maybe there something there? He is kinda old for a pitcher I never heard of to break in and he threw more than 70% fastballs in the low 90s that 1st start! That can’t be a good recipe vs reds hot bats in a place the ball should fly tonight! No way I’d play snakes either being all beat up and I think reds having a starting pitching edge.

Think I’d look at over if snakes were healthy and still kinda lean that way. Are we sure castellanos appeal isn’t gonna be decided today? (I never know bout these things), I’m guessing when it is heard they will simply cut it down to 1 game and he will sit that night (whenever that will be?). Not sure this a case where I’d prefer reds team total over cause I do think there potential Mahle is bad also so why avoid that possibility? The more I look the more I think this really isn’t a very good card!

If I didn’t think San Frans lineup was so tough for lefties I would def be looking at playing Rox. So far they only 12th in baseball ops against lhp but fairly limited sample still and .783 nothing to sneeze at. Last season they were 4th in baseball with a .838 ops against lefties and that was without posey who has a career .907 vs lhp. Longoria smashes lefties w a career ops just below Buster’s and so far this year he been punishing them in 13 plate appearances he has reached base 9x with 3 jacks and a double!

Over 8 or Giants team total over has some real appeal! Have a 13 mph wind blowing straight out but I dunno how much that helps the carry on a 50 degree day in San Fran? I like Cueto and he at his best early in the year but he is on 6 days rest which historically hasn’t been his best, he is at his best in the daytime tho. For his career he been great vs rox but he wasn’t last year and all the starts prior to that were pre 2017 so not real relevant imo. Story and Blackmon have had decent success vs him. Don’t know why total came down off open cause I think both teams capable of scoring 4 here.,

Im a little skeptical of overs, Ff unders been a big part my good start to the year and I definitely wonder if the new balls not at least partially responsible? Are they using exclusively the new balls? I sure feel like I have seen several games where balls that looked like they got mashed die on the warming track but I’ve also seen lot of highlights of the ball flying out the park on hits that didn’t look any more powerful than some the others!! It would be pretty messed up if they picking and choosing when to use certain balls!!

Rays and Nats +1.5

it kinda crazy as long as hill and Kluber been around these lineups have seen them so little! I don’t know what to make of either these pitchers anymore? Hill gave up 4 runs in 4 innings to a Marlins team who really struggling to score runs! Kluber didn’t look a whole hell of a lot better in his start. Im not gonna make it in time for start this one anyways and prob better off. I’d lean over but I don’t like overs in the trop. Gl

I love fading on opening home games when they raise banners for the champs in most sports; but I don't think LAD is raising banner today right and if they are and there's no fans I don't like this angle as much.

I love fading on opening home games when they raise banners for the champs in most sports; but I don't think LAD is raising banner today right and if they are and there's no fans I don't like this angle as much.

no idea about banner, They should have some fans tho, everyone has been letting in some kind of percentage thru the gates. I havnt really looked at that game since it such a huge line but just top of my head it be scary backing Ross vs that lineup.

Dodgers will have about 11k - 15k in the seats today. They will be having a ring ceremony, raising a banner and having a tribute to Lasorda as well as celebration of Fernando Valenzuela. Should be fairly emotional.

As much as Philly tempting to me I do feel like there some things that favor Morton a little more than wheeler this go around. Braves bats also have came alive some since opening weekend in Philly. I know I’ve said it already but I really hate capping these games where starting pitchers making b2b starts vs same team.

Yea no way am I touching -270+ on its own.

I wish I liked Ross more but I don’t, a guy who heavily reliant on fastball/sinker who walks spiked in his last year of work doesnt inspire much confidence vs this lineup. Im gonna like Nats a lot more when they get their new additions to clear protocol and into the lineup.

Stros blast lefties, I think last year down season was just a product of circumstance, they had a .868 ops against them in ‘19, now they tops in baseball with a 1.060 ops and have knocked Manaea once already. In the 5 games these 2 have played Stros have outscored A’s 41-11! Crazy to say but -160 might be cheap! Stros plus money on the full game rl so that more tempting than a Ff -.5 at -125.

Just can’t decide if I want to continue riding the tribe Ff unders today? The only things I like about it are how often they hit and the fact it got bet up to 5.5! That a big number to hit for the tribe! That said they are getting 2nd look at Teheran who isn’t all that good! Tribe had baserunners all over the 1st time and just couldn’t cash them in, that certainly could happen again but kinda a tough thing to bet on. Plesac has some room to improve on his last outing where he allowed 2 runs to tigers, if he improves on that or even duplicates that can tribe really score 4 or even 5? Even a rematch against Teheran that seems somewhat unlikely! Lol

Right i look for dj to get going and hoping kluber shows up and keeps tbay to a minimal and bring in chapman who looked good the other day

Interesting rays have lost last 4 in a row...odds are they make it 5? Not sure lay off but i will bite rays+1.5..

Love Hill against this team and I think the Rays may well be the better team at the end of the season anyway

I don’t think I like the rays this year. Don’t think they did enough to replace what they lost in the starting pitcher department. I know last year was really shortened but still gotta worry how much they worked their pen in the playoffs, that has shown to be a problem for staffs the following year. Hill could very well be good today but I don’t like him long haul.

I don’t think I like the rays this year. Don’t think they did enough to replace what they lost in the starting pitcher department. I know last year was really shortened but still gotta worry how much they worked their pen in the playoffs, that has shown to be a problem for staffs the following year. Hill could very well be good today but I don’t like him long haul.
I'm not sure the Rays pen is remotely relevant the way they play

Brutal loss incoming on this Phils/Braves F5 under. Could feel it coming after giving up a Leadoff single to the pitcher

Back