Anyone around to talk football?

Dmoney416

Ben Mauk's Counsel
Tomorrow happens to be clear for me, so I've got some time.

I want to talk season win totals in particular. :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
let's do it here so I can participate. I've been running quite a few numbers and see some interesting opportunities. Here's what I'm thinking so far.

Nebraska Over 7 (-130) - Too many gimmes. At home vs. Western Michigan, San Jose St., New Mexico St., and Baylor. Should win at home vs. Colorado and should win at Iowa St. which usually turns into half a home game for the Corn. That leaves home games vs. Kansas and Va Tech which are winnable as well as a road game at Kansas State. Probable losses are at Texas Tech and at Oklahoma and home vs. Mizzou, though Mizzou hasn't won in Lincoln since 1978. I see 8-4 as the most likely outcome. I don't see 6-6 happening at all.

Kansas Over 8 (+170) - Way too good of a number not to take a shot here. I made it 8.5. These guys continue to get no respect. They have a very solid QB and a great coach. That's a winning combination in my book.

Gimmes - Florida International, La Tech, Sam Houston St.
Probables - At Iowa St., Colorado, Kansas St.
50/50 - Texas Tech, At Nebraska, Texas
Tough ones (but they have a chance) - At South Florida, Missouri (in KC)
Probably not - At Oklahoma

Colardo Under 6 (-120) - Tough schedule, plus I think Hawkins is a goof.

Gimmes - Eastern Washington
They'll be favored, but by less than a TD - Colorado St. (in Denver, I believe), Kansas St., Iowa St.
Tough ones, but they have a chance - Texas, Oklahoma St., At Nebraska, At Texas A&M
Not likely - West Virginia, At Florida St., At Missouri, At Kansas

Too many tough roadies to win 7. I made it 5.

cubsker, I think that Western Mich could give Nebraska a run in the opener. What do you think the line would be for that one?

cubsker, I think that Western Mich could give Nebraska a run in the opener. What do you think the line would be for that one?

I think you're right and it's a game that does scare me a bit. I need a little more info on WM but I was thinking 14, maybe. Anything higher is probably going to warrant a bet on WMU.

I do agree on Colorado and Kansas is getting a bit more attractive at +170.

Nebraska in on two of the back seven on D return (at least according to Steele). Looks like they return some depth though.

Well, after talking with linde yesterday, I came away liking these futures (in the order that I like them)

Arizona St UNDER 8.5 (-135)

Returning starters: 13 (6 on offense, 7 on defense)

The schedule:

2008 Schedule/Results

<TABLE class="tablehead teamTop colOne" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TD width="15%">DATE</TD><TD width="45%">OPPONENT</TD><TD align=middle width="20%">TV</TD><TD align=right width="20%">TIME (ET)</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD>8/30</TD><TD align=left>Northern Arizona</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>10:00 PM</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>9/06</TD><TD align=left>Stanford</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>10:00 PM</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>9/13</TD><TD align=left>UNLV</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>10:00 PM</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>9/20</TD><TD align=left>Georgia</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>8:13 PM</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>10/04</TD><TD align=left>@ California</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>10/11</TD><TD align=left>@ USC</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>10/25</TD><TD align=left>Oregon</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>11/01</TD><TD align=left>@ Oregon State</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>10:15 PM</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>11/08</TD><TD align=left>@ Washington</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>11/15</TD><TD align=left>Washington State</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>11/28</TD><TD align=left>UCLA</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>9:30 PM</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>12/06</TD><TD align=left>@ Arizona</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>8:00 PM</TD><TR><TD style="BACKGROUND: #dfdfce" colSpan=4>Complete Team Schedule</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yes, they were 10-3 last year, but they only played four road games, four of which they were favored in (Stanford, Washington St., UCLA). They have weapons on offense, but they lose depth in Torain and Burgess and only two return on the O-line. They lose their overall top tackler. They have a brutal three game stretch in Georgia, @California, and @USC. They could easily be 3-3 at the midway point. @Washington, @Arizona, and Oregon are no picnics down the stretch either.

