ESPN Handicapper Results--Week 9

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Best week of the year for SVP, excellent weeks for Stanford Steve and Phil Steele. Colin finally had a winning week. Bear has been so embarrassing--dead last on this board, dead last of any of the triple option pickers on daily wager, dead last on best bets of the week on Daily Wager--he has been sent to the D-League (he's also dead last in the D-league) to work on his game.

Phil Steele, Desmond Howard, and Fulghum got burned on the Gambler Killer of the Year-- the Clemson/Fla State game--and Connelly got the gift, so left Fulghum first in the D-League standings

The ML Dog pickers continue to amaze

Dropped Virtual Locks. They don't belong on a handicapping board

Stanford Steve— Week 9 (4-1) Season (26-22) Best Bet (3-2) 2020 Season (32-27)
Notre Dame -3 Win
Penn State +18 Win
Kansas +30.5 Lose
Fresno State +1 Win
Clemson -9.5 Win

Scott Van Pelt— Week 9 (6-1) Season (33-26)
2020 Season (42-39)
Florida +14 Lose
Wisconsin -3x Win
California +1x Win
Houston -x Win
Miss State +1x Win
N C State -6x Win
Washington +2x Win

Greg McElroy
Week 9 (1-2) Season (14-13)
S Diego State -1 Lose
Oregon State -1x Lose
BC/Syracuse u 50x Win

Phil Steele-- Week 9 (4-2) Season (33-31)
2020 Season (27-40)
Fla St +9x Lose
Okla/T Tech o 66x Win
BC +6x Lose
UCF -10x Win
Yale -1x Win
Richmond +3 Win

Colin Cowherd Blazing Five— Week 8 (3-2) Season (19-27)
2020 Season (35-37)
Buffalo (-14) Win
Indy (-2.5) Lose
NE (+4.5) Win
Jax (+3.5) Lose
NO (+4.5) Win

My Picks— Week 9 (3-3) Season (34-22)
2020 Season (48-31)
SMU +3 Lose
Iowa +3x Lose
Baylor ML Win
N Dame ML Win
CSU +2x Lose
Fresno St +1 Win

Gameday Super Dog Pick, Season Record

Desmond—Fla State Lose 6-3
Kirk—Miami Canes Win 6-3
Lee—V Tech Win 5-3-1
Reece—UCLA Lose 5-4
David—Mich St Win 4-5

Last edited:
ML DOG PICKERS:

Pamela Maldonado
Week 9 (0-0) Season (12-11)
(no picks this week)

Bill Trocci— Week 9 (3-0) Season (14-13)
Michigan State Win
Miami (Fla) Win
Virginia Tech Win

Zac Al-Khateeb Week 9 (1-2) Season (13-14)
Navy Win
Ole Miss Lose
North Carolina Lose

Bill Bender-- Week 9 (0-3) Season (9-18)

Temple Lose
Iowa Lose
Virginia Lose

ESPN D-League Pickers:

Tyler Fulghum
—Season 12-11
Florida St +10 Lose
Mizzou -16 Lose
Iowa +3x Lose

Joe Fortenbaugh
—Season 17-18
Mich/Mich St u 51Lose
Auburn -2.5 Win
Kentucky -1 Lose
Penn St/Ohio St U 61 Win

Bill Connelly
—Season 23-20
UCF -10x Win
North Texas +2.5Win
Clemson -10 Win
Hawaii +5.5 Lose
SMU +1 Lose

Doug Kezirian
—Season 18-19
Cincinnati -24x Lose
Oregon -24 Best Bet Lose

David M. Hale
—Season 12-14
Buffalo -13x Lose
Clemson -10 Win
Virginia +2.5 Lose

The Bear— Week 9 (1-5) Season (16-28)
2020 Season (25-21)
North Carolina +3.5 Lose
Georgia/Fla Over 51 Lose
Mississippi State +1.5 Win
Iowa State -7 Lose
Nebraska -7.5 Lose
Colorado State +2.5 Lose
Bank Picks— Week 8 (0-3) (12-15)

CSU +2x Best Bet of Week Lose
Nebraska -7x Lose
Iowa State -7x Lose

Collin got pretty lucky on Buffalo Bills. I had Miami at 15 and am pissed at pushing. I can't imagine having a worse number and losing that game.

All the Clemson lines at 10 push, just the 9.5 FSU lines lost and Clemson lines 9.5 win. Although, I'm sure if you laid 10 with Clemson it felt like a win.

