Mubtaahij (arrived) | 18-1
Madefromlucky (arrived) | 18-1
Keen Ice (owner confirmed) | 20-1
Tale of Verve (arrived) | 40-1
Frammento (trainer confirmed) | 40-1
The Truth or Else (confirmed) | 40-1
<s style="box-sizing: border-box;">Conquest Curlinate | 35-1</s>
<s style="box-sizing: border-box;">War Story | 40-1</s>

[h=1]Belmont Park Notes 5/27/15[/h]By NYRA Press Office | 05/28/2015 12:11 PM ET
bs-logo-story.jpg

• Keen Ice makes final preparations for G1 Belmont Stakes
  • Ortiz gets familiar with Belmont Stakes mount Mubtaahij
  • Fields taking shape for first two days of Belmont Stakes Racing Festival

Donegal Racing's Keen Ice turned in his final major work at his Churchill Downs base this morning for the Grade 1, $1.5 million Belmont Stakes and a showdown with Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah.

"He worked great," said trainer Dale Romans. "He went by himself, which he doesn't usually do but we're going for the endurance at this point. I thought it was a great work."

With assistant trainer and exercise rider Tammy Fox aboard, Keen Ice breezed six furlongs during the track's special training period for Belmont Stakes runners. The son of Curlin completed the move in 1:13.60, the fastest of two at the distance.

Keen Ice endured a troubled trip in the Kentucky Derby. Ridden by Kent Desormeaux, Keen Ice lacked running room for much of the race but managed to split rivals in the stretch with a strong closing kick to finish seventh.

Romans said he is not only pleased with his colt's progress, but he believes that Keen Ice will be well-suited to the 1 ½ mile-Belmont Stakes.

"It's pedigree, plus it's just him," Romans said. "He's not one that has a lightning turn of foot but he doesn't get tired and he's just been getting stronger and stronger. I think he ran the second-fastest final eighth in the Kentucky Derby and he probably could've gone another three-quarters of a mile after that."

According to Romans, Keen Ice is expected to leave for Belmont Park on Tuesday, June 2. Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner American Pharoah, who walked this morning at Churchill Downs following Tuesday's half-mile breeze in :48, and Conquest Curlinate, second in the Peter Pan, are expected on the same flight to New York.

Trainer Mike de Kock's Belmont Stakes hopeful Mubtaahij continued to keep busy Wednesday morning with his fourth timed workout since arriving at Belmont Park on May 15.

Ridden for the first time by Irad Ortiz Jr., who has been named to ride on June 6, Mubtaahij visited the main track shortly after the renovation break, where the Irish-bred son of Dubawi worked an easy half-mile as planned, picking up the pace at the three-eighths pole, according to de Kock's assistant trainer, Trevor Brown.

"He went well," said Brown. "He basically did exactly what we wanted him to. The important thing was just getting the jockey on him to give him a chance to get accustomed to the horse and get to know him. Irad was pretty happy with the horse. He said he's ready."

Mubtaahij got an official time of 38.05 seconds for three furlongs, the fifth-fastest of seven at the distance. The UAE Derby winner will very likely make another appearance on the worktab in the remaining ten days until the Belmont Stakes.

"I speak to Mike every day and he tells me what he wants from the horse, obviously gauging from his well-being and how he's eating," Brown said. "And [Mubtaahij] doesn't stop eating. If they're eating, they'll work. Mike isn't shy to work horses."

Mubtaahij's Australian-bred stablemate Umgiyo also took to the track on Wednesday for a little light training.

"He just had a jog around the track today so it was an easy day for him," said Brown. "He's doing very good. He'll probably work sometime this weekend."

The Danehill Dancer gelding is in consideration for either the Grade 1 Knob Creek Manhattan Stakes or the Belmont Gold Cup Invitational during the Belmont Stakes Racing Festival.

Fields are beginning to take shape for the first two days of the inaugural Belmont Stakes Racing Festival, which will feature seven stakes races worth a total of $1.6 million on Thursday, June 4 and Friday, June 5 at Belmont.

The $250,000 Astoria for 2-year-old fillies and $150,000 Intercontinental for older fillies and mares on turf kicks off the stakes action on Thursday for the three-day event.

The 5 ½-furlong Astoria is likely to feature a field of precocious fillies, including Decked Out, Fleet Grey, Little Cherie, One Minute and Tonasah.

