College Football 2020 Discussion... as it pertains to our current climate

Status
Not open for further replies.
More stuff wrt UM

They expect some level of in-person student instruction

They have backup plans for a huge outbreak (I would hope all schools do)

Capacity will be somewhere between 20-50%

As far as that capacity, apparently Whitmer will have the final say so take that for what it is worth.

Washington AD has been working very hard on that game and it is back in play @jimmymo

The Washington AD has been visiting different venues to learn different processes/policies. Apparently UW is looking hard at how Nascar has been operating since their return.

Michigan players will have daily screening (I'd assume like when we go to doctors offices -- questions/temps?)

Workouts will be in smaller groups

As far as the Big Ten teams...the ones to watch as far as the season starting on time...

Rutgers
Minnesota
Illinois
Northwestern
MSU
UM

Obviously the Michigan schools could be stunted a bit since Whitmer considers 200 cases a day problematic right now

The Illinois numbers are still very high, which is weird since they should be on same timeline as Michigan

Minnesota, that is the highest percentage of LTC deaths on country so...I dunno?

Rutgers...we can do without them.

As far as the Big Ten teams...the ones to watch as far as the season starting on time...

Rutgers
Minnesota
Illinois
Northwestern
MSU
UM

Obviously the Michigan schools could be stunted a bit since Whitmer considers 200 cases a day problematic right now

The Illinois numbers are still very high, which is weird since they should be on same timeline as Michigan

Minnesota, that is the highest percentage of LTC deaths on country so...I dunno?

Rutgers...we can do without them.

The Big Ten would probably have to fold without Rutgers holding them up.

Most positive news yet out of the Big 12 today.

Bowlsby, the commissioner, believes the season will start on time. The TCU chancellor joins in and believes the same.

Both expect an announcement from the Football Oversight Committee on Thursday to make it official, and the American Football Coaches Association will join in.

Thing looks more positive every day

Last edited:
I hope people realize this will happen at every school..this is why we have protocols in place. These kids have not been at home self isolating. Dam Wolken just creamed his pants.

Baylor/Old Miss game moved from Labor Day to Sunday, the 6th, to give it a bigger audience.

Things look a little more positive every day

Baylor/Old Miss game moved from Labor Day to Sunday, the 6th, to give it a bigger audience.

Things look a little more positive every day
I dated a girl who transferred from Baylor to Ole Miss 30 years ago. Said there were way more drugs at Baylor.

I didn't want to put this in capping thread just yet..

But I'm looking at the positive tests coming back for schools...

Heavier in places that had lax restrictions and lighter in tighter restricted states.

This is going to be one heck of an advantage come the season.

Here is the thing... You're going to have guys miss a few weeks with the virus...it's inevitable. Obviously the closer you can get your team to herd immunity, the better.

Texaa having 13 of the team already infected is interesting.

Now, another team (I'll use UM as an example) that has had 0-2 test positive so far (3 sports were tested, and 2 total positive reports) might have more of a chance of an outbreak.

Something to think about.

If I'm a school with cash, I pony up for the Antibody test as well so we know what we're working with.

Back to how to cap this...

-GOY lines
-RSWs

Last edited:
Terrific news for Clemson

They'll be at herd immunity in no time.

This gonna be so big capping RSWs. Value all over the place.

I get what you're saying, but Clemson rsw already is or will be high.

Other schools, for sure.

I get what you're saying, but Clemson rsw already is or will be high.

Other schools, for sure.
Yeah, definitely not on the Tigers.

I'm looking at others. I'm gonna wait and start tracking what I can for a few more weeks.

I'll say, a team having 2 total is not a good sign...but plenty of summer to go.

The one big concern I have is with colleges overall.....Schools aren't even back in session, I just wonder what the plans are going to be for the dorms, cafeterias, college bars. house parties, classrooms...I mean kids are gonna be kids...and student athletes want to enjoy campus life as well...

The one big concern I have is with colleges overall.....Schools aren't even back in session, I just wonder what the plans are going to be for the dorms, cafeterias, college bars. house parties, classrooms...I mean kids are gonna be kids...and student athletes want to enjoy campus life as well...
Exactly.

Hence, my stance on wanting to get it out of the way.

With that being said, we'll see what will get termed 'outbreaks' at some schools (whether it's 10 or 100 for example) and the media will be all over that.

They are pushing very hard right now to get all sports cancelled. It's pretty amazing stuff going on.

Now, let's use memorial day weekend pool party at Ozarks. One case? That's all that was reported. That's college age kids mostly. So...just one example.

I still think there is going to be a major push from liberals to not allow college sports at all. In states like Michigan, Oregon, and California I highly doubt that the governors will just go along. With the all knowing Fauci sounding the alarms on pro football where do you think that leaves college.

Expect a big push for all on line classes in these states and with that will come no sports. You guys are crazy to think this will go off without a hitch.

I still think there is going to be a major push from liberals to not allow college sports at all. In states like Michigan, Oregon, and California I highly doubt that the governors will just go along. With the all knowing Fauci sounding the alarms on pro football where do you think that leaves college.

Expect a big push for all on line classes in these states and with that will come no sports. You guys are crazy to think this will go off without a hitch.
I knew it wouldn't go without a hitch.

I shouldn't be surprised at the reaction to some positive tests.

Did they REALLY think none of these kids would have it or had it?

C'mon.

I knew it wouldn't go without a hitch.

I shouldn't be surprised at the reaction to some positive tests.

Did they REALLY think none of these kids would have it or had it?

C'mon.

You will start to hear that its not safe to open up the schools so the online classes will replace in person sessions and if you can't have classes how can you possibly risk the lives of these players. I am not even certain that the pro leagues will start again but I will be shocked if college football is played in September.

As of today... I think pro football will be played on time.

Cfb, it just depends on what happens on these campuses in the late summer. I can see start dates being pushed back until all students are acclimated, not just student athletes.

Money and politics win 99% of time though
. So it's always fluid.

Michigan actually has a very low infection rate, great contact tracing program and low hospitalizations for right now.

I think though, college campuses, if not handled right, can fuck it all up for any state come August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back