Detroit Pistons Poll: Homers and anyone who watches their games welcome

Who wins the Finals MVP if Detroit wins it all?

• Chauncey Billups

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Richard Hamilton

• Tayshaun Prince

• Rasheed Wallace

• Total voters

bluemyboy

CTG Player
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
I think I am going to try and find players on teams that I think have a really really good shot of winning finals MVP. I tend to lean towards the fans choice esspecially the player's team fans. Alot of times in situations where a team has not won for a long while it is easier to pick the guy you know is a shoe in if they win. It is not by any means a lock, but I weigh the pick and the price and see how good a hedge it actually is with the other side be it a series ML, game ML, or player prop to win MVP. if there is no clear cut guy in my oppinion then I leave it alone, I have only tried it once in this last superbowl with PM/bears. I feel that finals MVP is hugely motivated by the public and not neccisarily the person that had the best performance although that certainly matters and I try to take that into account.

anyways just kinda want to get an early view on some favs this year to watch in the finals. I have not really watched many games of any of these teams but kinda want to find if there is any consensus of people who have seen them play or followed them at all. Thanks for the help in these, I will try to spread them out so I dont spam the NBA room.

Thanks.

I dont think that Chauncey will get it again, but he is again the stat man in the playoffs. I really have not watched this team so looking for some good insight. thanks. any oppinions are gladdly welcome.

He's un-guardable. He can shoot the 3 and he can post up. Only VERY versatile defenders can have success on him, and not many exist in the league.

he averages about 6-7 points less then chauncy and RIP.... but he also seems like the character on the team and that should get some points on his side as well if he is well liked by the team.

picked Sheed, he is the energizer of the team, yeah he's got a big mouth and gets teed up a lot but look at how he gets the crowd involve and his teammates. He makes the refs focus on him so Prince, Hamilton, Billups, Webber can do their own business in easier fashion. Plus, his length and range beyond the arc is an asset especially in the East where a lot of the big men are terrible. Billups has just been consistant not outstanding consistant.

I tend to agree Mike, I like the team leaders. I really think for this team as well will just be a play on Det at some point next round and not a player, but we'll see.

alright im drunk as hell just comin home from another victory at comerica park... right now it seems Rasheed just cuz no one on chicago can guard him... but everyone knows chauncey is the man behind the taem.. when he is agressive and tries to get his pts no one in east will stop him..... thats why i pick chauncey.. when he puts his mind to it he can control the whole east... no other PG can match up with him...if it happens... (he will eat up tony parker and get mcdyess the ring diceman wants)

gonna bump this up for any more discussion or picks.

Clearly Tayshaun should not be on the list. Rasheed is the character out of the 3. He is the face of the team that the rest of the league sees. Chauncy is the face of the team in Detroit if you can say one person is. RIP is RIP, he is in the race, but I think that ultimately he has to really control an entire series or hit a couple very clutch shots to get more recognition.

Back