Anyone around to talk football?

Penn St. OVER 8.5 -120

Returning starters: 18 (9 on offense, 9 on defense)

Unfortunately, though they have 18 returning starters, they have to make a switch at QB, and they lose the heart of the D in Connor and Lee. Still Clark/Devlin will have plenty of help with a full O-line and a group of veteran WRs to work with.

They have likely losses @Ohio St. and @Wisconsin, but they should walk to a 4-0 record in the non-conference. That leaves one other loss to work with. That means they can afford to lose one of the following: Illinois, @Purdue, Michigan (homecoming), @Iowa, Michigan St, Indiana. Not too many tough ones in there, as @Iowa looks to be the toughest test.

I agree with everything you said, D, and I also think Penn St has a good shot at upsetting the Badgers in Madison. But, don't tell this to Fondy, he called me a dirty tramp when I told him this.

Mississippi OVER 5.5 (-110)

Returning starters: 16 (7 on offense, 9 on defense)

Linde brought this one up as well, as he said it should be considered in that they have four very likely wins in Memphis, Samford, Vandy, and La-Monroe. They'll be favored at home against Miss St. in the finale as well. That means they'll just have to pull an upset or two somewhere.

They lose Green-Ellis and their top two QBs, but they bring in Snead from Texas. They also return their top 14 tacklers, including sack man Greg Lewis (10 last year).

Like this one as well. Ole Miss will not miss the two stooges that took snaps for them last season. BJGE is gone at RB, but Michael Oher can open up wholes that an 18-wheeler can fit through, so the running game should remain somewhat decent. If Ole Miss falls behind early though, their offense will fall on the arm of an unproven QB, which could be detrimental to their success. I agree that Memphis, Samford, Vandy, and ULM should all be W's. As much as I dislike them, the Rebs play tough conference ball and should make Arkansas win number five. A victory over Bama and/or Miss St is not far-fetched either. The Rebs could finish as high as third in the SEC West.

They also have a terrible sandwich spot against Central Michigan (between Oregon and Notre Dame) as CMU has the rare double revenge from the last season.

CMU will get destroyed by UGA in Wk2, then have conference foe Ohio in Wk3. I am hoping for a big spread on this one to bet CMU.

Purdue will be a one-sided team this year, and with that one side being the offense that lost their stable of WRs, it could get ugly for the Boilermakers this year.

CMU will get destroyed by UGA in Wk2, then have conference foe Ohio in Wk3. I am hoping for a big spread on this one to bet CMU.

Purdue will be a one-sided team this year, and with that one side being the offense that lost their stable of WRs, it could get ugly for the Boilermakers this year.

:smiley_acbe:

Im just posting what I sent to Marlo regarding those b2b in Wisconsin schedule. Ohio St and Penn St

Those are def. the 2 I am worried about. Actually theres one more early in the season AT Fresno. For some reason just dont have a real good feeling about that one. Trying to break in a new QB and going to be his first true road test I could see them losing that one. But out of the Big 10 games I think they honestly beat OSU and lose to PSU. But Im in love with PSU this year so maybe thats why I feel that way. I guess we will find out though

I finally get home and want to talk football and now nobody else wants to do it. Lets go. Atleast for another 40 minutes. Just lets start throwing random questions/thoughts/predictions out there. Makes it a lot more interesting

Kinda like the Over 6 Wins for my Heels this year, as worst case I see on this one would be a push. I think they have a legit shot at 7, maybe 8 if a couple breaks go their way. I think we get the Hokies in a perfect spot at home, so I would not be surprised if we pulled the upset there. ND is another home game where we could pull out a win. Rutgers, even on the road is a winnable game, as it will be pretty even matched. Miami is a road game that isn't an automatic loss, as I think the Heels and Canes will be fairly evenly matched this year. Let me know what you guys think, as I have posted my projected season breakdown below...

