Friday Discussion, Thoughts and Analysis.

Inspekdah

My man, Michael Jordan!
When are the lines due to be released? I got a couple circled I want to look into... and one large play but waiting on the #.

Liking Phi hoping line would be below 5, also orl. 2 teams came into the season with high expectation only to be embarassed like that. Revenge time!

unsure on SA- which should be popular. Portland looked like absolute shit, but home opener. LA>SA, although SA is off horrible loss. usually like to take SA off a loss with a short numbered which should happen here. line will be inflated though. Expecting Orlando -6

What you guys think the Celts will be laying?

Dogs covered 9 of ten games last night I believe on final #'s....

Bulls looked impressive game 1, Celts had to rally.

If Cavs are -6, what are Bulls... -9.5? -10?

What you guys think the Celts will be laying?

Dogs covered 9 of ten games last night I believe on final #'s....

Bulls looked impressive game 1, Celts had to rally.

If Cavs are -6, what are Bulls... -9.5? -10?

not too interested in chicago. Boston actually impressed me- can win the game after crying before the game. They will be more focused than that. Also, rookie PG vs best D in the league...

LVSC should be out in about 60-90 minutes and last few days BM has released around 3:45 est.

not too interested in chicago. Boston actually impressed me- can win the game after crying before the game. They will be more focused than that. Also, rookie PG vs best D in the league...

Sorry I'm typing quickly here at work and maybe not being clear.

I love the Celtics tomorrow. I'm not a betting "homer" and will fade the teams I know well in spots which I feel they are not strong. I was making the case that they looked good to justify the line perhaps not being too large?

Bulls dominated the O boards vs. Bucks and caught fire late. No offensive boards will be there vs. the Celtics and Rose' first road game is not a good spot.

Just waiting on the line...

Might tease Cleveland tonight w/ them if the #s are comparable.

LVSC are out.

Linked the odds so counselor doesn't get his size 48 panties in a bunch.

Rondo vs Rose will be interesting. Rose ran show vs Milk and it shows in Lu's numbers. However, put together 5 of us here and i think we could score 80 on Milk.

Brewer,

Yes it was Milwaukee's defense but I think we will see the re-rise of Luol this season. Perhaps a late candidate for ASG as well.

Lu was basically playing a game of h.o.r.s.e. other night. I still dont like how nobody on this team can create their own shot outside Gordon. Maybe Rose? Everything relies on the motion of players, the ball, timing and this year Rose getting into the lane drawing extra defenders. I wont be voting Lu an AS until he can create for himself whenever he wants. His D was good as usual tho.

<TABLE class="matchupBox fontsize12" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=evenRow><TD class=leftColumn><SMALL>4:05 PM</SMALL></TD><TD class=rightColumn><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=rotCell>701</TD><TD class=teamCell>GOLDEN STATE</TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800079_3_0_8_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>+8-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800079_3_2_-204_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>o204-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=rotCell>702</TD><TD class=teamCell>TORONTO</TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800079_3_1_-8_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>-8-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800079_3_3_204_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>u204-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR class=oddRow><TD class=leftColumn><SMALL>4:05 PM</SMALL></TD><TD class=rightColumn><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=rotCell>703</TD><TD class=teamCell>NEW YORK</TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800080_3_0_9_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>+9-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800080_3_2_-217.5_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>o217½-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=rotCell>704</TD><TD class=teamCell>PHILADELPHIA</TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800080_3_1_-9_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>-9-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800080_3_3_217.5_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>u217½-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR class=evenRow><TD class=leftColumn><SMALL>4:35 PM</SMALL></TD><TD class=rightColumn><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=rotCell>705</TD><TD class=teamCell>SACRAMENTO</TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800081_3_0_5_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>+5-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800081_3_2_-204_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>o204-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=rotCell>706</TD><TD class=teamCell>MIAMI</TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800081_3_1_-5_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>-5-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800081_3_3_204_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>u204-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR class=oddRow><TD class=leftColumn><SMALL>5:05 PM</SMALL></TD><TD class=rightColumn><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=rotCell>707</TD><TD class=teamCell>ORLANDO</TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800082_3_0_-7_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>-7-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800082_3_2_-193_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>o193-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=rotCell>708</TD><TD class=teamCell>MEMPHIS</TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800082_3_1_7_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>+7-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800082_3_3_193_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>u193-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR class=evenRow><TD class=leftColumn><SMALL>5:05 PM</SMALL></TD><TD class=rightColumn><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=rotCell>709</TD><TD class=teamCell>CHICAGO</TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800083_3_0_9.5_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>+9½-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800083_3_2_-191_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>o191-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=rotCell>710</TD><TD class=teamCell>BOSTON</TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800083_3_1_-9.5_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>-9½-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800083_3_3_191_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>u191-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR class=oddRow><TD class=leftColumn><SMALL>7:35 PM</SMALL></TD><TD class=rightColumn><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=rotCell>711</TD><TD class=teamCell>DENVER</TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800084_3_0_-1_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>-1-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800084_3_2_-201_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>o201-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=rotCell>712</TD><TD class=teamCell>LA CLIPPERS</TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800084_3_1_1_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>+1-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800084_3_3_201_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>u201-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR class=evenRow><TD class=leftColumn><SMALL>7:35 PM</SMALL></TD><TD class=rightColumn><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=rotCell>713</TD><TD class=teamCell>SAN ANTONIO</TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800085_3_0_-1_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>-1-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800085_3_2_-178_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>o178-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=rotCell>714</TD><TD class=teamCell>PORTLAND</TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800085_3_1_1_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>+1-110 </LABEL></TD><TD class=selectCell><LABEL><INPUT class=chkbox value=800085_3_3_178_-110_NBA type=checkbox name=game>u178-110</LABEL></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I was ready to hammer Orlando at 5.

