• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

ESPN Handicapper Picks--Week 2

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Have Adam Kramer picks--he was the best last year and the best in Week 1--and a few others. Daily Wager didn't mention college football at all today, but did say they have added a Saturday morning edition of Daily Wager at 10 am Eastern. No mention of whether Greg McElroy is going to be on the show or whether he is even making picks this year.

Stanford Steve—(1-2) (2-2) Three Year Record (103-79)
Northwestern +1 Best Bet Win
Oklahoma/SMU o 69x Lose
Texas A&M Lose

The Bear—(2-3) (4-6) Three Year Record (98-89)

TXTECH +6.5 Lose
Cal +6.5 Win
USC -29 Win
NewMexicoState +11 Lose
Temple +9 Best Bet Lose

Scott Van Pelt—(6-6) (11-9) Three Year Record (164-125)

Baylor +8 Win
Nebraska +3 Lose
Troy +16x Lose
NC State +7x Lose
Tulane +7x Lose
Rice +9x Win
Texas Tech +6x Lose
E. Mich +20x Win
So Miss +31 Lose
Wash St +6 Win
Arizona +9 Win
California +6x Win

Other Pickers:
Adam Kramer—(1-7) (7-10) (75-52)

N C State +7x Lose
UTSA -13 Lose
Texas Tech +6x Lose
Nebraska +2x Lose
Purdue +3 Win
Auburn/Cal o 54 Lose
Miss State/Ariz o 60x Lose
North Texas -12x Lose

Colin Cowherd Blazing Five—(0-5) Three Year Record (94-100)

Pittsburgh +2x Lose
Indy +4x 24-23 Lose
NE +4x 26-27 Lose
LAC -3 28-23 Lose
NYG +3x 27-24 Lose

Phil Steele—(4-3) (6--5) 2020-21 Total (80-89)

Bama -7 Lose
MTSU +21 Win
Ark State +21x Lose
S Alabama -16x Win
Tennessee -41x Lose
Bowling Green -16x Win
N Dame -7x Win

My Picks— (4-2) (4-4) Teasers (1-1) Three Year Record (150-97)

Haven’t had time to look at all of them, but lean Texas Tech and Boise St. Lean Colorado because the Nebraska QB was the worst QB I saw in Week 1. He now has a 4-year career record of 35 tds, 32 picks. That’s not even good enough for high school.
Colorado -2x Win
Texas Tech +6x Lose
Boise State +3x Win
Texas A&M -3 (I think this will be -2x by game time) Lose
Lean to Ole Miss, Texas, USC. Will wait till game time on those
Ole Miss -7 Win Ole Miss -7x 2x Win
Two teasers: N Dame/Bama Lose, Boise/USC Win

ESPN D-League Pickers:

Joe Fortenbaugh— (0-4) (1-6) Two Year Record (45-41)
Bama -7 Lose
Texas Tech + Lose
USC/Stanford o 69x Lose
N C State Lose

Matt Millen--(2-1)

Colorado -2x Win
N Dame -7x Win
Bama -7 Lose

Dalen Cuff--(1-2)

Colorado -2x Win
NC State +7x Lose
Bama -7 Lose

Last edited:
Here is Bet the Board Podcast for Week #2. They are 1-0.

If you go back and read their analysis for Week #1 on the other games, they were pretty spot on in NC Vs SoCar, ECU vs Michingan and Duke Vs Clemson and others.

Illinois @ Kansas: First time these 2 teams have played in 55 years. Payne focused on Jayhawk QB J Daniels who did not play week #1. Is he playing this week? If so, “will he be able to push ball down the field against a new Illini secondary?” He seemed skeptical, but hopeful. He then made the point that Illini lost all 4 starters from last year in the D secondary and 3 of those were taken in top 66 of NFL draft. Payne said: “I have not bet this game, it is an information game to me.” Brad Powers said Illini O and D lines both played poorly week #1. He also mentioned that Kansas will be @ home and have an extra day to prepare over the Illini. Payne mentioned this too. No selection but sounds like a Jayhawk lean but no enthusiasm.

N.D. @ NC State: ND has +92 point differential in 1st 2 games. Game kicks off at Noon EST. What will happen if ND faces any adversity? – none in either game so far. Powers says ND O “has exceeded expectations.” Hartman “is an NFL QB.” Clock management is exceptional. Powers (as a ND fan) says: “I am not concerned when Hartman is under center.” Powers thinks ND’s has “two of the better O tackles in the country.” Also, ND can run the ball, but their defense is still a concern. Payne also thinks ND O has exceeded expectations. Payne thinks that NCState’s defense will have difficulty and noted their performance against UConn against the rush. Payne thinks the ND O line is “arguably best unit on the team.” Payne says “somewhere btw 7.5 and 9 is the proper line.” Payne: “NCState D down a touch, ND offense substantially up, ND defensive line has yet to be tested.” In discussing O/U they seemed skeptical and Powers added “hard to take the Over when I have seen no explosives with NCState.

Wisky @ WAZZU: Second straight week where we have seen line move against WAZZU. Line opened Wisky -3 and now -6? Wazzu won last year 17-14. Payne metioned Mordeci QB for Wisky struggles again in first game and Wisky does not have the pieces to be able to go pass heavy – saw that in the 1st game agst Buffalo. Wisky has to run and has the backs to do so. Wazzu has an interior D line that Wisky can run against. “To me run right at Wazzu right up the middle.” Wazzu has severe question marks on D line and linebacker.