In the Intercontinental, Zindaya heads the probable field coming off a convincing score in the License Fee Stakes on May 1 at Belmont. The 4-year-old daughter of More Than Ready is 2-for-2 over the local turf for trainer Christophe Clement and Regis Racing.

Also likely for the race are A Little Bit Sassy, a stakes winner on turf for trainer Michael Matz and Ramona Bass; Baffle Me, winner of the Powder Break Stakes at Gulfstream Park last out; Believe in Charlie, fifth in the License Fee; Dauphine Russe, third in the License Fee; Devilish Love, runner-up in the License Fee; Kune Kune, who has not raced since November for owner/trainer James Nicol; Radiator, sixth in the Grade 3 Beaugay at Belmont in her most recent outing; and Water Hole, 12th in the Grade 2 Distaff Turf Mile in her North American debut for trainer Chad Brown.

On Friday, the Grade 2, $250,000 True North for older sprinters gets top billing. The probable field for the race includes multiple Grade 1 winners Dads Caps and Palace, budding superstar Rock Fall, and Belmont seven-furlong track-record holder Clearly Now.

Also likely to participate are Eastwood, winner of two straight for trainer Todd Pletcher; Favorite Tale, a speedy son of Tale of the Cat; and Stallwalkin' Dude, who capped a four-race win streak by taking the Diablo Stakes in his latest start. Multiple stakes winner Gentlemen's Bet is a possibility, as well.

Friday's $250,000 Belmont Gold Cup Invitational at two miles on the turf will field at least eight, including the Phipps Stable's Reflecting, who came off a three-month layoff to finish a close-up second in a May 8 allowance at Pimlico. Expected to start as well are Comes the Dream, second in his 2015 debut; Diplomat, making his North American debut; Dynamic Sky, winner of last year's Grade 3 Red Smith Handicap; Innovation Economy, making his first stakes start; Manchurian High, eighth in the Grade 2 Dixie Handicap at Pimlico; Excelsior runner-up Red Rifle; and Unitarian, third in the Elkhorn.

Also on the day's card is the $150,000 Jersey Girl Stakes for 3-year-old fillies going six furlongs, featuring noted probables Enchantress and Noble and a Beauty.

Enchantress will represent trainer Todd Pletcher in her return to the races after finishing 12th in the Grade 2 Davona Dale Stakes last February at Gulfstream Park, while Rick Violette Jr. plans to send Cicada Stakes winner Noble and a Beauty, following her sixth-place finish in the Grade 2 Gazelle on April 4 at Aqueduct. Also in consideration for the Jersey Girl are Cavorting for trainer Kiaran McLaughlin, Coco's Wildcat for Kathleen O'Connell, So You Say for Michelle Nevin and Spark from the barn of Jimmy Jerkens.

Friday will also host the return of multiple Grade 1 winner Stephanie's Kitten in the Grade 2, $300,000 New York Handicap at 1 ¼ miles for older fillies and mares on turf. Ken and Sarah Ramsey's homebred multimillionaire has faced rivals in the last two runnings of the Grade 1 Longines Just a Game Stakes on the Belmont Stakes undercard and boasts a record of two wins from three starts at Belmont for trainer Chad Brown.

Met Mile Probables

Vyjack
Kobe's Back
Social Inclusion
Noble Moon
Wicked Strong
Sahara Sky
Tonalist
Tamarkuz
Private Zone
Honor Code

Bayern is targeted but not confirmed

Manhattan Probables

Seek Again
Il Campione
Biz the Nurse
Imagining
Slumber
Big Blue Kitten
Hyper
General A Rod
Twilight Eclipse
War Dancer
Finnegans Wake

Jack Milton also possible

You gonna head down?
Between last year being a shit show, I had a great day but Nyra wasn't prepared for crowd, ran out of food and drinks early, hour wait bathroom and betting, not us but many others had transportation issues, not enough trains, busses, some left in lot for hours that drove, we drove but out right after Chrome lost. .triple crown hopefuls 0/2 when I'm there..and something important came up sorta last minute. I'll not be attending but will be in action on Fri and Sat and will share thoughts and plays.

Between last year being a shit show, I had a great day but Nyra wasn't prepared for crowd, ran out of food and drinks early, hour wait bathroom and betting, not us but many others had transportation issues, not enough trains, busses, some left in lot for hours that drove, we drove but out right after Chrome lost. .triple crown hopefuls 0/2 when I'm there..and something important came up sorta last minute. I'll not be attending but will be in action on Fri and Sat and will share thoughts and plays.