Purdue UNDER 7 (-140)

Returning starters: 12 (6 on offense, 6 on defense)

The Schedule:

2008 Schedule/Results

<TABLE class="tablehead teamTop colOne" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TD width="15%">DATE</TD><TD width="45%">OPPONENT</TD><TD align=middle width="20%">TV</TD><TD align=right width="20%">TIME (ET)</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD>9/06</TD><TD align=left>Northern Colorado</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>9/13</TD><TD align=left>Oregon</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>3:30 PM</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>9/20</TD><TD align=left>Central Michigan</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>9/27</TD><TD align=left>@ Notre Dame</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>3:30 PM</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>10/04</TD><TD align=left>Penn State</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>10/11</TD><TD align=left>@ Ohio State</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>10/18</TD><TD align=left>@ Northwestern</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>12:00 PM</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>10/25</TD><TD align=left>Minnesota</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>12:00 PM</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>11/01</TD><TD align=left>Michigan</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>11/08</TD><TD align=left>@ Michigan State</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>11/15</TD><TD align=left>@ Iowa</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>11/22</TD><TD align=left>Indiana</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR><TD style="BACKGROUND: #dfdfce" colSpan=4>Complete Team Schedule</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Linde found this gem. Painter and Sheets return as an effective QB/RB combo. However, four of the top five WRs are gone (Bryant - 936 yards, 8 TD, Keller - 881 yards, 7 TD, Lymon - 450 yards, 2 TD, Standeford - 396, 3 TD). That's 2663 yards (66.7% of last year's passing yards) and 20 TD (66.7% of last year's passing TDs). Five of the top six tacklers are gone. Linde pointed out that they have lost to 14 straight ranked teams, and they basically lose on the road to any team with a pulse.

They also play all 12 games without a bye week for some reason. They could easily go 1-4 on the road this year with roadies @ND, @Ohio St., @Northwestern, @Mich St., and @Iowa. Home games against PSU, Oregon, and Michigan are tough ones as well. They also have a terrible sandwich spot against Central Michigan (between Oregon and Notre Dame) as CMU has the rare double revenge from the last season.

Fresno St. over 8.5 (+145)

Returning Starters: 17 (10 on offense, 7 on defense)

2008 Schedule/Results

<TABLE class="tablehead teamTop colOne" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TD width="15%">DATE</TD><TD width="45%">OPPONENT</TD><TD align=middle width="20%">TV</TD><TD align=right width="20%">TIME (ET)</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD>9/01</TD><TD align=left>@ Rutgers</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>4:00 PM</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>9/13</TD><TD align=left>Wisconsin</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>10:30 PM</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>9/20</TD><TD align=left>@ Toledo</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>7:00 PM</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>9/27</TD><TD align=left>@ UCLA</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>3:30 PM</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>10/04</TD><TD align=left>Hawaii</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>10:00 PM</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>10/11</TD><TD align=left>Idaho</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>10:00 PM</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>10/25</TD><TD align=left>@ Utah State</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>3:00 PM</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>11/01</TD><TD align=left>@ Louisiana Tech</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>2:30 PM</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>11/07</TD><TD align=left>Nevada</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>9:00 PM</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>11/15</TD><TD align=left>New Mexico State</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>5:00 PM</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>11/21</TD><TD align=left>@ San Jose State</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>9:30 PM</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>11/28</TD><TD align=left>@ Boise State</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>6:00 PM</TD><TR><TD style="BACKGROUND: #dfdfce" colSpan=4>Complete Team Schedule</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ok, very tough non-conference schedule with @Rutgers, Wisconsin, and @UCLA. However, this team is usually a very solid road squad. 4-2 ATS on the road last year, including the close loss in the triple OT thriller @A&M. Also, had a close call @Hawaii. Also, their conference schedule is a joke, as they will be favored in every conference battle except for the finale @Boise St. Their other conference road games are @Utah St., @La. Tech, and @SJSU.

I figure that if they go 1-2 @Rutgers, Wisconsin, @UCLA, they have a legit shot at this. At +145, its worth a shot.