TX A&M vs Miami: Last year’s meeting was horrible 17-9 A&M victory but Miami won in stat dept. A&M has lost 6 straight road games. A&M QB Wegner threw 5 TD passes 1st week. Payne says Petrino has clearly had influence at quicker pace of play. “The biggest factor is up front with their O line”- can they give Wegner time? Payne seems to think Miami D line will be “interesting” and A&M O line “struggled” agst New Mexico. Payne concerned re Miami secondary. Both teams played inferior competition week #1. Powers is “optimistic on Miami’s ability to have success in this game….and Miami QB Van Dyke looks better with receiver Restrepo in the line up.” Powers was complimentary of all Miami offense position players. He thinks that A&M defense is not as good as you’d hope. The loss of Mike Elko as defensive coordinator has hurt A&M. Payne thinks that the line move down to A&M -5 is a good move. “This year’s Miami is better than last year’s Miami.” Sounds as if they had a plan to bet OVER 46.5 , but plans were ruined at 51. Also kinda seems they like Miami, certainly not A&M

Oregon vs TX Tech: PAC 12 was undefeated week #1. Oregon scored 81 agst Portland State. Oregon has not beat a BIG12 team in almost a decade (2013 Alamo Bowl) and only their second road game agst BIG12 opponent dating back to 2004 agst OU.Payne: “This is one of the most interesting handicap games of the week. How much you downgrade Tech and/or up Oregon? How much bump Tech for night home game? Then Tech QB Shough was told he was not good enuf to play at Oregon. Tech D coordinator let go by Oregon.” Payne thinks Tech may have problems on early downs. Payne thinks there is going to be a pro bettor battle in this game. Powers was not impressed with Tech defense at all…he thinks that if Week #1 was their standard, they will not look good this week. Bo Nix on the road a concern for Oregon

NMexState @ Liberty: Powers thinks there is value with NMexState +10.5.

Longhorns @ Bama: Saban 28-2 agst ex assistants. First time these 2 teams played in Tuscaloosa since 1902. Bama intel is that there is concern re Milroe at QB for Bama. Payne is “high on Texas D coordinator.” Evidently, there may have been some bulletin board material by a Texas D back re Milroe “Make him throw the ball.” Payne says Bama “O line struggled agst MTSU…different game here.” He says “there are underlying metrics of concern and he’s not surprised the total has slipped below the key # of 55.” Powers and Payne like Texas’ Defense. Injury concerns for Bama Defensive secondary!! Powers concerned re Ewers. He says last year “he went from very good to bad.” Texas has the receivers, but worried re Ewers.Powers also thinks Texas run game has suffered more than even he thought it would with loss of Bijon. He also thinks Texas O Line did not look good agst Rice. Powers also “not overwhelmed with Bama D…exception Jalon Key looked great but he’s day to day along with defensive back named Moore.” Powers made “a pizza bet" on Bama -7.”

PICK OF WEEK: Ole Miss -7 or less.
I only see a -7.5. Payne likes Ole Miss D coordinator and Kiffin’s offense against Tulane. It sounded as if they had planned on taking A&M Miami OVER 46.5 as pick of the week, but the line ran away from them.

Last edited:

Clay Travis NCAA Week #2

Season: 12-6

Vandy @ Wake OVER 57.5: LOSE
These nerds can score points. But they can also give up a bunch of points because like nerds throughout history — the Maginot Line ring a bell? — they don’t play great defense. Which means this is a perfect over. Vandy gave up 28 to Hawaii and 13 points to Alabama A&M. Meanwhile Wake Forest gave up 17 to Elon last week. What happens Saturday in Winston-Salem? Both teams score 30. Even if you’re not a nerd, you can do basic math — that’s 60 points. And you don’t need to solve for the hypotenuse to know that’s a winning ticket.

Neb +3.5 @ Colorado LOSE
Last Thursday night Nebraska had a heartbreaking collapse to lose at Minnesota. Meanwhile Deion Sanders is still trash talking over the Buffs win at TCU. So why, pray tell, am I taking the devastated team to cover against the surging team? Because college football isn’t all momentums, it’s matchups too. Sometimes a loss makes you focus better than a win. And while I’m tempted to take Nebraska outright, I’ve seen them snatch defeat from the jaws of victory too many times over the past yeawr to do that.
But take Nebraska plus more than the inevitable heartbreaking field goal that Colorado will kick to win on the final play of the game? Sure.

A&M -4.5 @ Miami LOSE
Prediction: The Aggies will have more fans than Miami on Saturday in Miami. I’m not even joking. Miami may have to use a silent count on offense. The Aggies with Bobby Petrino on the offensive controls are the more talented and better team than the Hurricanes by a substantial margin. I think they roll into South Florida and win by double digits. Howdy, take the Aggies.

Iowa @ IowaSt OVER 36.5 LOSE
I know. I know. Trust me, I know. I’m taking the over in an Iowa game — against another Iowa team no less — and if this game ends 10-7 like last year’s game then I’m going to feel like an absolute idiot. But the CyHawk Bowl is going to feature an offensive explosion this year. 21-20 will be the final score. And you’ll be dancing in the cornstalks like Shoeless Joe Jackson because you’ll have hit the over no matter who wins.

UNLV +36.5 @ Mich WIN
The Wolverines weren’t that impressive in week one. And I don’t think they’ll be that impressive in week two either. I like Barry Odom, a former defensive coordinator, with a couple of weeks to take on a relatively pedestrian offensive attack from Michigan. I’m not saying it’s close, but I’m saying the Running Rebels cover by double digits. Call it 38-14 Michigan, which gives you an easy cover.

