Complete All-Star Line-up...CARMELO gets left out

• Thread starter Thread starter ddk997
  • Start date Start date
D

ddk997

All-Star Lineups

nba.gif
Olympic teammates LeBron James, Dwight Howard and Dwyane Wade will lead the East against the West's Kobe Bryant and Chris Paul.

<!-- end top part --> <!-- begin table --> <table class="left" cellspacing="0"> <caption>
</caption> <tbody><tr class="io-columnHeaders"> <td>East</td> </tr> <tr class="io-evenRow"> <td>G Dwyane Wade, MIA*</td> </tr> <tr> <td>G Allen Iverson, DET*</td> </tr> <tr class="io-evenRow"> <td>F Dwight Howard, ORL*</td> </tr> <tr> <td>F LeBron James, CLE*</td> </tr> <tr class="io-evenRow"> <td>C Kevin Garnett, BOS*
Reserves
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>F Paul Pierce, BOS</td> </tr> <tr class="io-evenRow"> <td>C Chris Bosh, TOR</td> </tr> <tr> <td>G Joe Johnson, ATL</td> </tr> <tr class="io-evenRow"> <td>F Danny Granger, IND</td> </tr> <tr> <td>G Devin Harris, NJ</td> </tr> <tr class="io-evenRow"> <td>F Rashard Lewis, ORL</td> </tr> <tr> <td>G Jameer Nelson, ORL</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- end table --> <!-- begin table --> <table class="left" cellspacing="0"><caption>
</caption> <tbody><tr class="io-columnHeaders"> <td>West</td> </tr> <tr class="io-evenRow"> <td>G Chris Paul, NO*</td> </tr> <tr> <td>G Kobe Bryant, LAL*</td> </tr> <tr class="io-evenRow"> <td>F Tim Duncan, SA*</td> </tr> <tr> <td>F Amare Stoudemire, PHO*</td> </tr> <tr class="io-evenRow"> <td>C Yao Ming, HOU*
Reserves
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>F Dirk Nowitzki, DAL</td> </tr> <tr class="io-evenRow"> <td>F Pau Gasol, LAL</td> </tr> <tr> <td>G Chauncey Billups, DEN</td> </tr> <tr class="io-evenRow"> <td>G Tony Parker, SA</td> </tr> <tr> <td>G Brandon Roy, POR</td> </tr> <tr class="io-evenRow"> <td>C Shaquille O'Neal, PHO</td> </tr> <tr> <td>F David West, NO</td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="1"> *starters </td></tr></tbody></table>

It's amazing how the Magics have a team full of All-Star starters. Hedo could have easily been an All-Star if it wasn't for so many other great god gifted players. Courtney Lee will transform into an All-Star like player, he's already proving how athletic he can be on offense and his defense is average, which will only improve as he devolpes.

i agree... maybe likes of a barbosa probably .. he does need to work on his Defense and tune his offensive game... im thinking of putting a small prop bet for All Star Game MVP.. maybe Shaq/Amare just for shits n giggles

It's amazing how the Magics have a team full of All-Star starters. Hedo could have easily been an All-Star if it wasn't for so many other great god gifted players. Courtney Lee will transform into an All-Star like player, he's already proving how athletic he can be on offense and his defense is average, which will only improve as he devolpes.

i could be an all star if there werent so many great god gifted players

Thank God Melo didnt get in. Besides being hurt half the year he plays the worst D of anyone Ive ever seen in person.

yeah we cant all be given the second best player on our teams for nothing due to a league wide conspiracy to make them good again

:shake:

haha, "nothing". lets see, memphis got 3 first round picks (javaris was turned into a first round pick) and a young, stud center they can build around for the future and they dumped a shitload of salary. looking back at that trade, its funny how much commotion there was over a trade that served both parties interests.

ariza for brian cook? that was the trade the league shoulda been legitimately bitter about.

and durant is the biggest snub imo. yah the thunder sucked ass in 08 but they turned it on in january and durant has been playing lights out. he shoulda made it in over West and maybe even shaq. the west roster doesn't have a single small forward....wtf?

i agree with reggie miller in that the EC coaches should be shot for not selecting mo williams. senseless.

haha, "nothing". lets see, memphis got 3 first round picks (javaris was turned into a first round pick) and a young, stud center they can build around for the future and they dumped a shitload of salary. looking back at that trade, its funny how much commotion there was over a trade that served both parties interests.

i think you're the first person i've ever seen trying to seriously defend the validity of that trade, at least without just mentioning other terrible trades as the sole counterpoint. stud center?

its tough though...

i mean out of everyone who really doesnt deserve to be there? AI obviously...

but other than that? probably West...

Maybe KG, maybe nelson

i think you're the first person i've ever seen trying to seriously defend the validity of that trade, at least without just mentioning other terrible trades as the sole counterpoint. stud center?

have you seen gasol play? he's really good for a rookie euro and is only going to get better.

memphis dumped a giant contract and were able to set the table for the future, not sure what else you expect them to get out of the trade.

and the cavs got mo williams simply cuz of mil wanted to unload his contract, and all they had to give up was damon jones and joe smith LMFAO.

have you seen gasol play? he's really good for a rookie euro and is only going to get better.

memphis dumped a giant contract and were able to set the table for the future, not sure what else you expect them to get out of the trade.

and the cavs got mo williams simply cuz of mil wanted to unload his contract, and all they had to give up was damon jones and joe smith LMFAO.

not saying he completely sucks, but i think he's far from a stud. and yes, it looks better a year later, but still horrible imo. there weren't a whole lot of expiring contracts out there and kwame's was one of the largest, but if they wanted to go that route they still should have held out for a package that included more expiring money or held out for at least some proven talent. they were even self-critical of the move after the fact. when you have the best player involved in the deal (by far), you should have a lot more leverage. and yes, the mo deal was definitely a steal for us, but it was a multi-team deal, and no team really lost. just like the deal before that was a mult-team that we won. the grizzlies definitely lost on this deal. and to make it much worse, it was to a contender in their own conference. not to revisit it too much because god was i sick of it when it happened, but it was one of the more lopsided deals in recent memory i think you have to admit that.

at the time sure, it was pau for nothing within the context of the season, but in retrospect the grizz accomplished what they needed out of it, so, imo, wallace and the grizz weren't really judged fairly. i heard the lakers offered to send odom in the trade but the grizz wanted no part of his contract. its a joke teams are more concerned over $ than winning and definitely something stern needs to get a handle on.

its just funny how trades work out tho. last year everyone was ridiculing kerr for trading for shaq and a year later dude is on the all star team.

Ray Allen should have been in before Paul Pierce(who is great but has been coasting this season so far)

Mo Williams impact is unreal, he is above Jameer in my mind.

Brian wants to know where RIP is and if he's still > Joe Johnson.

Thats awesome. Pretty funny because earlier this week I started thinking about the old battles with our resident golf expert(nice swing btw Brian).

Joe has come into his own as predicted. At the time, it was Rip no doubt for both sides of ball. Even in the one matchup this year Rip gave him fits. Rip isn't in a good situation to be an all-star anymore.

Back