CFB Week 12 (11/11-11/18) News and Picks

Notebook: Key Longhorns on the mend

By John Bridges, Suzane Halliburton and Alan Trubow
AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Injury update
Signs are pretty good that some of the ailing Longhorns will return for Kansas.
Star defensive end Brian Orakpo, who sprained a knee against Texas Tech, met with the media Monday. That's something injured players generally don't do.
Orakpo said he is hoping to play. "Me, personally, I'm good," Orakpo said. "It's up to the coaches, a higher authority — the training staff — to let me loose."
Orakpo did not work out all last week. He is hoping to be cleared for workouts today.
Meanwhile, offensive tackle Adam Ulatoski also attended Monday's media luncheon. He left the Baylor game with an injury to his elbow. After the game, he was wearing a splint. He didn't have it on Monday.
"We're pretty positive that I'll be able to do everything come Tuesday," Ulatoski said.
Quarterback Colt McCoy is banged up as well. He said he's taking antibiotics to treat an infected cut on his lower lip. He suffered the cut in the Texas Tech loss.
Defensive tackle Lamarr Houston was not available to the media Monday. He left the Baylor game early in the first quarter after aggravating a foot injury. He will be watched through week. It is unclear whether he'll be able to practice.
Bailey or Lawrence: Who'll kick against Kansas?
Coach Mack Brown said that Longhorn coaches will track Ryan Bailey and Hunter Lawrence closely this week to see who gets the nod to kick Texas' field goals this week against Kansas.
Lawrence moved in and claimed the starting job when Bailey was hampered by injury during preseason camp in August. On Saturday, Bailey returned the favor.
Texas coaches said Monday that Lawrence was nursing a sore leg last week, but he still got the first shot at field goals against Baylor. Lawrence ended up missing two attempts, his first misses of the season, although he made all six extra points.
Bailey's 30-yard field goal ended Texas' scoring for the day.
Wintry forecast
For whoever kicks, weather promises to be a factor Saturday.The forecast for Lawrence, Kan., calls for a high wind warning with temperatures reaching a high in the low 40s.
Coaches impressed with tailback Whittaker's play
Saturday's team-leading 77-yard performance may be the breakout that redshirt freshman tailback Fozzy Whittaker has been looking for. At least, it impressed his coaches.
"Everybody now is seeing the vision and the burst that we saw in August," said Texas offensive coordinator Greg Davis.
But since August and early September, Whittaker has battled with sprains to both knees, limiting him to appearances in just four games this season.
Coaches are also no longer concerned about Whittaker's ability to pick up pass rushers and protect quarterback Colt McCoy.
"He needs to get stronger," Brown said of the Pearland product. "These big linebackers, it's hard for him at his size. High school backs do not pass protect a lot. So, he knows what to do now, he just needs to get stronger so he can handle them all. He got ran over once on Saturday protecting, but he gave his body up and Colt still got the pass off. \u2026
"He's in playing shape now. After his knee, it was really hard to hit him because he wasn't well. Now, he seems to be getting it all. We think he can really help us here at the end. I really think Vondrell played better, as well."
Whittaker has had 21 carries the past two games, splitting time with Vondrell McGee. Chris Ogbonnaya, who started four straight games, was limited by an ankle sprain against Baylor.
Reesing ailing
Kansas quarterback Todd Reesing, who starred for Lake Travis High School, took a beating in the Jayhawks 45-35 loss to Nebraska.
"He's fine," Jayhawks coach Mark Mangino said Monday. "He's just banged up a little bit, but nothing that'll slow him down in any way."
Reesing is coming off his season-worst performance in terms of completion percentage, connecting on 15 of his 30 passes. He still threw for 304 yards, his sixth 300-yard game this season.
Mangino said that he'll gladly trade completion percentage for productivity.
"He's making plays. That's the bottom line," Mangino said. "You'd like to see the completion percentage higher, but in this case, it doesn't speak to his productivity."
Muschamp not talking jobs
Defensive coordinator Will Muschamp's name has been linked to every major job opening in the country. However, he said Monday he's not thinking of future employment opportunities.
When a reporter asked whether Muschamp and Brown had some type of understanding about when it would be appropriate for Muschamp to weigh the various jobs he's been linked to, the coach replied curtly, "We're not talking about any other jobs."

like texas a lot this week. honestly haven't even looked at the latech game...and prolly won't, lol.
not going to be on the other 2 games...but would lean towards the home teams, usf and houston.

I like post 100

Interesting on that guys take on going to a game at UT.

I was disappointed too watching on TV. It was even unexpected, but after losing to Tech and then playing Baylor at an 11 a.m. game--the crowd was going to be down anyway.

I was disappointed too watching on TV. It was even unexpected, but after losing to Tech and then playing Baylor at an 11 a.m. game--the crowd was going to be down anyway.

I don't get how you schedule a 11 am game in all honesty.

I don't get how the Cotton Bowl is 10 am local time every year. Amazes me.

have to admit rj, I spend as much time in your thread as anyone's on the net...a one stop shop for great college football articles...and love the pics of the cheer leaders too!...

Last edited:
I don't get how you schedule a 11 am game in all honesty.

I don't get how the Cotton Bowl is 10 am local time every year. Amazes me.

Cotton Bowl was at 11 am this year too. It can be at 11 or 2:30 a.m. Always a day game.

Most of our home games go off at 2:30 pm or 6 pm local. We've also played alot of 7 pm games this year.

In any event, the Baylor crowd was embarrassing. The bandwagon burned and nobody really felt like showing up for Baylor.

Will be a large and rowdy crowd for Aggy on T-giving night though. Senior day, rivalry game, and revenge game on Aggy.

Al Groh Ensures Spot In Future Hot-Seat Articles, Will Coach Again in 2009

from The FanHouse - NCAAfootball
by IanFiled under: Virginia, ACC, NCAA FB Coaching
Whether or not you like it, it's happening. Word to Gavin Newsom, the Virginia faithful will have Al Groh to kick around for another year if we're to take UVA AD Craig Littlepage at his word. Regardless of what happens in the next two games, Groh will be back grumbling on the sidelines in 2009. (Of course, it has every bit as much to do with the figure $5 million as it does with 5-5). After being on the business end of a good ol' fashioned passionate ass-whoopin' this past Saturday against Wake Forest, it's probably safe to assume that expectations have been ratcheted down from "dark horse ACC champ oMG!" to "I guess if we make that Navy bowl game, we'll see if UVA fans really are that bad about traveling en masse." Or at least one that Virginia has a good shot at winning, since I assume beating Georgia Tech has some sort of transitive effect here.
And even that could be a stretch, since Clemson is every bit as much of a mystery at this point and Virginia needed the biggest comeback in school history in order to score their last win in Blacksburg- and that happened in 1998. But hey, as long as Groh knows he'll be back in 2009, doesn't he at least owe it to the long-suffering fans to make things interesting in the event they fall behind way early against Clemson? Maybe let Vic Hall play QB? Triple-option with Peerman, Payne and Simpson...oh, wait.