Ole Miss @ Tulane OVER 64.5 LOSE
This game is going to end with a bunch of Ole Miss fans still passed out in the French Quarter. “Riley, wake up, the Rebs are already playing.” “Stop punching me, Taylor, I promise daddy already booked us at Commander’s Palace tonight.” “Have y’all seen, Kelly?”(Fun fact, every Ole Miss fan has names that could be used by either men or women. And it won’t matter here, both sexes will still be drunk.) But as long as they took the over, they can go right back to the hurricanes on Bourbon Street.
Because this one is hitting 80+.

Kent St @ Ark -37.5 LOSE
Everyone has forgotten that Arkansas returns KJ Jefferson. Seriously, even you’re reading this right now and you’re like, “Wait, he’s still there? He’s pretty good.”
Yep, KJ just does what KJ does, puts up four touchdowns a game and goes right back into northern Arkansas oblivion every week. This week Kent State gives up another fifty. Last week it was UCF, this week it’s Arkansas. The Razorbacks win by 45, KJ posts five touchdowns, and then vanishes into the Ozarks for another week.

Oregon @TxTech OVER 66.5 WIN
I feel like Texas Tech is the king of teams that play great games and no one pays attention to them. And this game has all the hallmarks of a 45-42 shootout that everyone forgets is actually being played. Also, to be fair, can we talk about the fact that Texas Tech was so bad on defense that PATRICK FREAKING MAHOMES had a losing record there. Do you know how hard this is to pull off? You’ve got the greatest quarterback of his generation and he had a losing record in college?!
We really need a deep dive on all of this. Anyway, Texas Tech hasn’t played defense in the 21st century. Which is convenient because Oregon hasn’t either. The result?
The over cashes.

Appy State +18.5 @ UNC OVER 58.5 WIN & WIN
Did someone at Appalachian State catch someone at North Carolina committing a murder and agree not to turn them in so long as UNC played App State every year in football? That’s the only reason I can explain why UNC keeps playing App State. Because UNC has won by two and lost by three in the past four years and here they are playing another game. And now you’re telling me that UNC, fresh off a huge win over South Carolina to start the season, is going to be ready to roll against App State? I just don’t buy it. Also, if I’m wrong about this, App State just gave up 24 points to Garder Webb. Admittedly, I’m not an expert on Gardner Webb football, but if you gave up 63 to UNC last year and 24 to Gardner Webb this year, it feels like the over is a good play too. So, boom, App State and the over.*
(*Both of these bets cash with ease or both of them get crushed. There’s no middle ground here. This is gambling science, everyone knows I’m right. This always happen when you take two sides of a non-major game.)

Texas +7 @ BAMA WIN
At some point in time, Steve Sarkisian has to win a truly big game at Texas. Last year he should have beaten Alabama and he almost did it even with Quinn Ewers knocked out of the game. In fact, but for the electric play of Bryce Young late, Alabama would have lost in Austin. I know Jalen Milroe had a good game against MTSU, but at some point the absence of Bryce Young is going to show up. I think that happens on Saturday in Tuscaloosa and Texas covers and has a chance to win late.
Hook’em +7

SMU @ OU OVER 69.5 LOSE
Last week Oklahoma scored over 70 against Butch Jones and Arkansas State. This week SMU, one of the newest members of the ACC, rolls into Norman and we have ourselves an old fashioned shoot out. The over’s the play.

AZ @ Messy -9 LOSE
Truth: I still can’t believe Mike Leach is gone. I loved Leach. He would have been crushed to hear Jimmy Buffett died and I know Key West in particular is still mourning both guys. I’m sorry to interject some seriousness in the picks, but I really do miss the Pirate. But in much less serious news the team he left behind in Starkvegas is pretty talented and Will Rogers is still there too. And I think they come out and roll Arizona on Saturday. Hail State for the cover.

Auburn @ CAL OVER 54.5 LOSE
The right reverend Hugh Freeze put up 50+ for Auburn on Saturday and I think he dictates pace on the road against Cal as well. Plus, Cal scored 58 in week one.
This line is way too low which means, yep, it’s time, tap the vein boys and girls, for the blood bank guarantee. The over cashes faster than a prime sidewalk spot gets defecated on in the Bay Area.

Last edited:
Season: 10-8
Week Zero: 1-2
Week #1: 9-6

My Picks Week #2:
Notre Dame -7 -120 WIN
Maryland -24 -110 LOSE
NMexSt +10.5 -110 LOSE
Ole MISS -7 -120 WIN
Teaser A&M +1/OU-11 LOSE
USC -17 1H -110 WIN
Arkansas -38 -110 LOSE
UCLA/SDST UNDER 48.5 WIN
Aub/Cal OVER 55 LOSE
Utah -4.5 Live WIN
UNDER 61.5 in OleMiss/Tulane LIVE WIN

Last edited:

Record 2-3, Best Bet 1-0

Bear reiterates that he has personally bet all his selections

Week #2: A lot of these numbers are gone

TXTECH +6.5
LOSE Bear bets the number, the situation, the motivation (Tyler Schough) and Lubbock location of game. Bear's sidekick disagrees.
Cal +6.5 WIN Bear thinks Cal "looks like a competent football team." Auburn has injuries of concern and "this has all the feel and look of a PAC 12 after dark special."
USC -29 WIN USC will score at least 50. Hawaii threw 350 yds on Standford with no running game threat. USC has next week off. USC absolutely rolls.
Temple +9 LOSE Bear not impressed with either team. But, Rutgers still has offense problems and Temple D will give them problems. Will not be surprised to see a Temple win
NewMexicoState +11LOSE Bear views Liberty's win as fortunate, "more bad Bowling Green than good Liberty." Bear likes Padilla QB for New Mexico State. 11 points too much.
Best Bet: Temple +9

Sidekick Schwartz Best Bet: 0-1

This week - OVER 69.5 Stanford @ USC LOSE

@2daBank Bear discusses his travel.

