• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Fondybadger's 2006-2007 College Football Bowls

I'm 95% sure DeGeest will start at LT, not RT as Sid reported. Ainsle will stay at RT so they'll have a youngster with very little experience protecting Coop's blind side.

OK, here is a few more great nuggets about MN tonight.
  • For the first time in Mason's tenure the team will not be taking a Red Eye back to Minneapolis after the game. Half the guys have their "going out" clothes packed with them and they have free reign after the game tonight. No curfew, no rules, Mason told the team if you get in trouble, find your own way back. They are pumped about staying an extra day and most are going out in Scottsdale tonight after the game.
  • Another key is the field is very wet as they've somehow got rain the last few nights in Arizona.
  • MN kicker Gianini is a headcase and if he misses early, MN will go for it on 4th inside the 25.
  • If someone gets hurt tonight the offensive line completely changes and the only person playing their true position will be TE.
Also talking to Rexy, he believes that the wise guys will be betting Minnesota throughout the day (as they're hitting the under now) so if you like Minnesota take it now at +7.5 or +8. He can possibly see the line being bet down to -6.5 or -6 on Texas Tech, unless some public whales bet big on them...

Having seen and played against both teams, Clemson is dangerous as long as the ball is not in Proctor's hands. Spiller is gone in the open field and I actually think he is better than Davis. They will have no trouble at all moving the ball on Kentucky. The thing to me is that this game has backdoor written all over it. A 14-17 point Clemson lead sounds like a lot until that bs garbage TD from UK in the closing minutes. UK qb is good and if Mitchell can carve up that defense, he prob can too granted he doesn't have the weapons SC does. I leaned UK initially but always felt like Clemson could win this one by 14.

Fondybadger said:
Liberty Bowl
$350 South Carolina -5
$250 South Carolina 1H -3
- Don't like the total or props...
:cheers: Good luck man.. Really lookin fwd to this one.. i think its sydney rices last game

Thanks so much for that write-up. I was going to put a medium bet on Tech, but it looks like I may have to go extra large on them now. Good luck to us. Looks very promising.

I'm riding TT as well, Minnesota has not played to impressive this year, and I like the air threat that TT has, let's hope it destroys the Golden Gophs.

TT to win 3 units.

BAR and Fondy's biggest Bowl game = tail by me..

Will also ML parlay TT with Texas tommorow. 1 unit to get about .7 units

Big 12 dominates both these Big ten teams, that should not be in Bowl games.

Great shit Fondy

Fondy, any insight on Maryland? I was thinking them last night but I am leaning towards Purdue now. A possible no play for me.

Just got off the phone with a friend at the Minny game, it's 50 degrees, no wind, field has dried out. My friend doubled his Minny play, and I'm going to watch late line movement myself to add a bit more hopefully on...

BeLIEve811 said:
You still like it "A LOT" at 8.5 ?

I'm already in at 6.5 and 7. I wanna add more at 8.5...

I'm split there believe... I want to add more, and I think I relunctantly will at that higher number... i'm in at 6.5 already, but want a bit more on after the morning games...

My thoughts too...I'm thinkin if Tech covers it'll be big anyway. If they don't cover it'll proably be a SU loss. or like a 1pt game..

no reason to be sorry. i'd bet it again tomorrow, if possible. TT jsut had a freaky bad first half...and everything went Minny's way that half. nothing but a freak abnormality...

Fondybadger's Saturday Meineke, Alamo, and Peach Bowls + CBB + NFL

I'm a bit burned out capping. Texas Tech and my expectations for them really took its toll here with my desire to spend a lot of time with a writeup today. If I wake up in time I'll give my thoughts on the games, but I doubt I'll be able/have time to. Good luck with whatever you choose to play.

Meineke Bowl
$450 Boston College -7 -106
$200 Boston College 1H -4
$75 under 72.5 passing yards by Navy -104
$75 under 264.5 passing yards by Matt Ryan -111
$150 over 245.5 rushing yards by Navy -108
$100 over 65.5 rushing yards by L.V. Whitworth -114

Alamo Bowl
$500 Texas -8.5
$175 Texas/Iowa under 53.5
$250 Texas 1H -6 +101
$75 Texas/Iowa 1H under 26.5 +105
$50 over 77.5 rushing yards by Iowa -115
$200 Over 68.5 rushing yards by Jamaal Charles -108

Peach Bowl
$300 Virginia Tech -2.5

NFL
$200 Washington +3 -112

CBB
$75 UConn pk
$300 Stanford +16
$200 Loyola Chicago -2.5
$400 Butler 1H -6
$350 Butler -11

GL today, Nick. We got everything in common, football-wise. You, me, and the rest of the public...lol.
Let's hope it's a favorite kinda day...well, in the bowls.