Ralph Friedgen's Got Beef

by IanFiled under: Maryland, ACC, NCAA FB Rumors
76734014.jpg
Maryland's been known to have its issues against unranked teams, but this Thursday was an even more glaring example of being ranked and plain old rank at the same time. Despite Virginia Tech's obvious youth and plans to not throw all that much, the Terrapin defense still gave up 253 yards to a freshman and 400 overall, dropping a 23-13 match that wasn't as close as you might think. But that's sort of a side story to what's been something of a festering problem, namely, head gastropod in charge Ralph Friedgen's comfort in completely airing out defensive coordinator Chris Cosh. On national TV, no less.
What this overlooks is the fact that even with the loss, Maryland still has a fairly good shot at the division, provided they win out- they still get a date with Wake Forest and their losses have occurred outside of their own division. Still, you have to wonder if this whole kerfluffle is a matter of projection on the part of Ralph, considering he's every bit as much of a hot seat candidate in '09 as his 2001 cohort Al Groh.

A Nasty Cheap Shot Results in Injury

from The Wiz of Odds by Jay Christensen
<embed class="content-block-fix" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="never" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PXG74PFs4N8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="470" height="389">Popout
Houston defensive end Phillip Hunt flattens Tulane quarterback Joe Kemp after a whistle blows the play dead for delay of game during the Cougars' victory Saturday night in Houston. Unfortunately, Kemp suffered a broken collarbone in two places.
Hunt, who has since issued an apology, was called for unnecessary roughness but not ejected. Conference USA ruled Monday that Hunt won't be suspended, a ruling that Green Wave coach Bob Toledo said was wrong.
Tulane athletic director Rick Dickson has asked the Conference USA office to review the play, not only for Hunt's actions but also for how the officials handled it.
"It was the job of the officials to protect a defenseless player," Dickson said. "We saw a flag and everyone stop except one player and the official [back judge Ivan Daniels] did not move to protect the quarterback."
Houston was called for 143 yards in penalties in the 42-14 victory.

[FONT=verdana, arial, sans serif]Fiu's Cavalcade of Whimsy ... Part 1[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, sans serif]
[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, sans serif]
a.k.a. Frank Costanza's Festivus Airing of the Grievances

[/FONT]
COMING WEDNESDAY ... Part 2. The ten teams in the national title hunt and what they have to do to get there ... and do they deserve it?[FONT=verdana, arial, sans serif][SIZE=-2]

By Pete Fiutak
What's your beef? ... Fire off your thoughts
Past Whimsies
[/SIZE][/FONT] 2006 Season | 2007 Season
-
Preseason Cavalcade | Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4
- Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Week 8 | Week 9 | Week 10
If this column sucks, it’s not my fault … after a 17-0 loss to Boston College, Charlie Weis has decided he’s going to take a more active role in the column. He believes he can be the “answer” to the “problem.”

Like him or not, the guy is on the record for wanting a college football playoff …
(I’m sorry about this groaner. I really, really am, but it’s too goofy a coincidence in wordplay, and way too ironic, to not use it. I ask that you get through it and keep on moving through the rest of the column. Thank you for your support and for your understanding during this unfortunate blurb.)

Before anyone else figures this out, I’ll throw it out there … Alobama. The Crimson Tide is running a calm, cool, flawless campaign. It doesn’t get rattled, head coach Nick Saban never wavers off the message of focusing on the task at hand, it answers adversity when challenged with a business-like approach that focuses solely on getting the job done without getting too high or too low, and it keeps getting sharper and better even though everyone is waiting for the big stumble.

“Uh no, they’re saying Boo-urns, Boo-urns.”
… I’m a fan of booing everything from the Starbucks barista who put too much foam in my latte, to the little girl in the wheelchair throwing out the ceremonial first pitch, to this column when I write horrific crap like Alobama. It’s your right as a sports fan, hell, as an American (unlike the Europeans and their weasely whistling) to take out all your pent up unchanneled angst with a big, fat, cathartic, starting-from-your-toes-and-working-its-way-out BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

With that said, LSU fans, there’s absolutely no reason to have any issue with Saban. Had he left LSU for Alabama, then yeah, it would be understandable to feel jilted and really ticked off. But it’s not like he pulled a
Joe "You're dead to me, Fredo" Lieberman and trashed the place; he took off for a pro gig and has been nothing but complimentary and gracious when it comes to LSU. You can not like the Alabama head coach, but at least give the dude a little credit. He made you. LSU was doing a fat load of jack squat before Saban showed up, and he not only won you a national title, but he built the foundation for the college football superpower that gave you another championship last year and the possibility for more in the future.
“Money can’t buy happiness? Look at the (bleep)ing smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby.” … Give Saban credit; the man is focused. “I know I don’t look happy, but I am,” he said after the win over Georgia a few weeks ago, and repeated something to that effect after beating LSU. Apparently, him being happy is a job requirement as part of the $4-mildo he’s receiving, but that’s just not his style. If you're a Tide fan, it's all about your happiness right now. This isn't a one-year thing. He has the juggernaut back on track.

Said with a wink, you betcha! …
95% of Americans under $200,000 getting a tax cut. Joe the Plumber. He voted with Bush 90% of the time. Drill, Baby, Drill. Redistribute the wealth. Maverick. By the end of the long, long presidential campaign everyone could recite the talking points and catch phrases by heart. The candidates kept saying the same things over and over and over again until it became second nature to anyone who watched TV for more than 14 seconds over the last six months. Taking a cue from what works, I will stay on point and keep pounding away at my message until it becomes second nature to the American public … 8 teams, 6 BCS-league champions, the top ranked non-BCS champion, the top ranked at-large team. America, it's your turn to get what you want.

[SIZE=-1]
614003.jpg
[/SIZE]
“I know I don’t look happy, but I am.” … Nick, the media held a meeting, and everyone decided to stop asking you about your happiness! (Cut to reaction shot)

The Undercard For UFC 91: Couture vs. Lesnar …
The ill-tempered Bo Pelini vs. the “unleashed” Oprah. Place your bets.