Last edited:
Penn St. OVER 8.5 -120

Returning starters: 18 (9 on offense, 9 on defense)

The Schedule:

2008 Schedule/Results

<TABLE class="tablehead teamTop colOne" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TD width="15%">DATE</TD><TD width="45%">OPPONENT</TD><TD align=middle width="20%">TV</TD><TD align=right width="20%">TIME (ET)</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD>8/30</TD><TD align=left>Coastal Carolina</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>9/06</TD><TD align=left>Oregon State</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>3:30 PM</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>9/13</TD><TD align=left>@ Syracuse</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>3:30 PM</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>9/20</TD><TD align=left>Temple</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>9/27</TD><TD align=left>Illinois</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>8:00 PM</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>10/04</TD><TD align=left>@ Purdue</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>10/11</TD><TD align=left>@ Wisconsin</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>8:00 PM</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>10/18</TD><TD align=left>Michigan</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>4:30 PM</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>10/25</TD><TD align=left>@ Ohio State</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>8:00 PM</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>11/08</TD><TD align=left>@ Iowa</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>11/15</TD><TD align=left>Indiana</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>11/22</TD><TD align=left>Michigan State</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR><TD style="BACKGROUND: #dfdfce" colSpan=4>Complete Team Schedule</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Unfortunately, though they have 18 returning starters, they have to make a switch at QB, and they lose the heart of the D in Connor and Lee. Still Clark/Devlin will have plenty of help with a full O-line and a group of veteran WRs to work with.

They have likely losses @Ohio St. and @Wisconsin, but they should walk to a 4-0 record in the non-conference. That leaves one other loss to work with. That means they can afford to lose one of the following: Illinois, @Purdue, Michigan (homecoming), @Iowa, Michigan St, Indiana. Not too many tough ones in there, as @Iowa looks to be the toughest test.

Last edited:
Mississippi OVER 5.5 (-110)

Returning starters: 16 (7 on offense, 9 on defense)

The Schedule:

2008 Schedule/Results

<TABLE class="tablehead teamTop colOne" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TD width="15%">DATE</TD><TD width="45%">OPPONENT</TD><TD align=middle width="20%">TV</TD><TD align=right width="20%">TIME (ET)</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD>8/30</TD><TD align=left>Memphis</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>9/06</TD><TD align=left>@ Wake Forest</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>3:30 PM</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>9/13</TD><TD align=left>Samford</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>9/20</TD><TD align=left>Vanderbilt</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>9/27</TD><TD align=left>@ Florida</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>10/04</TD><TD align=left>South Carolina</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>10/18</TD><TD align=left>@ Alabama</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>10/25</TD><TD align=left>@ Arkansas</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>11/01</TD><TD align=left>Auburn</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>11/15</TD><TD align=left>Louisiana-Monroe</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>6:00 PM</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>11/22</TD><TD align=left>@ LSU</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>11/28</TD><TD align=left>Mississippi State</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>12:30 PM</TD><TR><TD style="BACKGROUND: #dfdfce" colSpan=4>Complete Team Schedule</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Linde brought this one up as well, as he said it should be considered in that they have four very likely wins in Memphis, Samford, Vandy, and La-Monroe. They'll be favored at home against Miss St. in the finale as well. That means they'll just have to pull an upset or two somewhere.

They lose Green-Ellis and their top two QBs, but they bring in Snead from Texas. They also return their top 14 tacklers, including sack man Greg Lewis (10 last year).

Last edited:
Couple of interesting non-conference games for Texas, but ultimately they should come out of that undefeated.

To have a shot at the over 9 wins, they'd have to split Oklahoma (in Dallas), Missouri, @Texas Tech, and @Kansas. Pretty tough. At the same time, though, it's very unlikely that they drop them all. I guess @Colorado is the only other tricky game.

I guess I see 10-2 about as likely as 8-4. However, if you see @Colorado as a dangerous game, I would agree that 8-4 is the more likely scenario.

I have money in there to bet the season totals, but I probably make only 10-15% of my bets during the season there, so its not like I'm losing everything or making enough to cash out.

I do agree on Colorado and Kansas is getting a bit more attractive at +170.

