****Draft lottery, trade rumors, Kevin Love- Draft In game******

Your right about teams wanting Love, but no team is going to trade for him unless they get assurances that he will sign an extension .

You see teams rolling the dice.. Giving assets away with the chance they are renting him for a year?

If so then timberwolves have a lot more options here.

Yes, sorry for the short answer was in a meeting...

I think it is more about the situation. In minny they cant seem to move forward with draft picks, FA signings so I think Love is frustrated with that. If he goes to a team that has a gm with a track record of getting into the playoffs or in contention quickly then i think he is willing to go there and take the wait and see approach while the GM makes the move to get him and adds pieces - once a new team gets him other players might want to go and play next to him and if he decides not to sign then you get salary space or if lucky a sign and deal ( i know not the best option but an option)

I think if you are the Celtics, Lakers, GS you can take a shot.

The Wolves are in control right now because he has this whole year to play, the longer it drags the less control they will have - lets say it gets to training camp and every question will be about him and his contract - wolves don't want that circus and the gm's know that.
FWIW - I think this has to happen before the draft

Yes, sorry for the short answer was in a meeting...

I think it is more about the situation. In minny they cant seem to move forward with draft picks, FA signings so I think Love is frustrated with that. If he goes to a team that has a gm with a track record of getting into the playoffs or in contention quickly then i think he is willing to go there and take the wait and see approach while the GM makes the move to get him and adds pieces - once a new team gets him other players might want to go and play next to him and if he decides not to sign then you get salary space or if lucky a sign and deal ( i know not the best option but an option)

I think if you are the Celtics, Lakers, GS you can take a shot.

The Wolves are in control right now because he has this whole year to play, the longer it drags the less control they will have - lets say it gets to training camp and every question will be about him and his contract - wolves don't want that circus and the gm's know that.
FWIW - I think this has to happen before the draft

I think you are agreeing with me here.

Teams will at least want to have assurances that Kevin believes in them as an organization,

Well, Dwight decided to leave and sign with another team. The only "trade" that occurred was to get a little something back. And NY gave a king's ransom for Melo. Denver had ALL the leverage in that trade.

Minny has some leverage because teams want Love - a guy who can produce and is very marketable. You want him - then make a move and get him. But nobody's getting him for a song.

Agree to disagree I guess....I meant the Howard to LA trade...also that melo trade included galinari, Chandler, mozgov...am I missing someone? Was iguodala involved somehow? I forget..but I doubt as a twolves fan that package probably wouldn't (shouldn't) really peak your interest.....

Well, Dwight decided to leave and sign with another team. The only "trade" that occurred was to get a little something back. And NY gave a king's ransom for Melo. Denver had ALL the leverage in that trade.

Minny has some leverage because teams want Love - a guy who can produce and is very marketable. You want him - then make a move and get him. But nobody's getting him for a song.

so then Minny overplay their hand and he walks for free in the summer

there is nothing to overplay. There are at least 5-6 teams that want a guy that can be a voice of the franchise. Wolves can afford to wait for the best deal.

It takes two to tango though. Nobody even knows yet if GS will give up Klay. The deal will get done with the team that gives them a bona fide starter back along with an attractive draft pick at a minimum.

The 76ers have the #3 and #10 selections, as well as 5 more picks by the 54th selection in the draft.

I don't think any team as ever has this many picks in the first 2 rounds, and for the sake of our CTG 76er fans I hope they nail them.

Excited for that 38th pick.

Why we never used an amnesty is beyond me. We wouldn't be in this situation. We need a shooter bad and by golly right around the 8th pick and beyond are some great shooters.

Cavs will take Jabari first (possibly Jojo of his medicals look good). Any link the Cavs will have to Wiggins is all about the smokescreen because they can get the guy they want by trading down.

You mean Joel?

Is it possible that embid's agent doesn't have him work out for anyone and no one actually gets a clear idea of the status of his injury? That could raise red flags, but this guys isn't slipping out of top 5 either way and probably not out of top 3.

Cavs will take Jabari first (possibly Jojo of his medicals look good). Any link the Cavs will have to Wiggins is all about the smokescreen because they can get the guy they want by trading down.

and you know this how or is this just another assumption.

and you know this how or is this just another assumption.

Its basically been their draft MO since LeBron left. They've been targetting a very specific type of player since Ferry left and Jabari and a healthy Jojo fit the trend. Now with Griffin taking over, it could change, but the scout/draft team remains unchanged.

And yeah, Jojo=Embiid

Excited for that 38th pick.

Why we never used an amnesty is beyond me. We wouldn't be in this situation. We need a shooter bad and by golly right around the 8th pick and beyond are some great shooters.

Really tough break losing that top pick, but I have seen more than one mock draft having the Pistons taking Spencer Dinwiddie at 38 and it would be a good pick. He is unselfish and can knock down the 3 and while lacking elite athleticism he has good size at 6-6 and is a pretty heady player.

rumors that clippers price will be about 1.5billion and above.

some folks in here were saying they lost value due to the Sterling incident - HA!

I didn't hear anyone say they lost value because of Sterling, quite the opposite. Owners have to be salivating at making that org sell high while the Clippers are actually good, driving up prices everywhere.

I didn't hear anyone say they lost value because of Sterling, quite the opposite. Owners have to be salivating at making that org sell high while the Clippers are actually good, driving up prices everywhere.

go back to the original thread on the sterling incident, many people said it.

sorry many people here on CTG said it, not the owners..

