H2H League - Daily Transactions, no IP limit
5x5
R, RBI, SB, TB, OBP
W, SV, K, WHIP, ERA
C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3 OF, 2 UTIL, 3 SP, 2 RP, 3 P, 5 BN, 1 DL
Waiver - FAAB, Daily
FAAB Budget - $200

Draft Time: Sunday - March 27 @ 8:15 Eastern

Just getting this started up. If you are interested in rejoining, reply here. Ill send out PMs shortly. If you are interested in joining, let me know and if a spot opens up I can send you an invite.

Payment is $100 - sent to DeFaz, if he doesnt then I can hold. As usual payment is required before the draft - otherwise you will not be joining. Once all payments are in then we can set the draft order.

Payout Structure:
1st - $700
2nd - $300
34d - $200

Below is a list of people interested in playing again.

1) renew
2) Chickencoups (not on CTG)
3) Baton Rouge Bombers (not on CTG)
4) DeFaz (?)
5) orangemonk
6) TheHBomb
7) wreck
8) DJ Tanner
9)
10)
11)
12)

Lets do this!

Last edited:
we can make it smaller - im fine with whatever.

There is some concern about keeping people engaged all year. If there is a better way to do it, im all for it.

first place money won't keep people engaged if their team sucks though. actually will do the opposite, since in the unlikely event their team makes a playoff run they will have less money in their pool, since first would be out of reach.

I always thought a bye was enough reward. Is seed tiebreaker too? Or is that OBP?

[TABLE="class: Table, width: 810"]
<tbody id="yui_3_18_1_1_1455475812302_1575" style="box-sizing: border-box;">[TR="class: row2"]
[TD="class: typeStandard, align: left"]Playoff Tie-Breaker:[/TD]
[TD="class: typeStandard, width: 410, align: left"]Best regular season record vs opponent wins[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

i personally prefer no payout for regular season.

in football my friends and I do highest weekly scoring team get a reward - maybe some modified version of that but scoring system is completely different.

or no regular season payout at all.

I need some sort of FA auction this year. Getting tired of who has availability to run to the FA wire during the day.

Its a $100 fucking bucks- I dont even know what a FA auction is- FUCK

I need some sort of FA auction this year. Getting tired of who has availability to run to the FA wire during the day.

I will look into something. I tried changing it up last year but didnt quite understand the FA rules correctly. Wwe also had some pretty strong opposition from a member about changing the rules right before the season started.

Last edited:
I will look into something. I tried changing it up last year but didnt quite understand the FA rules correctly. Wwe also had some pretty strong opposition from a member about changing the rules right before the season started.

could use some feedback on this.

<tbody id="yui_3_18_1_1_1455853766846_1597" style="box-sizing: border-box;">[TR="class: row1"]
[TD="class: typeStandard, align: left"]Waiver Time:[/TD]
[TD="class: typeStandard, width: 410, align: left"]2 days[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: row2"]
[TD="class: typeStandard, width: 120, align: left"]Waiver Type:[/TD]
[TD="class: typeStandard, width: 410, align: left"]FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: row1"]
[TD="class: typeStandard, width: 120, align: left"]Waiver Mode:[/TD]
[TD="class: typeStandard, width: 410, align: left"]Continuous[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: typeStandard, width: 120, align: left"]Waiver Processing Days:[/TD]
[TD="class: typeStandard, width: 410, align: left"]Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

The biggest issue I can think of is that you won't be able to pick up a SP to start the following day.

i.e - you are down 1 W and 2 Ks after games end Saturday night.

You'd have zero chance of picking up a SP to try to win the week bc it takes 2 days for a claim to process.

Is there a work around at all?

could use some feedback on this.

<tbody>[TR="class: row1"]
[TD="class: typeStandard, align: left"]Waiver Time:
[/TD]
[TD="class: typeStandard, width: 410, align: left"]2 days
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: typeStandard, width: 120, align: left"]Waiver Type:
[/TD]
[TD="class: typeStandard, width: 410, align: left"]FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: typeStandard, width: 120, align: left"]Waiver Mode:
[/TD]
[TD="class: typeStandard, width: 410, align: left"]Continuous
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: typeStandard, width: 120, align: left"]Waiver Processing Days:
[/TD]
[TD="class: typeStandard, width: 410, align: left"]Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

The biggest issue I can think of is that you won't be able to pick up a SP to start the following day.

i.e - you are down 1 W and 2 Ks after games end Saturday night.