Last edited:
SVP Winners (12 picks this week)

Baylor +8
Nebraska +3
Troy +16x
NC State +7x
Tulane +7x
Rice +9x
Texas Tech +6x
E. Mich +20x
So Miss +31
Wash St +6
Arizona +9
California +6x

Record 2-3, Best Bet 1-0

TXTECH +6.5
Bear bets the number, the situation, the motivation (Tyler Schough) and Lubbock location of game. Bear's sidekick disagrees.
Cal +6.5 Bear thinks Cal "looks like a competent football team." Auburn has injuries of concern and "this has all the feel and look of a PAC 12 after dark special."
USC -29 USC will score at least 50. Hawaii threw 350 yds on Standford with no running game threat. USC has next week off. USC absolutely rolls.
Temple +9 Bear not impressed with either team. But, Rutgers still has offense problems and Temple D will give them problems. Will not be surprised to see a Temple win
NewMexicoState +11 Bear views Liberty's win as fortunate, "more bad Bowling Green than good Liberty." Bear likes Padilla QB for New Mexico State. 11 points too much.

This week - OVER 69.5 Stanford @ USC

Why am I not surprised! Honestly the only thing that kept me listening to Steve and bear was Steve often had some really good nuggets bout his former team, plus pods help me fall asleep better than falling asleep w otv on, unfortunately they dont do any good far aa preventing my body from twitching so hard I wake back up! to wake, or even worse when I do get into a deep sleep lallegedly my really crazy side comes out where I been known to very violent. The only proof I have is the times I’ve woke up cause I elbowed the girl sleeping w me hard enough to wake me (those make me feel so bad!), or my room is destroyed, the times in prisons I kicked or hit the metal bunk so hard it left a crazy brooks and freaked the guy sleeping above me out! They are always nice bout it, usually just asking if I was ok, then the time where by time I came to and had any clue where I was I noticed this old guard was standing Back a good 5-6 feet looked looking scared to death with his hand in his gun! All I could say was whatever happened sir I promise I have no clue, I have no intention of trying to hurt you and now I’m actually here so you have nothing to be worried about. In the future I wouldn’t recommend putting your hands on me while I’m alseefp as I’m gonna guess that musta been what happened. To have you looking very worried and me explaining whatever it was wasn’t me, it was the devil and he gone now. I tried telling them when I got there and requested they put me on a bottom bunk asap cause there no question. the best thing that can come pf that is I won’t break my neck when I’m having hight terrors or whatever ya wanna call them!!

Sorry for the king story, just meant to say listening to bear complain bout not getting much sleep cause his travel schedule often made me turn the channel. Ugly mofo has no business being on tv or getting paid to pick games so just stfu bout how brutal it is your “job” can be! Who’s cock he suck to ever be part of game day and I guess now fox show, he ain’t a terrible capper but there plenty guys here that better and can’t be any uglier or slobbish looking!

Added Colin Cowherd picks from lb49ers. I had them wrong earlier.
Pittsburgh +2x Predicted score 24-23
Indy +4x 24-23
NE +4x 26-27
LAC -3 28-23
NYG +3x 27-24

Last edited:
Added Colin Cowherd picks. I seem to recall he said he was through laying points in the NFL. Couldn't tell it by these picks:
49ers -2x
Jags -4x
Eagles -4x
Chargers -3
Cowboys -3x
Tahoe...I have the following for Cowherd's Blazing 5:

Indy +4x 24-23
NE +4x 26-27
LAC -3 28-23
NYG +3x 27-24

Indy +4x 24-23
NE +4x 26-27
LAC -3 28-23
NYG +3x 27-24
Okay, thanks. You've always been right on his picks, so I trust you more than the guy who sent those other picks to me. Looks more like his usual picks too

Added Stanford Steve picks from the Reece Davis podcast. Not sure all of them are his official picks he'll make Saturday morning.
Cal +6x
Texas Tech +6x
Arizona +9x
Baylor +8
N C State +7x
USC/Stanford o 69x
Oklahoma/SMU o 69x

Added Phil Steele picks
Phil Steele—(2-2) 2020-21 Total (80-89)
Bama -7
MTSU +21
Ark State +21x
S Alabama -16x
Tennessee -41x
Bowling Green -16x
N Dame -7x

Added my picks
Colorado -2x
Texas Tech +6x
Boise State +3x
Texas A&M -3 (I think this will be -2x by game time)
Lean to Ole Miss, Texas, USC. Will wait till game time on those

Good luck to all

Indy +4x 24-23
NE +4x 26-27
LAC -3 28-23
NYG +3x 27-24

I love Steelers and giants, I’d prob have been on colts if they didn’t turn the Taylor situation into a shit show. way to help out your young qb, throw away his best weapon over a couple mil! him running that Philly offense with Taylor I’m pretty sure wouida been most talented rb I ever seen play in it, they coulda been a real handful with Taylor getting to run with a numbers advantage in the blocking game. Maybe this just speaks how insanely expensive it has gotten to pay street prices for pills, Damn nfl owner can’t sign his best player cause it would cut into his habit! Tough times!

