Bowl Thread

ljc_267

Mister NSFW
Going to keep a continuous thread for my Bowl games much like everyone else. I hope to be 6-8 units to the good at the end of the season. I will keep a running record and unit count. On to tonight.

This is a very intriging game tonight. I don't have anything to say about this game that hasn't already been said. I feel that Utah has improved exponentially over the year and will play much better against the option than they did against AF in week 2 or 3.

First play of the Bowl season: I hate laying this much but...

Utah -8 {1 unit}

Last edited:
Tough loss, how can you let that happen? Just think if Utah would have played the 1st half like the 2nd. I am beyond pissed but that's way it goes. I will get it back tomorrow.

Nice hit for those who had Navy, lucky bastards

Going with FAU tonight. This is a huge moment for the program and Schnellenberger will make sure these guy are ready to play. I think it will be a higher scoring type of game, and hopefully FAU will be able to take advantage of Memphis' weak run D.

FAU -3.5 1.5 units

contemplating the over.

Got Three plays for today. If you have any questions as to why I played them feel free to ask and I will gladly respond.

Southern Mississippi +11.5 {1 unit} < edit line. I got 11.5
New Mexico -3 {1.5 units}
Ucla +6.5 {1 unit}

Last edited:
hmmm why new mexico ??

-motivation edge seems to be with wolfpack.
-coaching edge is definitely with wolfpack.
-on the field match up looks decent for nevada
-nevada comes in playing well, unm comes in not having played a decent game since oct 13.
-layoff should help the younger improving team

hard to find what there is to like with unm. explain please

I would say that the issues that Nevada has on the O line will affect that pistol offense. I mean they are missing their starting center and have two other injuries up front. A team that dedicates a large portion of their offense to the run is going to miss the QB of the o line.

I also like the fact that they are playing in their neck of the woods. NM plays significantly better home v. away.

The one thing that scares me is Nevada's new QB he is tough as nails.

Got Three plays for today. If you have any questions as to why I played them feel free to ask and I will gladly respond.

Southern Mississippi +11.5 {1 unit} < edit line. I got 11.5
New Mexico -3 {1.5 units}
Ucla +6.5 {1 unit}

Against you on all 3...
:pillow:

I have contemplated this game all day. The reason why I have thought about it so much is because my gut tells me to go against my method of handicapping games.
I hear a lot of people saying that Boise St is taking this game as a vacation. I don't buy it. I have never seen Boise St. lay down, ever, and I don't think it happens today. I hate laying points in any game but I think Boise outclasses them on both sides of the ball.
If they are taking a vacation then maybe ECU covers or even wins, but I don't think that will be the case.

Boise St -11 {2 units}

I have contemplated this game all day. The reason why I have thought about it so much is because my gut tells me to go against my method of handicapping games.
I hear a lot of people saying that Boise St is taking this game as a vacation. I don't buy it. I have never seen Boise St. lay down, ever, and I don't think it happens today. I hate laying points in any game but I think Boise outclasses them on both sides of the ball.
If they are taking a vacation then maybe ECU covers or even wins, but I don't think that will be the case.

Boise St -11 {2 units}
gotta agree, besides the fact i know jack shit about ecu....i at least know boise well....and those guys dont quit....gl to us:cheers:

I've read several assessments on tonights game. Many of them are excellent and make solid points. Most of them use two points for their reasoning behind taking CMU.

1. Lack of motivation by Purdue
2. Tough to beat a team twice in a year.

Obviously there are others but these two seem to be used most often. Now lets look at these two briefly.

1. I don't understand why everyone feels that Purdue will lack motivation. Guess how many bowl games Purdue has won over the past 10 years? 4,5?
Try 1. These seniors have not won a bowl game and your saying they don't care if they win today? I just don't buy it, not at all. I say they'll be motivated.

2. Agreed, it is tough to beat a team twice in a year, no doubt. But..Purdue didn't play all that well in the first meeting. Yea I know they won by 23. They were able to accomplish that feat while fumbling the ball away 4 times and throwing a pick. Yes they had 5 TO's to CMU's 2. Not stellar by any means. There is a lot that can be improved upon.

That being said I think Purdue wins this game and big. Just my opinion, take it or leave it.

Purdue -8 {1.5 units}
Over 71 {.5 unit}

Good Helath bro.. Certainly the Purdue players were not distracted by a trip to the beach or Disney World as they have been in previous bowl games.. Wonder how they enjoyed their trip to the auto plant?

On the other side but GL none the less:cheers:

Thanks Teedub.

I know Tru, I see why you are going that way and I normally agree, but i think today will be an exception. We shall see.

6-3 +1.5 bowl season

What can I say, that was like the Utah game. I liken it to getting a hot knife stuck straight up your ass.

Well that was a tough loss yesterday. I don't have much to say about this one that hasn't already been said. Other than I like it quite a bit and look for Texas to dominate.

Texas -2.5 {2 units}

Best of luck everyone

With you, waited and got Tx at -1.5 -- agree with DD win as long as Colt has a fairly clean game..

Have a few plays for today. I will add them as I play them.

BC seems like the obvious play. Superior talent, QB, defense, blah blah blah. Take a look at MSU's loses. Many close ones. They stay in games and will be highly motivated for this one, no doubt. MSU is a young talented team that has played better and better as the year has progressed.

I say they keep it close and maybe even win this one outright.

Michigan State +6 {1.5 units}

8-5 bowl Season Record

Really disappointed how last night turned out. I thought I was going to go 2-1 worst case and it turns out 1-2. Oh well.

Got an early play. I think this will be a low scoring game with UConn's defense being the difference in the ball game.

Connecticut +3 {1.5 units}

Really frustrated as I have lost several games by the slimmest of margins and this UCF caps it off. Going to stick to the game plan and play A&M +6

Texas A&m +6 1.5 units

Wow, a lot of tough loses. I can't remember a time where I lost 5 straight by that tight of a margin on every game. I mean I very well could have won all 5. What are you going to do.

Got 3 games for today and tomorrow. Fade at will.

Clemson -3 +115 2 units
Wisconsin +1.5 1.5 units
Florida -10.5 1.5 units

gl fellas... and have a Happy and safe New Years Eve

Back