Fades

Grovehard

Pretty much a regular
This may be premature as there will be attrition and injuries this summer, but as I'm sure most of you have done over the years, I've found it profitable to identify potential fade teams early before the books realize just how awful they are. Examples over the last few years include: NM St., Tulane, Memphis, etc.

Has anyone identified any potentially fade worthy teams at this point?

twinkie and NOLA won't like me anymore, but I'm looking to go against LSU. Both lines and the entire defense depleted. They have recently been good at reloading certain positions or units, but reloading 4 units on the same team is a tall order by any standard.

I'm looking to go against KSU for obvious reasons, but it might be so obvious that there won't be any value in fading them.

I think Oregon is going to slowly taper off back to being just good instead of great over the next 2-4 years. Somewhat of a Chip Kelly thing, somewhat of a minor sanctions thing (if that happens), but mostly because I just think the glass ceiling has been reached. 4 BCS games with two wins is probably about as good as it gets. Even with a silly amount of resources for the program itself we just aren't a football crazed culture up here, and the expectations are not sustainable. I favor Stanford to win the division and conference.

I will look to go against Wisconsin even though I like the Anderson hire.

In the smaller conferences, I would think Kent has to be an obvious fade. Not necessarily NIU though.

I think North Texas will have issues in CUSA. That conference is all offense all the time. You have to be able to score some points to win and they have had a tough time scoring. They were young last year, so maybe that will help, but its just not the way that McCarney likes to play football.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nevada just falls off the map in MWC sans Ault. Lots of bettors didn't like him, but he did a lot for that program.

twinkie and NOLA won't like me anymore, but I'm looking to go against LSU. Both lines and the entire defense depleted. They have recently been good at reloading certain positions or units, but reloading 4 units on the same team is a tall order by any standard.

I'm looking to go against KSU for obvious reasons, but it might be so obvious that there won't be any value in fading them.

I think Oregon is going to slowly taper off back to being just good instead of great over the next 2-4 years. Somewhat of a Chip Kelly thing, somewhat of a minor sanctions thing (if that happens), but mostly because I just think the glass ceiling has been reached. 4 BCS games with two wins is probably about as good as it gets. Even with a silly amount of resources for the program itself we just aren't a football crazed culture up here, and the expectations are not sustainable. I favor Stanford to win the division and conference.

I will look to go against Wisconsin even though I like the Anderson hire.
I havent seen ratings for next year and such, but Id be a little careful here...new staff. I actually think they are gonna be very good next year and maybe get some favorable lines here and there...obv be a game to game situation....lookin at any in particular?

This may be premature as there will be attrition and injuries this summer, but as I'm sure most of you have done over the years, I've found it profitable to identify potential fade teams early before the books realize just how awful they are. Examples over the last few years include: NM St., Tulane, Memphis, etc.

Has anyone identified any potentially fade worthy teams at this point?

Im about to do my homework

i hate to say it...but Notre Dame might be one of those teams..

That would surprise me. Their defense will be comparable or better, offense can't possibly be worse. They were playing SEC donkey ball offense, imagine if you combine a Brian Kelly offense with that defense, they might actually blow people out instead of winning low-scoring ugly games. I guess this discussion is all relative to expectations though.

michigan state is ranked 14th according to SI after spring game article.

pure fade if this holds up with other publications though i doubt vegas that dumb.

Back