Jeebus.

Gonna wait till tonight and hope line comes back.

Well, the heavy hitters in Vegas are just killing our Knicks totals.

Unreal.

fuck. I was gettin ready to hit Orlando and NY. Line opened NY 217, went down 216.5 now 217.5. I wanted udner 215. still thinking

thats a shit ton of pts tho.

leans are miami in home opener altho beasley looked shitty gainst NY. Lean NY/Philly over. smaller lean Portland in home opener, altho they looked like trash gainst LA. Oden?

Orlando should wipe there ass with Memphis after that shitshow performance at home last night.

Gimme hot NY in shape from yesterday vs weak "don't know what is goin on" Philly team, which its right now....with 8.5 points, i know it was just first game of the season but i can't see how Philly will stop runnin Knicks? i wouldn't take the under , line is really high tough....sorry for my english ;)

PS. i think seriously about that bet so would like to hear your opinions, guys..thanks

I was ready to hammer Orlando at 5.

Jeebus.

Gonna wait till tonight and hope line comes back.

Well, the heavy hitters in Vegas are just killing our Knicks totals.

Unreal.

I was expecting line to be around that as well. Oh well.

raptors have performed very well in a home favorite spot of around that size...they impressed the hell out of me on the road in the opener against a team that i think will be a good bet again ats in the sixers. very good homecourt advantage and in a home opener. golden state still working out some kinks and have to travel 2500 miles. i'll be on the raptors.

Not understanding all the Knicks love..

Philly TT Over looks most solid... their starters in pre-season put up huge #'s on the Knicks.

You think there's value counselor? Has to be, no?

:popcorn:

I think there is when the number is tickling 220 in the second game of the year. Miami, to be kind, struggled a bit on defense on Wed. night. Philly (well, the '07 version) was solid on defense. Dalembert is a force and should make a big difference this game, IMO. Their perimeter defense HAS to be better than Miami's was Wed. night. Plus, even though they looked pretty good in D'Antoni's new system, there will inevitably be some growing pains.

I just think 217+ is a hell of a lot of points.

Last edited:
Busting your balls since you posted the same thing 3 times in a row, in error, I assume.

Now way I can play the under. It's over or nothing. Also like the points with the Knicks. Not for nothing, every damn dog looks tempting tonight.

It's ridiculous to put totals for two teams like the knicks and 76ers at those numbers. Think about it. We've seen totals that high for games with teams the caliber of the suns, clippers, warriors, lakers, etc., but the knicks and 6ers are not those teams. Personally, if they're going to keep making these totals at a stupid number like that, I'll gladly take the under.

the ball wasnt moving at all night. one pass and the ball just stopped. bulls -26 pts with deng in the game. smfh.

Back