SVP got me with fucking ncst.. in fairness to me that game was going bout exactly as we had hoped/lined it out right up until the time Cunningham got hurt. He stayed in the game cause he a tough SOB but they might have been better off had he went out? no idea if they have a capable backup and he is the entire offense to a degree but after he hurt his leg the game took a awful turn, he could no longer make plays with his legs and he wasnt able to step into throws so he became incredibly inaccurate.. i can own a loss, it happens, but still think ville getting 6.5 was easily the right side. Unfortunately after cunningham could no longer move the ball the defense simply wore down and the 4th qrtr turned into a disaster. At no point in that game leading up to the 4th did i think we were in danger of not covering, hell i thought ville was going to win for real, after the 1st drive of the game ncst offense couldnt do anything until the 4th!! Until the 4th i thought ville defense was every bit as good as i been saying they could be, ncst rb's once again didnt get enough touches but unlike the mia game i understood in this one as ville was totally bottling them up as neither averaged even 3 ypc!!

just a shitty game and way to lose, lot of that going around in the acc last week, anyone who had fsu i feel so bad for them (another fucking svp play was clemson i believe! maybe this all his fault as he had some Halloween devil magic working!).. ive taken a few losses over the years because one them stupid ass desperation throw it backwards, fumble it, etc etc plays.. this one was even worse than the others tho.. the kid who got the initial pitch had the whole play set up perfectly so had he simply turned up field and might have freaking scored! No damn clue wtf he was doing as soon as he got the pitch he turned the wrong fucking way! pretty rare you see that play set up so well where it just might have worked, they could have won the game which wouldnt have been a much more just result than svp getting another bs cover!! or maybe it was stanford steve on this one and svp on ncst? either way fuck them both!! lol

Fashion in which SMU lost was a kick in the nuts. I had them.

i couldnt believe that shit either, i watched most the end even tho i wasnt on.. after they tied i went to take a piss and come back to see they down 7.. lot of really bad beats this week..

vtech/gtech wasnt much better far as total, the yardage was there for hookies to score 40! mfers settled for 5 freaking fg attempts tho.. halloween weekend was spooky for me :( at least i got a few the later games and Fresno did exactly what we expected! always nice to hit the last game of night even if it wasnt a great day, especially if you the kind of degen who chases like a mofo!! lol

i couldnt believe that shit either, i watched most the end even tho i wasnt on.. after they tied i went to take a piss and come back to see they down 7.. lot of really bad beats this week..

There were a slew of NFL bad beats as well if you got involved with 1st H and 2nd H sides and totals. Those go more unnoticed unless you are on them.

Jones ran a kick back vs East Carolina. While they avoided him in 3 other KOs after that, they did punt to him atleast twice with the game on the line which is equally dangerous.

Honestly, sometimes coaches say things like "it's not about them, it's about us" as in, it doesn't matter who is returning kicks because if we do our job, nobody will return a kickoff on us. Fans, announcers we all think 'no way don't kick it to that guy' but coaches sometimes are just either stubborn or are trying to send a message to the team, that don't be afraid of that man or his ability because it sends a message he's better than you.

Fact of the matter is, some players are better and their ability is special and a lot of the players on your kick or punt team are ordinary and aren't in the right place at the right time.

There were a slew of NFL bad beats as well if you got involved with 1st H and 2nd H sides and totals. Those go more unnoticed unless you are on them.

Jones ran a kick back vs East Carolina. While they avoided him in 3 other KOs after that, they did punt to him atleast twice with the game on the line which is equally dangerous.

Honestly, sometimes coaches say things like "it's not about them, it's about us" as in, it doesn't matter who is returning kicks because if we do our job, nobody will return a kickoff on us. Fans, announcers we all think 'no way don't kick it to that guy' but coaches sometimes are just either stubborn or are trying to send a message to the team, that don't be afraid of that man or his ability because it sends a message he's better than you.

Fact of the matter is, some players are better and their ability is special and a lot of the players on your kick or punt team are ordinary and aren't in the right place at the right time.

i dunno if colts were a bad beat or just what i get for trusting Wentz? lol..

i think coaches often let their ego get in the way of smart decisions.

Another reason why I could never be a coach. I'd fire the guy responsible for that decision before we even got on the plane to go home.