Miami/chargers prob not a play for me. I been one the few ppl who has never slobbered over the chargers and prob never will until they stop being so cheap and fire one of the worst coaches n the least. You made the mistake of hiring him, suck it up and fix it. Or maybe they see it like why pay this clown to sit at home when we clearly have no ability to pick a good coach! I don’t think keller Moore coming in to call the offense might help a bit. They problem is Staley side the ball is defense and his defensive philosophy is flat out ignorant along with his stupid little chart that tells him when Making a stupid desisujn will increase his chances of winning! It’s his magic chart. He not the only hack coach with one but he believes in those magic beans more than the rest!

Seems like lot of cappers like ncst. I understand SVP on them as he is the ultimate contrarian and I’m sure Irish will be taking plenty of square money, sure i prefer being on the less popular side but I need more than that, it really don’t even bother me so much when I’ve seen a lot of guys playing ncst and i just don’t get it. I don’t care that Irish have looked good playing teams they had a huge talent edge over, I don’t really care ncst looked like generally the same boring dog shit against ucon.

This what important to me::

I’ve heard ppl suggest ncst was holding back to not show anything vs ucon and I can buy that. It probably true, personally I think if they actually have a scary offense they shoulda tested it out!!!! Anyways I don’t need to see ncst offense at it best to be pretty confident what it is or that the Irish d can pretty much shut it down cause I’ve seen a very similar variation of it w a pretty similar tough running lack of arm talent qb running it, and I watched the Irish hold that offense to under 300 yards last season!! Irish know all they really have to do is take away Armstrong rushing which I’d think they have someone plenty athletic enough to do the job as a spy, jump all over the short shit passes cause it not real likely Armstrong beating anyone over r free unless it comes of him running around and a coverage gets busted!! I don’t think there much of any chance ncst offense sniffs 300 yards and if they score more than 17 I’d be kinda surprised.

Far as Irish offense we can dismiss the 2 cakewalk games where Hartman looked great but I’m pretty confident he is gonna continue being great! He played in what I think one the most redic offenses in footfall his entire career! That slow mesh, the fact it worked i think a huge testament to Hartman he was able to hang in those muddied pockets w defenders baring down on him practically every time he threw the ball!!! He stood in and delivered balls on the money. Now he finally gets to play in a legitimate offense where the run game and oline will give him clean pockets to do his thing and his thing looks pretty good! Sure ncst has a pretty goobut can they deal w what now that a qb in place a vey compete nd offense with a very high end qb to component the run game? And how long will that Wolfpack d hold up while their offense has them on the field for long stretches?

Square me up cause the only path i see to ncst staying within 7 is to make this another shitfest type game. I think the more likely scenario is Irish hang 30+ on way to a dd win.

Seems like lot of cappers like ncst. I understand SVP on them as he is the ultimate contrarian and I’m sure Irish will be taking plenty of square money, sure i prefer being on the less popular side but I need more than that, it really don’t even bother me so much when I’ve seen a lot of guys playing ncst and i just don’t get it. I don’t care that Irish have looked good playing teams they had a huge talent edge over, I don’t really care ncst looked like generally the same boring dog shit against ucon.

I’ve heard ppl suggest ncst was holding back to not show anything vs ucon and I can buy that. It probably true, personally I think if they actually have a scary offense they shoulda tested it out!!!! Anyways I don’t need to see ncst offense at it best to be pretty confident what it is or that the Irish d can pretty much shut it down cause I’ve seen a very similar variation of it w a pretty similar tough running lack of arm talent qb running it, and I watched the Irish hold that offense to under 300 yards last season!! Irish know all they really have to do is take away Armstrong rushing which I’d think they have someone plenty athletic enough to do the job as a spy, jump all over the short shit passes cause it not real likely Armstrong beating anyone over r free unless it comes of him running around and a coverage gets busted!! I don’t think there much of any chance ncst offense sniffs 300 yards and if they score more than 17 I’d be kinda surprised.

Far as Irish offense we can dismiss the 2 cakewalk games where Hartman looked great but I’m pretty confident he is gonna continue being great! He played in what I think one the most redic offenses in footfall his entire career! That slow mesh, the fact it worked i think a huge testament to Hartman he was able to hang in those muddied pockets w defenders baring down on him practically every time he threw the ball!!! He stood in and delivered balls on the money. Now he finally gets to play in a legitimate offense where the run game and oline will give him clean pockets to do his thing and his thing looks pretty good! Sure ncst has a pretty goobut can they deal w what now that a qb in place a vey compete nd offense with a very high end qb to component the run game? And how long will that Wolfpack d hold up while their offense has them on the field for long stretches?

Square me up cause the only path i see to ncst staying within 7 is to make this another shitfest type game. I think the more likely scenario is Irish hang 30+ on way to a dd win.
I agree. People I respect on this site, and have far more abilities than I do, like NCState too. I was tempted to cancel my ND -7 pick. I am sticking with it.

I'm with you. I see why so many cappers like N C State, and so many are on them the Irish are the contrarian side now. I'm tempted by the Irish in this one the same as you and Bones are, but I'm already laying points on the road with Ole Miss and aTm.

I added Ole Miss -7x. I liked them anyway and was just waiting to see if they might go down to -7, but the news is starting to leak out that Pratt is banged up and I figured I'd better get on this one before it goes the other way.