8 teams, 6 BCS-league champions, the top ranked non-BCS champion, the top ranked at-large team. America, it's your turn to get what you want.

“If that’s true we’re going to really have to start brushing our teeth.” … I’m suffering from withdrawal. I miss all the political stuff I'm used to having on a continuous all-night loop while working, and now that it’s all over, fine, I’ll start watching (gritted teeth) the Wednesday night college football games.

I’ve got your Nielson rating right here, really …
Granted, it was on the smallest of my three office TVs and the sound was down, but I’d be stunned if I wasn’t the only person in America to have watched the Tuesday night Miami University vs. Buffa
lo game.
[SIZE=-1]
614003.jpg
[/SIZE]
“I know I don’t look happy, but I am.” … Nick, it turns out one of the circumcisions Tim Tebow performed didn’t take and he has to go back to finish the job on December 6th! (Cut to reaction shot)

8 teams, 6 BCS-league champions, the top ranked non-BCS champion, the top ranked at-large team. America, it's your turn to get what you want.

And your Saturdays are never free … With the Prop 8 debate in California the nation’s hot button issue at the moment, there's a standard comedic line being used in some form on all the shows. Let Yag people marry; why shouldn't they be as miserable as the rest of us? Apply the same lame joke to minority football coaches. Sure they’re not getting hired, but why would they want to be? Being a big-time college football head coach is a miserable existence. There’s no job security, there’s no margin for error, you can’t have a bad year, and even if you’ve been an unquestioned success you’re going to be expected to produce at the same high level every year or you’re gone. You don’t sleep, you don’t have a family anymore, you have to suck up to old guys who call themselves Happy or Colonel and you have pitch and sell to 16-and-17-year-old kids who think they're ready for the NFL right now. The stress level is off the charts and you're under a constant microscope. But hey, if that’s for you, knock yourself out.

Next up: A study to figure out the number of Caucasian American NBA All-Stars …
From the Department of No Duh, a recent study showed that the number of African-American college football head coaches is dwindling. Actually, the Institute of Diversity and Ethics In Sport at UCF concluded that most of the major leadership positions involving college sports, from presidents and athletic directors on down, aren’t making the headway needed with it comes to minority hiring into positions of power. College football-wise, the firing of Ty Willingham and Ron Prince didn’t help the cause.

Try this pop quiz. Outside of Willingham and Prince, name the four remaining African-American head coaches among the 119 FBS schools.
If you’re reading this, you’re into college football and there are only four to come up with so this shouldn’t be that hard .... time's up.

If you're like the others I asked in my unscientific poll of a few die-hard college football fans, you immediately got Sylvester Croom and Turner Gill. Half of you needed a second to remember Randy Shannon, and almost none of you got the fourth one right away: Houston's Kevin Sumlin. If you didn't get Sumlin, that's partly because the media didn't make much out of a minority becoming a head coach. While it should've been hailed more as a positive, it's not necessarily a bad thing that race went largely unrecognized. To many of us in the media, especially us under-40 types, we just didn't notice so it didn't get any play.

Of course hiring more minority head coaches is important because of the influence, the role model aspect, and the power and prestige the position holds. Of course the “Eddie Robinson Rule” (meaning minorities need to be interviewed whenever there’s an opening) needs to be in effect and enforced to make sure that African-Americans aren’t forgotten about in the hiring process. It's important.

[SIZE=-1]
614003.jpg
[/SIZE]
“I know I don’t look happy, but I am.” … Nick, Heidi Klum just saw you coming out of the locker room and she decided to dump Seal! (Cut to reaction shot)

If only they played in a major media market and if they could just get on TV once in a while, then maybe, just maybe people would start to notice Pete Carroll is one of my favorite college football coaches. He gets it. He gets that it’s all supposed to be fun, he’s not the total jerkweed that most of the superstar coaches quickly become once they get drunk with power, and he’s never afraid to challenge his team against anyone, any place, any time. However, he’s off on his “BCS stinks” rant.

He says he doesn’t understand how the system works. Pete, let me clear it up for you. If you win, and if your ridiculously talented team doesn’t choke (and yes, your team is so loaded year in and year out that a loss to anyone outside of the top 10 is a choke), you will play for the national title. The same can’t be said for anyone else in America outside of an undefeated SEC champion. You’ve earned the benefit of a hundred doubts on this one when it comes to the really, really big games that matter, so the BCS boils down to this: win, and you're in.

Because of the USC brand name, if it goes unbeaten, it will play for the national title no matter what. Forget about strength of schedule and forget about appearances. USC gets so much blind love and respect from the media (check out Lee Corso on GameDay every Saturday or the way Mike Mayock likes to blast away on me whenever the Trojans come up on our NFL Network appearances) that it will always, always find a spot in the national championship if it finishes 12-0. That it’s USC is the only reason it’s still considered a national title contender this year. If Cal, Oregon, or anyone else in the Pac 10 had the exact same 2008 résumé as USC (yes, even with the tremendous defense that’s stopping all the horrifically bad Pac 10 offenses), there wouldn’t be one word about a national title shot.

[SIZE=-1]
614003.jpg
[/SIZE]
“I know I don’t look happy, but I am.” … Nick, they decided your annual salary is now $4,000,001! (Cut to reaction shot)

If the return of Bill Snyder is your answer … … you need to ask more questions. Are you really allowed to have jacked up expectations at Kansas State? The program became strong under Bill Snyder, who proved to be a miracle worker, but it only won one Big 12 title and that was thanks to an epic upset of Oklahoma. The failed Ron Prince experiment showed that 1) hoping for JUCO players to form the bulk of your talent base doesn’t work. Bill Callahan showed that at Nebraska, and 2) you can’t lose to an in-state rival like Kansas 52-21 when you’re in the midst of a disappointing season. Remember, as mediocre as the Prince era has been, it was better than the end of Snyder’s run.

“So, that's it then, hmm? Just like a young man coming in for a quickie. I feel so unsatisfied. I'm sorry. You must feel proud and good. Strong enough to beat the world.” ... Reason No. 413 why the Big Ten sort of sucks. To show how exciting the league is, the Big Ten Network keeps running a promo highlighting the spectacular last-minute 46-yard touchdown run from Purdue’s Kory Sheets to beat Central Michigan. So, Big Ten, one of your teams needed a last-second miracle dash, at home, to get by a team from the MAC, and that’s what you have to hang your hat on? There has to be a better Big Ten non-conference moment this year, right? There was the thrilling way that Illinois held on to beat UL Lafayette. No? There was Minnesota scoring a touchdown after going for it on fourth down, and batting down a last gasp pass attempt in the end zone, to beat Northern Illinois. Doesn’t do it for you? The Northwestern defense holding on to beat Duke? Wisconsin grinding it out to close out Fresno State? That’s about it. And you wanted Penn State in your national title game.

