Beaver Blitz Friday (6-8-07)

BlitzBandit

Friend of CTG
Chicago played decently but screwed me in the end... hopefully things look better for tonight...

Beaver Blitz (12-7) (63.1%) +7.6 units

tonight:

INDIANA.gif
Indiana -4.5
@ Washington

( 3 units )

Detroit @ New York +3.5
newyork.gif

( 3 units )

minnesota.gif
Minnesota +12.5 @ Los Angeles

( 3 units )

don't have much right now, so I'll do some explaining a bit later....

gl to all.

still contemplating taking Houston... I like them in this spot tonight.. but ugh.. they're just so horrible.. lol.

Please explain this lean to me....

uhh.. I can't... lol.

seriously though... I know Houston is messed up right now and I don't think they have what it takes to beat anybody...

but I do think this is a good spot because Connecticut is off two wins, including a big one against Phoenix at home... so now playing on the road to a crap team pretty much is hard to be UP for... kinda why I think Detroit only beat Houston by 6...

Houston is 0-5, but keep in mind their games have been against Seattle, Phoenix and Indiana on the road and San Antonio and Detroit at home. Connecticut, in my opinion anyway, is the weakest team they have faced so far... so playing them at home, this could be their first game to try to start turning things in some kind of positive direction... and 6 pts is enough for me to like. I didn't have the balls to play Minnesota against Phoenix and I regretted it. I DID have the balls to play Chicago against Phoenix... and I regretted it also... lol... either way... I think I'm going to get some balls again and take the points at home.

adding:

Connecticut @ Houston +6.5
HOUSTON.gif

( 3 units )

as I stated in the above post...

I think this is a good spot because Connecticut is off two wins, including a big one against Phoenix at home... so now playing on the road to a crap team pretty much is hard to be UP for... kinda why I think Detroit only beat Houston by 6... Houston is 0-5, but keep in mind their games have been against Seattle, Phoenix and Indiana on the road and San Antonio and Detroit at home. Connecticut, in my opinion anyway, is the weakest team they have faced so far... so playing them at home, this could be their first game to try to start turning things in some kind of positive direction... and 6 pts + is enough for me to like.

INDIANA.gif
Indiana -4.5 @ Washington

( 3 units )

This should be a game where Indiana pretty much dominates every quarter. I would be surprised if Washington outscores them in any of them. Indiana is a much superior team and their last outing on the road they were outplayed... tonight should be a statement for Indy.

interesting about the Sun being the worst so far the comets have faced...they face themselves in practice, and I betchya they lose...

Sun dismantled phoenix.....total defensive shutdown. I think the early struggles for the Sun are wearing off, and we're seeing the start of a top 3 or 4 team...as for the comets, they led the shock the whole way, and then just totally blew the win AND cover.......

I can understand backing the lynx at 12.5.......but comets at less than a TD doesn't seem good to me.

....maybe it'll be a 6 point game and we both can win.

:shake:

Detroit @ New York +3.5
newyork.gif

( 3 units )

Detroit has tons of talent and I believe that puts them ahead of the rest of the pack, but not by much just yet. They have beat Sacramento, but other than that, their games have been against Washington, Minnesota, and Houston. Could their schedule have started any easier?? The way I see it, playing AT New York is something not many teams would really want to do right now. They are playing great there and are showing they can handle teams like Indiana and Phoenix there. That's what a little motivation does. One day they are barely squeaking by Chicago and Washington.. then the next they are beating Indiana by 11. I think this spot gives them a good chance to make a statement and Detroit a good opportunity to come back down to earth. Erin only had 10 pts last game so I think she steps things up for this Detroit team. She needs to be as she will be up against Tweety (Deanna Nolan).

still thinking about houston myself, but if i do it will be the 1st half only. conn has not been a good first half team so far but i think they will take it to houston in the 2nd half. i'm just not sure if 6 will be enough for the full game once conn gets going

they face themselves in practice, and I betchya they lose...

probably... but they can afford to lose in practice... right?

Sun dismantled phoenix.....total defensive shutdown.

you mean that same Phoenix team that went on to lose to New York and then to crappy Minnesota AT home after that game??

I think Phoenix hit a slump and when you have neither Taurasi or Cappi hit at least 15 pts, they will lose... and probably not score many points...

I think the early struggles for the Sun are wearing off, and we're seeing the start of a top 3 or 4 team...as for the comets, they led the shock the whole way, and then just totally blew the win AND cover.......