I agree. People I respect on this site, and have far more abilities than I do, like NCState too. I was tempted to cancel my ND -7 pick. I am sticking with it.

Oh I have a ton of respect for few the guys I’ve seen on ncst, that ok tho, wouldn’t be any fun if we always agreed and saw things the same way!! Doesn’t mean I think any less of anyone and who better never anything I’m concerned with. There have been many times any number of guys around here have totally changed my mind on a game bringing up great points I hadn’t thought of., there others I feel more than strongly enough in hod I think a game will go or that I can see my side winning a bunch of ways where I think there is a path for the other side and it possible it could go that way I just don’t see it if we get both teams best. Honestly everyone on both sides should be glad there some disagreement cause one thing I have noticed over the years, the ones we all agree on for some reason don’t work out real often!! Lol

FWIW - I really want to take Bama. I will restrain myself
I have a lean to Bama myself. Not sure about the new QB, although he ran wild against Arkansas last year and saved the game for them, so I solved the problem by taking N Dame on a teaser with Bama.

I have no idea why I am not on Utah -7 now except for time of game and in Waco. I may be betting it LIVE if opportunity presents

You guys like bama huh? I dunno if I’ll even play that game or maybe I find a prop instead but for me it texas or nothing, if it was a neutral site if be on horns ml, as is 7.5 feels like too many considering before Ewers left I thought it was obvious horns were the better team and even more importantly the guy who willed bama to victory that day is now in the NFL and I’m still not real sure bout the kid playing qb now!

added some late game totals on UCLA and Cal games

UCLA/SDST UNDER 48.5
Aub/Cal OVER 55

FWIW my most confident wager of the day is USC -17 1H; let's see how that works out

I like ol Pisa also but that just screams prop gane to me (when I finally look! Lol).

I actually lean canes but I think that total might prove to be super low! I expect there gonna be quite a few plays run in that game for a total of 51.!!

You guys like bama huh? I dunno if I’ll even play that game or maybe I find a prop instead but for me it texas or nothing, if it was a neutral site if be on horns ml, as is 7.5 feels like too many considering before Ewers left I thought it was obvious horns were the better team and even more importantly the guy who willed bama to victory that day is now in the NFL and I’m still not real sure bout the kid playing qb now!
I played UT +7. So Bama probably rolls

UCLA/SDST UNDER 48.5
Aub/Cal OVER 55

FWIW my most confident wager of the day is USC -17 1H; let's see how that works out

Chip bitching about the clock. Sdsu always offensively challenged. Seems high to me. This was my first click this week.

UCLA/SDST UNDER 48.5
Aub/Cal OVER 55

I love the cal/aub over. Think I brought it up in discussion thread at beginning the week. Cal over last week was one the easiest bets we ever get, I love when a formerly crap offense radically changes to a up tempo attack! We usually get several weeks of slam dunk overs till they fully adjust! Just look at how many plays got ran in cal game last week! Anyone think auburn gonna try and slow it down? I don’t!! 55 seems way low, I think both teams score 30+

I played UT +7. So Bama probably rolls

Thanks for the warning, lol. There no way I could play bama here which feels really weird to say! The only reason im not super excited to play texas, other than fact betting against bama hasn’t exactly been a great idea thru the years, with coach stark it pretty much the opposite, every time I want to like and trust his team he comes up w a terrible coaching job! Whether it his players just not ready to play or him doing some inexplicably stupid shit for w guy I think usually a very good offensive mind!! If it wasn’t the coaches being who they are and it being bama in bama I’d feel way better bout it cause honestly I’m not sure bama better than horns.

Don’t think I mentioned it in here, wrote a lot about it in the dog thread and maybe discussion but I freaking love cincy today. Them getting a td is a joke, I honestly think they could end up being a lot better than put. At worst I think they right in the jumbled mix of all the big12 teams below texas and maybe Sooners (no clue bout them yet). Point being pitt wouidnt be td favs over k-st, okie st, ku, baylor, etc etc . Imo cincy on that level and they are in fact a big 12 school. Pitt been in a downward spiral ever since pickett left then Nardizzi went back to his preferred style of 1950s football! I really don’t think pitt will be able to push around bearcats front 7 who still has some solid holdovers. I think Emory Jones is a bigger stronger cunnimgham and fits satterfiekds offense perfectly!

Don’t think I mentioned it in here, wrote a lot about it in the dog thread and maybe discussion but I freaking love cincy today. Them getting a td is a joke, I honestly think they could end up being a lot better than put. At worst I think they right in the jumbled mix of all the big12 teams below texas and maybe Sooners (no clue bout them yet). Point being pitt wouidnt be td favs over k-st, okie st, ku, baylor, etc etc . Imo cincy on that level and they are in fact a big 12 school. Pitt been in a downward spiral ever since pickett left then Nardizzi went back to his preferred style of 1950s football! I really don’t think pitt will be able to push around bearcats front 7 who still has some solid holdovers. I think Emory Jones is a bigger stronger cunnimgham and fits satterfiekds offense perfectly!
Hadn't looked at that one till you mentioned it. I assumed Cincinnati was drained of talent and Pitt would be better than last year. I'll take a look at it now. I remember when Jones was at Florida and looked like he had talent and had some good games there

Hadn't looked at that one till you mentioned it. I assumed Cincinnati was drained of talent and Pitt would be better than last year. I'll take a look at it now. I remember when Jones was at Florida and looked like he had talent and had some good games there

Some kids just late bloomers or not in the right situation. I think Emory has fallen into the perfect situation of having matured, realizes this cloud be his last chance. and has a guy calling plays who is a match made in heaven for his talents!!