I'm hoping there isn't a repeat this year and the limit of 90,000 attendance helps keeps things under control. A friend had an extra ticket to a box seat, so I am going to be heading over.

Friday May 29 Race 7, Sanctify returns to the turf. The return effort last out at Aqueduct was a shitshow. He bit his tongue in the van over from Belmont and had some sort of contraption in his mouth for that and washed out in the receiving barn which I'm hoping explains his lackluster stretch run. Hopefully he turns things around here.

Best of luck today Lloyd. Looks like a salty group with Compliance Office, Asset Inflation, Dowses Beach and Billy the Bull in the mix. Billy might sneak off on everyone here, need the 7 to keep him honest.

Belmont Stakes field (updated 5/28)

Odds are courtesy of Wynn Las Vegas.
American Pharoah (confirmed) | 20-23
Frosted (trainer confirmed) | 9-2
Materiality (arrived) | 9-2
Carpe Diem (arrived) | 10-1
Mubtaahij (arrived) | 18-1
Madefromlucky (arrived) | 18-1
Keen Ice (owner confirmed) | 20-1
Tale of Verve (arrived) | 40-1
Frammento (trainer confirmed) | 40-1
The Truth or Else (confirmed) | 40-1
<s style="box-sizing: border-box;">Conquest Curlinate | 35-1</s>
<s style="box-sizing: border-box;">War Story | 40-1</s>

Carpe Diem and The Truth or Else both out of the Belmont, looks like a field of 8

On the plus side BC champ Bayern has been confirmed for the Met Mile. Awesome field there.

The overnight listing is out for the full day. Opening with a stakes race. How about Social Inclusion running in the finale, my how far that horse has fallen.

1st Race. (C12) STAKES

THE WINSTAR FARM EASY GOER

Purse $150,000 (Up to $27,000 NYSBFOA) One Mile And One Sixteenth

FOR THREE YEARS OLDS.

1 Stanford(L) B.c.3 115 Castellano, J Tabor, M Pletcher, Todd
2 Combat Diver(L) Ch.c.3 115 Maragh, R Wounded Warrior Stables Contessa, Gary
3 Japan(L) Dk B/ Br.c.3 115 Alvarado, J Schwartz, B Mott, William
4 Nonna's Boy(L) B.c.3 115 Velazquez, J Repole Stable Pletcher, Todd
5 Donworth(L) Dk B/ Br.c.3 115 Rosario, J Regis Racing Motion, H. Graham

2nd Race. (C1) Approx Post 12:07PM ALLOWANCE

Purse $90,000 (Up to $17,000 NYSBFOA) One Mile And One Sixteenth

For Three Year Olds and Upward Which Have Never Won $10,000 Once Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter Or State Bred or Which Have Never

Won Two Races.

1 Gold Shield(L) Dk B/ Br.c.3 118 Velazquez, J Lane's End Racing McGaughey III, Claude
2 Wisecracker(L) Dk B/ Br.c.3 118 Ortiz, Jr., I Godolphin Stable McLaughlin, Kiaran
3 Lunar Rover(L) Dk B/ Br.c.4 **117 Cancel, E Clifton, Jr., W Bond, H.
4 Tiz Shea D(L) B.c.3 116 Lezcano, J Barber, G Mott, William
5 Gridley Here(L) Dk B/ Br.c.4 124 Rosario, J Harold Lerner, LLC McPeek, Kenneth
6 Day of Fury(L) Dk B/ Br.g.4 124 Velasquez, C Jacobson, D Jacobson, David
7 Tommy Macho(L) B.c.3 116 Castellano, J Pompa, Jr., P Pletcher, Todd
8 Smart Transition(L) B.c.3 118 Alvarado, J Zetcher, A Shirreffs, John

3rd Race. (C5) Approx Post 12:39PM STAKES

THE WOODY STEPHENS

"Presented by I Love NY" - Grade II - $500,000

Purse $500,000 (Up to $50,000 NYSBFOA) Seven Furlongs

FOR THREE YEAR OLDS.

