• Thread starter Thread starter joebrensports
  • Start date Start date
J

joebrensports

THIS BABY ECLIPSES THE TEM UPSET OF V-TECH

SYRACUSE

NO ML, +37.5

HOLY ****

Not even close to the biggest upset ever...Louisville coming off a lose and them not doing well didn't surprise anyone. Sure nobody expected them to lose to the Cuse, but this not the biggest upset. If so then what does the Appy State win over Michigan mean?

That is quite possibly the dumbest comment that I have ever heard. This is coming from a suffering Louisville fan. Dont get me wrong, this is a huge upset, but to call it the biggest upset in the history of sports is just stupid. Its not even the biggest upset in College Football this season! That honor clearly goes to our friends at Michigan. Not even an argument.

That is quite possibly the dumbest comment that I have ever heard. This is coming from a suffering Louisville fan. Dont get me wrong, this is a huge upset, but to call it the biggest upset in the history of sports is just stupid. Its not even the biggest upset in College Football this season! That honor clearly goes to our friends at Michigan. Not even an argument.

Thats debateable...

I would say Appy would beat Cuse on a nuetral field

As far as ATS

One line was 21...the other was 36...

big difference

Thats debateable...

I would say Appy would beat Cuse on a nuetral field

As far as ATS

One line was 21...the other was 36...

big difference

Louisvilles lines are inflated because they love to run up the score so much. If Michigan and Louisville are equal teams and play roughly the same vs. a very weak opponent, the Cardinals probably win by much more.

Huge Upset, but I still say the 1-AA team getting it done was much bigger

Louisvilles lines are inflated because they love to run up the score so much. If Michigan and Louisville are equal teams and play roughly the same vs. a very weak opponent, the Cardinals probably win by much more.

Huge Upset, but I still say the 1-AA team getting it done was much bigger

Just perception...

This is the biggest upset in CFB of all-time. LOU was a 37.5 point fav. Whether you think its overvalued or not, it is the biggest upset of all-time, and IMO the biggest upset in the history of team sports.

My statement is backed by fact. There has never been a bigger dog to win SU. LOU has quite possibly the #1 rated QB and went up against a team who can't even get a FD.

I can't remember the year, but when Rutgers was always like 0-11 or so they beat Virgina Tech as 35+ Underdogs.....

I think it was 1995, 1996, or 1997.

Army or Airforce also beat someone as 42 point underdogs in the mid-90's.

Not like this one really counts, but Hawaii beat Nebraska at Nebraska 7-0 as 59 point underdogs in like 1957 or something. (Hawaii used a Club team, not even a real college team, they played in a blistering dust storm).

But yeah, as far as point spreads, this has to be in the Top 5.

this upset is bigger than appalachian st vs michigan but it wont be treated like it at all... just because appy st is in 1-aa doesnt mean every d1a team is better than them... id put appy state somewhere around the 70s or 80s in d1a ...as far as syracuse.. going into this game they were a bottom ten team

How about the 1985 1-10 UTEP miner team that defeated top 5 and defending champion BYU ? Believe they were over 40 point dogs.

Cuse's comeback at Pinny was plus 8500 (-15000 on U of L).

As far as with moneyline dogs go, this is one of the biggest ones I can remember ever coming in.

As far as with the situation (flat spot, off a loss, bad coaching, etc) - sure, it doesn't rank up there with the best of all-time.

But if we're talking pointspreads... then yes, it has to be included in the top 5...

Just perception...

Agreed. :cheers:

You also have to look at how both teams were playing. Appy state was a championship calibur team with excellent coaching (albeit previously 1-AA), while the Cuse couldn't score against a team made of toddlers.

I mean seriously...who the hell thought that Cuse would roll into Papa Johns and win a shootout with the Cardinals?

I sure as hell didn't!!!

I heard them talking about the biggest point spreads wins ever and said that an Oregon State team beat Washington when they were 38 point underdogs. Said Lousiville/Cuse was second biggest upset of all-time.

Back