Random Acts of Nutty … Provocative musings and tidbits to make every woman want you and every man want to be you (or vice versa) a.k.a. things I didn’t feel like writing bigger blurbs for.

- In theory, the Tennessee job sounds like a dream come true for most coaches, but it’s set up to be a tough gig in a Ron Zook-bridge-the-gap sort of way. The expectations are jacked through the roof, Florida isn’t going anywhere as long as Urban Meyer is there, Georgia is still strong, and Alabama is the big elephant on the schedule to deal with. It’s going to take at least two recruiting classes to get Tennessee at the level Vol fans want it to be at, which means there’s no national title discussion until at least 2011, at best. It’s going to take an A-lister with a ton of job security and a lot of money to want the aggravation.

- It’s not like AC/DC was cutting edge anymore for anyone other than those who don’t wear sleeves on a regular basis, but if your record is being sold exclusively at Wal-Mart, you’re officially ready to be played on WMOM. Go ahead and blast Angus in your Dodge Caravan.

-

- Don’t dismiss LSU QB Jarrett Lee quite yet. That touchdown pass he threw to Demetrius Byrd showed why he could be a good one with a little time and a lot of coaching, but for now, he’s a killer. LSU beats Alabama if it gets competent quarterback play.

- Who predicted Texas Tech would be unbeaten going into the Oklahoma showdown? Well, we did. Sorry to chirp, but I was fired up to see that we got this right in the Preview because ...

- I wanted to kill myself with a Veg-o-matic when Iowa beat Penn State because I ignored the Upset Voice that rings in my head once in a while (yes, the same one that told me that Ohio State would beat USC, but I digress). I told anyone who’d listen (and many who wouldn’t) that the Nittany Lions would have trouble in Iowa City and that Daryll Clark was a question mark in the fourth quarter, considering he hadn’t needed to throw a meaningful crunch time pass. Of course, I wussed out in a big way and picked Penn State to pull away late. With that in mind, my I’m-too-chicken-spit-to-actually-call-it pick of the week to watch for: South Carolina. I think Florida is winning the national title, but part of me thinks the Gamecocks are going to show up big-time in Gainesville, and it’s not just the Spurrier factor. Florida is due for a clunker.

C.O.W. shameless gimmick item … The weekly five Overrated/Underrated aspects of the world
1) Overrated: 2008 Oklahoma ... Underrated: 2007 Georgia
2) Overrated: Senior Day … Underrated: The real world with no jobs to be had
3) Overrated: “Red, or black” ... Underrated: “Both”
4) Overrated: Mid-level Big Ten teams ... Underrated: Ball State, Western Michigan, Central Michigan
5) Overrated: The BCS, according to Joe Paterno ... Underrated: The BSC, according to Joe Paterno

“I hearby designate Graham Harrell, Texas Tech as my First Choice to receive the Heisman Memorial Trophy awarded to the most outstanding college football player in the United States for 2008. To the best of my knowledge he conforms to the rules governing this vote.”

My Second Choice Is:
Colt McCoy, Texas
My Third Choice Is: Sam Bradford, Oklahoma (although Iowa’s Shonn Greene is hovering)

“You know I'm born to lose, and gambling's for fools/But that's the way I like it baby, I don't wanna live forever” … The three lines this week that appear to be a tad off.

Officials estimated close to a quarter-million people gathered in Grant Park to be a part of the shared experience and emotional outpouring of me finally going 2-1. (Cut to Oprah weeping on some random dude and then screaming bizarrely for CNN about how she never thought this was going to happen “in … MY … lifetime”). I’m up to 12-20-1 overall.

I press on by taking the three games I’m sure of … 1) Central Michigan +3 over Northern Illinois, 2) Notre Dame -3 over Navy, 3) Georgia -8 over Auburn

Last Week: 1) Kentucky +10.5 over Georgia (WIN), 2) Arkansas +10 over South Carolina (LOSS), 3) Houston -14 over Tulane (WIN)

-
8 teams, 6 BCS-league champions, the top ranked non-BCS champion, the top ranked at-large team. America, it's your turn to ... eh, screw it. We're stuck with it as is.

Sorry this column sucked, but it wasn’t my fault … I wasn’t exactly rocketing into coaching stardom with my gig as the quarterback coach at West Texas A&M, and now I have to fight through drug allegations.

COMING WEDNESDAY ... Part 2. The ten teams in the national title hunt and what they have to do to get there ... and do they deserve it?

String of non-football related posts to follow. But they have to do with hot girls so you may still like them.

Adrienne Bailon Has A Good Publicist

November 10, 2008

<!--content with more link--> Here are some pics of Adrienne Bailon from The Cheetah Girls whoring it up in some leaked privated photos. The Cheetah Girls is a pop group concieved by and produced by Disney. They have a couple movies out, sold a bunch of records and had a successful tour. Apparently these photos were stolen from her laptop and are part of a crazy extortion scheme. I really wouldn’t doubt this is part of a well concieved publicity stunt to coincide with the release of her solo record. I didn’t know who the fuck Adrienne Bailon was yesterday and now I do…. Congrats to her p.r. team. I posted a Cheetah Girls musiv video below. Its pretty shitty music….if you a masochist…you might enjoy it.
adrienne_bailon_01.jpg

adrienne_bailon_02.jpg

adrienne_bailon_03.jpg

<center>
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mwJT3Ekmews&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>
</center> <!--for paginate posts--> Topics: hacked |

Ladies Say Mrs. Ashley Cole Possesses Best “Girls Aloud”

A poll of British women ages 16 to 24 (yes, the same women who thought this was the best celebrity mother) voted Cheryl Cole, pop singer and wife of Chelsea defender Ashley Cole, as having the best celebrity rack. Why her? On what scientific grounds was this decided? Stop thinking so much and just look at the pictures (added bonus: a compilation video made by someone who may or may not be plotting to kidnap her and keep her in a big jar in their basement)…

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lLGY0nwQA8c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object></p>

For Yanks--

Welcome To The Mamasita Piscina Party... Bianca Holland

Because you’re either at lunch on the east coast, thinking about lunch in central time or just got into work on the west coast, we thought we’d liven up your free time with some beautiful women in bikinis. Today it’s Puerto Rican cutie Bianca Holland, who’s a mom, so watch what you say in the comments. Ah, who are we kidding… fire away. If you want to check out more chicas like her, click here.