1 Ready for Rye(L) B.g.3 123 Saez, L Chalk Racing Albertrani, Thomas
2 March(L) Dk B/ Br.c.3 123 Ortiz, Jr., I LaPenta, R Brown, Chad
3 Competitive Edge(L) B.c.3 123 Velazquez, J Nancy Favreau K Psoinos LLC Pletcher, Todd
4 Two Weeks Off(L) Dk B/ Br.c.3 117 Castellano, J Starlight Racing Pletcher, Todd
5 Cinco Charlie(L) B.c.3 123 Santana, Jr., R Heiligbrodt, L Asmussen, Steven
6 Classy Class(L) B.c.3 117 Velasquez, C Cheyenne Stables, LLC McLaughlin, Kiaran

4th Race. (C3) Approx Post 1:15PM STAKES

THE JAIPUR INVITATIONAL

Grade III - $300,000

Purse $300,000 (Up to $38,000 NYSBFOA) Six Furlongs (Widener Turf)

FOR FOUR- YEAR- OLDS AND UPWARD.

1 Power Alert (AUS)(L) Gr/ro.g.5 120 Velazquez, J Covello, J Lynch, Brian
2 Bellarmine(L) Dk B/ Br.h.5 118 Franco, M Dunn, C Sharp, Joe
3 Brickyard Kitten(L) Ch.g.5 114 Bravo, J Imbesi, J Perkins, Jr., B. W.
4 Ageless(L) B.m.6 119 Leparoux, J Lael Stable Delacour, Arnaud
5 Unbridled's Note(L) B.h.6 114 Santana, Jr., R McCarty, M Asmussen, Steven
6 Something Extra(L) Dk B/ Br.g.7 122 Smith, M Cox, G Cox, Gail
7 Summation Time(L) Dk B/ Br.c.4 116 Ortiz, Jr., I Waterford Stable Clement, Christophe
8 Helwan (FR)(L) B.c.4 114 Ortiz, J Al Shaqab Racing Brown, Chad
9 Sandy'z Slew(L) B.g.5 114 Alvarado, J Team Clear Stars Stable Schosberg, Richard
10 Channel Marker(L) Dk B/ Br.g.6 114 Torres, F Rigney Racing Bauer, Philip
11 Spring to the Sky(L) Dk B/ Br.h.6 122 Castellano, J McCarthy, A Brown, Bruce
12 Shrinking Violet(L) Ch.m.5 119 Desormeaux, K Ward, W Ward, Wesley
13 Mosler(L) Dk B/ Br.c.4 120 Rosario, J Dilschneider, A Mott, William

5th Race. (C7) Approx Post 1:52PM STAKES

THE OGDEN PHIPPS

Grade I - $1,000,000

Purse $1,000,000 (Up to $60,000 NYSBFOA) One Mile And One Sixteenth

FOR FILLIES AND MARES FOUR- YEAR- OLDS AND UPWARD.

1 Rosalind(L) Ch.f.4 121 Rosario, J Dubb, M Brown, Chad
2 Wedding Toast(L) Dk B/ Br.m.5 117 Lezcano, J Godolphin Stable McLaughlin, Kiaran
3 House Rules(L) Dk B/ Br.f.4 119 Alvarado, J Shields, Jr., J Jerkens, James
4 Untapable(L) B.f.4 123 Velazquez, J Winchell, R Asmussen, Steven
5 Princess Violet(L) B.f.4 115 Ortiz, J Schwartz, B Rice, Linda
6 Shayjolie(L) B.f.4 115 Maragh, R Shay, S Contessa, Gary

6th Race. (C4) Approx Post 2:34PM STAKES

THE BROOKLYN INVITATIONAL

Grade II - $400,000

Purse $400,000 (Up to $44,000 NYSBFOA) One Mile And One Half

FOR FOUR-YEAR-OLDS AND UPWARD.

1 Red Rifle(L) Ch.g.5 121 Lezcano, J Twin Creeks Racing Stables Pletcher, Todd
2 Call Me George(L) Dk B/ Br.h.5 121 Graham, J Bond, M Forster, Grant
3 Wealth to Me(L) Gr/ro.g.8 115 Velasquez, C Drawing Away Stable Jacobson, David
4 Effinex(L) Dk B/ Br.c.4 119 Arroyo, A Tri-Bone Stables Jerkens, James
5 Turco Bravo (CHI)(L) Ch.g.6 117 Ortiz, J Winning Move Stable Contessa, Gary
6a Coach Inge(L) B.g.4 117 Velazquez, J Repole Stable Pletcher, Todd
7 Ever Rider (ARG)(L) Gr/ro.h.7 115 Saez, L Waldorf Racing Stables LLC Montoya, Marya
8 V. E. Day(L) Ch.c.4 123 Castellano, J Bryant, M Jerkens, James
9 Neck 'n Neck(L) Dk B/ Br.h.6 115 Leparoux, J Mitzlaff, T Wilkes, Ian
10 Sky Kingdom(L) B.h.6 119 Espinoza, V Westrock Stables Baffert, Bob
11 Tacticus B.c.4 117 Maragh, R Flaxman Stable Cecil, Jane
12a Micromanage(L) B.h.5 119 Ortiz, Jr., I Repole Stable Pletcher, Todd
13 Cary Street(L) B.g.6 121 Mena, M Detampel, M Walsh, Brendan