Nebraska in on two of the back seven on D return (at least according to Steele). Looks like they return some depth though.

really hard to know what Nebraska has on D, b/c the coaching was just so awful last year. No one bought in, no one cared, it was pathetic. Remember that these guys were highly rated recruits that Callahan brought in, so I have to think there is talent. Asante, Thenarse, and Murillo all played a lot last year. Culbert and West also have some experience. The DLine is all back, so I expect much better with different schemes. The big question is at LB. Dillard started here and there and should be fine. The other 2 LB spots are a huge question mark. Cody Glenn moved in the spring from RB. He's been hurt a ton the last two years after a very promising freshman year. He even had a couple of huge games as a sophmore. His backup, is LaTravis Washington (Fabian Washington's brother) who was also a highly touted recruit. Tyler Wortman, a Senior, hasn't played much before so he seems to be your typical overachieving not too talented type. His backup, Blake Lawrence, was a big recruit out of Kansas City 2 years ago. I would think he'll become the starter. If we have injuries at LB, we're going to have a lot of very young guys in there.

What do we know about the Arizona St. OLine. Texas just destroyed them in the bowl game last year. More of the same this year? If so, they can't possibly win 9 with that road schedule plus Georgia and UCLA at home.

Thanks for the Nebraska info.

As for the Zona St. O-line, I can only tell you what is in Steele. They return only two of the 5 starters from last year, though RG Fanaika was Honorable Mention in the Pac 10 last year. The depth looks to be inexperienced, as many of the back-ups seem to be redshirt freshmen.

i like the FSU under 8 wins plus 110.. being a fan they are so thin at oline i just dont have faith that we will be able to keep it together for 60 minutes each week. 9 wins would be a great season.. i think at worst you get is a push at 8 wins

i like the FSU under 8 wins plus 110.. being a fan they are so thin at oline i just dont have faith that we will be able to keep it together for 60 minutes each week. 9 wins would be a great season.. i think at worst you get is a push at 8 wins

do you see them having any problem with Colorado?

Here's the FSU schedule. 2 easy ones, but I don't see a gimme on the list after that.

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1><TD class=yspdetailttl width="15%">Date</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="25%">Opponent</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="15%">Time/Result</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="30%">Audio/Video</TD></TR><!-- regular season games --><TR class=ysprow1 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Sep 6</TD><TD>Western Carolina</TD><TD>6:00 pm</TD><TD noWrap>--</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Sep 13</TD><TD>Chattanooga</TD><TD>3:45 pm</TD><TD noWrap>--</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Sep 20</TD><TD>Wake Forest</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD noWrap>--</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Sep 27</TD><TD>Colorado</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD noWrap>--</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Oct 4</TD><TD>at Miami (FL)</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD noWrap>--</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Thu, Oct 16</TD><TD>at North Carolina State</TD><TD>7:30 pm</TD><TD noWrap>--</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Oct 25</TD><TD>(9) Virginia Tech</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD noWrap>--</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Nov 1</TD><TD>at Georgia Tech</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD noWrap>--</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Nov 8</TD><TD>(21) Clemson</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD noWrap>--</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Nov 15</TD><TD>(10) Boston College</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD noWrap>--</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Nov 22</TD><TD>at Maryland</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD noWrap>--</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Nov 29</TD><TD>(13) Florida</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD noWrap>--</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Here it is (the Zona St. O-line) according to Steele (CAPS is returning starter)

Center:
1st string: Thomas Altieri (6'2'', 300, Junior): PS#96, 2 games as a RS Frosh, 2 games LY
2nd: Garth Gerhart (6'0'', 305, RS Frosh): PS#138
3rd: Clay Davie (6'0'', 223, RS Frosh): PS#525, long-snapper
4th: Thomas Ohmart (6'0'', 265, Frosh)

RG:
1st: PAUL FANAIKA (6'6'', 359, Senior): 10 starts in '06, 13 last year. Honorable Mention PAC-10 each of the last two years.
2nd: Matt Hustad (6'4'', 275, RS Frosh): PS#217 (as a DL)
3rd: Trent Marsh (6'2'', 310, RS Frosh): Walk-on

LG:
1st: SHAWN LAUVAO (6'3'', 305, Junior): PS#476, 9 starts LY, 5 games as a frosh.
2nd: Adam Tello (6'2'', 283, RS Frosh): PS#172
3rd: Chris Scott (6'2'', 287, RS Frosh): PS#505
4th: Curtis Cole (6'2'', 316, RS Frosh)

RT:
1st: Richard Tuitu'u (6'4'', 353, Junior): PS#95, 10 games LY (as 2nd stringer), 9 games as a RS Frosh
2nd: Zach Schlink: PS#42 (no other info is given)
3rd: Nick Emanuele (6'5'', 285, Frosh)
4th: Brent Good (6'2'', 354, Junior)

LT:
1st: Jon Hargis (6'4'', 310, Soph): PS#72 (as a DL), 13 games, 2 starts as a DL last year.
2nd: Tom Njunge (6'5'', 280, Junior): PS#243 (JUCO)
3rd: Mike Marcisz (6'5'', 292, RS Frosh): PS#413

So, as you can see, a lot of inexperienced depth.