You'd have zero chance of picking up a SP to try to win the week bc it takes 2 days for a claim to process.

Is there a work around at all?

Its only a problem with Yahoo! (which completely sucks anyway IMHO). I am in a couple leagues on ESPN that use the FA system and we can still stream pitchers daily. Basically as long as the player is on your team before the first pitch, you can use him in your matchup. We set waivers to clear at 11:00 am each day and can easily set our lineups with the new players by 7:00 or 10:00.

^^^^^

The problem is that waivers shouldn't have to take 2 days to clear, they should clear daily. I think Yahoo! doesn't let you use players regardless unless they were on your team the day before, which is such an arbitrary and senseless rule to begin with.

there is a 'No Waiver' option rather than 1 day, 2 day, etc but I dont know if that overwrites the rest of the rules.

might just make a random league to see.

You can change the daily moves to 'Daily - Today' rather than 'Daily - Tomorrow'

Lets just stick to playoff payouts.

Figured out the waiver business.
Basically in order to avoid the rush to the waiver wire and give everyone a chance - the following settings apply.

<tbody id="yui_3_18_1_1_1456276486391_1553" style="box-sizing: border-box;">[TR="class: row1"]
[TD="class: typeStandard, align: left"]Waiver Time:[/TD]
[TD="class: typeStandard, width: 410, align: left"]No waivers[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: typeStandard, width: 120, align: left"]Waiver Type:[/TD]
[TD="class: typeStandard, width: 410, align: left"]FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: typeStandard, width: 120, align: left"]Waiver Mode:[/TD]
[TD="class: typeStandard, width: 410, align: left"]Continuous[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: typeStandard, width: 120, align: left"]Waiver Processing Days:[/TD]
[TD="class: typeStandard, width: 410, align: left"]Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

<tbody id="yui_3_18_1_1_1456276486391_1553" style="box-sizing: border-box;">[TR="class: row2"]
[TD="class: typeStandard, align: left"]Weekly Deadline:[/TD]
[TD="class: typeStandard, width: 410, align: left"]Daily - Today[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

This will allow people to put in waivers following an injury anytime that day, and allow for people to bid fairly for equal opportunity. Waivers process the next day.

The 'Weekly Deadline: Daily - Today' also allows you to stream players for the next day (since players will always be on waivers, it takes a day to process with the new settings).

Thanks renew. It was frustrating last season between working, having a son born on opening day, and building a house to get outrushed to the wire every singe day. This evens the playing field and still allows folks to stream who wish to. My only other suggestion would be to increasing the FA budget to $200 instead of $100. $100 won't last the entire season, especially when a closers go down and stud minor leaguers are called up. People will be in bidding wars at various points. Just my $.02.

what's going on now?

I like payouts for 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

How does daily FAAB allow for next day pitcher pickups?
Why are we still staying with only one DL spot?

You all do realize that limiting a team to only 4 moves a week creates the situation that causes people to give up right? You can't claw back when you're hamstrung by stupid transaction limitations. And if we add FAAB then there shouldn't be any limitation on weekly moves at all. I'm tired of having 1 or 2 dead teams that become cannon fodder at the end of the season. It consistently fucks up the race near the end.

There needs to be a removal of weekly transaction limits if we go to FAAB. It doesn't make any sense otherwise.

what's going on now?

I like payouts for 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

How does daily FAAB allow for next day pitcher pickups?
Why are we still staying with only one DL spot?

You all do realize that limiting a team to only 4 moves a week creates the situation that causes people to give up right? You can't claw back when you're hamstrung by stupid transaction limitations. And if we add FAAB then there shouldn't be any limitation on weekly moves at all. I'm tired of having 1 or 2 dead teams that become cannon fodder at the end of the season. It consistently fucks up the race near the end.

There needs to be a removal of weekly transaction limits if we go to FAAB. It doesn't make any sense otherwise.

Removing weekly transactions limits makes sense with FAAB + increasing budget for FAAB. However I still disagree about the DL rule, I've never been in any league that had more than 1 DL spot.