7th Race. (C6) Approx Post 3:15PM STAKES

THE ACORN

Grade I - $750,000

Purse $750,000 (Up to $55,000 NYSBFOA) One Mile

FOR FILLIES THREE YEARS OLD.

1 Oceanwave(L) Gr/ro.f.3 115 Espinoza, V West, G & M Catalano, Wayne Blk-On
2 Wonder Gal(L) Dk B/ Br.f.3 115 Stevens, G Treadway Racing Stable Gyarmati, Leah
3 By the Moon(L) Dk B/ Br.f.3 121 Ortiz, J Jay Em Ess Stable Nevin, Michelle
4 Calamity Kate(L) B.f.3 117 Lopez, P Hall, G & L Breen, Kelly
5 Bar of Gold(L) Dk B/ Br.f.3 115 Alvarado, J Broman Sr., C & M Kimmel, John
6 Curalina(L) Ch.f.3 117 Velazquez, J Eclipse Thoroughbred Partners Pletcher, Todd
7 Condo Commando(L) Dk B/ Br.f.3 121 Rosario, J Dubb, M Rodriguez, Rudy
8 Shook Up(L) Gr/ro.f.3 115 Albarado, R Regis Racing Asmussen, Steven
9 Promise Me Silver(L) Gr/ro.f.3 121 Smith, M Luttrell, R Calhoun, W.
10 Light the City(L) B.f.3 115 Ortiz, Jr., I Cheyenne Stables, LLC McLaughlin, Kiaran
11 Miss Ella(L) B.f.3 121 Maragh, R Swain, III, J Motion, H. Graham
12 Danzatrice(L) Ch.f.3 117 McCarthy, T Gainesway Stable Lynch, Cathal

8th Race. (C8) Approx Post 4:00PM STAKES

THE LONGINES JUST A GAME

Grade I - $700,000

Purse $700,000 (Up to $54,000 NYSBFOA) One Mile (Widener Turf)

FOR FILLIES AND MARES FOUR- YEAR- OLDS AND UPWARD.

1 Lady Lara (IRE)(L) B.f.4 121 Alvarado, J Sangster, B Mott, William
2 Sandiva (IRE)(L) Ch.f.4 115 Smith, M Al Shaqab Racing Pletcher, Todd
3 Discreet Marq(L) Gr/ro.m.5 117 Ortiz, Jr., I Moyglare Stud Farm Clement, Christophe
4 Coffee Clique(L) B.m.5 123 Velazquez, J Amerman Racing, LLC Lynch, Brian
5 Baffle Me(L) Ch.m.6 113 Lopez, P Lewis, L Hennig, Mark
6 Filimbi(L) Gr/ro.m.5 117 Rosario, J Juddmonte Farms Mott, William
7 J Wonder(L) B.f.4 113 Lezcano, J Rosen, A McGaughey III, Claude
8 Ball Dancing(L) Dk B/ Br.f.4 123 Castellano, J Farish, W S Brown, Chad
9 Tepin(L) B.f.4 121 Leparoux, J Masterson, R Casse, Mark
10 Photo Call (IRE)(L) B.f.4 113 Maragh, R Cooper, Mrs. P K Motion, H. Graham

9th Race. (C9) Approx Post 4:49PM HANDICAP STAKE

THE NYRA.com METROPOLITAN

Grade I - $1,250,000

Purse $1,250,000 (Up to $60,000 NYSBFOA) One Mile

A HANDICAP FOR THREE YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD.

