FIFA basically admits theyve dropped the ball...

they linked him with money moving, they had to have

this guy has the biggest ego in the world, no way he just steps down for the good of the game

Sepp Blatter: “Fifa’s interest are dear to me. That’s why I have taken this decision. What counts most for me, is the institution of Fifa and football around the world.”

Either that or he just really hates Prince Ali
that'd be something, to run make him lose only to know he's going to resign after the election and that they would form a committee to find his replacement

Taylor Twellman makes some really good points just now on Sportscenter

1) What makes us say that the Prince would have been any better? Yes, he may have been better, but what makes us say that
2) FIFA is bad not just because of Sepp Blatter, it's bad because of the organization as a whole

God it would be awesome to have a camera follow him around for the last week

I wonder how the blood pressure has changed

ABC says that Blatter is being investigated by the FBI

Lol real Breaking News there. He is all they want in the end. They arrested everybody else to raise the odds that one would flip on him. He's getting popped for something, and it'll be because one of his boys has hard proof and rats him out.

Lol real Breaking News there. He is all they want in the end. They arrested everybody else to raise the odds that one would flip on him. He's getting popped for something, and it'll be because one of his boys has hard proof and rats him out.

there is no way Sepp Blatter ever comes to the United States in his life again

This isn't Joe from down the street, this is Sepp Blatter. The guy is draped in teflon

Lol one of the Men in Blazers guys

"I frankly think that Prince Fielder would be a better choice then Prince Ali"

No matter what any these accusations say and so on this will continue not only in the game of soccer but in ALL SPORTS around the world.

These games are businesses and now-a-days people want to make that quick million.

What's funny to me is that this will NOT hurt the sport but will make it better..

Blatter is going to quickly move to a country where he can't get extradited. Russia will take him with open arms. He will probably die soon anyways, doesn't look very healthy. I doubt he is ever arrested

Sepp Blatter isn't moving to Russia. He will live in Switzerland the rest of his life

No matter what any these accusations say and so on this will continue not only in the game of soccer but in ALL SPORTS around the world.

These games are businesses and now-a-days people want to make that quick million.

What's funny to me is that this will NOT hurt the sport but will make it better..

They can easily make a quick million doing it legitamely

Vlad could set him up in the Olympic Village and Sepp would have the entire place all to himself.

True but I would bet every dollar I have Sepp doesn't move to Russia. Will never get charged either if I had to bet on it

If years of playing Call Of Duty and watching 24 have taught me anything, it's that there's nowhere you can run where the US won't eventually find you and bring you to justice.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TmoeZHnOJKA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

:flag:

I can see it now, the Americans swooping in during the middle of night like in Zero Dark Thirty and extracting Blatter from his room at the Zurich Motel 6.

pretty good point by Schapp

if there was a revote, Qatar could easily win it again

countries are looking towards 2026 now

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/footba...er-protect-itself-says-nzbased-exinvestigator

Fifa can no longer protect itself, says NZ-based ex-investigator

IAN RANSOM
Last updated 06:21, June 6 2015

The US-led investigations into corruption at Fifa have pierced the veil of secrecy that protected football's top power-brokers and more dominoes can be expected to fall, said a former investigator on the governing body's ethics committee.

Nicholas Davidson, a prominent lawyer and honorary president of New Zealand's football association, resigned from his role on Fifa's investigatory chamber before Swiss police arrested seven senior officials in Zurich last week.

While defending the work of the ethics committee and its "fearless" personnel, Davidson said the governing body's lack of transparency had set it up to fail.

"It strikes me from my observations of the people who work in the business, and I'm talking about ordinary employees, (they are) hugely skilful, talented people, and dedicated," Davidson said in a phone interview from Christchurch on Friday.
"Somewhere above that there is a veneer of people who make decisions who have the ability to intercept or be involved in some way in the vast money that goes around."

"Those people had been protected by that layer of, if you like, working together. Now that layer, that veneer, has been pierced. And so they will talk. People talk. As Prince William said, this is the 'Salt Lake City moment'. And I think we've just scratched it."

English FA president Prince William last week compared the Fifa scandal to the Salt Lake City Olympics corruption crisis that ultimately sparked deep reform of the International Olympic Committee and the bidding process for Games.

GARCIA REPORT

Davidson, who feels world football is going through a similar "sea-change", stressed he left Fifa due to a change in his professional life and not because of his work there or the unfolding scandal.

However, he said he nearly quit only months after starting work in earnest last October, following the departure ofFifaA's independent investigator Michael Garcia.