Yahoo poorly worded their rules below.

Waiver Time can be anywhere from - 'No Waivers to 7 days'. Thats just the amount of time a player stays on waivers. So basically with continuous waivers and daily waiver processing, you can pick up any player and you won't need to wait a day for the move to process. Now that roster changes are 'Daily - Today' - the move will be reflected the next day when combined with FAAB.

You can always bid zero with FAAB, making it possible to stream.

[TABLE="class: cms_table_Table, width: 810"]
<tbody>[TR="class: cms_table_row1"]
[TD="class: cms_table_typeStandard, align: left"]Waiver Time:[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_typeStandard, width: 410, align: left"]No waivers[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: cms_table_row2"]
[TD="class: cms_table_typeStandard, width: 120, align: left"]Waiver Type:[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_typeStandard, width: 410, align: left"]FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: cms_table_row1"]
[TD="class: cms_table_typeStandard, width: 120, align: left"]Waiver Mode:[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_typeStandard, width: 410, align: left"]Continuous[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: cms_table_row2"]
[TD="class: cms_table_typeStandard, width: 120, align: left"]Waiver Processing Days:[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_typeStandard, width: 410, align: left"]Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

[TABLE="class: cms_table_Table, width: 810"]
<tbody>[TR="class: cms_table_row2"]
[TD="class: cms_table_typeStandard, align: left"]Weekly Deadline:[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_typeStandard, width: 410, align: left"]Daily - Today[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

2 DL spots is absurd and very much against the norm. Allows teams to hoard players. Absolutely no need for it IMO.

DeFaz told me to let you guys know that he won't be participating so don't send him any money. Thanks

I like 2 DL too. I think some of the reason people quit is they get a few injuries and are forced with the decision of having to drop a key guy or take the loss for a week or two. So many 15 day DL stints in baseball.

that said, 1 is the norm and I'm fine with that too.

Last edited:
DeFaz told me to let you guys know that he won't be participating so don't send him any money. Thanks

seriously?
we are missing responses from a few people this year, plus ivy and teeed have dropped out. DJ Tanner is going to join atleast.

plenty of open spots if anyone is interested.

i'm interested.

Yahoo does allow same-day pickups to be eligible for your lineup if it's set that way (and I'd much prefer yahoo as that's where every fantasy baseball league i've played in the last X amount of years have been run)

i'm interested.

Yahoo does allow same-day pickups to be eligible for your lineup if it's set that way (and I'd much prefer yahoo as that's where every fantasy baseball league i've played in the last X amount of years have been run)

send me your email address and ill set you up.

We were trying to figure out how to combine FAAB Waivers with Daily Roster moves but think weve got it figured out.

Interested.. What's the $200 budget?

pm me your email - its for bidding on waivers.

basically all players will be on waivers all the time. If you place a waiver Tuesday, it will process Wednesday. This is to avoid the rush to pick up a player when an injury occurs, call up etc.

you can always bid $0 but its up to you how to manage your budget.

There are still open spots. We may end up with a 10 team league at this rate.

If anyone out there is interested in joining you can PM me your email - we do require payment well before the season starts: 1) to know your committed 2) we randomly set draft order before the draft to allow people some prep time before the draft starts (i need everyones emails to do this)

still in need of 4 if DeFaz is actually out. gsro and gators31 are apparently out since they just wont respond.

Nugzz might be in so that would make it 3. Would love to keep this as a 12 team league.

still in need of 4 if DeFaz is actually out. gsro and gators31 are apparently out since they just wont respond.

Nugzz might be in so that would make it 3. Would love to keep this as a 12 team league.

I'm gonna have to say i'm out fellas.. Sorry.

sorry - didnt think about Easter at all. completely open to moving the draft around but would prefer later than the 20th.

i've somehow hit the max on my leagues so i am deleting my team from this one and will figure out what i'm doing if this gets going

If this league is at 8 and somehow gets to 11 I'll drop out so it can go to 10. I don't really want to play in a 10 team league.

I think the only option is to delete this league and just try and bring it back next year.

Its a shame because TB and OBP were fun categories to play with rather than AVG & HRs.

wow ctg can't fill two baseball leagues? maybe a new thread to draw interest since ppl might ignore this one?

Back