CFB Rankings Week #4

Michigan should have absolutely no case for getting in a 4 team playoff. They are 3rd in their division!

There has been outrage before about teams who didn't win their own conference, finished 2nd in the division still getting in. Michigan is 3rd!

I think when you use the regular season results and the conference champion results it utilizes everything from this point up to week 1 as a playoff in it's own right. We've played 12 -13 games and those results over the course of time should determine who is in.

Sure Michigan beat Penn St. But Penn St won more games. Beat more teams with a winning record. 45% of PSU's wins were vs teams with winning records. 30% of Michigan's wins came vs winning teams. 54% of PSU's game were vs winning teams to Michigan's 42%. Michigan lost 2 of their final 3 games. Yes, Michigan did beat Penn St, but the records are not equal. And consider that Penn St beat the two teams that beat Michigan.

I can't make a case for a team that lost by 39 in the playoffs. Just me tho..

Injuries were on both sides skoal, which is why I said that.

No one is talking about hornibrook being out last night either.

Michigan should have absolutely no case for getting in a 4 team playoff. They are 3rd in their division!

There has been outrage before about teams who didn't win their own conference, finished 2nd in the division still getting in. Michigan is 3rd!

I think when you use the regular season results and the conference champion results it utilizes everything from this point up to week 1 as a playoff in it's own right. We've played 12 -13 games and those results over the course of time should determine who is in.

Sure Michigan beat Penn St. But Penn St won more games. Beat more teams with a winning record. 45% of PSU's wins were vs teams with winning records. 30% of Michigan's wins came vs winning teams. 54% of PSU's game were vs winning teams to Michigan's 42%. Michigan lost 2 of their final 3 games. Yes, Michigan did beat Penn St, but the records are not equal. And consider that Penn St beat the two teams that beat Michigan.
Well said. And for me I am not trying to slight tOSU fans or take any one particular side I am just pointing out how much of a joke this is. Hopefully everyone can at least agree on that. If Penn St were tOSU and tOSU were Penn St in this situation lets think of what would happen. So Penn St lost only one game and that is to tOSU, tOSU has two losses but won the conference championship. You trying to tell me tOSU would not be in here?

The justification for putting Michigan in would be that they have a lot of NFL players on their roster

No reason for Michigan to be in. Just think osu should be. Beat Pitt and we don't even have a conversation tbh.

The justification for putting Michigan in would be that they have a lot of NFL players on their roster

The justification would be that they are the best team from the conference that a lot of people consider the best of 2016. The Michigan argument is basically the same argument as TOSU. They are the best team in the bigten so they should get it. Throw out the head to head between Michigan and TOSU (throw out the head to head between psu and tosu), throw out Michigan not making the title game (throw out tosu not making the title game) and just guess that Michigan is the best team based on everything else. I, personally, feel that Michigan is the best team in that conference. I do not think they deserve to be in the playoffs. But using the logic one uses for TOSU over PSU, you could make a similar case for Michigan over TOSU.

Lol, could be.

It'd be great in pro sports if they just put the teams with more all stars into the playoffs as opposed to how it works now.

These ESPN talking heads are already trying to justify putting PSU in over UW. Whether that happens or not I don't know but I'm waiting for UW to get screwed.

These ESPN talking heads are already trying to justify putting PSU in over UW. Whether that happens or not I don't know but I'm waiting for UW to get screwed.

I'm firebombing the entire city of Bristol if the UW gets screwed over here....

The whole issue really boils down to whether or not you think the playoff should be crowning the "best team" or the "champion." Last I checked sports are about crowning the champion.

USC's loss to Bama hurts but this is a totally different USC team right now. I think USC could beat PSU, OSU or UM on any given day.

USC's loss to Bama hurts but this is a totally different USC team right now. I think USC could beat PSU, OSU or UM on any given day.

Ya they are basically right there with um or tosu where you would have to split hairs... i have usc, mich, tosu in that order..., and considerably better than PSU on a neutral. Of those four teams, only psu has a legit argument to get in, in my mind.

The whole issue really boils down to whether or not you think the playoff should be crowning the "best team" or the "champion." Last I checked sports are about crowning the champion.

But the problem with the best team argument is that whichever team beats bama is not the best team. So is Bama just the winner whether they win or not? hmmmm

Exactly the point I was trying to make to some guys at a party last night clowncar. Why play the games if we already know who is the best. I guess the NYG didn't really win the SB when they beat the Pats?

No way they screw UW.....that would be awful.
I'd hate to see Pedo St get screwed( pun intended). Penn St should be in and Ohio St out in my opinion.

How can they justify it?

One of the shitty teams in UW's non-conference schedule is from the Big 10, I don't hear them mentioning that.

How can Ohio St be sitting on the couch and Penn St is playing in the BiG CHAMPIONsHIP game, and Pedo gets left out?
Just bizarre

Funny thing about Washington...nobody gives them credit for playing Rutgers...you know Rutgers from the BEST conference in the nation!

Rutgers is awful of course.

But I do think it is funny that Washington played a Big Ten team as part of their nonconference. There is alot of garbage in the Big Ten...which is perhaps what alot of the teams at the top of the league benefited from.

I'm not watching the TV show. Would rather watch nfl network. Fuck the committee anyway.

Be brutal if they go beat number 9 by 42-10 and get shifted down, in fact it would be downright stupid.

Boring now. Committees work was done last week. They put the top four on notice, sans Alabama: win and your in , lose and you are out. All won, work done except for seedings which only criteria is tv ratings.

no way they move last weeks top four. Personally I wanted to see mich tOSU rematch but only because I wanted to win one more TU play:popcorn:

and boring it is

gonna have some juicy bowl matchups... each year going forward however, increasingly, especially top teams snubbed, do they care about bowl game? Bowl games for top teams are slowly becoming the NIT

Funny thing about Washington...nobody gives them credit for playing Rutgers...you know Rutgers from the BEST conference in the nation!

Rutgers is awful of course.

But I do think it is funny that Washington played a Big Ten team as part of their nonconference. There is alot of garbage in the Big Ten...which is perhaps what alot of the teams at the top of the league benefited from.

Wmich beat two bigten teams.

Wonder how motivated the Wolverines will be in that, hope the name FSU is motivation enough. That could be an entertaining game.

5 losses in the top 5

Pitt hands out 2 of them

Cy13iclVIAAFUSD.jpg

Wmich beat two bigten teams.

Yeah, if beating 6-6 Northwestern and 3-9 Illinois is part of your resume that isn't saying much.

But yeah, lots of teams have padded their win column with .500 or worse Big Ten teams this year LOL.

Back