The former US attorney submitted a report of his 18-month investigation into the controversial bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups, which are now the subject of a probe by Swiss authorities. A summary of that report released by Fifa ethics judge Hans-Joachim Eckert in November found some impropriety by bid teams, but not enough to re-open the bidding process for the showpiece events due to be held in Russia and Qatar respectively.

Garcia, who complained the summary misrepresented his report, resigned in December after his appeal against Eckert's statement was rejected by a Fifa committee.

"At that stage I was going to step down, but I was persuaded there was much to be done from this report and that investigations would be open," said Davidson, who credited Cornel Borbely, chairman of the ethics committee's investigatory chamber, for talking him round.

FRUSTRATION

Davidson declined to comment on the scope of his work, only to say it was separate from the allegations swirling around the officials and media executives indicted last week.

Though he ultimately decided to stay on until recently, Davidson expressed his frustration that, as a member of the investigatory chamber, he was denied access to both Garcia's report and the American's appeal brief against Eckert's summary.

He said the report, still under wraps despite promises that it will be published, should be released so long as it would not prejudice any ongoing investigations or prosecutions.

"I'd come out with all the main areas of investigation where Garcia has pointed to there being illicit conduct. I think they need to be identified," he said.

Though the effectiveness of Fifa's ethics committee as an anti-corruption unit has been questioned by pundits, Davidson defended his former colleagues and said their hands were tied.

He said he urged Fifa to establish protocols with national law enforcement agencies to assist their work, having not found any in place during his tenure.

"I saw enough of Garcia and Borbely to realise they were both completely fearless and were working to the highest standards of investigation and interview techniques," he said.

"You can ask questions, what else can you do? You've got no investigation powers, you can't go and wire-tap. You can't do things a (law enforcement) investigations agency can do."

Oh lol

The vote for the hosting of the 2010 World Cup was actually won by Morocco and not South Africa, amid allegations that both countries offered bribes for FIFA votes, according to a report in The Sunday Times.
The newspaper, which has been at the forefront of the U.S. led investigation into corruption at FIFA which has seen 14 people indicted on charges of wire fraud, racketeering and money laundering, has released extracts from tapes that are being used to support the allegations that FIFA officials took bribes.
Ismail Bhamjee, a FIFA executive committee member from Botswana, allegedly said in the tapes that he conferred with his 23 other colleagues after the vote for 2010 which was won by South Africa by 14 votes to 10 in May 2004.

The paper reports, after talking with Michel Bacchini -- a former FIFA director who worked as a consultant to the Moroccan bid team -- that former FIFA vice-president Jack Warner accepted a $1 million bribe from Morocco, but then double-crossed them and voted for South Africa.
While Ahongalu Fusimalohi, the former FIFA ex-co member from Tonga, allegedly revealed in a different recording that Morocco offered him a $150,000 bribe for his vote which he refused but claimed that others had accepted.
Former Egypt sports minister Aley Eddine Helal has claimed that Warner wanted a bribe of $7 million in order to vote for Egypt in the vote, while South Africa's organised and serious crime unit said on Thursday that it was conducting a "preliminary" investigation into bribery allegations surrounding the 2010 World Cup bid.
Earlier, South Africa's sports minister Fikile Mbalula had "categorically" denied allegations that a $10 million sum paid to Warner in 2008 was a bribe for his help in securing the World Cup.
FIFA president Sepp Blatter announced his resignation on Tuesday amid the corruption scandal and will remain in his position until a special election can be held to appoint his successor in the next six months.