I'm gonna have to wait on you to post quotes, I read the whole thing the first go round and don't remember anyone saying that. And I'm not reading that hot mess again.

I don't think anyone said that

got a little time to read the "hot mess" jumped ahead to after the silver press conference

<dl class="userinfo_extra" style="margin: 5px 0px; float: left; width: 180px; height: auto !important;"><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Join Date</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Apr 2009</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Posts</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">19,818</dd></dl>

[h=2]
icon1.png
[/h]
It's not going for a billion.​

<dl class="userinfo_extra" style="margin: 5px 0px; float: left; width: 180px; height: auto !important;"><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Join Date</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Apr 2009</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Posts</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">19,818</dd></dl>

[h=2]
icon1.png
[/h]
800-850 tops imo​

a few others mentioned it had lost value with loss of sponsorship .. no reason to argue.. just saying...

I get what you're saying, they certainly would lose value if he remains the owner with the loss of sponsorships, which is why (and probably the only reason why) it's in the owners' best interests to have him sell.

my guess is it well go for a record number, from the outside looking in.

you have the players/team that should be competitive (and entertaining)for at least few years, 2nd largest market (huge sponsorship), well liked coach, arena already done, no idea about their tv deal, and when will the next time a LA sports franchise become available?

You mean Joel?

Is it possible that embid's agent doesn't have him work out for anyone and no one actually gets a clear idea of the status of his injury? That could raise red flags, but this guys isn't slipping out of top 5 either way and probably not out of top 3.

So much for that

From Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:

Watching Joel Embiid in workout for league executives in Santa Monica. Impossible to imagine passing on him at No. 1.

The Houston Rockets plan to decline the fourth-year option on forward Chandler Parsons’ contract, freeing him to become a restricted free agent this summer, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Houston is determined to clear the necessary salary cap space this summer to chase a third maximum contract free agent to join Dwight Howard and James Harden, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Houston plans to pursue the major stars who could be available upon opting out of deals, including Miami’s LeBron James and Chris Bosh, and New York’s Carmelo Anthony, league sources said. Dallas’ Dirk Nowitzki is expected to be a target too.

We already knew the Rockets were interested in Kevin Love, an attainable target. But why not also put LeBron, Bosh, Melo and Nowitzki on the radar? Who wouldn’t want one of those players?

However, if the Rockets were intent on maximizing cap room, they would have just picked up Parsons’ option to ensure he’d count against the cap at $964,750.

[MORE: PBT Podcast -- Finals preview, Heat vs. Spurs]

By Houston declining it and then extending a qualifying offer, Parsons will count against the cap at $2,875,130* until he signs either a contract or offer sheet. Then, he’ll count against the cap at his 2014-15 salary, which will surely be much higher.

That fractured foot is the best news of the day (except for that guy). I'm zeroing in on Jabari.

Guess Warriors will include Klay to get Love if rumor is true.

Does this make the Warriors better, championship contender? Klay seems pretty vital to me.

David Blatt is about to become the first "European" coach ever to coach in the NBA.
Cleveland made a great deal I think, if players are ready to learn.
One of the best teachers of the game...

Guess Warriors will include Klay to get Love if rumor is true.

Does this make the Warriors better, championship contender? Klay seems pretty vital to me.

Klay and DLee....Kmart back on flip if that rumor holds true.

Might make better, not a championship contender yet.

David Blatt is about to become the first "European" coach ever to coach in the NBA.
Cleveland made a great deal I think, if players are ready to learn.
One of the best teachers of the game...

I would say D'antoni was a European coach.

Shocked Cleveland of all franchises offered Blatt, thought he might be a replacement for Popovich after next season.

NBA Legion@MySportsLegion <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 39m</small>
Cavs and Jazz have discussed a trade that sends the #1 pick to Utah for Derrick Favors and the #5 pick. Jazz want Jabari. (@Probballdraft)

Wow in a draft this deep how do you not do this deal if you're the Cavs. Favors is still only 23 with 4 years experience and potential to turn into a 20-10 kind of player.

at the #5 Cavs have to decide if Irving is going to be resigned or not...if not perhaps Marcus Smart or Exxum should he slip is the pick. Or having picked up a young big maybe you gamble if Embiid falls that far though I'm not sure I touch him...lot of injuries for a guy that has played very little.

Jabari is mormon, wow just read that.

Ok, this Isiah Austin interview is making me meltdown, if you don't you have no heart. Just an unreal turn of events for someone who just showed up to his physical thinking shit was ok.

I actually had a dream last night the 'Stons made some sort of trade and got to the 7th pick in draft, then I woke up.

WOW.

Dallas and the NYK just completed a deal: Knicks send Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton to Dallas for Samuel Dalembert, Jose Calderon, Wayne Ellington, Shane Larkin, and 2 #2's in the 2014 draft.

Quick first opinion...Dallas got fleeced. Why are they giving up the picks for helping the Knicks cap situation. Felton sucks and while Calderon can't guard anyone he is capable of running an offens and knocking down the 3. And why give up on Shane Larkin ? his rookie year was a bust but he is a hell of an athlete and I think he plays in the league a long time.

I thought Rondo was a FA ?? Guess he has one more year left on his deal...doesn't sound like he will re-sign so why not move him now ?

Back