1 Private Zone(L) B.g.6 123 Pedroza, M Good Friends Stable, LLC Navarro, Jorge
2 Bay of Plenty(L) Dk B/ Br.c.4 114 Smith, M Godolphin Stable McLaughlin, Kiaran
3 Noble Moon(L) B.c.4 113 Ortiz, J Treadway Racing Stable Gyarmati, Leah
4 Tonalist(L) B.c.4 123 Velazquez, J Evans, R Clement, Christophe
5 Tamarkuz(L1) Ch.h.5 119 Ortiz, Jr., I Shadwell Stable McLaughlin, Kiaran
6 Wicked Strong(L) B.c.4 120 Rosario, J Centennial Farms Jerkens, James
7 Bayern(L) Dk B/ Br.c.4 123 Garcia, M Kaleem Shah, Inc. Baffert, Bob
8 Pants On Fire(L) Dk B/ Br.h.7 116 Lopez, P Hall, G & L Breen, Kelly
9 Honor Code(L) Dk B/ Br.r.4 118 Castellano, J Lane's End Racing McGaughey III, Claude
10 Kobe's Back(L) Gr/ro.c.4 116 Stevens, G Searing, S Eurton, Peter

10th Race. (C10) Approx Post 5:46PM STAKES

THE KNOB CREEK MANHATTAN

Grade I - $1,000,000

Purse $1,000,000 (Up to $60,000 NYSBFOA) One Mile And One Quarter (Inner Turf)

FOR FOUR- YEAR- OLDS AND UPWARD.

1 Hyper(L) B.h.8 114 Leparoux, J Ramsey, K L & S K Brown, Chad
2 Twilight Eclipse(L) B.g.6 122 Castellano, J West Point Thoroughbreds Albertrani, Thomas
3 Finnegans Wake(L) B.h.6 122 Espinoza, V Donegal Racing (J. Crawford) Miller, Peter
4 War Dancer(L) Dk B/ Br.h.5 116 Lezcano, J Diamond M Stable Mott, William
5 Big Blue Kitten(L) B.h.7 118 Bravo, J Ramsey, K L & S K Brown, Chad
6 Legendary (GB)(L) B.g.6 118 Prado, E Swinburn, W Saville, Niall
7 Slumber (GB)(L) B.h.7 114 Ortiz, Jr., I Dubb, M Brown, Chad
Blk-On
8 Biz The Nurse (IRE)(L) B.h.5 114 Rosario, J D'Amato, J Albertrani, Thomas
9 Magic Artist (IRE) Dk B/ Br.c.4 116 Demuro, C Wernicke, H Figge, Wolfgang
10 General a Rod(L) Dk B/ Br.c.4 114 Velazquez, J Skychai Racing Pletcher, Todd
Blk-Off
11 Jack Milton(L) Dk B/ Br.h.5 124 Nakatani, C Barber, G Pletcher, Todd

11th Race. (C11) Approx Post 6:50PM STAKES

THE BELMONT STAKES

Grade I - $1,500,000

Purse $1,500,000 (Up to $60,000 NYSBFOA) One Mile And One Half

FOR THREE YEAR OLDS.

1 Mubtaahij (IRE) B.c.3 126 Ortiz, Jr., I Essafinaat de Kock, Michael
2 Tale of Verve(L) B.c.3 126 Stevens, G Fipke, C Stewart, Dallas
3 Madefromlucky(L) Ch.c.3 126 Castellano, J Cheyenne Stables, LLC Pletcher, Todd
4 Frammento(L) Ch.c.3 126 Smith, M Mossarosa Zito, Nicholas
Blk-Off
5 American Pharoah(L) B.c.3 126 Espinoza, V Zayat Stables, LLC Baffert, Bob
6 Frosted(L) Gr/ro.c.3 126 Rosario, J Godolphin Stable McLaughlin, Kiaran
7 Keen Ice(L) B.c.3 126 Desormeaux, K Donegal Racing (J. Crawford) Romans, Dale
8 Materiality(L) B.c.3 126 Velazquez, J Alto Racing Pletcher, Todd

12th Race. (C13) Approx Post 7:38PM ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING

Purse $96,000 (Up to $17,280 NYSBFOA) One Mile And One Eighth (Inner Turf)

For Three Year Olds and Upward Which Have Never Won $10,000 Twice Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter Or State Bred or Which Have Never

Won Three Races or Claiming Price $62,500.