Sepp Blatter is considering staying on as FIFA president despite his resignation in early June, according to Swiss newspaper Schweiz am Sonntag.
The paper quoted an unnamed source close to Blatter as saying he "had received messages of support from African and Asian football associations" asking him to rethink his decision to step down.
Former FIFA governance adviser Michael Hershman had told ESPN's Jeremy Schaap earlier this month that he was also uncertain that Blatter would walk away.
<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowfullscreen="" title="Twitter Tweet" height="203" style="color: rgb(40, 42, 47); font-family: BentonSans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: medium; border-style: none; border-width: initial; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; display: block; position: static; visibility: visible; width: 500px;"></iframe>FIFA will set a date for the new presidential election next month. It is expected to take place on Dec. 16, although the European Parliament has urged 79-year-old Blatter to walk away immediately.
However, Schweiz am Sonntag said experts at FIFA doubted whether any of those vying to succeed Blatter, including former Brazil star Zico, could command a majority.
PR consultant Klaus J. Stohlker, who worked as Blatter's personal adviser from January to the end of May, told the newspaper: "It's hard to find someone who is equal to him.
"Blatter has built the organisation into a global, highly successful company, and he's a top diplomat. Blatter has a reasonable chance. It now depends on how he behaves in the coming months."
He added: "Blatter is the elected president at FIFA."
News of Blatter's reported rethink comes just days after FIFA's director of communications and public affairs Walter De Gregorio also announced his resignation from world football's governing body.
The paper reports that De Gregorio had been a leading voice in the clamour for a new start at FIFA, and that his differences with Blatter were insurmountable.
De Gregorio refused to comment when asked about those claims by Schweiz am Sonntag.
<figure style="margin: 44px -42.890625px 44px 0px; padding: 0px; position: relative; -webkit-transition: margin 0.25s; transition: margin 0.25s; color: rgb(40, 42, 47); font-family: BentonSans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: medium;">
i
<figcaption style="padding: 22px 0px 24px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(241, 241, 241); font-stretch: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px; font-family: BentonSans;">Domenico Scala has said Sepp Blatter must see through his resignation.</figcaption></figure>The independent chairman of FIFA's audit and compliance committee, Domenico Scala, has urged Blatter to stick with his plans to step down.
Scala, the official overseeing the next FIFA presidential election, said: "For me, the reforms are the central topic.
"That is why I think it is clearly indispensable to follow through with the initiated process of leadership change as it has been announced."
Scala set out the election process at FIFA headquarters on June 2, directly after Blatter's sudden resignation statement, and said significant work was required to "regain the trust of the public," including imposing term limits for the president.
Blatter has been portraying himself as leading that reform process on his Twitter account and through FIFA's internal media outlets.
i
[h=4]FIFA CRISIS[/h]- Blatter resigns presidency | $10m payment letter IDs Valcke
- What you need to know
| Social media reaction
- Timeline: FIFA crisis and election | Best social media reaction
- Blatter slams U.S. and UEFA | Election win sealed
- Marcotti: What's next? | Chaudhary: Ali unsettles Sepp
- FIFA officials arrested at dawn in Zurich | The defendants
- Blatter welcomes probe | IRS: more indictments likely
- Attorney general on corruption | Officials face extradition
- Munson: The legal implications | What has been said
- Explainer: FIFA's ugly game | Timeline of corruption

He used his column in the in-house weekly magazine to praise FIFA's handling of the worst crisis in the organisation's 111 years -- despite his leading adviser De Gregorio abruptly leaving on Thursday.
"The fact that our organisation continues to function smoothly and provides football with a firm foundation at this time of crisis makes me all the prouder," Blatter wrote on Friday.
Asked on Sunday whether Blatter was categorically ruling out standing in the new election, FIFA said: "We refer you to the remarks from FIFA President Blatter from 2 June. FIFA has no further comment."

On my phone so having in trouble posting( Gurv help me out)but interesting article about allegations that the Germans bought votes to get 2006 WC

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...he-2006-world-cup/?postshare=2711445008383566

Another day, another FIFA scandal. According to Der Spiegel, Germany paid out hefty under-the-table fees to members of the world soccer governing body’s executive committee to secure the 2006 World Cup.
The funds allegedly came from a slush fund worth more than $11 million set up by the German bid committee and contributed to by former Adidas CEO Robert Louis-Dreyfus, according to the report.
Per the Associated Press summary:
Spiegel says Louis-Dreyfus loaned the money as a private citizen to the bid committee before the awarding of the tournament on July 6, 2000. It was reportedly used to secure the votes of four Asian representatives on FIFA’a 24-member executive committee.
This is the latest in a string of scandals that has plagued the organization recently.
Last year, an independent ethics report penned by American attorney Michael Garcia concluded the bids for the 2018 and 2022 World Cup tournaments in Russia and Qatar, respectively, also suffered from corruption. Garcia resigned in protest, however, when FIFA refused to make the full reports public.
Then in May of this year, FIFA became the subject of its largest bribery scandal to date with the United States Justice Department indicting more than a dozen ex-FIFA executives and sports marketing professionals in connection to questions surrounding $150 million in funds.
FIFA President Sepp Blatter was not among those indicted, but U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch has hinted more arrests are coming.
[Is Sepp Blatter next? Lynch doesn’t say no.]
Meanwhile, Blatter is the subject of a separate Swiss criminal inquiry that alleges he mismanaged and misappropriated several million dollars in FIFA funds, including handing out an illegal payment to Michel Platini, the head of UEFA, European soccer’s governing body. Platini was also interviewed about the payment, which he maintains was fully authorized under the law.

Back