CFL Syndicate 2022

The Elks are an absolute MASH unit on defense this week.

3 starting DBs out
starting MLB out
starting LT out
4 rotational DL out

BC might roll them. Some books have moved to 4 now.

Thanks for the @ mention Hulu. Hope you and everyone else has been well.

Nice to have the faster paced league back...dogs and unders are generally good plays in early weeks. I like the Als +4 with a tough running game and Khari at coach.

I, like many others, am curious of which BLM will show up. I also think Als have enough to score 3 for every Stamps 7. This will fall apart if the Stamps get the run game going at home.

Thanks for the @ mention Hulu. Hope you and everyone else has been well.

Nice to have the faster paced league back...dogs and unders are generally good plays in early weeks. I like the Als +4 with a tough running game and Khari at coach.

I, like many others, am curious of which BLM will show up. I also think Als have enough to score 3 for every Stamps 7. This will fall apart if the Stamps get the run game going at home.
Nice to see ya bud.

Usually its dogd and unders but this season I want to see what effect the rule changes have before I get on the under train.

Enjoy the season

Bringing all pending plays into one post...

Friday...
1*/.5* Ottawa +12/+11.5 -110/-110

Saturday...
1* Saskatchewan -1 -105
1* HAM / SSK over 44.5 -110

1.5* BC Lions -3.5 -108
1* EDM / BC over 46.5 -110

Al's +3.5 and over 45

Last season Ottawa was the worst and Winnipeg was the best. As of right now I hold only the over 44.5. I will wait a week on these teams. I expect Ott to improve and Winnipeg to come back to earth. How far are these teams apart? My far betting on Ott is 21-17 with a late Peg TD and the +9 isnt enough.

Ticats Riders Over 44.5
2 seasons ago Ticats were the best.so them being a dog is nice. I think they should win. As of now only over

Elks+3.5 This is the only over that scares me. I have yet to take the total. New team is BC this season and Young QB. Mistakes may get the over but this is no longer the high power offense until they prove it to me. On the flip side Edmontons D last season was poor. Maybe as the season moves along the D should improve.
2-0 works for me

What a wild swing, what do you think happened?

Just people pounding redblacks when limits went up?

I see a lot of the TSN people like Derek Taylor etc are picking the redblacks to win the east this year so maybe a lot of the public is jumping on board.

But the fact that it went from 9.5 to 7.5 overnight seems to indicate maybe a pro or syndicate hit it. Not a lot of the public bets at 4am

Started a 3 team parlay last night with Toronto +4/Ottawa +10/open

Today ended up taking Winnipeg -5.5 (-130) for a nice middle at 6,7,8, and 9 and the half middle on 10.

Another 700+ yard game last night. Even if the score didn't match, we have another data point showing offenses are back this year.

Results after week 1...

Sides 5-0 +4.75*
Totals 1-1 -0.10*
Live/2H 1-0 +0.25*

Overall 7-1 +4.90*

Another week at the office. Back to work for week 2.

eta...forgot to incl the sask win in the record

Last edited:
Results after week 1...

Sides 4-0 +3.75*
Totals 1-1 -0.10*
Live/2H 1-0 +0.25*

Overall 6-1 +3.90*

Another week at the office. Back to work for week 2.
Splendid.

Love the hard work paying off.

When did we get the next slates lines last year?

Splendid.

Love the hard work paying off.

When did we get the next slates lines last year?

Typically Tuesday but with betting being legalized in Canada there's more competition than ever before so some books may release early. Won't have decent limits until at least Tuesday.

I don't have any sure fire spots this week that I see right now but I'm sure something will come up as the week rolls on.

Thay being said Edmonton this week was a test anyone should pass
Wow yeah, what a mess.

Chris Jones obviously doesn't want Arbuckle but who else does he have to start? And the defense is an absolute mess. They have Sask at home next week and I don't think it'll be pretty. Anything under -7 would be hittable IMO

I read something this week that suggested the difference between 2019 Fajardo and 2021 Fajardo was the OC. In 2019 it was Macadoo and in 2021 and again this year its Jason Maas.

Fajardo seems like a genuine, level-headed guy and Maas comes off like a grade A asshole and hot head. I wonder if there is friction there?

As good as Hamilton's defense is, I didn't come away impressed with Sask's offense last night.

Week 1 offense

2021: 680 ypg
2022: 736 ypg

An increase of 8.2%. If we convert that to points, that would be an expected increase of 3.5pts per game over LY. We actually got much more than that.

Only 1 week but its one more data point and they're all aligned.

Lines are out early!!!

1* Ottawa +7.5 -110

They're still lining Ottawa like its last year. This team is legit. The out-yarded Winnipeg 441-289 last week and left 17 points on the field with some mistakes. Expect them to compete toe to toe with Winnipeg on home turf this week.

Last week was one of those rare games where both organizations won. Even though the RBs lost, the organization has to be happy with how they look after back to back 3 win seasons. I think the fan base will come back too and TD place shpu;d be a great environment.

I have a couple others I'm eyeing but hit this one now as this number won't hang around

Lines are out early!!!

1* Ottawa +7.5 -110

They're still lining Ottawa like its last year. This team is legit. The out-yarded Winnipeg 441-289 last week and left 17 points on the field with some mistakes. Expect them to compete toe to toe with Winnipeg on home turf this week.

Last week was one of those rare games where both organizations won. Even though the RBs lost, the organization has to be happy with how they look after back to back 3 win seasons. I think the fan base will come back too and TD place shpu;d be a great environment.

I have a couple others I'm eyeing but hit this one now as this number won't hang around

+5.5 now at Pinny...slightly juiced to the dog. Down to a straight 5 at Will Hill.

I missed the 7.5 on Ottawa, dont think I can take it at 6 where it is now

Did grab toronto Als over, I seem to like the toronto offense more than the books do, and we saw ,Montreal can move the ball

Big lean in the riders, it's at 6.5 now, I dont think it moves past that, so some more time to look into and see the injury list

Lean ticats too, but no play yet

I missed the 7.5 on Ottawa, dont think I can take it at 6 where it is now

Did grab toronto Als over, I seem to like the toronto offense more than the books do, and we saw ,Montreal can move the ball
My thinking exactly on the Als/Argos. Both can move the ball and without Stanback Montreal might be inclined to pass more. Also, Montreal lost 2 DBs last game so theres a good chance they will be juggling the defensive backfield this week

In Ottawa I made the line 3 and was prepared to hit +4.5 or better. I think this one is decided late.

Big lean in the riders, it's at 6.5 now, I dont think it moves past that, so some more time to look into and see the injury list

Lean ticats too, but no play yet
Same with me on the Riders. The only thing keeping me off is that they are not a team to get a lot of margin although depending on Edmonton's defensive situation, I might be able to overlook that. Like you said though I think we have some time.

In Hamilton I lean stamps after seeing that horrible OL for the cats. I am going to wait out the total and see if I can get an extra point or two before I hit the under. I think this could be a real under game with 2 good defenses and offenses with question marks.

Calgary QB may decide it for me

If its BLM I lean under big time, Maier not so sure

Just based on how they play, BLM is very much like late career dickenson, no arm strength to throw deep, only can if he really has time to put his whole body into, which kills clock and leans me under

Maier was going deeper instantly, and he was completing a lot, hamilton a better d than the Als, but if hes willing to go deep as often as it looks like he did, hes gonna hit a couple

Back