• Dimensions: 34-24-34
  • Cup: D
  • Height: 5’5”
  • Hair: Brown/Eyes: Green
  • So, you’re like a total MILF… what’s that like? It’s just like being a sexy woman without a kid, but a lot more guys offer to take my groceries out to the car hoping to get lucky in the backseat. Like, hello, my kid’s in the car. Besides, that only gets you a handy in the alley behind the store.*Check out more pictures of Bianca after the jump.
    <table class="gallery" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

<table class="gallery" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>*May or may not be true.

Headlinin': A late, vicious hit that Houston can't apologize for

from Dr. Saturday - NCAAF - Yahoo! Sports by Matt Hinton
Play hard through the echo of the snap of the quarterback's collarbone. Houston's Phillip Hunt is very sorry for the hit he put on Tulane quarterback Joe Kemp Saturday, he really is:
<embed class="content-block-fix" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PXG74PFs4N8&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en&fs=1" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="never" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344">Popout​
Tulane, understandably, is not in such a forgiving mood. Kemp is out for the season with a broken collarbone, coach Bob Toledo was angry Hunt wasn't ejected and athletic director Rick Dickson has asked for a review by Conference USA of both Hunt and the officials' reaction. Hunt, for his part, claimed he was the only player on the field who didn't hear a whistle because his "adrenaline was pumping," and he felt he was still being blocked. Watch the clip again, keep an eye on the right tackle allegedly blocking Hunt and judge for yourself.
Are right tackles like amputated limbs? You still feel them even when they're not really there?
It's not a 'demotion,' Jarrett, just a chance to relieve us of your crippling Pick Six-itis. LSU fans have had a certain perspective about Jarrett Lee for weeks, and after the redshirt freshman tossed his tenth, eleventh, twelfth and thirteenth interceptions of the year Saturday against Alabama -- including the sixth run back for a touchdown -- Les Miles finally agrees with them. Well, almost: Lee will probably split time Saturday against Troy with true freshman Jordan Jefferson.
Miles hedged his bets, saying he's only "leaning" toward a rotation, depending on how Jefferson plays in practice and in his first opportunities under center in a game doing something other than the basic quarterback off-tackle play he's run once against North Texas, Mississippi State and Tulane. But the coach recognizes the Tigers need to get Lee "off the field a little bit," and if Jefferson allows "a little bit" to become "a lot," or "permanently," then so be it.
ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-662889953-1226413927.jpg
West Virginia, ya bastard, Brian Kelly read your book. How did Cincinnati manage to hold the most talented backfield in West Virginia history to its lowest rushing output -- just 98 yards on 2.3 per carry -- since 2001? They just did their homework on the Mountaineers' only losses in 2007:
"They did to us what South Florida and Pitt did to us last year, that's what they did," said [WVU coach Bill] Stewart ...
[...]
"I will say that clearly one of the things we did in the spring was spend a little more time at West Virginia," Cincinnati coach Brian Kelly said. "We got a chance to look at [films of] South Florida and, in part, Pitt. So, clearly, we did steal some things."
Stewart had vowed West Virginia would develop a better passing game to prevent defenses from crowding the line of scrimmage, or burn them when they did, and you can't blame the Mountaineers for a lack of effort on that front: Pat White attempted 38 passes, a new career high, and only the second time he'd ever thrown 30 times (the first was against Villanova in this year's opener). A lot of that came on WVU's frantic, last-minute drives to force overtime in the final two minutes, but prior to that, the Mountaineers' first 13 drives resulted in 205 yards, seven points, nine punts, eight three-and-outs, two turnovers and a turnover on downs.
Quickly ... Virginia athletic director Craig Littlepage was emphatic (or as emphatic as you can be via e-mail): Al Groh will be back in 2009, even if Virginia loses its last two games and finishes with a losing record. . . . Texas players support the dismissal of Buck Burnette as "appropriate" after the center posted an Obama-related racial slur last week on his Facebook page last week. . . . The Knoxville News-Sentinel's John Adams makes the case for Mike Leach to replace Phil Fulmer. . . . Georgia lineman Justin Anderson is out for at least the Auburn game, and possibly Georgia Tech, leaving the Bulldogs with seven offensive linemen down the stretch. . . . It wasn't just turf toe that kept Joe McKnight out of USC's win over Washington two weeks ago: Sources say the running back missed too many classes or tutoring sessions. He was back in the lineup and ran seven times against Cal, for 51 yards. . . . Nick Saban stands to earn an extra $600,000 in bonuses if Alabama wins a national championship and he's named national coach of the year. . . . And Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson won't get a key chop block penalty overturned, but he will lecture ACC officials about chop blocking in his offense at their offseason clinic.

Washington Really Wants Recruits to Commit to the School

by Chas RichFiled under: Washington, Pac 10, NCAA FB Recruiting
twillingham1.jpg
National Letters of Intent (NLI) that all high school athletes sign to accept scholarships always make it clear that the person is signing to play at the school -- not for a particular coach. Granted, reality is quite different from the contract, but that's what a NLI says.

Washington has already announced that Ty Willingham <strike>is fired</strike> will step down at the end of the season. The Washington Huskies are looking to find a few players that will buy into the NLI. They want the present lame duck session of Washington coaches to keep recruiting the players they have made offers.
[Athletic Directer Scott] Woodward said the school will make no new offers until a new coaching staff is in place. But he wants the current staff to continue to recruit the players who do have offers.

"We know it's difficult at this time without a head coach," Woodward said.

He said he told Willingham and recruiting coordinator Chris Tormey "to recruit hard and to continue to work on [those who have commitments] and the others that are out there on our target list to keep an open mind [about] the University of Washington."
Exactly what kind of pitch does the AD expect the coaches to make at this point? Sign with Washington to play for a coach that hasn't been hired yet, doesn't know you, didn't recruit you, and may not run the offense or defense that fits your skill set. Oh, and keep an open mind about things.

Not surprisingly, the Washington coaches plan to stick with phone and e-mail communications. There's little point to in-person visits at this point.