The Sun are a good team.. I won't knock that.. but they are nowhere near the form they were in last season.. so a top 3 or 4 team??.. I need to wait to see that one...

the funny thing is, alot of people jump on teams and judge teams based on a game or two.. and NO, I'm not saying that's what you're doing at all red.. I'm saying if you look at rankings, some sites like espn or even wnba.com are throwing San Antonio and NY into top 3 or top 4 categories.. I say they need to chill.. I think they overreact due to a couple of games.. is that really where those teams will be at the end of the year??.. I need more proof.. and that's where I'm going with this.. Connecticut is a good team.. but they have not proven to me that they are great... at least not like last year... but maybe these responses will be different when a future conversation about them comes up... until then.. I do believe they are the worse team Houston has faced so far... but that's just me... lol.

I can understand backing the lynx at 12.5.......but comets at less than a TD doesn't seem good to me.

....maybe it'll be a 6 point game and we both can win.

I think Minny has moved to +13 in some places.. at least that's what I heard...

comets less than a td??... okay.. I won't go there.. lol..

but I definitely hope for both of us to win somehow... gl bud.

still thinking about houston myself, but if i do it will be the 1st half only. conn has not been a good first half team so far but i think they will take it to houston in the 2nd half. i'm just not sure if 6 will be enough for the full game once conn gets going

definitely.. I thought about that for a long time myself... thing is.. I'm just not a half kinda guy.. lol.. but it's probably the better way to go.

minnesota.gif
Minnesota +12.5 @ Los Angeles

( 3 units )

I know... Minnesota blows!...

take it for what it's worth, but I think (and I really hate going against the Sparks at home) Minnesota gets enough done to cover this spread. This is LA's first home game.. so that is scary as hell, but they have scored over 80 their last two games and I think things slow down a bit. I think this game will be more about sloppiness and defense. LA should win this, but they will not play their hearts out here. They barely lost to Sacramento on the road by 3 pts last game.. they played their hearts out there. They should be in cruise control here. They'll probably lead the whole way and possibly have a double digit lead some time in the game, but I wouldn't count on that lead sticking. Minnesota is coming off a little spark after beating Phoenix on the road last game. They should hang around this entire game and not let it get away.

two lessons learned already for me...

1. Detroit will be taking every team seriously this season... or at least til' they lose their first game.. haha.. so don't bet against them til then.

and

2. Houston.. don't ever take em' for a full game.. they can only give one half efforts worth... ONLY they could let a team pull off that kind of comeback crap... they did it against Seattle.. now against Connecticut... they could not be any more disorganized than they are right now.

the worse part is I am actually depending on Minnesota (of all teams) to keep me from having a horrible day... that's pretty sad.

Keep plugging Blitz!!!!

Had Houston and New York as well...and yes, I have Minny and the over in the last game of the WNBA card. Hopefully, Minny covers and this game goes over for me. Hoping for a win by the Padres and an under in the A's-Giants game to make this a profitable night after the debacle in the WNBA.

Sheeesh!!!!

2. Houston.. don't ever take em' for a full game.. they can only give one half efforts worth... ONLY they could let a team pull off that kind of comeback crap... they did it against Seattle.. now against Connecticut... they could not be any more disorganized than they are right now.

Okay, what happened this time? I was busy with the disappointment of watching Pirates of the Carribean 3.

All I saw was that the comets managed to lose by DD...again...did they blow another large lead?

The Sun are a good team.. I won't knock that.. but they are nowhere near the form they were in last season.. so a top 3 or 4 team??.. I need to wait to see that one...

the funny thing is, alot of people jump on teams and judge teams based on a game or two.. and NO, I'm not saying that's what you're doing at all red.. I'm saying if you look at rankings, some sites like espn or even wnba.com are throwing San Antonio and NY into top 3 or top 4 categories.. I say they need to chill.. I think they overreact due to a couple of games.. is that really where those teams will be at the end of the year??.. I need more proof.. and that's where I'm going with this.. Connecticut is a good team.. but they have not proven to me that they are great... at least not like last year... but maybe these responses will be different when a future conversation about them comes up... until then.. I do believe they are the worse team Houston has faced so far... but that's just me... lol.

I think it's premature to put the SilverStars in the top 4 sort of team......New York has been impressive though....and playing at a whole new level from last year. I'm not keen on bouncing anyone, though........

I think what I'm doing with the Sun is giving them credit for last year and treating their first few games of this year as the outliers.

off to read the recap of this game....

omg...46-30 at halftime and they fucking lost at home....by 11.

tremendously impressive performance by the comets.

WOW.

thanks for the optimism fellas... but it still sucks going 2-3 the last two days.. hopefully I can snap this shit before it gets worse...

on a bright note though... Minnesota did pull out the cover.. so 2-2 for the night...

updated:

Beaver Blitz (14-9) (60.8%) +7 units

Back