Belmont Stakes Weekend discussion thread

Nice overlay price on Cavorting as it turned out, she was ready today and they should keep her sprinting.

Hard to go against Pletcher here in Race 4 with how hot he has been at the meet, do like a couple of horses at aprice though with the 5 and 10.

Tri box 5,7,10
Super box 4,5,7,10

[h=2]Rivelli high on Cocked and Loaded in Tremont[/h]Arlington-based Larry Rivelli sent Lewys Vaporizer out to a creditable third-place finish in race 2, a salty first-level allowance, but the main reason he's at Belmont to day is to run COCKED AND LOADED (1) in the upcoming Tremont Stakes.
Privately purchased after a good-looking Keeneland debut win for trainer John Hancock, Cocked and Loaded has been working strongly at Arlington, Rivelli said. Going in company he has beaten older horses and easily run down quick, seasoned stock Rivelli has used as a target.
"He's a little guy, but I really like him," Rivelli said.
Cocked and Loaded is 5/1 with 23 minutes to race 4. UNCLE VINNY (7) currently is the 4/5 favorite, while the Wesley Ward-trained BANREE (5) sits surprisingly chilly at 8/1 right now.

Hard to go against Pletcher here in Race 4 with how hot he has been at the meet, do like a couple of horses at aprice though with the 5 and 10.

Tri box 5,7,10
Super box 4,5,7,10

Cancelled the super bet, just going light here. Don't really like the race or these juvenile races early in the season in general

4th: 4-Cat Tree- Interesting Deshawn comes to ride this horse.

$60-Win
$120-Place

Ex box: 4/1, 4/5, 4/7

7-Uncle Vinny will be the big favorite Pletcher trainee. Beat 4 avg horses 1st out
5-Banree a filly trained by WW

Nice hits guys

I had 5/7 Exacta on 3rd race but lost on races 2 and 4. This is fun but I gotta run some errands

Race 5, 6 is a full brother to Uncle Mo going for Pletcher, but his numbers with 3yo's debuting this time of year takes a big dropoff as opposed to earlier in their careers. Like 9, as pres mentioned, cut back and blinkers seemed to have woke him up a bit in last. 10 has run 3 good races but may have a bit of seconditis. Violette trainer of 12 has really good numbers with debut runners but the really light work tab is a concern. 2 interests me most of the firsters for Kimmel at a price.

Miss Sophia- first time on the turf, Dam has 2 turf winners.
Bullet work 5F 1:00.4 5/30 1/7

$60-Win
$120-Place

ex box: 2/1,2/3,2/4

[h=2]Mott hoping, not convinced, that My Miss Sophia likes turf[/h]MY MISS SOPHIA (2), a Grade 2 winner and runner-up in the 2014 Kentucky Oaks, tries turf here in race 6, a second-level allowance, for the first time in her career. She's currently the 2/1 second choice, but her form is poor, and is grass going to move her up?
Trainer Bill Mott isn't sure. Mott worked her on turf May 30, My Miss Sophia's first grass breeze. Her drill was timed in a bullet 1:00.80, and Mott said she looked pretty good on grass, though there were a couple extra lead changes, and the filly might have gotten a little lost, Mott said, working on her own.
But this, Mott confirmed, is not an instance where connections were dying to get a horse on turf, and just hadn't found the opportunity. Mott was frankly, and understandably, disappointed in My Miss Sophia's comeback race May 1 following a long layoff and a barn change from Todd Pletcher into his stable. My Miss Sophia hasn't done much running at all in three starts since the Oaks last year. Connections are just hoping a surface switch brings out some of that fading luster.

R6: I hate to go with the fav but #4 looks to be best in here for Javy/Dubb/Chad..originally did like other Chad #5, but she's scratched today. #4 was able to close into slow pace in last off layoff in N.A. debut. 3rd place finisher from last has come back to win since.

R7: I like #8 (12-1 ML) the best, 1st turf in last and certainly out ran 50-1 plus odds, replay is a must watch of that last race hit gate, rank, ran huge thru stretch, big jockey change today..#1 won debut race but dq'ed, #14 last 2 on turf make him a player, great trainer change for Nevin who does great work with new acquisitions

Play we are on the same horse....

7th: 8-Thecatmancan- Interesting that Jose Lezcano rides. First time on turf ran very well at big odds.

$40-Win
$80-Place
$160-Show

Ex box: 8/1, 8/3, 8/11, 8/12

8th: 7-Clearly Now- plenty of pace in here, will be coming on in the last 1/16th

$60-Win
$120-Place

Ex box: 7/8, 7/1, 7/5

9th: A no play for me, due to the 1-1A Entry they look unbeatable... If you're playing late PK3,PK4 this is your single.

Back