Getting a grasp on Georgia's defensive descent

By Matt Hinton
ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-796660819-1226422679.jpg
For an 8-2 team heading for a January bowl game, it's getting a little ugly for Georgia's defense. Not even including the 41 points they allowed to Alabama in September, the Bulldogs have given up 38 points in three straight straight games for only the second time in school history, and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution helpfully points out that the first time was in November of 1900, a little less than a year before the tragic assassination of President William McKinley, when Georgia (not yet the Bulldogs) was outscored 138-5 by Clemson, North Carolina and Auburn.
It's not quite that bad now -- the Bulldogs have won two of those three this time around with an unusually high-powered offense that leads the SEC in passing yards and total yards and is second in scoring -- but that hasn't kept Mark Richt from having to play defense against calls for coordinator Willie Martinez's head. Such is life when you open the season with visions of crystal footballs dancing in your head.
The AJC trots out some pretty damning numbers, most of them having to do with the historic point totals the Dawg defense is yielding this month. But you don't have to go back to 1900 or the Vince Dooley era to demonstrate what a departure this season is for UGA -- just look at the trends over the Richt era in the four major defensive categories:
ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-396500887-1226422649.jpg
Richt's previous seven defenses -- including the last three under Martinez, since 2005 -- all finished in the top 20 in scoring, compared to this year's dismal 63rd. The interesting thing, though, is that the track of that crucial red line doesn't correspond with any other trend; compare that to, say, the struggling defense at LSU, which is noticeably descending across the board this year. UGA has struggled at some point in Richt's tenure in every single area -- pass efficiency and total defense in 2001, pass efficiency D in 2004, rushing defense in 2005 -- while still maintaining a stellar scoring defense. Things are not bottoming out this year, either: The pass efficiency number is way down (er, up, technically) but the rushing defense is currently 13th, its best standing since '01, and the total defense remains in the top-30. So what else is going on that helps explain the depths of the scoring defense, the worst in the SEC with the exception of lowly Arkansas?
UGA Turnover Margin Under Richt
ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-647725269-1226423078.jpg
The AJC also points out that Georgia turnovers allowed Florida to start drives at the Bulldogs’ 1-, 10- and 25-yard lines, resulting in 21 of the Gators’ 49 points, and a series of special teams problems (a blocked punt, a shanked punt, and a huge kickoff return) led to three of Kentucky's touchdowns, as well. Three of Alabama's touchdown drives began in Georgia territory.
Numbers can be deceptive; the Bulldogs are struggling on the ground over the last three games, particularly against Kentucky (226 yards), which hadn't demonstrated much of a running game coming in. If I had to guess, though, I would expect the defense to level off over the last two games, and not only because it's facing the hollowed-out shell of Auburn and inconsistent Georgia Tech. It wasn't Willie Martinez who threw three interceptions against Florida or was shut out in the first half against Alabama. There's enough blame to go around for the Bulldogs' mere good-ness.

The Big Yawn: Can we fast-forward to Raiders-Sooners already?

ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-16511023-1226427279.jpg
Look, I am excited about college football. Never doubt this. So when I say this weekend's slate of games may be the worst I've ever sought to endure, take it for what it's worth: Even an awful weekend of football is preferable to pretty much any weekend, ever, that doesn't involve a honeymoon, a child being born or being voluntarily shot into outer space. But this weekend's slate of games may be the worst I've ever sought to endure. Prepare for tedious manufactured storylines a-plenty. Probable themes include:
Revenge! Notre Dame plays Navy, USC visits Stanford and Ohio State goes to Illinois in search of a pound of flesh each for 2007's most sobering/embarrassing/ambition-destroying losses. Meanwhile, UCLA heads on up to Washington for one of the most futile "vengeance" games in history, though Rick Neuheisel's return is probably a better draw for completely disinterested Husky fans than the prospect of actually winning a game against the 3-6 Bruins.
Standings Scrabble. Virginia Tech at Miami, North Carolina at Maryland and California at Oregon State all have major conference championship -- and therefore BCS -- implications, of some kind, if you're willing to sort them out, only to be proven wrong when all of your assumptions are blown up a week later. Virginia Tech, Maryland and Oregon State all control their own destinies, for the record, and no one is banking on any of them.
Maybe they'll pull it together? If Auburn's offense and Kansas defense engineer some kind of massive, one-week turnaround, their once-interesting home games against Georgia and Texas, respectively, might be worthwhile. It might also be worthwhile to stop living in late September -- dude, Obama's the president! Woo!
Nostalgia of great games past. South Carolina at Florida is the weekend's only matchup of ranked teams, and a rematch at the site of one of the defining wins of Urban Meyer's tenure at Florida, when Jarvis Moss demonstrated just how thin is the thread on which championships hang:
<embed class="content-block-fix" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4VyoBjxIIAU&hl=en&fs=1" allowscriptaccess="never" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344">Popout​
This time around, the Gators are only 21-point favorites. Sounds fun!
But seriously, folks: Oklahoma is off this weekend. Texas Tech is off this weekend. There are other solid games to hold our attention next week, when the pivotal Tech-OU shootout will suck all media that ventures across its path into Norman, Oklahoma, anyway. Can we not just move the new Game of the Decade of the Year up a week and get our 100-point, 1,000-yard fix now? Do we really have to wait? Because the Paul Bunyon Axe is interesting and potentially lethal and all, but unless Alabama gets Croom'd for the third year in a row, this is going to be one sad day on the couch.

Cody Glenn suspended indefinitely

from Big Red Network
cody-glenn.jpg
The Journal Star is reporting that Cody Glenn has been suspended indefinitely for an unspecified violation of team rules.
The senior from Rusk, Texas was widely viewed as one of the leaders on defense. Glenn racked up 26 solo tackles and 25 assisted tackles this season. His departure will certainly leave a gap in a position where the Huskers already lack depth.
Sophomore Blake Lawrence is listed behind Glenn on the depth chart and will most likely see more playing time.
Glenn moved to linebacker this year after playing I-Back for the past three seasons.

For Yanks--

Welcome To The Mamasita Piscina Party... Bianca Holland

Because you’re either at lunch on the east coast, thinking about lunch in central time or just got into work on the west coast, we thought we’d liven up your free time with some beautiful women in bikinis. Today it’s Puerto Rican cutie Bianca Holland, who’s a mom, so watch what you say in the comments. Ah, who are we kidding… fire away. If you want to check out more chicas like her, click here.

