B.A.R. Followers

• Thread starter Thread starter abcs
  • Start date Start date
A

abcs

November 17, 2007
BY BRIAN HANLEY Staff Reporter

Bulls coach Scott Skiles was anticipating a second starting lineup change in as many games Saturday for his 1-6 team.

Skiles, though, hadn’t planned for the absence of Luol Deng, whose suddenly sore back likely will keep him out Saturday night when the Bulls face the Los Angeles Clippers.

‘‘At Phoenix [Thursday], as the game went on, it just kept getting real tight,’’ Deng said Saturday. ‘‘I don’t know which play or how it happened. I really have no idea. Then, after the game, I was in pain. I couldn’t even walk. I kept thinking that it would go away, but it’s the worst.’’

Deng, one of only two Bulls to play all 82 games last season, said he would decide if he could go shortly before tipoff. But given that he winced when he tried to get up from sitting, it appears he will not be able to play tonight.

‘‘It doesn’t look good,’’ Deng said. ‘‘I want to play so bad. We want to turn this thing around, but I have to do what I have to do to get better.’’

Skiles said he was planning on starting Tyrus Thomas in Deng’s starting spot at forward.
Andres Nocioni, who Skiles inserted in the starting five for Thomas at Phoenix, was also in the starting lineup Saturday.

:shake:

Interesting, since this came out of no where..

Word on the street is Deng isn't really hurt, but might be being held out because a trade is on the table.

<table class="s_playerNewsTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>
</td> <td class="s_playerNewsLeftBorder">
pixel.gif
</td><td class="s_playerNewsText">Tyrus Thomas will be the Bulls' starting small forward when they play the Clippers on Saturday. Luol Deng is experiencing back pain and will likely miss the game, but the Chicago Sun-Times is hinting that coach Scott Skiles would have made the switch even if Deng were healthy.</td></tr></tbody></table>Luol Deng is suddenly questionable for Saturday's game against the Clippers, after back pain forced him to miss Friday's practice and Saturday's shoot-around.

as far as a trade for Deng...

thats just a silly rumor. From what I read, the Lakers are asking for kitchen sink again. Not only players but multiple draft picks. Kobe is a Laker all year IMO.

Stick with what works. Never fade injuries.

That is what the man taught me a while back :cheers: If maggs is out then I think its a wash.. If Cory plays then I think the Bulls are in trouble. Clippers are pretty angry about letting the GSW win. Skiles switching up the lineups shows a sign of discontent and panic to me.

BAR i can understand the never fade injuries approach but if the Clipps are shorthanded AND in a bad spot it sheds a different kind of light on them than just being in a bad spot. So in a way by playing the Bulls minus points on the road we are already betting against the injuries.

I'm still considering this one. If Maggette plays (let's hope we get the info before the tipoff) I might hedge out. If not, heck, let it be. I still think the Bulls are fired up enough to take this one and the Clipps just look old.

Also, how many more hits to the ole bones can they take? Missing Brand, Livingston, having Mobley bruised, Patterson not 100%, Maggette 50/50, etc...

And the Bulls are definitely better than their current record.

Anyways, thanks for the heads up abcs.

Are the Bulls better than their current record? Ben Wallace looks old.. and the offseason moves are non existant. I am not impressed, especially without Deng. Who is gonna create their own shot in that offense? Thomas? Noah? Hinrich?

Anybody want to be less lazy than me and look up their record without Deng in the last couple years?

Are the Bulls better than their current record? Ben Wallace looks old.. and the offseason moves are non existant. I am not impressed, especially without Deng. Who is gonna create their own shot in that offense? Thomas? Noah? Hinrich?

So you think the Bulls are worth 1-6? On the long run that's what, 14% of wins? 6-27 or what? So yeah I think they are better than that. Whether they get to the playoffs that's debatable, I think they do, but they are on their way up. But I can't say this Deng thing doesn't bother me. He's been a regular for them, quite consistent.

I'm not impressed either but I'm talking about this game tonight, not betting the Bulls to win the title or to climb back to .500 before game 25 or something like that.

the one positive is that one of the big problems the clips have had recently is on the glass especially from those TimThomas has been assigned to, he'll probably have even more trouble keeping the athetlic TYrusThomas off the boards; it certainly is a troublesome blow for a team lacking any real offensive flow when their best offensive weapon (we can debate BG or LD) is gone

Is Deng actually officially ruled out? Line has been moving in favour of the Bulls?

read a few Bulls forums and they say he's out. TT will be starting at the SF slot. Maybe Mags is out and this offsets the Deng loss.

read a few Bulls forums and they say he's out. TT will be starting at the SF slot. Maybe Mags is out and this offsets the Deng loss.

Ah ok so Corey's injury probably explains why the line has held firm, cancels each other out.

So Deng is playing but Maggette is out??? Geez these NBA injury reports are atrocious :hang:

Just out of curiosity did the line move more towards the Bulls? Did we see -3.5 before tip off?

Its sick Rod.. I would have been pissed that they didnt mention Paul was out. Unreal.. It pays to know someone on the inside ;)

Back