FIFA basically admits theyve dropped the ball...

You miss my point, they are worthelss. The AFC need UEFA more than UEFA needs AFC.
Out of those all those votes in the AFC, the key players in that group are Japan, Korea, Australia, and China. Those 4 nations have a lot of ties to Europe and South America and can easily swing their vote across.
Let us not forget that Prince Ali is the Prince of Jordan, is heavily connected in the Middle East and is the fucking VP of FIFA Asia lol.

So in the end the only countries that would vote Blatter are those that can be bought.

Australia are voting for the prince, the other three are undecided. AFC definitely aren't voting as a bloc. Need one of the American conferences to distance themselves from the arrests and "ensure FIFA head in a new direction"

I can't decide whether to go by Prince of something (so much more baller than King), or just continue to refer to my home and family as, "House ...", ala Game of Thrones.

Aside from Russia and Qatar who is gonna vote for Sepp

It seems like 90% of UEFA is going with Ali. I assume most of CONCACAF is as well. Will the Muslim countries vote for him because he shares their religion? The same goes for parts of North Africa. Not sure why the rest of Africa would necessarily favor Sepp. Australia favors Prince Ali so I think there is a reasonable chance the rest of Oceania follows suit

Aside from Russia and Qatar who is gonna vote for Sepp

It seems like 90% of UEFA is going with Ali. I assume most of CONCACAF is as well. Will the Muslim countries vote for him because he shares their religion? The same goes for parts of North Africa. Not sure why the rest of Africa would necessarily favor Sepp. Australia favors Prince Ali so I think there is a reasonable chance the rest of Oceania follows suit

The powerhouses will vote for Prince.

Think CONEMBOL and CONCACAF are going for the Prince too. After all CONCACAF already have to deal with the mess Jack Warner has left. The Wild Cards are going to be in Africa and Asia. I'm still curious to know where Japan, South Korea and China will go. Alan already noted that Australia going with Prince as rightfully so.
Trying to figure out with Kuwait, UAE, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Oman

Hypothetically speaking, what's to stop UEFA from breaking away from FIFA, similar to what the EPL teams did to the Football League, or conference realignment in the NCAA? I mean, other than the World Cup and things like FFP, it's not like UEFA's really dependent on FIFA for much of anything. Why not breakaway and fashion a new organization in your own image?

Hypothetically speaking, what's to stop UEFA from breaking away from FIFA, similar to what the EPL teams did to the Football League, or conference realignment in the NCAA? I mean, other than the World Cup and things like FFP, it's not like UEFA's really dependent on FIFA for much of anything. Why not breakaway and fashion a new organization in your own image?

$$$

the potential of a breakaway is there only if UEFA garner enough support from other organizations such as CONEMBOL, CONCACAF and the big boys in Asia, Japan, South Korea, Australia. TV rights and such will play big roles.

my gut tells me Blatter will get "re-elected" but there would be a push from UEFA to disband or perhaps there would be further enquiries and evidence that might force Sepp to resign.

$$$

the potential of a breakaway is there only if UEFA garner enough support from other organizations such as CONEMBOL, CONCACAF and the big boys in Asia, Japan, South Korea, Australia. TV rights and such will play big roles.
When you say money, you mean World Cup money? Would that really be that much of a difference maker? They could just hold Euro every 2 years to make up the shortfall.

I don't know, I'm just postulating a hypothetical because I'm part curious and part bored.

my gut tells me Blatter will get "re-elected" but there would be a push from UEFA to disband or perhaps there would be further enquiries and evidence that might force Sepp to resign.
Well, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to think we'll see some plea bargains in exchange for rolling higher ranking officials; in fact, I'm sure the DoJ's counting on it.

When you say money, you mean World Cup money? Would that really be that much of a difference maker? They could just hold Euro every 2 years to make up the shortfall.

I don't know, I'm just postulating a hypothetical because I'm part curious and part bored.

Hold the Euro's every 2 years and invite Brazil and the Argies

best of all worlds

not sure what I'm rooting for

an election

or reelection

I think the height of all comedy would be him winning easily

not sure what I'm rooting for

an election

or reelection

I think the height of all comedy would be him winning easily

My bros and I were just chuckling about him winning easily, could you imagine?

Someone has to have a betting line on this somewhere right? Would imagine Blatter is -500 or higher.

have you guys seen the list of 209 FIFA members??? It's all the countries no ones ever been to or heard about that will vote Blatter just so he keeps earmarking funds to go their way.

all the relevant FA's will vote the prince but it won't matter.

sepp gonna win this with ease

Someone has to have a betting line on this somewhere right? Would imagine Blatter is -500 or higher.

have you guys seen the list of 209 FIFA members??? It's all the countries no ones ever been to or heard about that will vote Blatter just so he keeps earmarking funds to go their way.

all the relevant FA's will vote the prince but it won't matter.

sepp gonna win this with ease

Bingo, we know the super powers are going to vote Prince but it's all those other tiny places that give him the key.

Not surprising at all

thats ok though

it will be more fun to watch Blatter get taken down when someone snitches on him when hes still president than it woulda been if he was the ex president

This FIFA vote venue looks like the room where world leaders plot in a James Bond movie.

I'm all for democracy in the sense of one man, one vote, but an organization in which England and Spain have the same amount of clout as Papua New Guinea and Swaziland is pretty much a joke. Should be more like the US Senate in terms of representation.

I mean if nothing changes and UEFA really has the balls to do it, the next logical step is for them to break away from FIFA, hook up with the US, Mexico and South America and form their own federation

FIFA would be dead within a year

Theyve talked a big game....lets see em follow through

I mean if nothing changes and UEFA really has the balls to do it, the next logical step is for them to break away from FIFA, hook up with the US, Mexico and South America and form their own federation

FIFA would be dead within a year

Theyve talked a big game....lets see em follow through
My guess is it's more posturing than anything else. If nothing else, FIFA probably just sweetens the deal and let's them have a bigger seat at the table like I was suggesting.

Still, it's intriguing to think about. Sort of like if the ACC and SEC decided to break away from the NCAA and form their own organization.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZOLMJ-sqOzs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:rofl:

Back