Dylanphan playoff losers

dylanphan

Pretty much a regular
First round just played a few series bets....watched more than anything else.

Second round here come some losers:

Series bets
NYR -155
I lined this as -190, and it's been hammered down in Was direction. I don't understand it, so it's surely gonna lose. Caps coming off a hard fought 7-game series. Very, very physical. Rangers advance in 5 games. Yes, Rangers lost a 1st line winger, but they have depth for sure, and are now returning a top 4 dman. Rangers also have home ice, this is a 2 unit play for me.
Min +115
Missed earlier better lines, but this is just a play of a toss up matchup, I'll take the +odds. Hawks certainly did not impress me the first round, while the Wild did. Now, impressing me is not necessarily key in advancing, but I think the Hawks are being overvalued.

Game 1
NYR -0.75 (-120)
Well, since I like the Rangers in the series, I have to love them in game one, so I'll lay the handicap. Again, home ice, more rested, deeper team. You know the Rangers only scored more than 1 goal in the entire series against the Penguins in 1 game, and they lost that game? I expect in the week or so they have had off, a lot of emphasis has been placed on generating offense (especially on pp). They've had 4-5 days to get acquainted with their line shuffling, if I'm going to go down, may as well go down hard.

Cal/Ana o5.5 (+110)
Betting overs in the playoffs is a hard proposition, but if we are getting goals, I think this is the series you will see it in. Calgary not necessarily defensive juggernauts, and by all advanced metrics are one of the worst teams in the league. But, they do score, and I think each team will light the lamp a few times. Hopefully we get 6.

:cheers3:

1-1 (-0.10)
Rangers a bit sluggish in game 1, really need to step it up in this series. Expect a better effort in game 2, but I'll just lay off the game.

Added:
Montreal +220 to win the series. Too good to pass up in my eyes.

I hate daytime hockey, and hate playoff daytime games with a passion. Ordinarily, I'd play o1.5 in the 1p today because one team is bound to come out with a bit of a fire up their ass (hoping it's the Rangers), but I'm not playing anything today. Be back later this week

:cheers3: :cheers3:

Thanks for all the input and keeping up with the posting, but just not sure what this means exactly?

"You know the Rangers only scored more than 1 goal in the entire series against the Penguins in 1 game, and they lost that game?"

Rangers scored 2 goals in every game of the series except 1, where they scored 3 and lost 4-3 (although the last goal came with seconds left when it was meaningless)

Thanks for all the input and keeping up with the posting, but just not sure what this means exactly?

"You know the Rangers only scored more than 1 goal in the entire series against the Penguins in 1 game, and they lost that game?"

Rangers scored 2 goals in every game of the series except 1, where they scored 3 and lost 4-3 (although the last goal came with seconds left when it was meaningless)
Was a mistype.
I meant, should have been they only scored more than 2 goals in any game except the game they lost.

well, hell. this hasn't gone well either, although the Rangers winning last night was the nuts.

Seeing Rangers -140/TB +130 right now, with Anaheim/Chicago each -105

IMHO, the Rangers price is too steep, and it would not surprise me to see that fall a bit. TB will get a lot of love in this matchup, and the Rangers still not fully clicking on offense.
HOWEVER, I will more than likely still play the Rangers - just want to see how heavy to play them or how I will play them.

I will probably write this up at a later time, still a bit hungover groggy from last night. The short version will be this Ranger team is very battle tested, deep and with a very good defense/goaltender. They have played so many 1 goal games and persevered. I think Vigneault has finally realized that putting MSL on the top line is just a mistake, that Nash needs a stronger player along side of him and JT Miller will fill that role nicely. MSL at this point really needs 3rd -4th line minutes and maybe some PP time.
Kreider and Hayes are becoming flat out studs and I think Hayes gets better every month as he gains more confidence/pt.
TB has some studs on their team no doubt too. Taylor Johnson has really put things together, and Stamkos has played very well too even if he isn't scoring prolifically. Hedman is fantastic and Stallman is nice, but I just think TB's defense isn't as deep and I can't see Bishop outperforming Lundqvist (but hell, he did in Price so who's to say).
Extra day off will be nice, but daytime playoff hockey sucks ball.
Would not count on seeing Zuccarello this round, but ffs if he came back that would be brilliant.
Canadians really lost the series because they were undisciplined, made lots of mental errors, and took too many penalties. I do not think the Rangers will make these mistakes- they do not have any hotheads like Subban or Prust really - maybe Glass, but his icetime is minimal as it is.
Series should be tremendous all around.

Out west, your guess is as good as mine. Both teams look really unstoppable at times. I think I'll play Anaheim small though, simply because I don't think the Hawks are near as good as they have been in the past, and losing Roszival is a slight concern. As playoffs drag on, bodies get tired, and a few guys on the hawks seem to do most of the heavy lifting. Keith averaging 30+ mpg is gonna be a concern at some point. Toews line also averaging 20+mpg and add in Kaner at 19+.....that's a lot.
Ducks on the other hand much more balanced, only Getzlaf really pulling down heavy minutes. Ducks are huge too, gonna be an issue - exactly the reason the Kings were able to win the cup last year over the Rangers, much bigger, more physical, tough to contend with in a short series sometimes.

Back