• Dimensions: 34-24-34
  • Cup: D
  • Height: 5’5”
  • Hair: Brown/Eyes: Green
  • So, you’re like a total MILF… what’s that like? It’s just like being a sexy woman without a kid, but a lot more guys offer to take my groceries out to the car hoping to get lucky in the backseat. Like, hello, my kid’s in the car. Besides, that only gets you a handy in the alley behind the store.*Check out more pictures of Bianca after the jump.
    <TABLE class=gallery cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=gallery cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>*May or may not be true.

ty very much. :shake:

think i have a new avatar here. smoking hot, and exactly my type. :smiley_acbe:

Cody Glenn suspended indefinitely

from Big Red Network
cody-glenn.jpg
The Journal Star is reporting that Cody Glenn has been suspended indefinitely for an unspecified violation of team rules.
The senior from Rusk, Texas was widely viewed as one of the leaders on defense. Glenn racked up 26 solo tackles and 25 assisted tackles this season. His departure will certainly leave a gap in a position where the Huskers already lack depth.
Sophomore Blake Lawrence is listed behind Glenn on the depth chart and will most likely see more playing time.
Glenn moved to linebacker this year after playing I-Back for the past three seasons.

Glenn has been hurt some, so Lawrence has played a decent amount. A drop off here, but not huge. Lawrence was a big recruit 2 years ago.

Life on the Margins: Jackets bent out of shape by turnovers

Obsessing over the statistical anomalies and minutiae of close and closer-than-they-looked games that could have gone the other way. Be careful before you judge these games by the final score alone ...
ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-131346224-1226442940.jpg
North Carolina 28, Georgia Tech 7. One of the best signs that North Carolina is a better team -- a much, much better team, at 7-2 after winning a total of seven games in John Bunting's last year and Butch Davis' first -- is that the Tar Heels are owning the "margins" categories. They're not vastly improved over last year in any offensive or defensive category, but they are fourth in the nation in turnover margin, and they've won games against bowl-bound foes UConn, Miami, Notre Dame and now Georgia Tech despite being outgained in all of them. They're consistently blocking kicks, recovering fumbles, and generally doing things not-very-good teams need to do to defy the odds.
ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-243260475-1226442928.jpg
Saturday, the Heels benefitted both from their own opportunism and the Yellow Jackets' generosity. UNC only led 7-0 entering the fourth quarter, thanks to an opening touchdown drive in the first quarter and a series of Georgia Tech miscues: Turnover on downs, turnover on downs, missed field goal, field goal on consecutive drives ending in Carolina territory in the first half. Completely terrified of their kicking game, the Jackets also punted from the UNC 30 in the third quarter, for a net of 10 yards after a very predictable touchback.
You could say UNC's offense "came alive" from there, scoring on a subsequent 80-yard drive to go ahead 14-0, but it's hard to separate the Heels' success from the circumstances: Carolina added two quick touchdowns in the fourth following a Yellow Jacket fumble, and, after allowing an 85-yard run by Jonathan Dwyer, put the game away on a 39-yard "drive" following the subsequent onside kick.
Georgia Tech's yardage advantage can be explained away by Dwyer's big run and the futile 46 yards it picked up on a final, meaningless drive as the clock expired, but Tech was solid defensively most of the game and missed too many opportunities to keep an otherwise close game within striking distance.
ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-1838244-1226442976.jpg
Utah 13, TCU 10. The Horned Frogs had about as many yards (187) at the end of their first three drives as Utah had midway through the fourth quarter (193), and a 10-3 lead to match. But again, the kicking game and missed opportunities were the biggest difference in the Frogs' staying in BCS contention and booking a spot in the New Mexico Bowl.
In a span of five possessions in the second half, TCU had three golden opportunities to extend a four-point lead into a seven-point lead, and failed on all of them: First, by driving to the Utah 23, failing to complete a second down pass inside the Ute 10 when the wide-open receiver took great pains to come down out of bounds, then taking a sack on third down to turn a field goal attempt into a punt; then missing a chip shot 26-yard field goal; then missing a chip shot 35-yard field goal with three minutes to play, the first snap on its highlight reel of doom:
<embed class="content-block-fix" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yFFRouFdGjw&hl=en&fs=1" allowscriptaccess="never" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344">Popout​
The Frogs picked up another 30 yards on a pair of completions in to Utah territory in the final minute before the final interception sealed it, Utah's second dramatic, last-second, comeback win at home on a Thursday night (the first was over Oregon State on Oct. 2) in a five-game span. Hey, you can't get to 10-0 without them.
Western Michigan 23, Illinois 17. I get the feeling Illinois fans will be surprised by the nearly identical "average starting position" line, because field position played a major role in the Broncos' upset. Though none of WMU's points qualified for the "Swing" category, it did start back-to-back touchdown drives at the Illini 39 and 40, respectively, following Juice Williams interceptions in the first half, and its only scoring drive of the second half, a short, 14-yard possession for a field goal, at the Illinois 41.
ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-461273067-1226442992.jpg
The Illini were also bit by field position late, when the Broncos downed a punt at the Illinois 1 with 1:57 to play in the fourth quarter, leaving Juice and Co. 99 yards from the tying/winning touchdown. One more yard on that punt, and the 54-yard pass Williams completed a few plays to A.J. Jenkins might have been the game-winner. Instead, Jenkins was brought down at the WMU 18, and four Juice incompletions later, the Broncos had a Big Ten win to their name for the second straight season (they beat Iowa in less dramatic fashion, 28-19, in '07).
This is the second time the Illini have wound up on the wrong side of this feature following a key red zone failure in a turnover-heavy loss -- the same script led to defeat against Minnesota last month -- and the second half implosion at Wisconsin generally falls at the feet of three Williams' interceptions in that game. Maybe Rashard Mendenhall made that much of a difference, but aside from his barn-burning efforts against Michigan and Indiana, Juice 2008 has looked more like Juice 2006 than Juice 2007 even hinted at down the stretch.

Added:

MTSU -3 (-105)

Tailing CB's Sun Belt pick. Like the spot for value and think MTSU outclasses WKU who is still trying to improve to be equal to the rest of the Sun Belt field.

Is it just me or should Notre Dame cover pretty easy? Weis on the hot seat and is taking over playcalling. Revenge for only 2nd Navy win since 1963.

Only thing that has me nervous is the chance of rain.

But shouldn't Notre Dame cover?

Is it just me or should Notre Dame cover pretty easy? Weis on the hot seat and is taking over playcalling. Revenge for only 2nd Navy win since 1963.

But shouldn't Navy cover easily?