Cincy has lost some guys but managed to keep a lot of good players in the front 7 which obviously a big key to stop pitt run game, I just don’t see pitt getting better. They will most likely put together another talented d but when your HC has Stone Age philosophies im not sure. You could see it caused him visible pain when he had Pickett and were letting him chuck it all over field, I guess credit him for allowing it but te minute pickett entered the draft he starting putting his outdated stamp on the offense! His talented wr’s couldn’t transfer out fast enough!!! Dunno how he could convince anymore talented wrs to come there? There was a time I kinda liked Jerkovic but after he got hurt he has never appeared to have the same zip on ball since. Maybe another year removed it better? I didn’t see last week to say, problem is even if the poor guy has regained some arm strength he will be handcuffed by the playcalling!! He be throwing on 3rd and long after a couple stuffed runs, that a tough tack and cincy will get after him!!

I can't believe it either. Judkins was the main reason I laid the points. I thought he'd run wild

They finally got him going that drive but I dunno I got enough time to sniff his yards? Didn’t help his longest play was reviving! The nice thing bout him is he can go to the house at any second!

Clay Travis NCAA Week #2

Season: 12-6

Vandy @ Wake OVER 57.5: LOSE
These nerds can score points. But they can also give up a bunch of points because like nerds throughout history — the Maginot Line ring a bell? — they don’t play great defense. Which means this is a perfect over. Vandy gave up 28 to Hawaii and 13 points to Alabama A&M. Meanwhile Wake Forest gave up 17 to Elon last week. What happens Saturday in Winston-Salem? Both teams score 30. Even if you’re not a nerd, you can do basic math — that’s 60 points. And you don’t need to solve for the hypotenuse to know that’s a winning ticket.

Neb +3.5 @ Colorado LOSE
Last Thursday night Nebraska had a heartbreaking collapse to lose at Minnesota. Meanwhile Deion Sanders is still trash talking over the Buffs win at TCU. So why, pray tell, am I taking the devastated team to cover against the surging team? Because college football isn’t all momentums, it’s matchups too. Sometimes a loss makes you focus better than a win. And while I’m tempted to take Nebraska outright, I’ve seen them snatch defeat from the jaws of victory too many times over the past yeawr to do that.
But take Nebraska plus more than the inevitable heartbreaking field goal that Colorado will kick to win on the final play of the game? Sure.

A&M -4.5 @ Miami LOSE
Prediction: The Aggies will have more fans than Miami on Saturday in Miami. I’m not even joking. Miami may have to use a silent count on offense. The Aggies with Bobby Petrino on the offensive controls are the more talented and better team than the Hurricanes by a substantial margin. I think they roll into South Florida and win by double digits. Howdy, take the Aggies.

Iowa @ IowaSt OVER 36.5 LOSE
I know. I know. Trust me, I know. I’m taking the over in an Iowa game — against another Iowa team no less — and if this game ends 10-7 like last year’s game then I’m going to feel like an absolute idiot. But the CyHawk Bowl is going to feature an offensive explosion this year. 21-20 will be the final score. And you’ll be dancing in the cornstalks like Shoeless Joe Jackson because you’ll have hit the over no matter who wins.

UNLV +36.5 @ Mich WIN
The Wolverines weren’t that impressive in week one. And I don’t think they’ll be that impressive in week two either. I like Barry Odom, a former defensive coordinator, with a couple of weeks to take on a relatively pedestrian offensive attack from Michigan. I’m not saying it’s close, but I’m saying the Running Rebels cover by double digits. Call it 38-14 Michigan, which gives you an easy cover.

Ole Miss @ Tulane OVER 64.5 LOSE
This game is going to end with a bunch of Ole Miss fans still passed out in the French Quarter. “Riley, wake up, the Rebs are already playing.” “Stop punching me, Taylor, I promise daddy already booked us at Commander’s Palace tonight.” “Have y’all seen, Kelly?”(Fun fact, every Ole Miss fan has names that could be used by either men or women. And it won’t matter here, both sexes will still be drunk.) But as long as they took the over, they can go right back to the hurricanes on Bourbon Street.
Because this one is hitting 80+.

Kent St @ Ark -37.5 LOSE
Everyone has forgotten that Arkansas returns KJ Jefferson. Seriously, even you’re reading this right now and you’re like, “Wait, he’s still there? He’s pretty good.”
Yep, KJ just does what KJ does, puts up four touchdowns a game and goes right back into northern Arkansas oblivion every week. This week Kent State gives up another fifty. Last week it was UCF, this week it’s Arkansas. The Razorbacks win by 45, KJ posts five touchdowns, and then vanishes into the Ozarks for another week.

Oregon @TxTech OVER 66.5 WIN
I feel like Texas Tech is the king of teams that play great games and no one pays attention to them. And this game has all the hallmarks of a 45-42 shootout that everyone forgets is actually being played. Also, to be fair, can we talk about the fact that Texas Tech was so bad on defense that PATRICK FREAKING MAHOMES had a losing record there. Do you know how hard this is to pull off? You’ve got the greatest quarterback of his generation and he had a losing record in college?!
We really need a deep dive on all of this. Anyway, Texas Tech hasn’t played defense in the 21st century. Which is convenient because Oregon hasn’t either. The result?
The over cashes.

