Beaver Blitz Tuesday (5-22-07)

BlitzBandit

Friend of CTG
The Beaver Blitz - (1-0-0) (100%)

Minnesota @ Detroit -12

This line may look high, but it’s not even close to where it should be. I had it at 16 and I’m expecting a blowout here.

Detroit got their win against Sacramento on Saturday, but they were nowhere near satisfied. They watched an 18 pt dominating lead turn into a 7 pt win. Laimbeer just kept rambling all game long how they were killing themselves and how they were making too many mistakes. Personally, I don’t think Laimbeer is one of the best coaches in this league, but with the talent he has on his team, he doesn’t have to be. He's a helluva motivator though. Ford only played for 17 minutes, so I’m sure we’ll see here get into her groove here. Tweety, Katie, Cheryl, Cash, Braxton, Pierson, and Pee-Wee. It’s just too much for a Lynx team that has one proven star player. Detroit is a team that likes to blow teams out. They got their win on Saturday, but they still have yet to blow a team out and this is their opportunity to do it right here at home against a weak team.

As for the Lynx. Wow. Has anyone been watching them play? They look like a team in turmoil. Augustus (last years’ rookie of the year) had 28 pts on Sunday against the Monarchs and the rest of the team had 36 with nobody else hitting double digits. I believe Lindsey Harding is the frontrunner for rookie of the year this season, but she has lots of work to do. Actually, the whole team does. Harding had 12 pts and 3 rebounds against Indiana on Saturday, but only had 4 against the Monarchs. There is no doubt she will get her time to shine eventually, but starting the season against what I believe to be are three of the best teams in the league (DET, SAC, and IND) is not helping her at all. What I have seen from this team on the court has been a lack of discipline and a lack of teamwork. When this team hits a slump, they all fall down. There were spurts where nobody was even coming close to making a shot. Well, except for Augustus. There was a few plays where the lanes were wide open to the basket and nobody was driving. They were desperate to get the ball into Augustus’ hands. Even when they were coming from behind, it was more Sacramento playing like shit and letting the game slip away than the Lynx playing well. The Monarchs were giving them the comeback in a platter, and they still couldn’t take advantage of that. Bottom line, Augustus cannot beat this Detroit team alone, specially if she gets keyed on, which she will. I’m taking Detroit here in a big blowout.

Good luck to all.

GL Blitz

There is no question about the talent difference between these two teams however my concern with laying DD with this Shock team is that they seem to be similar to the male version of Detroit, last season they would continually sleep walk their way through games and press the on switch when needed.

Take a look at the Monarchs @ Mytics and let me know what you think - with Beard most likely back tonight I'm lining them up to dish out the Monarchs' first loss of the season.

thanks Ray.. gl.

:shake:

Rod... I posted in ICs' thread about the Monarchs'... I also think Washington covers here and wins today, but it won't be the Monarchs' first loss of the season. I think you are already forgetting they just lost to Detroit on Saturday. Where's your mind at bro?.. lol... just kidding bud. Good spot for Washington I think. I just think the line is too close, but I still think they cover. As for Detroit, you're right, they do slow down on games where there is no motivation for them, but I think tonight there is. I really feel this one will be a blowout... gl tonight bud.

still contemplating the Sac/Was game... I think Was looks good to win, but at the same time, it's pretty hard seeing the Monarchs start the season 1-2... but I think it's going to happen.... oh well, I think I'll just pass on it and stick only to the Shock for today.

Blitz, how do you like Silver Stars getting points at home tomorrow?

Having lost the first game they are a bit in a corner, unlike Suns having won the first game according to plan...

thanks BAR... appreciate it bud... gl on your plays tonight as well...

:shake:

Mimir... haven't looked deep into the two games for tomorrow yet, but I didn't find value in the line at all. I had it exactly at +2 for SA, so its right around where it should be, but when you look at the emotional side of things, I think SA does have a good chance of covering.. they saw alot of positive things against PHO, but this Connecticut team is pretty solid. I don't think they can beat them straight up, so the small spread is hard to consider for me... I thought SEA would be a better bet, but when I calculated a line for them, I got -6, so there wasn't much value there for me either... I still need to look at other stuff though.. gl bud.

I have liked what I have seen from the DET game the first half... DET was playing like shit and was 8 pts down til they got their shit in gear and closed out the half 8 pts up.... this is perfect for setting up our blowout. If Laimbeer doesn't get after their asses at halftime for letting this crap MIN team stay close, then I don't know what else it would take to get a rise out of him... I expect them to finish out strong.

how's this for an ending...

Detroit has the ball with 5 seconds left up by 13....

Amy Sanders.. who??.. Amy Sanders (a free agent pickup for the Shock who wasn't even considered to have playing time today) throws a bad pass to Amber Jacobs.. who?... Amber Jacobs (yes.. she plays for the Lynx). Amber then runs up the court in the last few seconds and before even reaching the half court line, launches the ball before time expires... and yes... it goes in.... lmfao... un-fucking-believable

MOOSED by a fucking half court shot.....:moose:

first off, it was great to see Detroit come out strong and build up a 21 point lead after the half, but I guess I hadn't considered they were going to start letting all the reserves get playing time... great job Bill... asshole.... this isn't elementary where everyone has to have a chance to play... oh well...

Detroit had this blowout and it should never have been this close... nonetheless, a loss it is...

KILL BILL!!

OMG wished I had not read how it ended, now I'm feeling sicker BUT a bounce back is now in order!
GL tomorrow

still can't believe how this ended...

Detroit was up by 19 with just a bit over a couple of minutes left... then the reserves start coming in and the lead falls to 13 in a flash... I bet Bill had his money on the Lynx... lol...

as much as this one hurt, I guess I can't really complain as I won my first play with SEA in a game they made a miracle comeback... I guess it's karma.

still looking at some future games....

for todays' games, I figured the line for SEA would be -6 and the line for SA would be +2, so I don't see much value in those...

for tomorrow, I got the line for NY at -2 and the line for Indiana at -7.

those lines still have yet to come out, but if the line comes out any lower with Indy, then I will probably take the Fever at home... see how that goes.

still looking at totals and other things on todays games.

Back