NBA Discussion Thread: Monday, March 6th - Sunday, March 12th

a shortcut for that can be made using the site streak parameter

p:H and A and p:site streak <= -5 and rest = 1

gives you the same result

yeah i know about the site streak but ive gotten weird results when i used it in the past.... prob my own fault though, thanks

on that same angle, also take into account this is a division matchup and they got to rest Paul George the whole 4Q last game

thank you sharp shooter...thats one of those twits or whatever they are called...i need to get on that

This is where the league is such a joke.

I'd love to see todays players play 3 games in 3 nights like would happen at times back in the day...without the comfy travel...

Before tonight the last time the warriors played an away game after playing 5+ Road games & a home game was DEC 2012!

Spurs/Wariors

Just throwing this out there...

Jon KrawczynskiVerified account @APkrawczynski <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(101, 119, 134);"> 3m3 minutes ago</small><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" aria-haspopup="true" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant-caps: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: -2px -9px 0px 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding-right: 9px; padding-bottom: 2px; padding-left: 9px; position: relative;">More
</button>

Kerr resting the weary Warriors tomorrow night against the Spurs: Iggy, Steph, Klay, Draymond all sitting out. No Kawhi either.

Just another angle to start capping great angles now...

They could shorten the season to 60 games and this would still happen #pussyleague

I guess the one good thing is he Kerr put it out early. If he didn't, people could've thrown their money on a bad line with the dubs overnight.

I got two books and one has -12 and the other -13.

Not sure why Kerr is resting everybody. This is a HUGE game. And it's gonna come down to the wire I bet for home court advantage in the West. This is a winnable game, despite the travel stuff. Kawhi OUT. You got the next two days off, play your guys.

They don't care about the #1 seed as much as they care about keeping their players healthy for the playoffs. It's just the way it is. We can say whatever we want but no other athletes have to go through the schedules that NBA players do. It sucks for ticket holders but Spurs fans don't care as much as other fan bases do.

That's the thing though. They can play these players and still be healthy. Home court is huge. I'd go for the win.

That's the thing though. They can play these players and still be healthy. Home court is huge. I'd go for the win.

You don't know that. The difference between now and the "good ole days" is medical research. That's what these teams go by. There's a higher risk of injury the more you strain you put on your body. I don't blame them for what they're doing.

Weird for okc. Clippers have a lot of these 12:30 pst starts.

Cant go against okc in home games on the weekend

Lamarcus Aldridge OUT INDEFINITELY due to a heart condition.

LaMarcus Aldridge will be out for an indefinite period due to an occurrence of a minor heart arrhythmia.

Nbafan should work for the players union
nba players can do no wrong in his eyes

That's alright Duds,

I saw a guy on another board that demands that b2b games only be played at home.

Just another angle to start capping great angles now...

They could shorten the season to 60 games and this would still happen #pussyleague

you think they would still do this kind of thing though? rest the entire starting lineup? I could see a star rests here or there, but not 3-5 guys.

i've wanted them to shorten the season forever, 20+ years...i think if it went down to 62 games, you wouldnt have to do this kind of shit. schedules would be kinder....

They don't care about the #1 seed as much as they care about keeping their players healthy for the playoffs. It's just the way it is. We can say whatever we want but no other athletes have to go through the schedules that NBA players do. It sucks for ticket holders but Spurs fans don't care as much as other fan bases do.

Um, NHL.

And all that is...is the age difference to be honest...fans under 30 don't understand it all that well...
Yeah different time
its like when I showed my buddies the le Melo ball cherry picking clips when he scored 90. First thing said was why didn't someone send him into the wall after the first time he cherry picked
pussy mentality these days

You don't know that. The difference between now and the "good ole days" is medical research. That's what these teams go by. There's a higher risk of injury the more you strain you put on your body. I don't blame them for what they're doing.

So your saying there is more risk of injury in 2017 than there was in say 1987?

Are you inferring that travel is much worse in 2017 than 1987? Are the private team planes that much more uncomfortable than flying commercial 30 years ago?

How dare u force me to sit on a private plane with catered food n play cards. Tough life

you think they would still do this kind of thing though? rest the entire starting lineup? I could see a star rests here or there, but not 3-5 guys.

i've wanted them to shorten the season forever, 20+ years...i think if it went down to 62 games, you wouldnt have to do this kind of shit. schedules would be kinder....

Well yeah the schedules would be much kinder. The season is never shortening, too much $$$ involved. Also, the playoffs are going to continue to feature two-week long series for the same reason.

The funny part is the Playoffs are like 'rest' now and have been for many years now. There is so much less strain etc on one come that time of year.

How dare u force me to sit on a private plain with catered food n play cards. Tough life

It is terrible. I cannot believe these multi-millionaires are suffering like this. Absolutely ridiculous. These guys 6'8" and above should be able to fly commercially so they have less room to be comfortable.

Back