Appy State +18.5 @ UNC OVER 58.5 WIN & WIN
Did someone at Appalachian State catch someone at North Carolina committing a murder and agree not to turn them in so long as UNC played App State every year in football? That’s the only reason I can explain why UNC keeps playing App State. Because UNC has won by two and lost by three in the past four years and here they are playing another game. And now you’re telling me that UNC, fresh off a huge win over South Carolina to start the season, is going to be ready to roll against App State? I just don’t buy it. Also, if I’m wrong about this, App State just gave up 24 points to Garder Webb. Admittedly, I’m not an expert on Gardner Webb football, but if you gave up 63 to UNC last year and 24 to Gardner Webb this year, it feels like the over is a good play too. So, boom, App State and the over.*
(*Both of these bets cash with ease or both of them get crushed. There’s no middle ground here. This is gambling science, everyone knows I’m right. This always happen when you take two sides of a non-major game.)

Texas +7 @ BAMA WIN
At some point in time, Steve Sarkisian has to win a truly big game at Texas. Last year he should have beaten Alabama and he almost did it even with Quinn Ewers knocked out of the game. In fact, but for the electric play of Bryce Young late, Alabama would have lost in Austin. I know Jalen Milroe had a good game against MTSU, but at some point the absence of Bryce Young is going to show up. I think that happens on Saturday in Tuscaloosa and Texas covers and has a chance to win late.
Hook’em +7

SMU @ OU OVER 69.5 LOSE
Last week Oklahoma scored over 70 against Butch Jones and Arkansas State. This week SMU, one of the newest members of the ACC, rolls into Norman and we have ourselves an old fashioned shoot out. The over’s the play.

AZ @ Messy -9 LOSE
Truth: I still can’t believe Mike Leach is gone. I loved Leach. He would have been crushed to hear Jimmy Buffett died and I know Key West in particular is still mourning both guys. I’m sorry to interject some seriousness in the picks, but I really do miss the Pirate. But in much less serious news the team he left behind in Starkvegas is pretty talented and Will Rogers is still there too. And I think they come out and roll Arizona on Saturday. Hail State for the cover.

Auburn @ CAL OVER 54.5
The right reverend Hugh Freeze put up 50+ for Auburn on Saturday and I think he dictates pace on the road against Cal as well. Plus, Cal scored 58 in week one.
This line is way too low which means, yep, it’s time, tap the vein boys and girls, for the blood bank guarantee. The over cashes faster than a prime sidewalk spot gets defecated on in the Bay Area.
Travis is 5-8 with Auburn/Cal OVER 54.5 pending and not looking good

Record 2-3, Best Bet 1-0

TXTECH +6.5
LOSE Bear bets the number, the situation, the motivation (Tyler Schough) and Lubbock location of game. Bear's sidekick disagrees.
Cal +6.5 Bear thinks Cal "looks like a competent football team." Auburn has injuries of concern and "this has all the feel and look of a PAC 12 after dark special."
USC -29 USC will score at least 50. Hawaii threw 350 yds on Standford with no running game threat. USC has next week off. USC absolutely rolls.
Temple +9 LOSE Bear not impressed with either team. But, Rutgers still has offense problems and Temple D will give them problems. Will not be surprised to see a Temple win
NewMexicoState +11LOSE Bear views Liberty's win as fortunate, "more bad Bowling Green than good Liberty." Bear likes Padilla QB for New Mexico State. 11 points too much.

This week - OVER 69.5 Stanford @ USC

Bear is 0-3 (including losing "Best Bet") with USC -29 and Cal +6.5 pending

Travis is 5-8 with Auburn/Cal OVER 54.5 pending and not looking good

Only 2nd loss I’m gonna take today, I knew after the ref blew a whistle to take away 7 out the gates, cal started 2 drives at aub 30 and got 3 points, For god knows what reason Hugh freeze offense is trash, why they bring Thorne in if they not gonna let him chuck it down field? It what he does best! Instead he has more rush attempts than passes! I had a glimmer of hope just now when cal changed qbs but now I see im fighting not only the clock but this idiot! Lol.

Im totally confused what freese has going on here. Switching qbs all the time, not letting a very good deep thrower take any shots, not really going quick at all. It didn’t look like this at liberty!

Season: 10-8
Week Zero: 1-2
Week #1: 9-6

My Picks Week #2:
Notre Dame -7 -120 WIN
Maryland -24 -110 LOSE
NMexSt +10.5 -110 LOSE
Ole MISS -7 -120 WIN
Teaser A&M +1/OU-11 LOSE
USC -17 1H -110 WIN
Arkansas -38 -110 LOSE
UCLA/SDST UNDER 48.5 WIN
Aub/Cal OVER 55 LOSE
Utah -4.5 Live WIN
UNDER 61.5 in OleMiss/Tulane LIVE WIN
Week #2: 6-5
Season: 16-13

Keeping my head above water

Really enjoyed watching Texas for the first time since Colt McCoy 2009 team, glad I did not let my pessimism lead me to a Bama bet

I did get my 'best bet' correct.

Record 2-3, Best Bet 1-0

TXTECH +6.5
Cal +6.5 WIN Bear thinks Cal "looks like a competent football team." Auburn has injuries of concern and "this has all the feel and look of a PAC 12 after dark special."
USC -29 WIN USC will score at least 50. Hawaii threw 350 yds on Standford with no running game threat. USC has next week off. USC absolutely rolls.

This week - OVER 69.5 Stanford @ USC LOSE

Bear 2-3 again and lost his 'best bet'
Season: 4-6
Best Bet:1-1

Sidekick lost best bet: 0-2 season

Back