With 17 seconds left and the game tied you NEVER kick to the end zone with a game breaker returning it. That is one of those propositions where there is only one side to it. No one has been fired which tells me either Sonny allowed it to happen or is so stupid he doesn't see anything wrong with it. I can forgive some things, but incompetence to that level is not acceptable

SVP got me with fucking ncst..
He would have gotten me too if I had played that game. I didn't watch any of it, but if the QB got hurt that explains a lot because as you say, he IS the offense

Didn't play any ACC game except the over on Pitt/Miami, but would have been wrong on every team except Syracuse and V Tech.

I'm amazed I'm still above .500 on the season, because I'm way off on so many teams. My one plus has been I've stayed disciplined and eliminated so many games I had an opinion on at the last minute and they turned out to be losers.

i dunno if colts were a bad beat or just what i get for trusting Wentz? lol..

I played 2nd H Under 26.5. Looking good late, could go to OT tied 24-24, that would be good. Or one team could win by TD in regulation, that would be good. Final minute or so they have 17 points in the 2nd H, I'm feeling pretty good. What's the worst that can happen now? Then Wentz does one of his two-or-three times a game dumb throws, this one a left handed lob as he is avoiding pressure in the EZ and it is picked off essentially in the EZ for a Titan TD. So now 24 points, Titans go up 31-24, ok, it's good, just don't let Indy go the length of the field and score a TD in the final minute. What happens? They go the length of the field in a minute and four seconds, of course, wait for it....aided by defensive pass interference in the EZ. Where would the Colts O be this year with out pass interference calls helping them down the field? 31 points busting the 2nd H under 26.5 with 2 TDs in the final 1:26 minutes after just 17 points in the first 28:34 minutes.

he stayed in but he wasnt effective at all from that point on. as i said no idea what their backup like but cant imagine it would have been a bad idea to play him as not only was cunningham unable to run much after that but his never great accuracy went to total shit as he was clearly struggling to plant. everything sailed on him then a few at guys feet when i assume he tried to adjust, i dunno if they got a 1st down in the 4th qrtr? really a shame, not just for my bet but i thought they probably win that game if he could do same things he did rest the way. ville deserves a better record than they have imo., some of that is on Satterfield, this week was just unfortunate..

I played 2nd H Under 26.5. Looking good late, could go to OT tied 24-24, that would be good. Or one team could win by TD in regulation, that would be good. Final minute or so they have 17 points in the 2nd H, I'm feeling pretty good. What's the worst that can happen now? Then Wentz does one of his two-or-three times a game dumb throws, this one a left handed lob as he is avoiding pressure in the EZ and it is picked off essentially in the EZ for a Titan TD. So now 24 points, Titans go up 31-24, ok, it's good, just don't let Indy go the length of the field and score a TD in the final minute. What happens? They go the length of the field in a minute and four seconds, of course, wait for it....aided by defensive pass interference in the EZ. Where would the Colts O be this year with out pass interference calls helping them down the field? 31 points busting the 2nd H under 26.5 with 2 TDs in the final 1:26 minutes after just 17 points in the first 28:34 minutes.

lol,, yea i watched. i needed the last indy td to cash my taylor to score a td prop, and obviously still had pretty good hope colts would win in ot until wentz did it again, mfer had Cox wide open waving his hands in air and the jerkoff ignores him and throws to i dunno who? one of titans safties was who!! everything about that pick 6 was awful, dunno why the fuck Riech calling a screen pass from the one yard line, that just seems really stupid, then the throw was obviously inexcusable Wentz at his best, just take the safety and ya prob still win!

The only thing that happened that wasnt totally self inflicted by Wentz or the play calling was before half when indy was up 14-7 and get a pick, guy starts to return it and tears his acl or some shit and falls down in pain and lets go the ball and they call that a fumble that titans recover!! i didnt understand that at all, i know you still live if you not touched but how that any different a situation than when a qb slides or another player gives himself up? i thought that was a incredibly ignorant call, had colts retained possession there they go into half up 17-7 or maybe 21-7, instead shockingly the very next play after the fuck job Brown goes 60 yards for a td to tie it at 14, that pretty much changed the game, colts still should have won but had that play been called fairly the lead might have been Wentz proof!! lol

the kid who got the initial pitch had the whole play set up perfectly so had he simply turned up field and might have freaking scored! No damn clue wtf he was doing as soon as he got the pitch he turned the wrong fucking way! pretty rare you see that play set up so well where it just might have worked, they could have won the game which wouldnt have been a much more just result than svp getting another bs cover!!
Agree 100%. That hook and ladder was set up a lot better than the one Boise St scored on against Oklahoma. Not even close. I was shocked when that kid turned around and ran back toward his own goal line. I don't know how anyone could be that dumb. Pee Wee league players are smarter than that. I've always heard Fla State has some of the dumbest players of any school, but I didn't know anyone could be that dumb

Some real interesting ACC games this week. V Tech at BC on Friday night, NC State laying 3 at Fla State, Clemson at The Ville,

You see anything in any of those games?