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR bgColor=#adc3e4><TD align=middle width="100%">2008 SCHEDULE
( Click on an event for complete event information )
</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#000000>
spacer-000000.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE id=schedtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=event-table-headings bgColor=#10214a><TD class=head-text>Date</TD><TD class=head-text>Opponent / Event</TD><TD class=head-text>Location</TD><TD class=head-text>Time / Result</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#000000><TD colSpan=4>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR><TR class="" id=908031 title=2008,7,30,18,00,00 vAlign=top bgColor=#f1f1f1 origClass="event-listing" timer="54486885" recap="null" schoolcode="unc" timestamp="2008,7,30,18,00,00" atvs="vs."><TD class=row-text>08/30/08</TD><TD class=row-text>vs. McNeese State W</TD><TD class=row-text>Chapel Hill, N.C.</TD><TD class=row-text>6:00 p.m. ET</TD></TR><TR class="" id=908032 title=2008,8,11,19,30,00 vAlign=top bgColor=#d1d1d1><TD class=row-text>09/11/08</TD><TD class=row-text>at Rutgers
media-icon-tv.gif
L/W (toss up)</TD><TD class=row-text>Piscataway, N.J.</TD><TD class=row-text>7:30 p.m. ET</TD></TR><TR class="" id=908033 title=2008,8,20,23,59,00 vAlign=top bgColor=#f1f1f1><TD class=row-text>09/20/08</TD><TD class=row-text>vs. Virginia Tech L/W (nice spot)</TD><TD class=row-text>Chapel Hill, N.C.</TD><TD class=row-text>TBA</TD></TR><TR class="" id=908026 title=2008,8,27,23,59,00 vAlign=top bgColor=#d1d1d1><TD class=row-text>09/27/08</TD><TD class=row-text>at Miami L/W (toss up on road)</TD><TD class=row-text>Miami Gardens, Fla.</TD><TD class=row-text>TBA</TD></TR><TR class="" id=908034 title=2008,9,04,23,59,00 vAlign=top bgColor=#f1f1f1><TD class=row-text>10/04/08</TD><TD class=row-text>vs. Connecticut W</TD><TD class=row-text>Chapel Hill, N.C.</TD><TD class=row-text>TBA</TD></TR><TR class="" id=908027 title=2008,9,11,23,59,00 vAlign=top bgColor=#d1d1d1><TD class=row-text>10/11/08</TD><TD class=row-text>vs. Notre Dame L/W (good shot)</TD><TD class=row-text>Chapel Hill, N.C.</TD><TD class=row-text>TBA</TD></TR><TR class="" id=908035 title=2008,9,18,23,59,00 vAlign=top bgColor=#f1f1f1><TD class=row-text>10/18/08</TD><TD class=row-text>at Virginia L (at UVA is tough)</TD><TD class=row-text>Charlottesville, Va.</TD><TD class=row-text>TBA</TD></TR><TR class="" id=908036 title=2008,9,25,23,59,00 vAlign=top bgColor=#d1d1d1><TD class=row-text>10/25/08</TD><TD class=row-text>vs. Boston College W</TD><TD class=row-text>Chapel Hill, N.C.</TD><TD class=row-text>TBA</TD></TR><TR class="" id=908028 title=2008,10,08,23,59,00 vAlign=top bgColor=#f1f1f1><TD class=row-text>11/08/08</TD><TD class=row-text>vs. Georgia Tech W/L</TD><TD class=row-text>Chapel Hill, N.C.</TD><TD class=row-text>TBA</TD></TR><TR class="" id=908029 title=2008,10,15,23,59,00 vAlign=top bgColor=#d1d1d1><TD class=row-text>11/15/08</TD><TD class=row-text>at Maryland L/W (toss up)</TD><TD class=row-text>College Park, Md.</TD><TD class=row-text>TBA</TD></TR><TR class="" id=908037 title=2008,10,22,23,59,00 vAlign=top bgColor=#f1f1f1><TD class=row-text>11/22/08</TD><TD class=row-text>vs. NC State W/L</TD><TD class=row-text>Chapel Hill, N.C.</TD><TD class=row-text>TBA</TD></TR><TR class=tr-hilite id=908038 title=2008,10,29,23,59,00 vAlign=top bgColor=#d1d1d1><TD class=row-text>11/29/08</TD><TD class=row-text>at Duke W</TD><TD class=row-text>Durham, N.C.</TD><TD class=row-text>TBA</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Most probably think the MAC is the most improved conference this year but i think its the ACC. A lot of very evenly matched teams in my estimation.

I think you are doing unc a disservice with a toss up in chapel hill with ncstate . and the virginia game is a toss up not a loss. Why would at virginia be a loss and at a much better maryland team be a toss up ??

This team has a tough schedule. It is even tougher since they dont get georgia tech in the beginning of the year but later when that team has really started to get a handle on the option.

likely wins
mcnees , uconn , georgia tech ( though its tricky ), at virginia, ncstate , duke

toss ups
at rutgers , vs virginia tech , notre dame , boston college

likely losses

at maryland , at miami fl

thats how i see it. i like the over 6. no real unwinnable games on the entire schedule .... not too many days off either but they never travel off the east coast !!!!!

wish i could be here for this thread tonight but going to a taco party. talk to you guys later.

Grats on a great head coach who will recruit his ass off , cb and grats on the upcoming season .. i think you guys make noise.

not sure why you think UCONN is an auto win. I looked at the UNC over b/c I think Davis is going to have them improving, but I only see 2 gimmees.

yes , didnt mean auto win.... just a likely win. They should be over a td favorite at home to uconn.

Thanks for the feedback VK.

My replies to some of your comments are in carolinablue of course haha.

I think you are doing unc a disservice with a toss up in chapel hill with ncstate . and the virginia game is a toss up not a loss. Why would at virginia be a loss and at a much better maryland team be a toss up ??

We have lost something like 13 in a row in Charlottesville so that is the main reason I have that one down as a likely loss rather than a toss up. For some reason they just seem to have our number there, so that's why I put it as an L. Doesn't necessarily mean I think we will lose, just the projected outcome based on history and how the teams matchup this year.

As far as Maryland goes, we have had much better success in College Park, so the HFA won't be as strong for the Terps as it is for the Cavs, since the intensity of the rivalry doesn't come close to matching the one we have with UVA.

This team has a tough schedule. It is even tougher since they dont get georgia tech in the beginning of the year but later when that team has really started to get a handle on the option.

I actually like the fact we get Va Tech early on as I would much rather get them early than GT, as I think this will be a transition year for the Jackets, as they will be better by the end of the season, but I think they won't get the results until at least next year. I see Tech losing a lot of close games kinda like we did, but guess we will see.

thats how i see it. i like the over 6. no real unwinnable games on the entire schedule .... not too many days off either but they never travel off the east coast !!!!!

Yeah, that is why I think the over 6 is a solid bet, even though I won't personally be playing it as I don't like having any cash tied up on futures, so I don't bet them myself, but figured I would throw it out there as I know a lot of guys like to play around with em here and there.

Thanks again for the discussion. Watching the LSU v Kentucky game from last year on FSN right now and it is getting me more fired up for the season to start haha.

Unc is going to battle miami down to the bone and may pull off the victory in miami..

Completely agree. We have a number of games on the schedule that may be looked back on in a few years as the turning point in the Butch Davis regime, and the Miami game this year on the road is one of em. Others are Va Tech and Notre Dame at home.

i also like that fact that um lost there college atmosphere.. and they have a&m before you and Fsu after so a very good sand. game

Back