Belmont Stakes Weekend discussion thread

since there's a bunch of you racing guru's out there, question is what happens to these horses yearly? Like what happened to California Chrome? What would happen to American Pharaoh?
Its a newb question but i've been curious.

That one hurt, don't know how #1 rallied back on him. Thought he was a Wi new at the sixteenth pole

yes it did. looked like he was going to get there and then nothing. Thanks Lloyd for your work truly enjoy reading and playing your stuff and of course same with play.

since there's a bunch of you racing guru's out there, question is what happens to these horses yearly? Like what happened to California Chrome? What would happen to American Pharaoh?
Its a newb question but i've been curious.

Chrome is currently training in England to run at Royal Ascot and then will come back to run in the Arlington Million and Breeders Cup classic. He is not a classically bred horse and the owners are trying to drive up his price for breeding purposes. American Pharoah already has worked out a deal for his breeding rights some where in the 20 Million range but more if he wins. If AP wins today he probably never runs again, if he loses he'll run 2-3 times this year and then retire to stud

You know more than I do my friend...just looked at PP and that's what I came up with

What you think about Finnegan's Wake?

Gotcha, I mostly just looked at his times and previous track speeds which match up well

I guess if he's not used to other horses running with him it could be bad

That was the first win bet of the day which puts me up a little with all the small exacta and trifecta losses earlier

Has nothing to do with the money, you were so convinced that ap wouldn't win.

Cc ran ok last year, got hurt at the gate. I almost made a great call there. Epic considering the timing.

I like you play2win. No disrespect.

Just was having fun. Not sure what you're talking about with the chase. I never mind anyone disagreeing with me.

Again I'm sorry if you were offended. I didn't mean to sound like a dick. Just busting balls.

I understand that. I will back a fave if I like it. But value is the name of the game.

AP was impressive today
Hats off to the horse, wish it happened to better connections, but it is what it is, AP won the Belmont for fun. The roar of the crowd as he came down the stretch was something unlike anything I've ever heard before. The most impressive performance of the day to me though was Honor Code, I haven't looked at the numbers and don't know what he ran the last 1/4 and 1/8 in but visually that was crazy.

Race 4: Chad Brown is best at taking Euro imports and winning first time over here and will try to do so in this spot with France bred #8 Helwan, first time Lasix and drops 14 pounds off last effort. #4 Ageless is a mare taking on boys, something she did last in the BC Turf Sprint where she missed by 3/4 length, retains jockey Leparoux who had other options, offers value for bottom of exotics. #1 Power Alert is an accomplished turf sprinter who will be gunning it early from the rail and make the field catch him, think he prefers a shorter trip though and would limit to underneath. #6 Something Extra should be providing the early pressure on #1 but doesn't need the lead and has a bit more stamina than Power Alert. #10 Channel Marker will be coming late and with enough early speed signed on here could very well hit the board at a nice price. #13 Mosler is a horse I have been following since before his first start, has only 2 turf start but is bred for the footing and has been steadily improving has some early speed but also the stamina to stay on, will need to work out a trip and probably won't be saving any ground from this outside post, but another contender in a deep race.

WPS #8; Ex 8/4,6,10,13; 4,13/4,8,10,13; Tri 8/4,10,13/1,4,6,10,13; 4,10/8/1,4,6,10,13; Pick 3 8,10/2,4/5,8

Race 6: #5 Effinex just keeps improving and is 3 for 5 since adding blinkers, contender. Stable mate and Travers winner, #8 VE Day is bred to relish this 12F distance and trainer Jerkens excels going turf to dirt, with 7 wins in 15 attempts for a $7.86 ROI, the top selection. #10 Sky Kingdom is 2 for 2 at the distance over dirt and will be the one they have to catch with the scratch of Red Rifle. Will use the Pletcher entry underneath.

WP #8; Ex 8/1,5,10; 5,10/1,5,8,10; Tri 8/1,5,10/1,5,10 Pick 3: 8/1,6,8,10,12/4,7,8

These 2 races were the ones I needed. In the 4th thought the 8 was in perfect position right in front of eventual winner 10 and seemed to be ready to make his run but takes a bad step switching leads and fractures his leg, he finishes 1st or 2nd and it's a nice paying exacta and/or tri. Of course I shouldn't complain because I'm still here and the horse isn't, RIP Helwan.

Still can't believe VE Day didn't win Race 6, had the perfect setup and he got a head in front at about the 1/16th pole and Coach Inge battled on gamely, another where I just missed the exacta and tri and the Pick 3.

Last edited:
These 2 races were the ones I needed. In the 4th thought the 8 was in perfect position right in front of eventual winner 10 and seemed to be ready to make his run but takes a bad step switching leads and fractures his leg, he finishes 1st or 2nd and it's a nice paying exacta and/or tri. Of course I shouldn't complain because I'm still here and the horse isn't, RIP Helwan.

Still can't believe VE Day didn't win Race 6, had the perfect setup and he got a head in front at about the 1/16th pole and Coach Inge battled on gamely, another where I just missed the exacta and tri and the Pick 3.

Just wanted to say Thanks to everyone in this thread making Saturday a great day. We almost had a huge day but next time. I say thanks because you guys are way out of my league with the ponies which I love and the reading and playing are second to none.:cheers3:

Back