Don't overthink notre dame.

revenge is actually real for this game. offense coming off a shutout. navy one of worst pass defenses in nation.

i leaned navy when the lines came out but after capping the game out to completion .. navy is a joke. no reason notre dame cant do to them what pittsburgh did. Every situational angle you could want for notre dame here and it isn't even a true home game for navy as it's in the baltimore ravens stadium. i know some of the best cappers on the net are on the other side but i dont care ... fundamentally and situationally it lines up incredibly for the irish. i will be betting it. the weather shouldn't be all that bad .. no worse than what it was in boston for the irish .... clausen did consistently overthrow receivers with a wet ball though. i will be on it.....

"With the Longhorns' victory over Baylor and Notre Dame's inability to beat Boston College on Saturday, Texas has tied Notre Dame for second in all-time victories at 829. Michigan remains comfortably in first with 872. Why is the tie for second significant? Among current FBS schools, Michigan and Notre Dame had been alone in the top two since Oct. 15, 1932! At that time, Herbert Hoover was President of the United States, Babe Ruth was the Sultan of Swat and Joe Paterno was 5 years old. Coming into that October day, Notre Dame and Navy were tied with 259 victories. The Irish won, the Midshipmen lost and no major college since had pierced that Michigan-Notre Dame stranglehold … until now."

"With the Longhorns' victory over Baylor and Notre Dame's inability to beat Boston College on Saturday, Texas has tied Notre Dame for second in all-time victories at 829. Michigan remains comfortably in first with 872. Why is the tie for second significant? Among current FBS schools, Michigan and Notre Dame had been alone in the top two since Oct. 15, 1932! At that time, Herbert Hoover was President of the United States, Babe Ruth was the Sultan of Swat and Joe Paterno was 5 years old. Coming into that October day, Notre Dame and Navy were tied with 259 victories. The Irish won, the Midshipmen lost and no major college since had pierced that Michigan-Notre Dame stranglehold … until now."

Yep. And lookout. Oklahoma is coming too. Ugh.

But shouldn't Notre Dame cover?

Don't overthink notre dame.

revenge is actually real for this game. offense coming off a shutout. navy one of worst pass defenses in nation.

i leaned navy when the lines came out but after capping the game out to completion .. navy is a joke. no reason notre dame cant do to them what pittsburgh did. Every situational angle you could want for notre dame here and it isn't even a true home game for navy as it's in the baltimore ravens stadium. i know some of the best cappers on the net are on the other side but i dont care ... fundamentally and situationally it lines up incredibly for the irish. i will be betting it. the weather shouldn't be all that bad .. no worse than what it was in boston for the irish .... clausen did consistently overthrow receivers with a wet ball though. i will be on it.....

um...not sure if it's a cb play, lol...but i got plenty of info in my thread about it.

kyle,

you know I have a ton of respect for you but I couldn't disagree with your analysis of the Notre Dame vs. Navy game more...what's the saying, "throwing good money after bad"?...I say that because I agreed last week I thought at +3.5 Notre Dame was worthy of consideration, but this week is an entirely different story...doubt has crept into the minds of many of the Notre Dame players, Navy has had the week off and there are no signs of Shady McCoy to run against the Navy defense, in fact the Notre Dame running game has been pretty much non-existence for the last 6 quarters...I told you on the phone on Sunday that individuals on this site (whom I respect) would talk you into a Notre Dame play due to their lack of respect for Navy...that appears is what exactly has happened...oh well, I could be totally wrong but trust me that I've watched these teams play quite a bit and have a good idea how this one is going to play out...GL to you, and RJ if he plays it...

kyle,

you know I have a ton of respect for you but I couldn't disagree with your analysis of the Notre Dame vs. Navy game more...what's the saying, "throwing good money after bad"?...I say that because I agreed last week I thought at +3.5 Notre Dame was worthy of consideration, but this week is an entirely different story...doubt has crept into the minds of many of the Notre Dame players, Navy has had the week off and there are no signs of Shady McCoy to run against the Navy defense, in fact the Notre Dame running game has been pretty much non-existence for the last 6 quarters...I told you on the phone on Sunday that individuals on this site (whom I respect) would talk you into a Notre Dame play due to their lack of respect for Navy...that appears is what exactly has happened...oh well, I could be totally wrong but trust me that I've watched these teams play quite a bit and have a good idea how this one is going to play out...GL to you, and RJ if he plays it...

fwiw, i promise that i didn't talk to anyone about this game. :shake:

yanks,

I'm not single you are anyone else out...I've just been on the site for a few years and feel that as a whole guys on this site have a bias against Navy...it's alright, I understand people are entitled to their opinions...I've just enjoyed making a lot of money with Navy the last 4 plus years because of this same line of thinking...could you guys be totally right this week?...absolutey, but I don't think it's going to change the long term losing proposition of guys on the site going against Navy on a regular basis...this coach has done an extremely good job this year, a year in which I thought they would sorely miss Paul Johnson (CFN had him as the number two coaching job in the country over the first 11 weeks and frankly I agree with that)...we aren't always going to agree, but I feel my opinion is respected enough that I can share this opinion with you and others on the site...is it going to change things?...not sure...but after the lines came out the first thing I brought up in talking to Kyle was "the more you look at this game and read thoughts from the guys at CTG, the less you will like the play"...I don't believe that statement to be false at this point...

anyone want to take a guess at what Army's, Navy's and Air Force's ATS combined record is this year?...it's got to be close to 70%...something to keep in mind moving forward...

pags :shake:

i was just kidding around w/ that last post. absolutely respect your opinion as well. i've seen u around for a lot longer than a couple years, just at other places. and imo, disagreement's typically a good thing...

yanks:shake:

you are right about that...that's why this forum in particular is so great, the bullshit is cut out (save a few cheerleading pics from RJ's thread which I'm sure we can all agree that are worthy of the distraction), and we get down to discussing games...appreciate you guys letting me be a part of the action...

There is not a single person on the internet whose opinion i respect more regarding college football handicapping than you pags. No one. I think i have stated several times in my threads this year that you might be the best capper of cfb on the net. i say that because i believe it. so the fact that i will be playing notre dame this week is no reflection on how i view your opinion. you are definitely better at this than i am.

i have not discussed the game with anyone on CTG , though i have certainly read others ( yanks for sure ) opinons on the game of whose opinion i respect even in disagreement. In fact , i consider other peoples threads a flat out tool to my capping now. i have my own style of handicapping football that has been successful for me over the years ( not anywhere near the level of some others on this site or pags for sure but successful none the less ). And after examination of the game , i am left with a notre dame bet. i am waiting to lock in some more plays tomorrow and then i will share my reasonings on notre dame as well as some other plays. i strongly recommend getting off of a navy bet.

Back