Cavs/Hawks Series Discussion

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
Seems to be the series that nobody wants to bet or talk about it. Assuming everybody figures that the Cavs are going to steam roll the Hawks and walk their way into the EC finals. I don't see it that way personally. Think it takes 6 for the Cavs to move on and possibly 7. I've felt the Hawks have been underrated all year and when they have Horford and Williams in the lineup I think they're probably the 2nd best team in the east. I'm sure the Cavs know better, but I think a lot of people are just assuming that this is going to be a 4 game sweep for LB and co. All I know is that the Hawks haven't lost at home during the post season in the last two years and they played a very good (great) Celtics team last year. That experience will be key in this series. Pretty much sure I'll be betting the Hawks every game of the series. Hawks have covered 5 of the last 7 between the teams and I expect them to get their fair share of covers in this series as well.

In all honesty I need to look at the previous matchups a bit more. I remember watching that Sunday night game at Atlanta which Cleveland won by one I think. I vaguely remember the ATL win at Phillips. Do not remember either game in Cleveland. I do think that homecourt for Atlanta is big and prolly why I'll be on them in Game 3. I just have this feeling about the Hawks sometimes that they can't score and Cleveland is a helluva defensive team. Bibby has to have a big series to offset Mo imo. Horford and Sideshow should be good for a few double techs.

I think the public has already slated them in the finals let alone winning this series easily

i don't know how ATL can survive scoring droughts against CLE like they did against Miami.

...don't even get me started on the foul distribution because i'm sure the Cavs will shoot TONS of FTs

i don't know how ATL can survive scoring droughts against CLE like they did against Miami.

...don't even get me started on the foul distribution because i'm sure the Cavs will shoot TONS of FTs

100-40 first three games of Det series.

Expect more of the same.

I think cle will roll in the 1st 2 home games since ATL is really brutal on the road. But with ATL at home, that's where value sets in. ATL should be a dog so a ML chase on Game 3 & 4 could be good since i think they will win at least 1 at their home.

I'm undecided on whether I wanna wait for game 1 to start playin atlanta. Biggest rest difference of all the game 1s, and not sure how that comes into play

I believe Hawks could win first 2 home games here (one is a given imo), don't forget they're very tough to beat at home in playoffs. The one lost in Atlanta in regular season, they had a big lead couple of minutes till the end but somehow wasted it, and Joe J missed a buzzerbeating trey. Don't expect that to happen in playoffs as crowd in regular season and crowd in playoffs Atlanta gets is so much different. Their inability to keep themselves together away from home is what's preventing this series to be interesting as it's really hard to see Hawks troubling them in Ohio.

Game 2 against the Heat....

Not sure how that one slipped my mind. Must have lost money on it or something. :shake:

I'm undecided on whether I wanna wait for game 1 to start playin atlanta. Biggest rest difference of all the game 1s, and not sure how that comes into play

I'm passing on game 1. No idea how the Cavs come out off of 8 days rest nor am I sure if the Hawks will be off of the hangover from Miami. Would get involved with Atlanta if the Cavs rolled out a 15 point halftime lead.

Marvin Williams status should also be closely watched for tonight as I'd believe he'll draw first assignment on LB.

man I wish they gave atlanta 2 days rest before game 2. unsure of what to do in this one. Hard to see Cleveland in this game really. they swept detroit playin half assed. They just fucked with atlanta in the 1st H then just took it when they felt like it, Lebron scoring at will. Don't see how they can come out with effort in this one

I hate that atlanta only had 1 day rest though. 7 game series, 1 day flight, then cleveland??? I have little doubt that Atlanta takes game 3, but this game is an iffy one for me. thoughts?

They had to make it only one day because they have that ABC Primietime game Saturday and had to have LeBron on there. Sad for the Hawks rest wise but it is what it is. And here sits Denver and Dallas with 3 full days off.

random thought, but cleveland needs a tough crazy big man. Their enforcer is Lebron which is horrible. When teams get really physical with the superstar, teams need someone to punch back, and it cannot be the superstar. I think this point will be made relevant this series and bring flashes of Wash/Cleveland series with the Wash bigs throwin lebron.

wow.. I just had this urge to bet Atlanta ML 2m. that was weird. I'm reading around and I love what I'm reading just from a game preparation standpoint. I hope Horford is in- I'd assume he should after playing the last 2. The more I look, the more I feel comfortable with an Atlanta bet. I just need to get onto blankets. Reading their lock threads usually make me feel better about my bets

Stern sent the homer crew out to ref game 2. Say hello to Violet Palmer. The more I look at this series the less likely it is that I can play the Hawks in Cleveland. Hawks last eight playoff games have them losing by 23, 19, 25, 34, 29, 26 and 27 to the Cavs the other night. Not sure why I'd want to bet on them before they can prove they can hang on the road in a playoff atmosphere especially with Stern sending in this reffing crew. Think I'll be passing on the 2nd game of this series and hoping for a Cavs blowout for the most line 3 value.

no over Jpicks?