1 Shkspeare Shaliyah(L) B.g.6 120 Arroyo, A Shivmangal Racing Stable, LLC Shivmangal, Doodnauth
2 Mills(L) Dk B/ Br.g.5 120 Alvarado, J Wachtel Stable Mott, William
3a Powerful Instinct(L) Dk B/ Br.g.6 122 Castellano, J Dubb, M Brown, Chad
4 Town Extension(L) Gr/ro.h.5 122 Ortiz, J Fipke, C Tagg, Barclay
5 Depeche Chat(L) Ch.g.7 120 $62,500 Pedroza, M Valentine, M Navarro, Jorge
6 Flashlight (IRE)(L) B.h.5 120 Saez, L Maharajh, R Lynch, Brian
7 Taghleeb(L) Ch.c.4 122 Maragh, R Shadwell Stable McLaughlin, Kiaran
8 Holy Invader(L) B.g.6 120 Jara, F Paradise Farms Corp. Quick, Patrick
9 Coltimus Prime(L) Dk B/ Br.c.4 120 Franco, M Cabernet Racing Stables Clement, Christophe
10 Ocala Jim(L) B.g.5 120 Lezcano, J Funky Munky Stable LLC Donk, David
11 Umgiyo (AUS) B.g.5 122 Rosario, J Rippon, W de Kock, Michael
12 Market Outlook(L) B.g.5 122 Ortiz, Jr., I(1) Klaravich Stables Brown, Chad

MTO
AE13 Market Blaster(L) Dk B/ Br.g.5 122 $62,500 Carmouche, K Kornhauser, D Coletti, Jr., Edward

MTO
AE14a Barrister Jim(L) Ch.g.5 120 Ortiz, Jr., I(2) Dubb, M Rodriguez, Rudy

13th Race. (C2) Approx Post 8:12PM ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING

Purse $96,000 (Up to $17,280 NYSBFOA) Seven Furlongs

For Three Year Olds and Upward Which Have Never Won $10,000 Twice Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter Or State Bred or Which Have Never

Won Three Races or Claiming Price $62,500.

1 Green Gratto(L) Dk B/ Br.h.5 120 Jara, F Grant, G Rojas, Osvaldo
2 Warrior's Crown(L) Ch.h.5 122 Alvarado, J Kinsman Stable Mott, William
3 Chipit(L) Dk B/ Br.c.3 119 Velazquez, J Alto Racing Pletcher, Todd
4 Life in Shambles(L) Gr/ro.g.4 120 Ortiz, Jr., I Jump Sucker Stable Clement, Christophe
5 Spa City Fever(L) Ch.g.9 122 $62,500 Cruz, A Jacobson, D Jacobson, David
6 Easy to Say(L) Ch.c.3 119 Lopez, P New Farm Perkins, Jr., B. W.
7 Don Dulce(L) Gr/ro.g.7 122 $62,500 Velasquez, C Final Turn Racing Stables, LLC Jacobson, David
8 Big Looie(L) Dk B/ Br.g.8 122 $62,500 Pedroza, M Hendrickson, R Navarro, Jorge
9 Takajo(L) B.g.5 **113 $62,500 Cancel, E Long Lake Stables Terranova, II, John
10 Social Inclusion(L) B.c.4 120 Lezcano, J Rontos Racing Stable Brown, Chad Blk-On
11 Matterhorn(L) B.c.4 122 Castellano, J Eclipse Thoroughbred Partners Pletcher, Todd
12 Second City(L) Dk B/ Br.g.6 120 $62,500 Franco, M Flynn, K Esler, Nicholas
13 Tairneach(L) B.g.4 122 $62,500 Saez, L Midwest Thoroughbreds Ness, Jamie

Gandolf, I haven't heard too much. I know Mott likes the way he has been training and said after his last that they were going to stretch him out on dirt and then maybe switch him over to the turf. Looking at the race, he should be able to sit off the early pace setters who should be battling up front so it should set up well for him. I was going to make a modest wager on him if he stayed near the 8-1ML.

History, plus too much to do in short span for AP, now has to get 1 1/2 mile distance vs fresh horses, Preakness was a joke, rain changed whole race pace wise..we shall see, I always look for value with horses and never take short prices like AP will be.

I'm looking at Frosted and Materiality

R5 #12 is 12-1 ML, trainer (Violette) excels with 1st ers in dirt, sprints..has won 10 of last 19 that move

Cavorting could win and cutting back should certainly help, but off layoff and short price and had to get back to form of 1st two races, I'll pass today..

Back