Agree 100%. That hook and ladder was set up a lot better than the one Boise St scored on against Oklahoma. Not even close. I was shocked when that kid turned around and ran back toward his own goal line. I don't know how anyone could be that dumb. Pee Wee league players are smarter than that. I've always heard Fla State has some of the dumbest players of any school, but I didn't know anyone could be that dumb

Some real interesting ACC games this week. V Tech at BC on Friday night, NC State laying 3 at Fla State, Clemson at The Ville,

You see anything in any of those games?

im really just getting started on card this afternoon and im bout to have to go run some errands than cook dinner for some ppl coming over so ill try to get back at it later tonight and start posting thoughts in the discussion thread.

far as ville/clemson gotta try and find out Cunningam's health, i have no doubt he will play but if he anything like last week after tweaking his ankle he probably shouldnt! he not even on the initial injury report i see which is freaking crazy, he is a tough sob but i dont see why he would even play if he as limited as last week? def cant play ville without knowing what he looks like, do we know anyone with access to their practices? lol.. maybe a game to live bet, should be able to tell really fast and i doubt live lines would adjust to that, if he sailing everything/not being able to plant or limping around grab tigers, if he looks to have the spring back in his step ville a good play.. Ville defense has showed us basically everything i been saying bout them the last few weeks, they way better than their stats would have ya believe. After ncst opening drive last week they couldnt muster much of anything till the 4th when ville wore down with the offense not being able to give them any kind of rest.. ncst made a little more effort to get their 2 stud rbs involved but ville wasnt having any part of it as neither way able to even get 3ypc!!! defense is incredibly underrated thanks to that brutal early season schedule of explosive offenses! when they face these average to bad offenses i expect them to continue looking good!! cant see clemson doing much of anything on offense. The other side the ball totally dependen. on Cunningham health

ill try to get back at it later tonight and start posting thoughts in the discussion thread.

Add Wake Forest/N Carolina when you get a chance. That may be the most intriguing of all and I like Wake SU, let along getting points, although the over may be the way to go

Add Wake Forest/N Carolina when you get a chance. That may be the most intriguing of all and I like Wake SU, let along getting points, although the over may be the way to go

That line is a bit confusing at 1st glance aint it? One team over achieving the other been a total disappointment! My 1st thought is I like hunts idea of playing wake team total over 37. Feel pretty good about them lighting it up per usual, not as confident in what unc will score but I Havnt looked closely yet. Most important thing is does wake have guys that can get pressure up front? I really don’t know, but that pretty much the key to causing unc problems cause their pass blocking is terrible!!

My 1st thought is I like hunts idea of playing wake team total over 37. Feel pretty good about them lighting it up per usual,
I like that idea too. Wake's defense is one of the weakest in the country. In the 100s in total defense and rushing defense. Pass defense is in the 60s, but I pay no attention to pass defense at all. All it means is that no one bothers to pass against you because you can't stop the run.

But they can score against anyone. N Carolina actually looked a little better on D against N Dame but I think that was because N Dame knew they could wear them down so the they kept it on the ground and leaned on them for three quarters, the blew them off the line in the fourth.

N Carolina actually looked a little better on D against N Dame but I think that was because N Dame knew they could wear them down so the they kept it on the ground and leaned on them for three quarters, the blew them off the line in the fourth.

UNC played good 4th Q on D I thought minus one run. ND ran 14att - 146y in the 4th Q, but that includes the 91y TD run. 13 other atttempts for 55y. UNC D held them to two FGs in the 4th and created a few 3rd and longs.

Game was just 31-27 before the 91y run (UNC couldn't wrap up for TFL and boom there he goes), then very next play Howell throws INT and ND turns a close game into 41-27 scoring 10 pts in less than 3minutes.

Back