I don't have my Steele here at work. Where does he have Wake Forest? They look pretty damn solid to me. Greek doesn't have a # on them yet.

That cu game will be interesting since it is being played at a neutral site where we have played well.. in jax.. let me get more info on who is suspended for that game and such and ill post it just dont have time right now

Unfortunately, they have to play @Nebraska and in a neutral site finale against Kansas, two of the other contenders for the North.

Unfortunately, they have to play @Nebraska and in a neutral site finale against Kansas, two of the other contenders for the North.

That's true, but you have to favor them to win both. I like to look at games vs. the South because for the most part the South kicks the North's ass.

Nebraska - At OU, at TT, Baylor (1-2 is very likely)
Missouri - At Texas, At Baylor, Okie St. (2-1 seems most likely, with a chance at 3-0 and at 1-2)
Kansas - At OU, TT, Texas (Yikes, 3 best teams, but at least they get 2 at home. Anywhere between 2-1 and 0-3 is possible.)
Colorado - Texas, At A&M, Okie St. (They could win or lose all of these.)

Seems like a clear edge to Mizzou here. as you have two games where they will be a substantial fav.

Good point. They will be favored against the North's best as well, I was just saying that I'd be a bit more comfortable if they got them at home.

I don't have my Steele here at work. Where does he have Wake Forest? They look pretty damn solid to me. Greek doesn't have a # on them yet.

Waiting for the Wake # myself...hoping to see 8 around -110 or 8.5 at + money. I like that over as I see them going 10-2, 9-3 at worst.

of the ones listed here , this one strikes me as the best.

Purdue UNDER 7 (-140)

Returning starters: 12 (6 on offense, 6 on defense)

The Schedule:

2008 Schedule/Results

<TABLE class="tablehead teamTop colOne" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TD width="15%">DATE</TD><TD width="45%">OPPONENT</TD><TD align=middle width="20%">TV</TD><TD align=right width="20%">TIME (ET)</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD>9/06</TD><TD align=left>Northern Colorado</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>9/13</TD><TD align=left>Oregon</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>3:30 PM</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>9/20</TD><TD align=left>Central Michigan</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>9/27</TD><TD align=left>@ Notre Dame</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>3:30 PM</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>10/04</TD><TD align=left>Penn State</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>10/11</TD><TD align=left>@ Ohio State</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>10/18</TD><TD align=left>@ Northwestern</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>12:00 PM</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>10/25</TD><TD align=left>Minnesota</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>12:00 PM</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>11/01</TD><TD align=left>Michigan</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>11/08</TD><TD align=left>@ Michigan State</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=oddrow><TD>11/15</TD><TD align=left>@ Iowa</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD>11/22</TD><TD align=left>Indiana</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=right>TBA</TD><TR><TD style="BACKGROUND: #dfdfce" colSpan=4>Complete Team Schedule</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I see them being favored in about 4 of the games. Some winnables in there too but hard to see this team winning 8 games to lose. I am also already on record as calling for c michigan to upset them.

I was talking to Signal about this.

Does both Ohio State & Penn State go into Camp Randall and win?

I was talking to Signal about this.

Does both Ohio State & Penn State go into Camp Randall and win?

Wisky is a team I never have a good feel for. I know they are starting a new QB, Allan Everidge who is a Kansas St. transfer that got run off by Ron Prince. Everidge played a little bit in Snyder's last year. Left handed, pretty good runner, was not accurate in the passing game at all but he was still pretty green at the time. It seems Wisky doesn't really depend on their QBs to be insanely accurate as they use a lot of play action and seem to get guys that come open quite a bit. Their TE is back, right?

It took a while for LSU to adapt to Pellini's style, so you may see the same slow transition for the Huskers defense.

Back