GL Fondy.
With ya on BC and VT but on the other side with Iowa. I think they are very live to win that game outright and I will gladly take all the points. Texas doesn't want to be here IMO and Tate needs a nice game to help draft status. Talent wise, Texas is better but I think Iowa hangs in there. Best wishes

Fondy - No apologies needed at all. Tech was the superior team, but Minny had the perfect half and time just ran out on the cover in that one. You were the reason I decided to take the Tech Over 36.5 as I wasn't even considering that play until I talked to you about it, so thanks for that hit.

Pepsiman said:
GL Fondy.
With ya on BC and VT but on the other side with Iowa. I think they are very live to win that game outright and I will gladly take all the points. Texas doesn't want to be here IMO and Tate needs a nice game to help draft status. Talent wise, Texas is better but I think Iowa hangs in there. Best wishes

Thanks Pepsiman - my thoughts with Iowa is they gave up on their season a long time ago, and the only reason they're in such a prestigious bowl is because two Big 10 BCS teams and the rest of the Big 10 being awful. Iowa running games isn't really there, Tate has self destructed this season, Iowa defense really hasn't stopped anyone, etc...

Fondy - I hope your right about the Texas game, but I don't see us covering....like I said...I hope your right

Captain Slap A Hoe said:
Glad to see Stanford got you the cover over us, I knew that last second layup would help someone ;)

Well I turned the game off with about 5 minutes left and Stanford was only down by one, so I was shocked to see it was so close...

Fondybadger's Cotton, Outback, Gator, and Capitol One Bowls (Wisky 2H ADDED)

Cotton Bowl
$200 Nebraska +2

Outback Bowl
$300 Tennessee -4 +102
$250 Tennessee 1H -2.5 -105

Gator Bowl
$175 Georgia Tech +11

Capitol One Bowl
$400 Wisconsin +3 -114
$350 Wisconsin ML +118
$250 Wisconsin 1H +0.5 -104

WHY I LIKE WISCONSIN
  • Wisconsin is averaging 30.2 ppg 387.5 total ypg this season
  • The Badgers are ranked first nationally in average time of possession
  • John Stocco has a 61.5% completion rate and thrown for 1,979 yards and 15 TD's with only 4 int.
  • P.J. Hill has rushed for 1,533 rushing yards and 15 TD's
  • Wisconsin tough offensive line led by future top pick Joe Thomas at left tackle
  • Wisconsin defense is allowing 11.9 ppg & 243.5 total ypg both of which is 3rd in the country
  • The Badgers are 2nd nationally in pass defense and 1st in pass efficiency defense
  • Wisconsin defense has allowed a 28% conversion rate on 3rd down.
  • Wisconsin led the Big Ten in red zone defense.
  • Speed of Wisconsin defense controlling McFadden
Only thing I'm concerned about is a trick play or two hurting Wisky.

Fondybadger's Fiesta and Rose Bowl Plays

Rose Bowl
$300 Michigan -1

Fiesta Bowl
$450 Oklahoma -7

I'll add more on to both of these games tomorrow along with other lines at Pinny. Don't know what shape I'll be in, and just in case I'm sleeping during these games, I wanted to get these in.

Fondybadger said:
Cotton Bowl
$200 Nebraska +2

Outback Bowl
$300 Tennessee -4 +102
$250 Tennessee 1H -2.5 -105

Gator Bowl
$175 Georgia Tech +11

Capitol One Bowl
$400 Wisconsin +3 -114
$350 Wisconsin ML +118
$250 Wisconsin 1H +0.5 -104

WHY I LIKE WISCONSIN

• Wisconsin is averaging 30.2 ppg 387.5 total ypg this season
  • The Badgers are ranked first nationally in average time of possession
  • John Stocco has a 61.5% completion rate and thrown for 1,979 yards and 15 TD's with only 4 int.
  • P.J. Hill has rushed for 1,533 rushing yards and 15 TD's
  • Wisconsin tough offensive line led by future top pick Joe Thomas at left tackle
  • Wisconsin defense is allowing 11.9 ppg & 243.5 total ypg both of which is 3rd in the country
  • The Badgers are 2nd nationally in pass defense and 1st in pass efficiency defense
  • Wisconsin defense has allowed a 28% conversion rate on 3rd down.
  • Wisconsin led the Big Ten in red zone defense.
  • Speed of Wisconsin defense controlling McFadden
Only thing I'm concerned about is a trick play or two hurting Wisky.

I've been on the Badger train all year..earlier than most...BUT they haven't faced a team like this young Arky team....maybe Meechigan...and what was that final?

Good Health bro...LOVE your UT and GTech pixs....:cheers:

Mully :drink: :wacka wacka: :drink:

neither team wants to be in the gator bowl, but there's value on GT with all those points. kenny scott being out does hurt, but slaton hurts more for wvu. bennett's only real time has come against garbage defenses thanks to chan's cockgobbling addiction to reggie ball. gl on your plays.

Back