It'd be the only play I'd consider and I am in fact considering it. Probably safer to go the 1st half route rather than throw things as the Cavs crawl up the floor in the 4th quarter when they are up 25. Cavs last 5 4th quarter totals are 33, 44, 41, 49 and 43. Brutal. They also have scored 15, 9, and 15 more points over their last three games in the first half compared to the second.

The series will end precisely when LeBron decides it should end. My guess is 5 games. No reason to kill themselves going for the sweep, when the other series will last 6 or 7 and they know ATL won't beat em at home. ATL will prolly get a nice home win in Game 3 or something. But that team knows in their hearts they can't ultimately win this series, and that mentality usually results in a fairly quick exit.

Not much to discuss Atlanta stinks away from home and Clev is a machine so far through these playoffs. They pretty much have been crushing teams in these playoffs like the Heels did in the NCAA tournament, Clev is on another level (much like UNC was) and until they get to the finals I do not see anyone in the East giving them a tough series. The most I see this series going is five games, stay or hop on the money train that is Cleveland.

hmmmmmm overnight line movement hittin the over and atlanta telling me someone out there thinks this will be a game. I wanted horford in if I was playing atlanta

hmmmmmm overnight line movement hittin the over and atlanta telling me someone out there thinks this will be a game. I wanted horford in if I was playing atlanta

BM had the total at 178.5 today while the rest of the books were at 177.5. They certainly think this one is going over. Starting to warm back up to ATL even with their putrid road play.

I was all set for it, but Horford out really pisses me off

CLEVELAND -- Channel 2 Action News sports anchor/reporter Zach Klein, who traveled to Cleveland with the Atlanta Hawks, has learned that Al Horford will not play in game 2 tonight.

Klein spoke with Hawks General Manager Rick Sund, following Thursday morning's shoot around at the Quicken Loans Arena. Sund told Klein that "barring something miraculous" ... Al Horford will not play tonight in game 2 against Cleveland.

Horford re-injured his ankle Tuesday night, and initially thought he would be able to contribute tonight.

http://www.wsbtv.com/sports/19396193/detail.html

this could be a reason for the line move, although I doubt it. He is big for Atlanta defense, but its not like the line thought they could stop cleveland anyway. I figured a total move on this one would be a reflection of blowout= under, over=tighter game. Also, I think I read somewhere saying Verjao and Z are gonna "eat up" the Atlanta inside defense. ...

When it comes down to it I think the cavs side is the best play for tonights game. I just dont see Atlanta scoring in the 90's against clevelands defense and the Cavs offense is just flowing so well right now barring a 30% night from the floor they should get close to 100 points again. I could easily see this being a 100-78 game and being right on the number or around it

ughhh only reaffirming my thought that cavs seem to be a square ass side
Bodog has 13.5, Pinny has 12.5
Can I really play this??

I was all set for it, but Horford out really pisses me off

CLEVELAND -- Channel 2 Action News sports anchor/reporter Zach Klein, who traveled to Cleveland with the Atlanta Hawks, has learned that Al Horford will not play in game 2 tonight.

Klein spoke with Hawks General Manager Rick Sund, following Thursday morning's shoot around at the Quicken Loans Arena. Sund told Klein that "barring something miraculous" ... Al Horford will not play tonight in game 2 against Cleveland.

Horford re-injured his ankle Tuesday night, and initially thought he would be able to contribute tonight.

http://www.wsbtv.com/sports/19396193/detail.html

this could be a reason for the line move, although I doubt it. He is big for Atlanta defense, but its not like the line thought they could stop cleveland anyway. I figured a total move on this one would be a reflection of blowout= under, over=tighter game. Also, I think I read somewhere saying Verjao and Z are gonna "eat up" the Atlanta inside defense. ...

And Marvin will also miss.

Back